Search found 149 matches

Return

Re: SANFL Draw

prowling panther wrote:I would be happy to pay more, and a $2 tax just to keep him.

I'd be happy to pay more plus a tax for the AWFUL reserves teams to eff off.
by topsywaldron
Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

You can read between the lines with this report. Big Phil, try and not ask a question with this statement if you can refrain from that sport for this .
What are you on about, now?

I think it's very sensitive this story and doesn't need constant questionning on why a comment has been made by posters. Thanks.
I couldn't agree more, regarding the sensitivities surrounding the situation...

Now...

If you could just point out where I have questioned a comment being made on this topic, let alone constant questioning, thanks?

Personally as a member of the club i don't care greatly about the sensitivities of the situation.

A former employee has allegedly taken a large amount of money from the club. I don't see how the Police can't be involved in this.

I am certain that if it were a bar person that did this, there wouldn't be any hesitation, in involving the Police in dealing with it even if the same sensitivities were involved.

Those sensitivities or the money allegedly being paid back don't IMO mean the club shouldn't be taking action against the individual. If what has been reported is true then a criminal offence took place and the person/people responsible should be made accountable for their actions.
by wycbloods
Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA vs Vic - Sheffield Shield

2/135this will be over before tea sunday boys
by stampy
Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JAS

It was about a year ago today that many truly caring, loving people, found out that Jacqueline Ann Schwier (JAS) had passed away.

Despite all the hours of painstaking moderation this Angel gave this site, and others, there are still a few remaining ‘Arseholes’ who should hang their heads in shame.

Those who still love this utterly gorgeous human being will always remember that she only sought to serve, honestly and fairly, just as she had in the ‘Falklands War’. How could anyone treat such a beautiful person so badly? Luckily, there were only a few f**kwits who treated this Angel unfairly. Fortunately, those who chose to ridicule, torture or upset JAS in the year of her death are a pathetic minority, way beyond belief & contempt. Good Aussies, should take a moment to remember this brave and unselfish woman, who, with complete and utter dedication, fought terminal cancer, silently, bravely, and tragically, on her own.

Thank you for just being you JAS.

Good and decent people will always love you and remember you.

I luv you Jax, and always will.
Sabre xox.
by SABRE
Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Cutting back on electricity and internet connections. One of the members has offered the use of his carrier pigeons.
by SDK
Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Thiele wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Apparently West Adelaide members have recieved an email advising that Justin Hardy is officially signed...

not me

Mine has got lost some How to

Lost - One members email.

Reward - No questions asked upon return of aforementioned email.
by Booney
Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian of the Year Announced

I'd say he's the first Australian of the year to have bullied a 13 year old girl in his year of excellence.
by smac
Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League 2013/14 Transfers, Results & Discussion

Thiele wrote:Nice to see the Scum get beaten 5-0 two weeks in a row

Its even better when the master hands out a lesson
by Jim05
Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

Press release from Westies

Following investigations by the Club in mid-2013, a former employee of the Club admitted to the unauthorised removal of a significant amount of Club funds. Restitution has been offered, and accepted by the Club, for this amount.
The Board subsequently appointed an experienced Chartered Accountant to undertake an investigation to determine whether this was, in fact, the material extent of the apparent fraudulent activity.
An extensive review of the Club’s accounting records, bank accounts and transactions involving the former employee was completed in early January 2014.
The investigation resulted in discovery of a number of further questionable transactions and potential misappropriations of funds which were reported to, and considered by, the full Board of the Club.
Upon review of this report by the former employee, a further amount of misappropriation has been admitted. Restitution has been offered, and accepted by the Club, for this amount.
The maximum recovery of funds for the benefit of the Club has been considered to be of prime importance and this matter has been an issue of serious priority for the Board, together with taking steps to tighten administrative procedures and controls to prevent the reoccurrence of such a situation in the future.
The matter has absorbed a huge amount of the Club’s resources and we look forward to a more positive and productive application of those resources with the finalisation of this matter.

Hopefully all over now. Time to move forward

"We've worked out you stole more"

"Yep, you want it back?"

"Yep."

*Surely in an official statement where guilt is admitted, the need for "allegedly" is no longer required.

Surely the line he paid it back that's good enough isn't good enough.

AGM is going to be interesting.
by wycbloods
Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Adelaide Crows CEO Steven Trigg said the opening AFL game at the redeveloped Adelaide Oval was the “perfect opportunity” to celebrate South Australian football.

“This is about our deep respect and admiration for South Australian football and all those who have been involved,” Trigg said.

“Football has been played at Adelaide Oval for more than 140 years, it was where the game evolved and grew into the State’s biggest sport.

“As we start an exciting new era at Adelaide Oval, we also wanted to do something that makes a statement underlining our appreciation for the past.

“The Adelaide Football Club was created by the SANFL as the team for all South Australians in 1990 and we are extremely proud of that heritage.

“Wearing the guernsey will be a central part of our plans for the game, which is to remember and highlight the history of the SANFL and its clubs.”

SANFL executive commissioner Leigh Whicker said the commemorative guernsey was “fitting” for football’s return to Adelaide Oval.

“The SANFL is delighted that the Adelaide Football Club will honour its heritage in round two of the AFL Premiership Season,” he said. “The guernsey reflects the many hard working and passionate people, as well as all the SANFL clubs, that have built the Crows into such a significant part of the South Australian football landscape.

“At a time of celebration, when football returns to the Adelaide Oval, it is fitting that this nationally recognised guernsey is on display.”

What ******* wankers. What a bunch of ******* wankers.
by Booney
Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Crows have a new guernsey to wear against Port

by Brodlach
Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

As a West Adelaide fan I'm just wondering how long it will take 7 to televise one of our games. I know Westies aren't travelling to well (though we have won our last 2), and that we're far from being the best supported club in the SANFL (we're definitely in the bottom 2 or 3 for crowd numbers and overall number of supporters).....but 7 weeks into the season and we're yet to be on TV with no sign of that changing for a while.

I can see why 7 would focus on the top sides or those with a larger following, after all, they are in it to get ratings and I can't blame them for that. But didn't they say when they got the broadcast rights that every team would get somewhat of an equal coverage? So far that hasn't really been happening.
by HoldenV8
Mon May 12, 2014 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 State Game - SANFL v VFL @ Port Melbourne (Sat 31/5

Leigh Ryswyk - I've been a big fan of his and he has chopped the eagles up on more than one occasion. But has he been playing well enough this year to deserve a place in the team? He seems to have been well down on previous years.

I would also have thought Webb is lucky to be in the side given he has was out of West's side earlier in the year. Surely Baulderstone is more deserving of the second ruck spot?

The other player I think is lucky to be there is Bode.

Webb had a pre season of 3 weeks and played the first 2 weeks in the reserves. He wasn't in the reserves on form just fitness. :shock: :shock: :shock:
by Second Team
Mon May 26, 2014 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - North v West - Post Game

West were crap thats about it
by Trent Plucktrum
Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Centrals v West

LPH wrote:
Booney wrote:Hill, Fielke and Hartlett out.

Eagles v Centrals GF then.

The SANFL will be hoping - no chance of 20K+ if West win :(

Who cares what the SANFL are hoping!

If Westies win I'll be happy and will be part of the less than 20K at the GF!
by tkr
Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reserves Finals - Week 1

Excellent news: the official Grand Final day match program will be a garbage-free affair. North Adelaide will meet the Eagles in the reserves Grand Final.
by Pseudo
Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Heart says West break the 32 year drought.

Head says Eagles by 1-39.

I still think they will get 25,000 there next weekend. All the under 20K doom and gloomers will be eating the same humble pie as last year when they said they won't get 25 and 38,000 plus watched a cracking GF. It's going to be a ripper of a contest, personally I can't wait. 8)
by wristwatcher
Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Full credit to West today. They were a determined, committed team and played the better footy. It's been an amazing turnaround this season from Central. After a poor start to the season we hung in there to beat South at Noarlunga to make the finals and then taking out Norwood and Port in consecutive weeks was a great effort. All doggies supporters should be proud and looking forward to next season.

Good luck to Westies next week. It will be tough against the Eagles who have looked good all year. 32 years is a long wait so hopefully you guys can do it!
by Captain_Bulldog
Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nothing pathetic about it Dols.
Supporters of the teams in the GF don't care how many turn up.
At least Port Magpies / Power aren't in it.
by Wolf Pack
Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great win by the boys today. Go bloods.
by Second Team
Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hoping for an end to 32 year drought. Bloods should win by under 3 goals. Not being shown here in melbourne so I'll be off with the 3 billy lids to Bordertown to watch the game.
by Strawb
Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just hope we learn from a couple of weeks ago! Slow and steady = lose first half, fast & attacking = win second half. Tough task to play expansive and attacking footy against best defensive team in comp, but reward is there if we do.
by SANFLnut
Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would have loved to be able to attend this grand final. But Sunday? First week of the school holidays too. No way.
I reckon the fact that it's on a Sunday will keep a few away.
I think the fact the AFL circus is still on will stop thousands more getting that extra footy fix the weekend after the AFL grandfinal.
Whatever they get today, you could add about an extra 10,000 for a proper Saturday grandfinal the weekend after the AFL has finished.
by therisingblues
Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to the Bloods! 2015Premiers! :)
by Wedgie
Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eagles were cooked the moment Petrenko missed a sitter in the 3rd (well probably earlier but that was their last chance) .. Be a great night at Richmond tonight and well deserved
by JK
Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done Westies! And spare a thought for the guy who has supported them through thick and thin, home and away, flying his flag and chanting "red black, black and red". Enjoy the celebrations!
by Hazydog
Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats Bloods.
Great for Mickan having missed '83 as a player.
Porplycia was outstanding, must win Jack Oatey, surely.
by LPH
Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

THEY'RE A HAPPY TEAM AT WESTIES
by Rik E Boy
Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

By numbers

Schmidt
44 disposals, 80% efficiency, 26 2nd half disp, 13 cont poss, 10 marks, 5 tackles, 6 clearances, 1 score assist

Porplyzia
36 disposals, 86% efficiency, 21 2nd half disp, 12 cont poss, 2 cont marks, 9 marks,
by scott
Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443338241.467204.jpg
by RustyCage
Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done bloods well deserved they won everything but the free kick count. What a surprise Eagles winning that . Fair dinkum how the he'll does that happen
by philcas
Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No run from the Eagles in the final term. Wundke their only forward to show anything at all.

Decent game to watch.

Congrats to Rubbers and the Bloods.
by saintal
Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Godden...Godden.....Westies two best get 80 touches between them. What did he do to stop them?

Congratulations Bloods. Thiele, R&B, MW etc....enjoy your night and summer ahead. Patience has paid off!
by Booney
Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good job Westies. I'm thrilled for the club and fans.
by westozfalcon
Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Paul Keating said it best: "This is a victory for the true believers."

Congratulations to the Westies faithful who've stuck with them over the years.
by Magellan
Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

About time an attacking team won a Grand Final
Godden , should not give up on the defensive style
It won flags for Bassett and Warren
Took Bassett a loss to CD in a GF before the legs got the 3pete

The irony of todays game is I reckon WA made more mistakes and turnovers than the other finals they played in and won
The overwhelming possessions they had was enough to win

Best team on the day beat the best team of the season
by mal
Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fair to say after standing in the outer, watching ordinary footy, wooden spoons and near misses for 32 years I am so emotional at the moment I can bearly string a sentence together. Yelled my head off and have no voice but winning today makes it all worth while. Got to share a grand final victory with my two sons which is indescribable.

I'm so proud of these lads and where they came from last season. Was not a fan of the Mickan appointment but he certainly has made me eat my words. Well done to Mark.

Cannot believe I can say "we are the premiers"
by Brodlach
Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great! Now another team that has won a premiership since Glenelg! :(

No seriously, congratulations to West Adelaide. I did not believe the Eagles could be beaten this year, but it was clear from the start that West were on and the Eagles very much on the back foot. Very happy for Mark Mickan to get a flag after having Glenelg around the mark without the ultimate prize for a few years. Great for the West supporters; the 32 year drought is over.
by matt35
Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So the premiership drought list is now as follows with the last Grand Final appearance in brackets

West-0 years
Norwood-1(1)
Eagles-4(0)
Centrals-5(4)
Sturt-13(6)
Port Magpies-16 (16) (will never be broken)
North-24 (3)
Glenelg-29(7)
South-51(36)

Power-2(1)
Crows-2

Only Port and South havnt been to the big dance in the last 7 years, from an evenness perspective most teams are getting a crack
by daysofourlives
Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I must say im still in shock!

We lead from siren to siren and played hard, contested football lead by Tuck, Schmidt and Porplyzia.

To go from 9th to 1st in one season (South's 8th to 1st in '64) is a stunning effort and the club's culture has changed in recent years, something started by Collins (who won the VFL flag today - coincidence?)

A win to be enjoyed by all players, support staff, members and supporters. Well done Bloods.
by blood bath
Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done Westies !!! Played terrific footy today.

Enjoy the celebrations !!
by southee
Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i only have one thing to say
GO YOU BLOODS
by Blacky
Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Godden...Godden.....Westies two best get 80 touches between them. What did he do to stop them?

Congratulations Bloods. Thiele, R&B, MW etc....enjoy your night and summer ahead. Patience has paid off!
Thanks

Thanks mate. Thought the same Booney I could not believe the freedom Schmidt got on the half back and wings and Porps across half back. They clamped down a little on Schmidt in the second half then Porps took over.
by MW
Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done Bloods!!!

Mark Mickan respect.

Built the eagles.

Made the bays.

Finally the ultimate at the bloods.
by UK Fan
Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |