Search found more than 2086 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Oval - NEW Home of SA Footy

It is not FIFA compliant, FIFA states that the stadium must be all seated, as does hosting games of the Rugby World Cup. Hence why the hill and scoreboard will only remain for a few years, as soon as Australia hosts one of these major events it will be fully enclosed.

Its a disgrace, despite the look of a dunny seat which interstate people are already calling it, our great city is going from 2 Stadiums to 1, how is that progress???
by Dutchy
Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Field umpires becoming redundant

No needs for central umpires to ajudge front foot no balls anymore, may help them deciding where the ball has pitched.

Staggers me that the 3rd umpire does not simply check every delivery and alerts the central umpires if there is a doubtful one and he needs time to review, would save the farce at Adelaide Oval where every dismissal was checked, cant blame the central umpires they are obviously told to check and be cautious...
by Dutchy
Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Silver Mint is in a 2yo trial on Monday then onto her first race hoefully!

Savvy back in work and won a jump out last week, should be in 1st up next Sat
by Dutchy
Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Very very sad.

Trigg will want them to wear the Baggy Green at their next Charity cricket game...
by Dutchy
Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows In State Jumper - Which is worse?

I used to have a soft spot for the Crows, hard not to with all the Glenelg influence in the early days, in recent times its fair to say they have been my second team in the AFL, but in the last 12 months I could not think of a team I hate more over the Tippett issue, SANFL entry and now this crap.

I dispise Port but will be hoping they win the showdown.

I think there will be a lot of people like me that didn't mind the Crows, some may have even become members in the future, but will never be engaged with the club again.

The increase in kids following interstate teams is staggering when you see junior teams train these days, can only see this increasing
by Dutchy
Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2014/03/25/1226864/166857-78e60046-afb6-11e3-a1a5-3e2788585eed.jpg

THE    Southern Football League is set for its most tightly contested season in more than a decade, following years of lopsided results and calls for the competition to be split.

Player exoduses from some traditional powerhouses, coupled with off-season recruiting drives by a few of the leagues perennial strugglers has SFL president Craig Warman confident 2014 will be more even than previous years.

“Last year saw teams which hadn’t contested the top sides in a long time be competitive and I think this year will be no different,” Mr Warman told the Southern Times Messenger.

“The gap between the top and bottom teams that was there a few years ago has diminished and that’s going to show the quality of our teams in the league.”

TELL US BELOW: Who would you like to see in the finals?

The SFL has been plagued by thrashings since it moved to a single division in 2002.

Brighton had pushed for a two-division competition to be introduced in 2012 – a move Mr Warman said was off the table at least for the time being.

Noarlunga Football Club coach Trevor Mitton said every team had a chance at contesting the flag.

“Every team is going to be chasing that top spot and this year is looking like it’s going to be tough competition,” Mitton said.

For several years the competition has been dominated by Reynella, Morphett Vale and Brighton. But in 2012, Happy Valley broke its nine-year premiership drought.

Last season Morphettville Park also emerged as a genuine premiership contender by making the grand final.

Brighton secretary David Brown said the lure of money in country leagues had led to a loss of “top end players” at previously strong SFL clubs. He said this would help ensure there was a “good, even A-grade competition” this season.

Hackham Football Club finished twelfth of 15 last year and began to shrug its traditional battler tag.

It has recruited former Fremantle Docker Justin Bollenhagen who is returning the southern suburbs to play alongside his younger brother Jarrad.

“Playing at Hackham is a new challenge … not only do I want to stay off the injury list, I want to work with Hackham to prove we’re no longer the easy beats we were in other seasons,” Justin said.

“The group of guys the club has got this season will be able to help build the club up after years of struggling.

“We want to challenge for a top eight spot … I’m glad I’m going to be able to do that with my brother.”

Hackham coach Marty Clifton said recruiting Justin was great for the club.

“We’ve got a really great side for season 2014,” Clifton said.

“This season we won’t be the easy beats.”

However, 2013 wooden spooners O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale look set to struggle again. Coach Troy Williams said taking on the top sides would again be tough.

“(But) we all try hard to develop our young sides so we can bolster our A-grade and be competitive.”

TELL US BELOW: Who would you like to see in the finals?
by Dutchy
Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2014

Sportingbet Special - Richmond/Hawks Win
1 Unit @ $4.00

Last 13 games between these teams have gone over 180.

Richmond/Carlton Over 180.5
1 Unit @ $1.90
by Dutchy
Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Double phew!
by Dutchy
Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Betting Sites, Good or Bad

try m.sportsbet.com.au in your mobile browser, much easier than the app
by Dutchy
Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

On a perfect weekend for footy crowds are down, interest is down and the AFL teams dont give a shit cause they got what they wanted
by Dutchy
Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

topsywaldron wrote:
maxyoz wrote:Let's just say that I'll certainly be there in my Crows gear.

Is there an ironic subtext to this I'm missing?

$$$$
by Dutchy
Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 LIVE Scores

scott wrote:
Crowd 1,945 courtesy of RPH

Any Friday night game at this time of the year should get minimum 3k....a real worry
by Dutchy
Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Clean sweep by Flaggies today
by Dutchy
Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

Brodlach wrote:
Dutchy wrote:The competition is a farce, as many predicted.

Was it a farce last week when the magpies lost?

Absolutely.
by Dutchy
Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

Quite obvious that the AFL reserves teams performances are going to be dictated solely by the length of their injury lists, no surprise that the first time the Crows list is looking fairly short they put on a performance like this.
by Dutchy
Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

maxyoz wrote:West Adelaide and South Adelaide have been doing it for years, just never got reported in the official salary cap.

Cupido was professional?
by Dutchy
Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Glenelg v Adelaide Reserves @ Gilderol (Fri N 25

The Tigers are sitting at the foot of the table, without a win, after a Good Friday loss to the Panthers, while Adelaide are coming off their first victory in the State League competition with their Reserves side defeating the Bulldogs.

State League, Phil?

That is what I have heard them referred to, previously...

This is what the Crows want you to say, you will never hear them say "reserves", another Triggy masterpiece :roll:
by Dutchy
Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Port Magpies v West @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/4)

Please discuss the game in this thread, any other conversation about the structure of the comp can be made in the whinge thread, thanks
by Dutchy
Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AFL in the SANFL discussion/debate

After some debate with Admin/Mods and feedback from Members it has been decided to leave the Match preview/review threads for discussion about the match only, any debate about the AFL reserves teams can continue happily in the threads already running.

Any posts from now on that do not relate directly to the match will be considered off topic and deleted.

Hopefully this will stop every thread having this debate, while a worthy topic there needs to be some balance.

Thanks
by Dutchy
Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I believe Darcey Bailey played for the Crows Reserves in Round 2 of the SANFL, then last Friday he lined up for Glenelg's League team.

As if the comp wasn't compromised enough, we now have players playing for different clubs in the same comp from week to week! FFS
by Dutchy
Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserves. The Pros and Cons:

woodublieve12 wrote:pros - 10k crowd on friday night...

Cons - half of them didnt pay to get in, if Walker played for Norwood there would have been the same crowd but they would have paid to get in.
by Dutchy
Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserves. The Pros and Cons:

Pros - Ive been to 2 SFL and 1 YPFL games this season, saving myself $ on Membership and overpriced beer/food and paying reasonable prices for same at grass roots footy where they appreciate my $, and enjoying footy as much as I ever have. Im sure there are many in my situation that have just dropped back a level to get their footy fix.
by Dutchy
Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Port had a 8 day break going into yesterdays game, first 5 games of the season against opponents that finished below them in 2013.
by Dutchy
Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDF Creator

Found the option to save as a PDF last night at home, didnt know that existed :oops:

The emailing of docs to and from work to do this is no longer required!

Thanks again all.
by Dutchy
Thu May 01, 2014 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

overthehill wrote:According to the 2006 Census, Echunga has a population of 846 people v Uraidla's 461.
That's almost double! You should have belted them if success was based on population?

Add Ironbank and TV....

Its not population in the Hills, its how hard you are prepared to work
by Dutchy
Fri May 02, 2014 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

R5 - South V WWT Eagles Post Match

Full Time

South Adelaide 11.9 75
Eagles 13.7 85

http://www.sanfl.com.au/livestats/match5/
by Dutchy
Sun May 04, 2014 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 6 - Port Magpies v Sturt @ Alberton (Sun 11/5)

Please talk about the match and use the other threads for whinging....thanks
by Dutchy
Wed May 07, 2014 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went to my first SANFL game Sat night at Richmond Oval, ive never been to an SANFL trial game but confident I can now say I have, zero atmosphere, zero enthusiasm and a family/friends crowd.

Almost the first person I saw when I walked in had a crows jumper on with a Westies scarf...enough to make you throw up...

One thing I did notice is the Crows had a significantly longer and harder warm up prior to the game, almost as if they want their players to play 5 quarters for a greater fitness base if they go up to AFL.

Also walked past them warming up in the 2nd half, unbelievably sterile...not pumping up of each other at all. Its what we all feared simply a development tool that puts its need ahead of the competition that they said they would respect.

Then there are some skinny country footballers that have no place on a SANFL team, they just serve a purposes for the Crows to put a side on the field.

You must feel for some of them that would have enjoyed escaping the AFL bubble for a few hours each weekend by going back to a traditional club under the old model. Now there is no escape and I struggle to see how they would be enjoying their footy, which can;t be good for their club overall.

If the SANFL isn't dead, its dying and even if the AFL teams are removed in coming years, the damage has been done, it will never be the same.
by Dutchy
Mon May 12, 2014 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The thing is though, if port were also down the bottom there would be no whinging in this thread whatsoever. It would be "sucked in, this what you wanted." People worried about two (or three) sets of rules wouldn't say a word

Smells of a little sour grapes at this point in time. But also shows that it doesn't take much to turn a really bad side into a really good one. Bottom end depth vitally important.

Crap, people are just as pissed off about the Crows as they are about the Power, ladder positions are irrelevant in the argument IMO, both teams/clubs are wrecking the league competition just by being part of the fixture.

I said before the start of this that their competitiveness would all come down to the size of their AFL injury list, and thats the way it is playing out.
by Dutchy
Mon May 19, 2014 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think the point is that the model they agreed to and the returns they have recieved are far apart. GIven both Adelaide and Port after only a couple of home games each have come out with alarm bells saying its nowhere near the level they expected - whilst both clubs are miles ahead of projected figures.....questions deserve to be asked. The figures projected a $8.1m uplift in revenue for the AFL clubs and this was based on:

Port season ticket sales going from 13,600 to 23,000. We currently have over 29,000 season ticket holders so 26% above projections.
Adelaide season ticket sales going from 24,700 to 27,000. They currently have (apparently) 37,000 season ticket holders so 37% above projections.
Port attendances averages 31,000. Currently averaging 43,000 so 38% above projections.
Adelaide attendances averages 42,000. Currently averaging 46,600 so 11% above projections.

How can revenue be lower than expected when all figures are currently well above projections, without the SMA changing the goal posts?

As Whicker used to say "grow the pie, grow the pie". Well both Adelaide and Port have grown the pie significantly....no point growing the pie if Whicker and Olsens shit stained fingers are gonna keep taking a bigger slice.

And here we go again, Port Adelaide pushing the blame elsewhere, just like previous issues like -

"SANFL forced us to keep the Magpies and move them to Ethelton"
"SANFL screwed us on the Footy Park stadium deal"

You agreed to it FFS!!!! You signed on the bottom line!!!!

Projections are exactly that, projections, no guarantees. If you wanted guarantees on what you would get from the new stadium then negotiate a fixed return.

Its like signing a contract to a variable rate loan and whinging when the rates go up.

Port Adelaide = world champion whingers...always some one else fault
by Dutchy
Wed May 21, 2014 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is you interest so far in the SANFL competition in

So 62% have lost interest in the League, only 11% have more interest because of the AFL teams, not exactly what was sold to us at the club meetings to explain the yes decision or what is being sold to us in the media.

With clubs already struggling how can they sustain in this new environment where people are losing/lost interest?
But putting my statistician's hat on and playing the devil's advocate, how biased a sample are we?
Crowds don't seem to be down by as much as our little poll would suggest...

Biased? I think our members are a good cross section of SANFL support, Im not sure where else you might get a more accurate sample of people who are "core" SANFL supporters than here.

He doesn't meant biased in a derogatory sense. But the fact that you say there are mostly "core" supporters on here proves your point.

Support is not just about the core supporters but how it appeals to the whole cross section of people.

And given crowds aren't down (yet at least) maybe there is at least some other part of the spectrum of supporters that like the change.

Novelty and curiosity have certainly piqued the interest of some. Of course you have to be careful not to alienate the long term supporters which is what this change may have done.

But I still think most of these supporters will return in the long term.

I would describe myself as a former diehard but now somewhat casual and also conflicted centrals fan and my interest is probably higher than the last couple of years but still not as high as the rest of this century.

Core supporters are the ones that have followed their clubs and the league thru think and thin over many years, putting $ through the club via membership, merchandise, food, drink etc...Essentially the lifeblood of a footy club...

Those that may have a higher interest in the league now because of the AFL teams may watch on TV or go to the odd game (which AFC members get in for free) aren't the lifeblood of footy clubs.

Core support has dropped no doubt, and this poll proves it. Many clubs didn't even allow their core members to have any input into the decision, mine was just happy with the $50k from the Crows.

Once you have lost these supporters they will never return, a long term habit of going to the footy has been broken by a non genuine competition and failed administration.
by Dutchy
Wed May 21, 2014 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote: But the sky is not falling in...

Ask the clubs, even yours, what they believe their long term future is....

Like the GFC, it will take time to really hurt but the signs emerging are not trending upwards.
by Dutchy
Wed May 21, 2014 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Aldinga are always going to struggle when a powerhouse club like Willunga is only a pushbike ride away.

Very similar to Morphettvale and Hackham.

Poor analogy as there are plenty of kids down there for WIllunga and Aldinga to be successful.

Shoes/Porties then Valleys/Flaggy/Reynella are all close together but hasn;t affected any of them, amazing what hard work can do, easy cop out to blame a neighbouring club
by Dutchy
Thu May 22, 2014 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks to the Sharks for returning a favour to the Falcons by inviting our Under 8's down to the Auskick clinic with Crawf tonight, my lad had a ball.
by Dutchy
Fri May 23, 2014 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 1

Hard to not see it being a Brisbane/Collingwood GF, maybe GWS the only one that can upset it as they seem to be growing more than the other contenders and could have some more upside.
by Dutchy
Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

6-0 in the AFL on the weekend

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
by Dutchy
Mon May 26, 2014 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep, my point was trying to bring exposure to the club and get done kids involved etc. the article I read said crawf was very generous with his time outside of the actual game, if that's true I think this could be more than the gimmick some are portraying it to be

No doubt he has had a great influence on the local community down there and it wasn't just a fly in fly out operation, however he has now gone and what the committee do to leverage off this boost the club has received (not just financially) will be the key to turning around the club.
by Dutchy
Mon May 26, 2014 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FLAGSTAFF HILL FOOTBALL CLUB

A few of the Subbie Dad's are having a Boys day at the footy on Sat, looking forward to it
by Dutchy
Tue May 27, 2014 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

G wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Tatts have a good offer $5 for both Crows and Port to win by over 20 pts

I was only going on this post which says over 20 NOT 20 and over mmm

Dont believe me?try this ->

by Dutchy
Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

The HFL have defeated the RMFL by 5 points in the senior Inter-League clash at Murray Bridge. Sammy Miles was the star of the day, booting 4 goals from a wing in a best on ground performance
by Dutchy
Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No bets today, both games priced right IMO, good luck to anyone playing, Ill bank another +5 unit weekend.
by Dutchy
Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Week 13
AFL 4-2 +3.39 units
SANFL 2-1 +1.15 units

YTD AFL 46-39 +5.90 units
SANFL 10-9 +2.67 units
TOTAL +8.57 units

+15 units in last 3 weeks, 16 of the last 21 AFL bets winning
by Dutchy
Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - West v Port @ City Mazda Stadium (Sun 22/6)

Full Time

West Adelaide 15.8 98
Port Adelaide Magpies 12.9 81
by Dutchy
Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sturt taking the piss?

Magpies logo
by Dutchy
Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Why put this on Sunday to clash with the showdown?
by Dutchy
Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Haha shows how much interest I have in the comp right now :)
by Dutchy
Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

Geez its footy, if you can't handle a bit of verbal on or off the field then get another job (that pays $300k pa)
by Dutchy
Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I mean seriously, how dare the media cater for the majority of South Australian Football fans who happen to support Adelaide or Port Adelaide, what a crazy idea that is!

Any chance the "majority of SA Football fans" could turn up to support their team? That's what they all wanted remember?

While I expected things to pan out the way they have, if these glorified trial games were at least giving the SANFL good 4k average crowds (as promised) with good atmosphere, providing non SANFL people a good day out and reasons to return as well as making $ to the established clubs, then I could be turned to support, in a small way, the new era of SANFL.

However this has not happened, the product is worse, the crowds are worse, the clubs cannot be financially better off (reporting time at the end of the year will be very interesting) and the league has lost a lot of core fans who have now found something else to do on the weekends.

The clubs/administrators thought they spent some time on this in 2013, I imagine this years off season will be worse, trying to unravel the mistakes, if it is retrievable.
by Dutchy
Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clint Alleway

Confirmed Alleway off to Ironbank with Jars. What a joke the Glenelg FC have become, told we have brought him in to replace Kirkby, who we allowed to play the first few games and then piss off, now Alleway goes who is possibly leading our B&F at the moment!
by Dutchy
Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |