Search found more than 2095 matches

Return

Re: Your poison of choice?

So to summarise WED drinkers are offended that non WED drinkers don't like the stuff, but then do exactly the same with Craft Beer? :lol:

Imagine if we were all the same and how boring that would be.
by Dutchy
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Spent yesterday at a conference and then an awards night for work, a few work people flew in from Sydney for it and I spent the day with them, included a new guy who had just started with us, I knew the face but just couldn't connect to how I knew it, half way through dinner it hit me when he said he previously played a bit of Rugby, it was Phil Waugh :oops:
by Dutchy
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 14

Stewart 3 votes
by Dutchy
Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 14

Best team lost IMO

How the hell did the Cats get so many free players in that last surge forward?
by Dutchy
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2021

I know its a mile off but saw your u13's tonight and they are a very slick unit
by Dutchy
Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2021

gazzamagoo wrote:
Dutchy wrote:I know its a mile off but saw your u13's tonight and they are a very slick unit

any tall kids? :D :D

There is actually, some 13yo's that look 15+, must be the chicken :)
by Dutchy
Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL media

One of the problems Tasmania has is the dislike/rivalry the North has with the South.
Overcoming/mitigating this will be a big issue.
They even refuse to sell each other's beer. Boags in the north, Cascade in the South (or vice versa)

There is even a bar in the middle of Tassie that has Boags at the Northern end of the bar and Cascade at the Southern end :lol:
by Dutchy
Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL media

Watching Footy Classified and Eddie's coverage of footy has seemed to go up a notch, he seems to be giving a lot more info and no doubt has more time to put into this part of the life now, its actually really good, shows how hard it must be to be involved in a club and the media.
by Dutchy
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 15

Defintely a let down game for the Cats tonight, their best is still top 4 stuff
by Dutchy
Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

And in the last quarter with 5 mins to go he gets abused by an adult runner :roll: he handled the situation well but still ended the game very upset, now that really does give me the shits
by Dutchy
Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

What a joke, its time to forgetting about daily case numbers and start reporting hospitalisations and deaths, just like the flu. This aint going anywhere, the quicker we learn to live with it the better we will all be
by Dutchy
Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So with 29 unknown potential carriers in the state, who would rather have some temporary restrictions like wearing masks and density restriction but you can still mingle socially and trade.

Or, would you rather do nothing and when their is community transmission you go into full lockdown like Sydney or worse longer like Melbourne last year?

Asking on behalf of the business community if this state.

Someone said on here we need to learn to live with it, well this is living with it temporary restrictions to minimise the chances of community transmission when their are known potential carriers in the community and prevent long periods of full lockdowns.

I think majority are completely over the temporary status of everything, a lockdown just gets us free until the next lockdown, what is the plan? No-one can tell us. We were told the vaccine was, but there is zero urgency and told that this guarantee's us nothing.
by Dutchy
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Whilst I agree with the above, what I don’t see is any incentive or benefit so far to those who actually have been vaccinated.

The restrictions, lockdowns, protocols are still being applied regardless of if you’ve had the jab.

Surely if you wanted increased take up, you’d give those vaccinated exemption from border restrictions or lockdowns etc?

Exactly my thoughts, if they came out and said we will be heading towards "normality" by the end of the year if we get a certain % vaccinated I would be lining up tomorrow.

While there is no direction or leadership on what the road map is then I see no need to rush out get it done.
by Dutchy
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

The soft signal is Booney is out of there, waiting for confirmation from the 3rd umpire....
by Dutchy
Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Corona Man wrote:
Dutchy wrote:The soft signal is Booney is out of there, waiting for confirmation from the 3rd umpire....

Replay on the big screen in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

In true Boon style we are still waiting upon the review ;)
by Dutchy
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

My lad is playing 18's at Kangarilla this year and have been really enjoying the HFL experience so far.

They went from 6 players in January to now having nearly 30, have a number of 15 & 16yo's and are the only Div 2 team in the comp, got convincingly beaten in their 1st 2 games, but have now won 4 of their last 5 and sit 5th.

The canteens and BBQ's are next level also! :D

Update - After being smashed in Round 2 by 80 points to Lofty the Kangy boys reversed the result on the weekend and won by 25.

As for a canteen update - Nairne have the best chips and gravy I've sampled so far 8.5/10
by Dutchy
Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 South v Eagles Saturday 1335

I'm told Nick Kraemer is debuting for South
by Dutchy
Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

What chariot are you thinking? I f*cking love car shopping.

Me too! Dunno why people get stressed about it. I would do it for them if I were allowed.
I hate it. Last time selling & buying a car I got my nephew to do the negotiations.

Same, there needs to be car buying agents :lol:

I lost my work car so need a new one shortly, pain in the friggen arse
by Dutchy
Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

And in the last quarter with 5 mins to go he gets abused by an adult runner :roll: he handled the situation well but still ended the game very upset, now that really does give me the shits

I note the SFL have had numerous reports for abuse to umpires and found guilty with reprimand's handed out. :roll:

reprimand :lol: :roll:

He umpired down at the Shoe on Sunday and was very pleasant game, made him feel a lot better about himself.
by Dutchy
Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 Central v Port Saturday 2.10

Got to give it to Centrals, they have a dip. Aleer looks a real prospect, sadly it might be an AFL one
by Dutchy
Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL ROUND 16 ARE WE OR ARENT WE

What a cop out, sure there are going to be some members struggling, but Richmond have given their supporters the most magnificent ride and when they are under a little bit of pressure they go missing?
by Dutchy
Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Imagine being the integrity officer or similar that is the 1st point of contact at NRL HQ, you would shudder every time the phone rings
by Dutchy
Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Her runners are now starting shorter than they should with the mug money coming for them, ala Pike.
by Dutchy
Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Willunga Sunday, hope you leave it in good nick for us MT!
by Dutchy
Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:

hang on, don't you work for NAB? :lol:

Advantage of having the wife work at another bank, we can go where the best employee deal is ;)
by Dutchy
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 17*

Not sure why people think Melbourne are pretenders, opposite of Port, have beaten every opponent in the 8 and haven't conceded more than 11 goals in those games
by Dutchy
Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well its winter and don't want to take any sort of COVID risks....
by Dutchy
Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Ordered a new CX-3 yesterday, fleet company now doing to ring around to see if any dealer has stock, see how long it takes
by Dutchy
Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does anyone know the avenue I can take to retrieve some money from Telstra?

They've been charging me for my new addresses internet and the old one, I've been instore, rang them and used their chat line and they were going to credit my bill but they took out even more again.

Do they direct debit your bank account? If so get your bank to place a stop on the drawings.

Is it true you have to be a bit careful with that as it can cause issues for other debits you may have or start up in the future.

The banks can stop all debts from one supplier (i.e. Telstra) but it will reject all debit from them which can be an issue if you have multiple debits from them.
by Dutchy
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:Does anyone have a novated lease car?

Are the benefits substantial?

I do it, not really for the tax benefits but that all costs for the vehicle are covered and it makes car ownership very simple and every 5 years I get a new car.
by Dutchy
Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Round 20 AFL schedule just been announced, thought we would have to wait at least another week before we knew when Cats/Roos game was in Hobart, and even better it is now scheduled on the Saturday, we had all of our plans that it would be a Sunday game which would have meant a commute to Launceston that night, now we can take our time getting up there on Sunday and get prepared for Barnbougle 1st thing Monday morning
by Dutchy
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf in general

by Dutchy
Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My stable -

Collin Morikawa 46
Tommy Fleetwood 55
Lee Westwood 65
Marc Leishman 75
Tony Finau 80
Min Woo Lee 90
Justin Rose 95
Robert MacIntyre 110
Phil Mickelson 120
Christiaan Bezuidenhout 170
by Dutchy
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 West v Port Sunday 1310

17yo Harry Lemmey to debut for West, congrats Harry, great kid.
by Dutchy
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - F#ck knows

Brisbane aren't even playing well, should be able to blow this out from here if they can find 3rd gear
by Dutchy
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A real nice win, did lay off a bit so I had a result on Louis as well, I was heavily against Spieth so that was a concern for a bit, have had a great run on golf this year, needed it after the footy on the weekend :oops:
by Dutchy
Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Listened to the ABC on the radio on the way home. One caller made the point that by calling these restrictions "not a lockdown", the SA govt has effectively denied non-essential workers access to federal govt assistance packages. So for the better part of a week, at least, some folks have nothing to live on. Not that any place worth spending money on will be open...

Only a small thing, but my wife's nail chick rang her in tears tonight as she cannot work for the rest of the week and asked if she could go over tonight to get her nails done instead of the appointment on Friday, this whole thing is depressing enough without having to think about your business and livelihood.
by Dutchy
Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15 West v Port Sunday 1310

I am now WestiesFan! Absolutely stoked that Harry gets to make his debut at 17. He can’t even get drafted this year!! Hope West get the win and Harry has a decent game first up. Go the Bloods!!!

Great debut by Harry Lemmey yesterday, lead well, took some strong marks and kicked 1.1.

I would say he has a bright future, will be at Westies for next year and most likely selected in next years AFL draft.

Wouldn't be many kids who have played A Grade District Cricket and now played league footy before turning 18.

This Saturday he will play against Horne at Noarlunga, last time they clashed there in 2018 Horne got the BOG medal, Harry got the Premiership Medal!

https://twitter.com/zacmilbank/status/1416949622958743557
by Dutchy
Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

any idea how you get a scrip from a GP under current conditions? Anyway of getting it remotely?

Pretty sure you can do a phone consult with your doctor and he can send the script electronically to the chemist. Maybe ring your local pharmacy for confirmation.

Just sent an email to my GP practice, within 5 mins the Doc called me and said Im sending a text with an e-script, brilliant! They must be quiet
by Dutchy
Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gozu wrote:
Nothing is 'highly transmissible' in Adelaide but Sydney is getting kicked in the pants at the moment.

Maxed out at 100 cases per day from a 6m population, if it is high transmissible they would be in the thousands now.
by Dutchy
Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Why not play the GF on the Sunday after the AFL GF?
by Dutchy
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not a fan of Bolt, but this is a great article -

We’ve got to finally ask, now that 14 million of us are locked down: how many Australians can we let die so the rest of us can live free?

Would 10 deaths a day be too many? Five? Or one?

Or is that why millions of us can’t leave home? Why children in Victoria have already missed half a year of in-class schooling? Why thousands of businesses are ruined, and crying people ring psychologists and helplines saying they can’t cope?

All that, to stop even one Australian a day from dying of this virus?

If true, we’ll never again ask our army to fight for our freedom. We’d rather live in tyranny than have even one soldier die.

But look overseas. Britain on Tuesday recorded 96 people dying of the virus. No lockdown.

Germany had 13. No lockdown. Italy 10. No lockdown. The US had 36.

Many Australians are now so virus phobic that they’ll say, see, those figures prove we’re right to crack down so hard. Here, five people have already died in this latest outbreak, all in NSW. Too many! Without lockdowns, it would be even more.

That’s probably true. Sure, there may be better ways to fight this virus, but it’s a lie to say targeted lockdowns can’t limit infections.

Nor is it true that this virus is “just like the flu”. My daughter has it, and says it’s worse than any flu she’s known.

But the five deaths in this outbreak are like the 910 before. They’re overwhelmingly of the very old and vulnerable – two women in their 90s, a man in his late 80s, a man in his 70s and a 56-year-old woman who for some unexplained reason was not taken to hospital and was found dead at home.

None deserved to die, but all – I suspect – could have been better protected, not least by themselves. We’ve been told little about these dead, but at least one of the women in her 90s had not got herself vaccinated. Nor had 24 of the 27 people in intensive care in NSW.

How much longer should we be locked up to predominantly save people who will not save themselves?

I know, every death is sad. Yet we seem weirdly sorrier if someone dies of this virus.

We used to accept the 1000 to 2000 deaths each year from the flu as a fair price for the freedom to carry on.

We still consider the more than 1100 people who die on our roads each year an acceptable price for our freedom to drive. We think 6000 deaths from alcohol each year is a bargain for the freedom to drink.

Yet just one virus death of a 90-year-old is a national tragedy, to be announced at a press conference as justification for making Australians stay at home.

Blame much of this fear on the exaggerations of “experts”.

Victoria’s chief health officer, Brett Sutton, absurdly boasted that his restrictions last year saved the lives of 36,000 Victorians. Paul Kelly, Australia’s chief medical officer, last year predicted between 50,000 and 150,000 deaths.

Professor Raina MacIntyre, from the University of NSW, trumped them all, predicting “up to 400,000 people dying” from a virus that’s in fact killed fewer than 1000 of us.

When experts exaggerate danger so wildly, no wonder Australians accept even wilder precautions.

Yes, lockdowns can be needed when contact tracers or hospitals are overwhelmed, but most lockdowns this year were patently useless, with cities shut for just one or two infections.

Even today’s lockdowns cannot all be necessary. The South Australian and Victorian governments have locked down their whole states, even rural towns which have never had an infection, while NSW more wisely locked down only country areas – three – where there’s some real risk.

But Australians seem so blinded by terror that they can’t work out what risks are acceptable to avoid a lockdown.

That’s partly because those who suffer most from lockdowns are people we don’t see or hear.

I’m told horror stories every day by professionals whose job is to counsel the poor, disturbed, abused and lonely – often now cut off from meaningful contact with others by lockdowns that in Melbourne total 179 days already.

I think also of the children from loveless homes, supposedly now getting at-home schooling with the help of drunk, drugged, violent or just absent parents. How many are now lost to us or forever behind?

There’s no real life without risk. So how many deaths would we accept, just to live again?
by Dutchy
Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Probably for another thread...but what's the cut offs to constitute a 'north' and 'south' suburbs?

South: seacombe rd?
North: Gotta be the boom gates on grand junction rd?

It gets further south as the populations sprawls, I reckon it used to be Daws/Oaklands Rd, now probably Seacombe Rd once you start heading up the hill, will probably end up being Sherrifs Rd!
by Dutchy
Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
stan wrote:This is the greatest thread on this site.

This is just a tribute!!

=D> under rated post
by Dutchy
Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tassie downgrading SA to low risk and opening the borders as at tomorrow, here we come! :D

I genuinely thought we were a 50/1 shot of getting on the plane Thursday.
by Dutchy
Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round Zwanzig

Thanks for the tip Spargo!

by Dutchy
Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |