Search found 620 matches

Return

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Cotchin saying players may choose to not enter hubs. What, like Adelaide have?

And I hear the AFLPA say that they want full pay! Hold the boat, so I gave up a contract role opportunity I was seeking in Melbourne, so am I entitled to full pay?

If the AFL then say 'Those teams that participate fully will be eligible for draft picks next season, ahead of those that don't'. then see who decides to play ball.

Precious twats.
by gadj1976
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 6 - I'm a Victorian, GET ME OUT OF HERE!

You lost me at bonus point. I've said before skills are the biggest issue for mine, with the inception of GC & GWS and the increase of list sizes over the years, we're seeing over 100 players on AFL lists that shouldn't be there. Trim the lists to 36, reduce the bench to 3 and push those 100 odd players back to the feeder comps. With smaller lists, you'll get better quality training sessions which hopefully would show on gameday.
I disagree, I think shorter lists or less sides will just see more elite athletics at the top.

Biggest issue isn’t the skill level, it’s the congestion and fitness level of players, ability to literally get to every contest. Overcoached, too many structures, setups.. sides focused towards avoiding being scored against as opposed to being encouraged to score.

Cripps isn't the best runner and was overlooked by many teams. Now they regret it. Bring the focus back to people who can play the game, NOT the runners and the game will be in a better shape.
by gadj1976
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Dutchy wrote:What club gadj?

Modbury.
by gadj1976
Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round nintelevewelve

Cracking game against the Weagles but loving the effort and the coaching for a change. Not sure we can hang on here even though the trend is against teams from coming behind to win this year.

regards,

REB

You've changed coaches?

F* me, every Geelong supporter I know can't stand Scott but all of a sudden he's the messiah when you win against the odds.

Nope, he no messiah

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Then give the guy some credit.
by gadj1976
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

Spargo wrote:They could easily win their next 4

We might win all 4. We should win 3. We more than likely will win 2. We also could lose 3. That's our lot in life (being a Carlton supporter).
by gadj1976
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2020

giggling looking at my phone and messages to my partner..

6:00pm - if you're leaving can you buy me a beer first and bring me some cash?
6:30pm - we can leave soon. (She left around 7)
7:40pm - I'm leaving now.
8:39pm - Leaving soon
8:59pm - Be home soon, just finishing my drink.. what's for dinner?
9:28pm - Haven't got my keys, be home shortly.

… phone went flat...

12:20 pm - knocking on the bedroom window to let me in. :oops: :lol:

Long day!

:-)
by gadj1976
Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

Simon Black just saying that night time at the GABBA in October will be worse for dew than now. It wont be a great look for the showpiece of our game.

I wonder if they could install big fans around the GABBA, given it wont be a capacity crowd some seats could be removed and fans installed. It would only take 2 or 3 of them. Fans like we have in the Barossa for protection from frost, i really think its doable. Before anyone says it would effect the flight of the ball, it wont, its only a light breeze, just enough to keep the air moving

But it will be on at night. The nufties in media central will be getting hard just thinking about it.

BTW, has Black seen a game of footy at the moment - it's very miss-able. I think the game itself will ruin the spectacle, not the weather.
by gadj1976
Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Brodlach wrote:Happy Birthday half century Wedgie. Raise the bat.

Happy birthday Weginald! Great effort. Didn't think you'd make 26, let alone smifty! :-)

All the best bud.
by gadj1976
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 18

Jim05 wrote:I might be the odd one out and I understand the reasons for night games but I just think games at night are generally a poorer spectacle

No you're not. I completely agree.

Red Sherrin's all the way!
by gadj1976
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Brodlach wrote:Ben Brown and North apparently have decided to part ways as per Tom Browne

Clubs go through drafts and drafts searching for big blokes that can take a mark and kick goals. North find one and treat him like this. I'm dumbfounded.
by gadj1976
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: All Australian Team

It's time us supporters and members started treating the AA selections with contempt like the selectors do.

I pay no attention to it because it means very little.
by gadj1976
Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRIMA GONE

All things being equal I think he would've got extended.

I think what we'll find is that with AFL ex-assistant coaches looking for work, it will come at the expense of inexperienced coaches like Grima. Which will I think, make the SANFL better for it.
by gadj1976
Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

gadj1976 wrote:Tips for Saturday

MR 2 8
MR 3 8
MR 7 6

PR 5 9

MR 1 1
MR 4 4
MR 8 2
by gadj1976
Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 AFL Grand Final That lot Vs the other ones.

all the focus is on the 'night grand final' and half time entertainment and not the footy itself.

I couldn't give a rats about half time entertainment - that's when we go for a few dobs of the footy and try and do halftime heroes (which these days is limited to trying to take a one hander and not injuring myself in the process).
by gadj1976
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Retirements and delistings / trade talk

valleys07 wrote:Would he consider a move back to GWS or perhaps Sydney?

I hope we do. We need the midfield depth and someone like him would fit in nicely. Soft tissue injuries are a concern but given Collingwood will continue to pay for him, it's a risk I'd take!
by gadj1976
Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Bum Crack wrote:6 days man. Not the end of the world. Have a BBQ and a few reds and chill out. It's all good. I'm with Marshall on this one. Haters gonna hate.

With ya BC. Could be a lot worse.

Like your attitude, keep it up.
by gadj1976
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rule Changes Season 2021

Been saying for about 10 years now, make it 16 a side. Fixes basically every issue they have with congestion without the need for any new rules.

One of probably a dozen fairly obvious changes that would help but no, let's wait so players can walk back to positions inside the goalsquare. Lol.

Whilst I see your point do you think recruiters will recruit guys who can run vs those that can play football?

What that would do is remove players like Jarman x2 Greg Williams etc from the game completely.
by gadj1976
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2020/21

This has been one of the most enjoyable series in recent memory on home turf. India found another level time and time again against an A grade bowling attack (but with a strange game plan) and a B/C grade batting line up (form wise).

Well done India. We clearly don't deserve to be no1 test rank nation. India clearly do.
by gadj1976
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

I've got myself a job working from home. Saving money on travel, coffee and pitching in for farewells, fundraising etc, etc. Plus not having to worry about time taken traveling to and from work.

Winner!
by gadj1976
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Lightning McQueen wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:People on bail injuring/killing others as we've seen in Brisbane

Did you see the footage of him minutes prior to the fatal incident?

I did.

You do wonder if we were to start a society from scratch whether we'd allow people like this to stay out of jail.
by gadj1976
Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another weekend in summer and another weekend without cricket on the tv. Another opportunity missed by CA.
by gadj1976
Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watching Wheeler Dealers on Nine Now (Rush). I've watched the past few series and I'm really disappointed to hear that they ditched Edd to do in a different direction.

Sigh.
by gadj1976
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2021

Great to see Majak out at Demons training, I hope they pick him up

Actually wish the Hawks had a crack at him...
I'm the same, I was hoping Port showed some interest, I think he still has enough to offer and he wouldn't cost the earth.

I don't rate him at all. I wasn't surprised he was delisted last year but I am surprised he's back on a list. Just goes to show if you're a big bloke you don't need to be good at footy to get on an AFL list.
by gadj1976
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll crawl back under my rock now thanks fella's.

He managed 3 Brownlow votes in 2013 vs Western Bulldogs with 18 disposals and 6 goals, I was basing my analysis on that :D

On that basis, Sam Kerridge would win a Brownlow;

Sam Kerridge announced himself to the football world, and to the Kangaroos in particular, with 24 disposals, eight marks and six goals, three of which came in the final quarter as the Crows flew home to win by a solidary point.

afc.com May 28, 2013, 9:23am

Suffice it to say 1 game doesn't maketh the man.
by gadj1976
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LOL, see the 50m Cox gave away for walking backwards off the mark today.
This rule is comedy GOLD! :lol:
I seen it in the CDFC vs NAFC under 16's yesterday, it's a diabolical rule, it has little merit.

Huh? It's not being adopted in the SANFL this year. https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/more-space-for-defenders-under-sanfl-rule-change/

Maybe it was a protected area 50 m, Mate?

I think it has merit , but I think the example circulating on social media is an incorrect interpretation given he only turned around he didn't go off his mark

I'm still failing to see what this adds to the game other than to further complicate the umpires' job and cause increased player and spectator dissatisfaction.
by gadj1976
Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

What are you getting Tipper?

This is mine - I hate the gold flecked roof but it's necessary to keep it for the moment due to funding.

car 64 Chev.jpg
That looks awesome gadj, reminds me of Gran Torino.

What are you thinking of doing to the roof once you have the funds?

I'm torn. The original colours were gun metal grey with a white roof which doesn't do a lot for me. The door cards are black but the seats and dash are stuffed, so I could go another colour. Part of me wants original - but the colours don't suit the car at all IMO but another I really like the old blue they came out in. I had one before this one in that blue and loved it.

I like the vinyl roof' s on the old cars, it would look pretty schmick with the black body.

Either way, it's an impressive looking vehicle.

That's the plan LM! Cheap, quick and looks good too.
by gadj1976
Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I had my wedding on Saturday at Anderson Hill Winery at Lenswood.
Incredible day and my wife (feels weird writing that) looked absolutely gorgeous. So happy with how it all went.
Luckily the rain stopped in the early afternoon and the weather for our 5.30 ceremony was perfect.
My cricket team had a 10.30am start (instead of 12.30) organised so my close teammates could come but the match was washed out anyway. IMG-20210314-WA0010.jpg

Congratulations TDK!
by gadj1976
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 AFL season - Round 1, tips & banter

Wedgie wrote:Can't wait to be amongst a good crowd Saturday night too.

Good? You realise Crows supporters will be there?
by gadj1976
Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3 - COVID is back

Armchair expert wrote:Lachie Plowman I can't put myself through this again

tv turned off

Good supporter. Stay away.
by gadj1976
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 4

MW wrote:Simple solution...empower the boundary umpires to make field calls

That's not a solution, that's introducing another set of problems (as per post above, it becomes 7 people to interpret the rules, instead of 3).
by gadj1976
Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 4

There were some poor calls and missed ones last night, as there is in every game. Felt for the umps a coupla times with some obviously high tackles being missed because they can only see from one angle w hereas the cameras pick up everything.

I agree.

Additionally, the umpires stand in the corridor and don't see the vision that the camera's and crowd do - hence the frustration that is derived by the two parties having completely different views on the play.
by gadj1976
Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Last night at our end of season Cricket Club presentations I was awarded with Life Membership of my beloved North Haven CC. It's a great honour to be recognised, I absolutely love my club and being the Cricket Nuffie I am I absolutely love the game so this means more to me than anyone will ever know.
What's even more special is I've now become one of six men to become both North Haven Cricket Club and Football Club life members.

Hey mate, I was going to send you a PM but I thought it more appropriate to call you out publicly.

You utterly deserve life membership of both. You are an absolute club man, who doesn't look for individual accolades but seeks team and club success above what you want for yourself. Every club needs and wants people like you. So congratulations to you on both life memberships.

I know you'd do anything for North Haven and I truly hope you have ongoing satisfaction in everything you do, on field (currently) and what you'll provide to the club off field in future years.

Cheers

Gadj
by gadj1976
Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

tigerpie wrote:Let's just take it to the federal court and then never speak of it again!

you'll lose in federal court. Contracts mean nuffin.
by gadj1976
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

This sounds different:

Ben & Jerry’s and 4 Pines have just released a limited-edition Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Nitro Beer - A frothy take on arguably Ben & Jerry’s most loved flavour… it’s a sweet and creamy, lactose infused nitro golden brown ale chocful of chocolate chip cookie dough inspired ice cream dough-liciousness…

I couldn't think of anything worse.
by gadj1976
Thu May 20, 2021 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 11 Lets get flexible

Friday night :

Western Bulldogs v Melbourne - Marvel

Saturday :

Collingwood v Geelong - MCG
Brisbane v GWS - Gabba
St Kilda v North - Marvel
Gold Coast v Hawthorn - TIO Darwin. This may be played elsewhere or the two clubs bye moved forward from round 12 to round 11 - TBC
West Coast v Essendon - Optus

Sunday :

Richmond v Adelaide - MCG - Now being played in NSW - likely to be Giants Stadium
Sydney v Carlton - SCG
Port Adelaide v Fremantle - AO

Richmond got annoyed when they had to travel to Marvel - just imagine how annoyed they'll be playing a home game at Homebush!
by gadj1976
Thu May 27, 2021 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can we pool our networks together and get Wubbsy another job?
by gadj1976
Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Junior codes

locky801 wrote:Whats the penalty for a blue card, is there some number that a club gets before action is taken or a fine given

Can be a club fine.
by gadj1976
Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 12 - Who? Where? When?

Wedgie wrote:I'm old, I can remember it, it was when they used to cheat. Ever since they got caught they've been stuffed.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer mob too. Damn they used to be cocky.

Unlike humble Cats supporters.....
by gadj1976
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 12 - Who? Where? When?

I don't think the list is that bad at Carlton.
But they need to define what type of team are they going to be. Defence first, like most of the others or be a little bit daring and play the corridor.
Geelong played the same way from 99 until 2011. We almost jumped at shadows at end of 06'.
If we dumped Bomber we wouldn't have had the success we did.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

I think we are. Remembering that our greatest losing margin is 28 pts this season. My concern is that we look like we're going to lose every game by 28 pts and play accordingly.

In my limited viewing of Carlton, when the game opens up they look OK.
By playing for honourable losses the team gets complacent.
I'd rather my team lose by 10 goals trying to kick 20. But that's not popular.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

I'm the same. I dislike the gameplans of Roos/Lyon etc. So I'm happy we're not conceding 20 goals and getting beaten by 10, but the honorable losses are hard to process because we think we're close/competitive enough but we don't have the killer instinct to win games. Someone on here said we haven't won a game by 10 goals for the longest of all AFL clubs. There is no coincidence in that stat.

I was looking at the ladder and before this week we had about 8th best For and about 13th best Against. So that's nothing to be embarrassed about, nor should we throw the game plan out, its the way we're losing is the concern. I don't think it's unfixable.
by gadj1976
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 15

DOC wrote:I watched most of the game from the West.

Bulldogs last quarter very impressive. Naughton becoming one of the best contested marks in the game.

Bont almost sealed goal of the year with that effort. Ridiculously good.
by gadj1976
Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12 Sturt v South Saturday 1435

That bald umpire was hopeless. Clearly he should get a run on the AFL shortly.

I note that we can't see frees for and against on the SANFL site - unless I'm mistaken. Is this on purpose? What are we North Korea?
by gadj1976
Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Genuine question, unisex changerooms - do MP and Houghton have female teams? or even junior teams?
No for MP, which is why the build doesn't include unisex changerooms, just "home" and "away".

They might regret that going forward. These days you'd have to cater for both I would've thought.
by gadj1976
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:What chariot are you thinking? I f*cking love car shopping.

Me too! Dunno why people get stressed about it. I would do it for them if I were allowed.
by gadj1976
Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 17*

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:If Melbourne select Brown and drop Viney I will tip them

Have you emailed them to let them know?

Na, get on the phone. The receptionists love those types of calls.
by gadj1976
Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://indaily.com.au/sport/football/2021/07/09/couch-warmers-stay-at-home-fans-challenge-afl/

Lockdowns, crowd caps and disrupted schedules have pushed more AFL fans into a TV-watching comfort zone. Getting them back into stadiums could be an issue, writes Michelangelo Rucci.

Good article and rings true to me. Why go when you can stay home, warm and cheap beer and food. I think the cashcow of people going to the footy is over for the AFL. Thankfully people are starting to vote with their feet. It's just a shame that it's taken the pandemic to start it.
by gadj1976
Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agree

We are in the market for a new car but delaying it because it’s all to bloody hard, especially when your not a car person which neither me of the partner are.

We know what we want out of the car but deciding and researching is to much

cars are stupidly over priced at the minute. If you don't NEED a new car right now - don't get one. Save your money

Eg: i can sell my car for more today, than I paid for it 3 years ago...and it's only a bloody Corolla

I bought my SV6 wagon in 2017. 2010 model, 149km, paid 9250 via a private sale.

I wrote it off in April this year. (Thankfully everyone is ok and the scheme of accidents, it was a very minor bingle). So in 2021 with 168km on it, the insurance company paid me over 13000. To replace it, I was looking at at least 15000-17000. Craziness.

Then the problem was trying to find someething around the 10k mark. That was very difficult but I managed to find a Mazda6, 2008, 130km.
by gadj1976
Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agree. Only the AFL would have estimate figures on hand that they could make such assessments I suppose.

You would think if lower crowds become 'the new norm haha' clubs would then be actively looking at ways to minimise the financial hit, eg only opening lower sections of the ground, limiting security etc etc.

Or, do what Richmond are doing and play at smaller venues like Marvel
by gadj1976
Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

I was flicking through Netflix last night and noticed that Deliverance was there. So I watched it.

For 1972, I can see why it was viewed as both controversial and epic. There are many questions left unanswered, however that's the only negative aspect of the film.
by gadj1976
Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 3

Dutchy wrote:How is Modbury Oval holding up? Heading out there Sunday

I think we'll kick 'downstream' in the first quarter. ;-)
by gadj1976
Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |