Search found 332 matches

Return

Re: Round 11 chit chat

I swear if I hear the commentary carry on about Eddie Betts anymore I'm going to throw up!
by carey
Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Terrible deliberate call. Butler handballs the ball back into play gets done for deliberate as it roles out. Cost WC another goal.
by helicopterking
Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Joke of a deliberate call. Butler tried to keep it in but the ball bounced the wrong way
by Jim05
Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ben Warren and Norwood part company!

Grenville wrote:How has Fester (the ostrich) taken the news?

Not at all well!!
Two time Norwood Football Club Premiership Player, Premiership Coach but more importantly someone I call MATE.
Thanks Dugga.
by fester69
Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2016/2017

would it be fair to say that despite all the work done on the pink ball, it's still a fair way off like behaving like a Red ball? Is it good for cricket? Generally i'd say yes its better than watching teams constantly rack up 500+ and having to declare to set up wins but has the balance gone too far in favour of the bowler?

would be interesting to see the average differences in the last couple of years with red vs pink ball.

but im inclined to agree that something favouring the bowlers, after years or bigger bats and smaller grounds, cant be a bad thing. and it might be good for australian techniques
by bennymacca
Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016/2017 Big Bash League

God the strikers are shit!
by carey
Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Controversial Run Out

Yeah it's an interesting one.

The third umpire got it correct to the current laws. (By the way, well done to Nigel Long for sending it upstairs, most umpires would have given it a simple not out on field as it seemed obvious he was home).

The laws changed some time to say once you've made your ground, if you're running naturally, you're considered in your crease. This came about as a result of slow mo cameras showing both feet to be off the ground at the same time while simply running, which clearly isn't meant to be out when the laws of the game were written back in 18-dickety-2. Essentially the laws were "modernised" to keep up with technology and maintain the intent they were first written.

For mine, the interesting one is when a batsman dives to make his crease, and the bat "bounces". Often you now see the third umpire heavily scrutinizing footage to determine when the bounce either started or finished, and where this coincides with the bails being removed. For mine, that's not the intent of the law, and should be reconsidered.

I'd like to see the law along the lines of "once you've made your ground, you're considered in your crease unless you voluntarily* leave your crease" - the current caveat of "avoiding injury" should also remain.

* - this probably isn't the correct word, as a stumping where a player overbalances isn't voluntary, but should be out - but hopefully you get what I mean.

The above would have seen Wagner considered safe, and that's the intent I believe the law was originally written with.
by Trader
Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Ferg comes good when we really needed him. Well done, Ferg. Well done.
by Booney
Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This bloke commentating on the stream has an incredibly annoying voice haha
by The Bedge
Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian tour of India 2017

You would like to think Smith didn't have his own interests at heart convincing Marsh not to review. Especially when he then potentially considers reviewing one of the plumbest lbw you will ever see
by whufc
Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian tour of India 2017

I called it on Twitter last night when they were 60 runs ahead - we were "going to need balls of steel to finish this Test match with a win".
That partnership killed us. Starc and Hazlewood didn't quite get it right early and India got some crucial runs on the board.
The Warner review killed us, it meant Marsh was shy about reviewing his. Unless you're certain, I don't see why you'd ever review an opener's dismissal.
Sadly, we didn't have balls of steel and we lost.
I didn't have a problem with the Warner review because it wasn't ******* out and he knew that. Shaun Marsh then cops a howler soon after and it's as good as over
by Jim05
Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just a pity none of us will get to see it. Thanks CV you pricks!!

Can't help footy season starting
So out of the 150+ ovals in Victoria with turf decks not one is available?
What a sellout crock of crap

Same thing happened to Western Australia in 2015 when Victoria ' hosted' the Final in Tasmania.

If the home state can't provide a ground the second-placed team should get to host the game.
by westozfalcon
Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A few notes so far:

Chadd Sayers' 7/84 has taken him to 61 wickets for the season, behind only Shaun Tait (65) & Colin Miller (67) for most wickets in a season. Sayers also brought up his 200th wicket for SA.

Alex Carey's five dismissals has tied the record for most dismissals in a season of 58 held by Chris Hartley & Wade Seccombe. Carey needs eight runs this innings to equal the 50 dismissal, 500 run season double achieved previously by Hartley, Adam Gilchrist & Matthew Wade.
by Gozu
Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Victor beat strath by 4 goals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by field of dreams
Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round twain

Soooooooo, intentionally punch a bloke in the head with a clenched fist, breaking his jaw & only get 2 weeks (plus 1 with bad record).
Our league is weak as piss when it comes to deterring this shit. Yet they also continually allow blokes to punch players in the guts off the play whilst they're not looking.
NB - both of my blokes were also lucky with their punishments this weekend.
by Spargo
Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 4

He third man up rule is a farce. Why was it even that big a deal in the first place?

Once again, the AFL make a rule without thinking through how the coaches and players will manipulate it. It's a complete joke, just like the 'not keeping the ball in' rule.

The competition is becoming an absolute joke.
by gadj1976
Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 4

He third man up rule is a farce. Why was it even that big a deal in the first place?
by bennymacca
Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wildcard Weekend

I think playing finals for top 18 is a better idea. It means all teams will still strive to make the best position possible. Start the finals in March and run them thru till Sept.

Or you could just keep it as it is and say 'stiff shit' to teams that couldn't make the task of making finals legetimately. Realistically we don't need top 8 either but that won't stop the boffins from further aligning the competition with the US and ruining it even more.

Just in case I haven't been clear....I'm not for the idea.
by gadj1976
Mon May 22, 2017 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's bullshot. Leave it
by woodublieve12
Mon May 22, 2017 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Doesn't matter what anyone thinks, just whether the AFL thinks it'll generate more $$. :roll:
by The Bedge
Mon May 22, 2017 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bulltosh IMO.

To add two more teams in and make 7th/8th who have already earned the right to play finals play again to prove their worth is rubbish.

I completely disagree that the finals series is too short, too. I think the 4 weeks is perfect to end the season on September 30 that started March 23.
by Booney
Mon May 22, 2017 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 10

in big white numerals on the scoreboard!
How many grounds have big score boards with count down clocks. You don't go to the game to watch how much time you have to take a kick. That's is crap and and an insult to the game. I am not a Port fan, usually hope they lose but not cheated out of it by a idiot umpire. Couldn't care less if he was right just doesn't get the vibe. Typical hometown decision by a Victorian Umpire. They are all crooks
by Reddeer
Fri May 26, 2017 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8

NO OFFAL IN THE SANFUL! (IT'S AN ACRONYM NOT A WORD.) :-Q

There's a 400 page thread dedicated to this. Can we please keep this in there so we can have conversations about the games. I get it, it's been 4 years and you will still be bitter in 40 years. I'm still filthy Scott and Chalene left Ramsay street but I don't throw the toys out the cot every time Neighbours comes on.

OK gotta go I'm off to catch my flight on the Queensland and Northern Territory Airline Service.....What's that you say?
Q.A.N.T.A.S.....Still don't know whatim talking about
Qantas

Yes names, logos and identities evolve over time.

It started in 1990 when a SA team entered the AFL and change has occurred.

Personally I have no issue with people wanting the AFL Reserves out but we finally have a few threads that don't get hijacked by the anti establishments. It would be great if that could continue and posts like yours above could not infect football or game related threads.
by thegrowler
Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's happening in the world today.

When the Saudi footballers won't stand for the minute silence for the two Australians who died in London
Whilst in Australia, we don't expect you to abide by all our customs. We do however expect you to RESPECT them.

They (soccer players) don't respect themselves or their sport the way they roll in near death agony when someone touches them, how do you expect them to respect anything else?

Shit sport. Shit blokes, Saudi Arabia.
by Booney
Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: State Library Football Exhibition

Yes originally the time clocks showed the actual time remaining in the quarters. However there were a few times when the clock was wrong and crowds ran on to the ground when they thought the game was over when there was actually some time remaining or when the siren went and the time clock showed some time remaining and in close games some clubs thought they were being cheated. So the decision was made to go to real time. I don't know what date this was.
by clanger
Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MRP

I think the MRP has actually been consistent with these two. Hawkins punched a guy in the chin, the intent was there and it wasn't a footy action it was a blatant punch. Vince tucks his arm in attempted to bump and due to circumstances outside of his actions got him high. Vince didn't jump or raise an elbow he just didn't plan on Parker moving which is where his infringement lied by not taking due care.

Hawkins punching a guy in the chin, regardless of how hard it was, has only one intention to hurt/rattle the guy. It isn't something that has ever legally been in football and while you might say he barely hit him the intent was there. If Davis moves in a way Hawkins wasn't expecting and the punch breaks his jaw would you all be still saying he didn't deserve a week or more?
by Zelezny Chucks
Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Being unashamedly a Hawks fan I couldn't be happier with where the lads are this far into the season. With only a handful of games to go we look finals bound when in all honesty we all thought it was going to be a challenging season when we lost our CHB and Ruckman without a game being played.

Our in's were very good but to loose two crucial player at such a late stage really tested our club and its depth.

Well, how wrong were we. The young lads in the side have done more than stand up, they have proven to be more than ready for this level of competition. They have been hard at the contest, hard at the ball and been able to acquit themselves more than we could ever have expected.

Whatever happens from here forward its been a year to remember and we have certainly unearthed some exceptional talent, we've welcomed back to the club some exceptional talent and if we can keep this group together and continue to build through the juniors and senior colts the future is certainly looking bright at LCFC.

Its been a cracker of a year again in the GSFL and the remaining 4 weeks are sure to set us up for what appears to be a ripper of a finals series.

Well done to all.
by Bull Dog
Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 19

One of the great miracle wins of the year.

Let's talk about the crowd!!

safooty.net for ya
by morell
Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

P.Ryder with the best tap of the year.

Those umpires are utterly ******* disgraceful.
The irony is that not paying the last deliberate gave you a better chance of winning than if it was paid IMO
Don't know about that. A free kick puts the ball in our hands instead of a 50/50 contest.

I love the umps, it's a **** of a job, but that last quarter was appalling. Utter farce.
by morell
Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What was the crowd?

Never seen an AFL game at Adelaide Oval where you could see almost all the grass on the hill

Shitty time for a game. A lot of suburban/country footy on that wouldve effected the crowd. I was at the game and said the crowd would get bigger after half time once all the local footy stopped, which it did. The crowd was still plenty loud with a half full stadium.

On the game, if Port continue to play like that they won't last long in the finals. Granted the wet weather can effect the game but they were super lucky to come away with the win. Although Gray kicked the winning goal, his had plenty of times when he didnt look on tonight (from what i saw in between glasses of red wine at the chairman's lunch. Yes I'm boasting). He had his head down a bit tonight and other fans were mentioning it. Boak was pretty quiet tonight. Umpires paid some pretty poor decisions against Port and didnt the crowd let them know it.

Anyway, I had a good night on the drink. Well done Port for the win.
by Fricky
Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Amazing game but I think the much more pertinent discussion ought to be the crowd figure and whether or not people left early.
by morell
Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 AFL Season

2 weeks for Jonas Unreal! I swear Tom must've banged one of the MRP panels members wives or something. He blocked his path FFS. His original 6 for his hit on Gaff was massive overs too.

To prove its not a Port bias, I thought Ollie should've gotten 2.

#ChookRaffle

Blocked his path?
With an elbow to the head!
Slow learner is Jonas.

2 is about right.
Turn it up he gave him a nudge to body check him and keep him in front, as all good defenders should, and Dollhouse tried to milk a free.

How he got 2 for that and Ollie nothing for something that was actually dangerous has me absolutely beat. If you had a little tacker playing what would you be more worried about?

The MRP is an utter farce.
by morell
Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 AFL Season

I guess Ben Hart, Graham Cornes and another half a dozen media pundits are cooked too then?

Dollhouse was *fine*. If he hit him in the head with any force whatsoever, he would've been hurt.

its utterly ridiculous that the game is now that confused and pathetic that people think thats worthy of a suspension.

Again, if thats worth 3 down to 2 then Ollie should've gotten a life ban.
by morell
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia Tour of Bangladesh

jackpot jim wrote:Can the umpiring in this match get any worse? Long just fires the batsman out Bat / Pad. Replay showed he missed it by 3 feet !!!!!!!!!!!
Australians only half appealed as well.
Thank Christ for DRS as imperfect as it is

Your being kind.
by Computer Crashed
Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

I have no problem with who plays football but lets not make WFL out to be something its not. Its a bloody circus at best
by Old Red
Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

An AFL Final

At Adelaide Oval

On a Saturday night

Let the piss weak excuses begin :-)

Just get off the topic. You really are a sad little man sometimes, build a bridge and get over whatever your issue is.

$100 a ticket in this economy might have something to do with it. Do you ever go to an AFL game?
by Brodlach
Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Hate to stick up for Kenny but wasn't him that missed 16 shots on goal, most of them gettable In a way, he did.

Our forward line is so utterly focused on "locking it in" and "pressure acts" and "repeat entries" that in all honesty, they're often absolutely ****** when they have a shot. The shot Dixon missed, gettable, absolutely, but he took a mark on centre wing 45 seconds before that and rolled his ankle, pushed through it, chipped it sideways and then sprinted back to provide the second option whilst we were switching the ball. So by the time he's marked it inside 50 he's got lactic build up, a sore ankle and a tonne of pressure.

Combine that with our profoundly stupid tactic of kicking to the pockets to force throw in's and avoid opening up the other side of the ground and were often kicking from angles with a large degree of difficulty.

This is why we have 34 inside 50s to 16 in a half and outscore them by just 1 goal. Our forward line selections, method, system and structure is ******* terrible and absolutely contributes to our innacuracy.

Dose inside fitty stats doe
by morell
Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

GSFL Team Of The Year:

GREAT SOUTHERN FOOTBALL LEAGUE 2017 TEAM OF THE YEAR

COACH: Peter Galbraith (Mount Compass)

CAPTAIN: Nathan Daniel (Mount Compass)

FORWARDS

Clint Alloway (Victor Harbor), forward pocket

Tom Pinyon (Mount Compass), full forward

Tristan Gum (Myponga/Sellicks), forward pocket

HALF FORWARDS

Marcus Burdett (Willunga), half-forward flank

Ben Simounds (Strathalbyn), centre-half forward

Ben Miels (Encounter Bay), half-forward flank

CENTRE LINE

Curtis Perrey (Langhorne Creek), wing

Nathan Daniel (Mount Compass), centre

Joel Kay (Yankalilla), wing

HALF BACKS

Tom Derham (Langhorne Creek), half-back flank

Brad Haskett (Willunga), centre-half back

Hamish Tonkin (Encounter Bay), half-back flank

BACKS

James Collier (Willunga), back pocket

Tyson Slattery (Goolwa/Port Elliot), full back

Dale Cuthbert (Goolwa/Port Elliot), back pocket

FIRST RUCK

Peter Hoban (Mount Compass)

Jarrod Kellock (Langhorne Creek)

Josh Sidebottome (Yankalilla)

INTERCHANGE

Brad James (Strathalbyn)

Sean Beath (Willunga)

Daniel Fry (Goolwa/Port Elliot)
by Bull 04
Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 3

Glad the AFL have their minds on ensuring the YES vote gets over the line rather than what is turning out to be the most Boring, Uninspiring and Shithouse Finals series of ALL TIME !!!!
And Gill the Dill still wants to keep the F*&^%^&G bounce despite the clowns in Green stuffing every second bounce up :oops: :roll:

Go back to local footy you flog
Yeah Jackpot how dare you come on here and have an opinion.
by Corona Man
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

Thats a disgraceful decision. No consistency whatsoever.
by mighty_tiger_79
Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia Domestic Season 2017/18

The new fake fielding rule was applied today, Queensland penalized 5 runs

I like it.

Absolutely RIDICULOUS addition to the Laws of cricket. :roll:
Just cant see any logic to it at all.
Cricket is a competitive sport and deception is a key tactic to attaining an edge over the opposition as it is in most sports.
I cant understand how anyone even thought this was an issue to start with the bring in such a law?
I cant recall anyone being Run Out because of it and if there has been the batsmen only have themselves to blame surely.
Ive perhaps seen a few occasions where batsmen may not have run due to it but thats credit to the fielding team surely?

Maybe im missing something here? Could someone please enlighten me if i am?
Not a big fan of the penalty runs. Maybe like the AFL a fine and third time suspended for a game(s).
by FlyingHigh
Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daysofourlives wrote:The new fake fielding rule was applied today, Queensland penalized 5 runs

Load of pus rule.

i think it's an art, the batsman is allowed to fake where he is standing, can pretend to take a run then stop, switch hit etc.

Cricket is turning into AFL.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The new fake fielding rule was applied today, Queensland penalized 5 runs
Load of pus rule.

i think it's an art, the batsman is allowed to fake where he is standing, can pretend to take a run then stop, switch hit etc.

Cricket is turning into AFL.
Exactly right.

Bowlers can deliver a slower ball.

It's the art of deception.
by Tony Clifton
Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Great stuff Jim. A couple of great games by the sound of it!
by Trader
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Condolences to the Kangarilla Cricket Club and community, only played against him last week :(

It is with great sadness we announce that our club historian, club statistician, C Grade Captain and Under 14 Coach and Club legend Craig “Percy” Stevens passed away yesterday afternoon, after yet another unbeaten innings for his Club.

Our thoughts are with his family at this tragic time.

Thanks also to the members of the Flagstaff Hill CC for their assistance to our team at the ground.

Gary Bilney
by Dutchy
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2017/2018

I must admit I pretty much couldn't give a stuff about this starting tomorrow. Every year with the bullshit selections and lacklustre performances I just seem to lose a bit more interest and it's not helped with the ODD cricket disappearing from TV either.

Shaun Marsh? I'm old enough to remember when they were picking this guy on potential what is he now 40? Sayers tears up Shield cricket but can't get a game because some 5th string guy from NSW no one has ever heard of is the new 'great white hope'. Ferguson gets punted after one match doesn't matter how many runs he'll make at domestic level they'll never pick him again cos Mitch Marsh can bowl as well as bat! He might be bloody average at both but doesn't matter. Tim Paine? Last I heard he was the back up keeper in Tassie, here have a baggy green mate.
by Gozu
Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why didn't we bowl tonight?
To manage the workloads of the quicks.
We are 260 up, another 100 and we are safe.
They will have to bat in this tomorrow night

A load of absolute wank in this weather I reckon, we bowled 76 overs, 24 by the spinner in cool weather.
Or the batters could do what they are paid to and knuckle down like Marsh did on the first night. No wonder we go to water on pitches that offer a bit. Time to show some balls and tough it out
by Jim05
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 2017/2018

The BBL. C grade bowlers bowling to C grade batsman, A grade fielders.

The comp is made up of rubbish players playing 'exciting' cricket. Gimme a break.
by gadj1976
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good to see someone celebrate a ton and not carry on like a goose
by woodublieve12
Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |