Search found 34 matches

Return

Re: Reserves - PAFC accepts invite from SA Football Commissi

Given that Port Adelaide Football Club is now the 1 Club why does it still have 2 Club Emblems?

Does it also have 2 different club songs?

Mine as well just call the magpies the power reserves and have the some song, same logo and same guernsey. We all know they aren't the magpies, stop trying to bluff us.
by Blackwhite
Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Adelaide Senior Coach 2014

I think McGregor was very underrated this year. Under the circumstance and issues surrounding everyone's future I think he did a decent job.
by Blackwhite
Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Dog_ger wrote:Sad days isn't it.

Something has changed forever and will never be the same.

Very sad that the SANFL as we know it is dead. It's a pity my kids will never get to experience what many others and myself got to experience. The crows and power can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.
by Blackwhite
Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Garry Hocking to coach Port's Reserves (SANFL) in 2014

How about do us all a favour and remove your reference to Port Adelaide Magpies in you Teams list BW. You obviously don't want to barrack for us.

He's more of a Port supporter than you'll ever be.

Thanks mate. Don't know either of you for a bar of soap but I have only missed a few maggies games in the past 10 or so years. I've seen the lows of the lows and stood by the club but next year you can't tell me that going to watch the powers reserves will be the same as going to watch the true magpies. I'm shattered. Footy and life won't be the same.
by Blackwhite
Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL to Port - Summerton is a NO go!!!!

SANFL now an absolute joke they are not the Magpies they are the AFL Power.

Magpies are dead and buried .

Dark era for SA football. I still can't comprehend how some people can still think that the power reserves are no different to the real magpies. Anyone who believes that has been brainwashed by the powers crap.
by Blackwhite
Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A-League 2013/14 Transfers, Results & Discussion

Great atmosphere tonight. Kudos to the 15,000+ that attended. I'm sure a few thousand ony showed up to see the great man though. Nevertheless, it was a fantastic night!
by Blackwhite
Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

I don't know about anyone else but to me, the New Age Outlaws have not lost a step. Would love to see them have a full time run to help get the tag team division going again. There promos are second to none and they still have it in the ring. They are an absolute joy to watch.
by Blackwhite
Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Still can't believe some people think the magpies are alive. Sorry, but making the magpies (no matter if they are called the magpies or not) a reserves team ensures they are dead. RIP to the greatest and most successful football club in Australia. The SANFL wll never be the same.
by Blackwhite
Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

What integrity for God's sake its a AFL Power reserves side playing in the SANFL and for some reason the SANL/PAFC have decided to use the Magpie emblem to try and suck some followers right in.

Total disrespect to the real Magpie ie 1870 to 2013 SHAME on you all !!!!!

Spot on. And unfortuantley, the retaining of the "magpie" name has sucked numerous people in - these people are just to thick to realise the club is dead. Sad.
by Blackwhite
Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just watched raw, Batistas pop was pretty poor for his comeback, They should of saved it for the rumble and had him as a suprise entrant, Crowd would of went psycho for that. His promo with Randy was terrible as well.

If Bryan doesnt win the rumble something is terribly wrong with the WWE, havent seen a bloke so over for ages

I agree, Batista's return was very lacklustre. Blame that on his return being spoiled.

As for Bryan, he isn't in the rumble at this stage as he is scheduled to face Bray Wyatt. However I wouldn't be surprised if he performed double duty and went on to win the rumble. That would be nothing short of epic. Do I agree 100% that Daniel Bryan should win the rumble? YES! YES! YES!
by Blackwhite
Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

The crows are a disgrace. The SA guesrnsey should be earnt, not used in a publicity stunt.
by Blackwhite
Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

prowling panther wrote:The decision has been over turned by the SANFL.

No free kick, just play on

Thank god the SANFL has come to there senses. Finally common sense prevails.
by Blackwhite
Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: True or False

True. Love collecting SANFL stuff.

TNP loves to travel.
by Blackwhite
Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know I've said this before but Austin Aries is one of the best in the business right now. Everything from his promo work to his in ring work is OUTSTANDING! He even managed to make being a referee interesting on this weeks impact. I love his work as a babyface, tweener and heel and cannot wait for what his latest heel turn has in store. All hail the greatest man that has ever lived.
Not even close to yes yes yes yes yes... He's on another level. Pretty easy to be a standout in a two bit promotion!!!!

I agree, not quite on the level of Daniel Bryan, but his popularity is like nothing we've seen in the past decade. I don't care what anyone says, without a doubt AA is in the top 5 workers in the business at the moment. Would even go as far as saying top 3.
by Blackwhite
Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No way he just chucked it in.. im sure that Brock would have had said something on coming back to WWE in his negotiations with vince. I just hope that lesnar stays around now because it is without doubt the most laughable thing that the Wwe let Brock actually be the man to break the streak.. im more suprised that the undertaker allowed brock to be the man although we dont know if the dead man even had a say ... on a side note to see arguably the greatest 3 wrestlers in the ring together was truly amazing that was one of the few times the crowd made some noice.. there will only ever be 1 stone cold the greatest ever entertainer in the history if the WWE in my opinion..

Has been made clear a few times Undertaker has creative control over his character and clears every creative idea. No doubt it was his choice for the streak to be broken. Would love an explanation as to why Brock was the man to break it though.
by Blackwhite
Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: True or False

True and False. Depends on a few things.

TNP likes to travel but hates airplanes.
by Blackwhite
Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rounds 2 - Sturt v Adelaide Post Game

rd wrote:Don't know official crowd but I'm guessing 3500 at Unley today. I will be generous and give the Crows 300 at most.

I wouldn't expect anything less from a bunch of fake supporters supporting a fake team. Well done on the win Sturt.
by Blackwhite
Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

It was also a really weird atmosphere there. There were plenty of power/magpies supporters there yet they displayed zero excitement and passion despite belting us from the first bounce. In years gone by their supporters would have been gloating and giving it to us. But today.......nothing. Polite applause when they kicked a goal. Even their cheersquad remained pretty well quiet.

I'm thinking many of their loud-mouthed passionate supporters have given up and been replaced with well-behaved AFL supporters.

Wasn't there today since I no longer follow the magpies because of what has happened but you are spot on. I'm going to have a punt here and say that 75% of years gone by regular magpie supporters who attended 10+ games yearly have walked away. As a former cheer squad member, I can also say that only a few of last years members remain (and they are power supporters which explains it). To my knowledge, the cheer squad has been overtaken by Power cheer squad members.

As for the atmosphere, what do you expect? After all it is all a fraud and deep down, everyone knows that the magpies are unfortunatley dead, so how can any passion be displayed?
by Blackwhite
Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

Very disappointing. As much as I hate the fact that the AFL are in the SANFL, the SANFL wouldn't have lasted much longer without them.

CRAP

Absolute garbage. The SANFL would of been just fine without the AFL. Would rather only have a handful of the most passionate supporters in the land than a bunch of supporters who only cheer when the big screen tells them to. NO AFL IN THE SANFL.
by Blackwhite
Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I can tell Port RESERVES is a different team to the 1870-2013 beenreal Port team

Has anyone noticed how quiet the Port RESERVES supPORTers are at the games thus so far in the 2014 new team?

NW V PR
Quietest game Ive been to for NW against a team with Port in its name

PR V GL
Bayman said despite PR winning easy , it was basically emotionless

WWT V PR
I was there for this game
Extremely quiet crowd wise
I think I yelled out more than any PR supPORTer in the vicinity

This is my point

The beenreal traditional Port supPORTers 1870-2013 used to thrive on BIG wins of the last 2 weeks
Some would be unbearable
You know the old forget the rest we are the f...g best mentality
The there are 2 types of supPORTers , those that barrack for Port, and those that wish they did

At this very early stage the Port RESERVES barrackers are very very quiet , prob embarrassed of this 2 week dominance

And it shows in the Keith Thomas article , he is also downplaying his teams recent successes

Agree 100%. It is a whole different bunch of supporters. I think Power and Crows reserves supporters need a big screen to tell them when to cheer. Unfortunately its out with the old and in with the new.
by Blackwhite
Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Great article. Condolences to the Williams family.
Just shows how great footy clubs are in helping people in tough times like this.

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/phos-camden-player-sam-williams-scores-three-goals-in-triumphant-tribute-to-his-dad-killed-in-barossa-valley-plan-crash/story-fni6uo1m-1226970275363
by Blackwhite
Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cash 123 wrote:Geeez the PNU supporters have come out of the woodwork over the past 6 months

The real supporters were never in the woodwork to begin with. PNU till I die.
by Blackwhite
Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rivalries

PNU v Athelstone is always huge.
And recently PNU v Scotch have also become huge games.
by Blackwhite
Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No way in hell PNU will lose this tomorrow. Way to much riding on this game.
by Blackwhite
Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As good as Giannini's year has been, he is playing in a team where everyone is stealing votes off of each other. There is a handful of players that I can think of that will poll very well. Will be good to see someone from falconland take home the medal.

I feel a wager coming on BW. Choose your winner.

Would have to go with Giannini. He has had at least 4 (could argue more) clear best on ground performances and many other games where you would think he would poll at least 1 or 2 votes. When someone gets as much of the ball as he does, the umpires tend to take note.
by Blackwhite
Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Full credit to both PNU and PAC for a great contest yesterday. The never say die attitude of both teams is to be admired.
by Blackwhite
Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coaches worth

The players don't get paid in preseason so neither should the coaches.

As for 20-30 hours a week I find that hard to believe. Here is what I see. 2 hours Tuesday night, 2 hours Thursday night, 4 hours Saturday and 2 hours selecting players. 10 hours. There might e a few coaches who tape games and watch them again. Another 2 hours for them. However you are not going over tapes from other teams, watching there practice or getting scout reports. 12 hours is about the
Most I can see. Would love to know where the other hours are spent?

Don't know how any coach could operate on only 10 hours a week. I know my coach spends 4 hours at the club on a Tuesday night, 5-6 on a Thursday night, 12 hours on a Saturday (watching B's, coaching A's, presos etc.) and another 8 on a Sunday watching the juniors and coaching the U18's. That's about 30 hours just there. No to mention all the phone calls and meetings he has. The way I see it is, coaching a div 1 or div 2 club is a huge commitment and is just as time consuming as a full time job.
by Blackwhite
Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Following on from my last post, I have no idea what sort of pay coaches get but 15-20k a year is probably an appropriate figure for the work these guys put in.
by Blackwhite
Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Definitely phone bill reimbursements, some petrol $$, and maybe some beer tickets at a minimum. That would be the courteous thing to offer by the club.

Would say it might be a little bit more than this aswell. Many B grade coaches put in a hell of a lot of hours, more than most would think. Well I know ours sure does.
by Blackwhite
Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Instead we have a system where from my experience a club gets a coach, he then says he can bring x, x and x with him who also double as his good mates, he then talks them up as being the next Gary Ablett and the club need x amount to lure him, this sum is generally way overs to his value but his looked after his mate.

Coach doesn't care if he over spends because he can move to another club at any time so what's he care if there bled dry,

The soccer system makes coaches responsible and if they wanna pay overs it hurts at their hip pockets

The amount of times I have been at the pub and heard coaches of amatuer/country clubs telling the mates, "I'm gonna get the job at ......., come with me and ill make sure you get..................'

I would think at alot of amatuer clubs coaches also play the role of main recruiter, imho some of these blokes need to be held responsible for some of the positions we see clubs in

Committee must be crap if they allow coaches to ridiculously overspend.
by Blackwhite
Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nothing was achieved by the Rock's appearance, apart from maybe a small ratings spike. He made look Rusov look ordinary, even before Cena gets to him. He also made the rest of the roster look ordinary, reminding audiences how much more charismatic he is than any other current WWE talent.

Nothing was achieved from his appearance other than it being the best segment of the night. Surely you can't complain with that. I don't think he made Rusev look ordinary, its not like Rocky hit any of his signature moves on him.
by Blackwhite
Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Club Best & Fairest winners

Payneham B&F count
A Grade - Tyler Brimacombe
Runner up - Jon Giannini
3rd - Jack O'leary
by Blackwhite
Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

PNU just seem to find a way to win. Down at 3 quarter time, an absolute gutsy effort by the boys to get over the line. Wasn't pretty footy, but sometimes you just got to play ugly footy to win. Huge game against the gullies after the bye, should be an absolute cracker. Milne v Cockshell in the ruck is sure to be an epic battle.
by Blackwhite
Sun May 31, 2015 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

Milne BOG for PNU and Clinton 2nd best for SN, did they not go near each other all day?

Anyone that watched that game shed any light, baffles me that 2 blokes going head to head in the ruck can both have such an influence on the game?

Clinton absolutely destroyed Milne and that was the key to them beating PNU so easily.

Destroyed? Surely you're joking. Milne's around the ground work was phenomenal. If Milne didn't play, PNU would've went down by 10 goals. Get your eyes checked before you post again, < no name calling please, it's his opinion and he's entitled to it without backlash>
by Blackwhite
Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |