Search found 277 matches

Return

Re: CDFC 2023

Yes it was a good win but it was just that, one win.
A week ago a lot of people were very negative after the South loss,
it's round 3 this weekend, if we beat the Crows I might start getting a bit more excited but I'll wait until the end of round 6 to give my assessment,
If we can be AT LEAST 2 and 4 after round 6, then I reckon we're on track.

I wish it was this weekend; unfortunately no football - a bit hard to take after only two rounds.
At least we do have the Under 16s and Under 18s playing close to my home: Richmond Oval. I should make it out to see them.
Btw, I agree Gazz... will be happy if we are 2 and 4 after round 6.
by bulldogproud
Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 Centrals v Adelaide Saturday 1.10

What is the rule regarding how many AFL players the Crows can have in their side at once.
Heard tonight that their main AFL side will be unchanged so that means they could have 21 against us tomorrow
what chance do we have

EVERY CHANCE!! Great win against one of the strongest Ravens teams ever fielded. Our will to win was impressive and got us over the line. The players believe in one another, in the coach and in the system. We still have a lot of work to do but are definitely on the improve. Well done, boys!!
by bulldogproud
Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mots02 wrote:Crows got a reaming in the last few minutes.

Schoenberg tackle then the free to Lange.

Made up for many of the ones that were missed in the first three and a half quarters. The Ravens had a dream run until then.
by bulldogproud
Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agree with all of the above. Really pleased that, although the Crows headed us at the beginning of each quarter after the first, we kept fighting back. It would have been so easy to drop our heads and think it was all too hard against such a quality side. We have done that so many times in the past few years. There is definitely character in our team, a fighting spirit that is great to see. The return of Elvis and Billy next week will also be timely, up against a Sturt side that is playing great football at the moment. If we can be competitive in that match, there is reason to believe.
by bulldogproud
Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good to hear.
Did they fit you with the standard SANFL one, which gives an extra kick to get through game day; or the special CDFC version which helps you cope with one-quarter fadeouts? ;)
by bulldogproud
Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 Sturt v Central District

Congratulations to Sturt on the win. Great effort by our boys. We still need to learn how to play small grounds though.
by bulldogproud
Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 Sturt v Central District

A big test for both sides. Sturt have had big wins, but two have been over cellar-dwellers Norwood and Port. Central have had two wonderful results but can our form carry over for a third week, on an oval that doesn't suit us? With Billy back, we will certainly not be short of tall options up forward (Munn, Lange, Grace, Pearce and possibly Billy in rotations). This makes us a vastly different side from others we have gone to Unley with. Important for Pearce to grab a couple early and kick straight...very much a confidence player. Really pleased to have Elvis play his first game for the year. We are a chance, particularly if we dent Sturt's confidence with a strong start...they haven't been under scoreboard pressure this season yet. That being said, I still think Sturt may be too strong, but if we are in the game at lemons, watch out.
by bulldogproud
Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Under 18s and Under 16s

Yep, Trinity do play in the Saturday afternoon comp.
Always loved catching up with Travis Head when he played against us.
Cheers
by bulldogproud
Wed May 03, 2023 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A range of schools, I think. Noah McDonald is from Iggies. Since our boundaries expanded to include suburbs such as Golden Grove, we have gained more players from private schools.
by bulldogproud
Thu May 04, 2023 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 Centrals vs West Saturday 6/5 2:10PM

I fear this will be a lot closer than some are thinking. The weather is set to make it a low-scoring match and West have definitely improved this season too. If we don't bring our A game, if we don't go in 100% switched on, West can win this.
That being said, apart from our first match, we have been very consistent and have put together four-quarter efforts. Commitment like we have been showing should see us sneak in by a couple of goals.
by bulldogproud
Fri May 05, 2023 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 Centrals vs West Saturday 6/5 2:10PM

Dogs were good apart from the last qtr.

McCormack BOG McLennan Hoskin Chisholm Nieschke best players for me

Two others probably worthy of a mention are Anzac Lochiowak and Hugo Munn. Anzac made a pretty decent debut, whilst Hugo is starting to prove invaluable; not only in what he does but also how it enables Billy to go forward.
by bulldogproud
Sun May 07, 2023 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The following results may say something about how different the comp is without the private school players: three weeks ago, Glenelg beat South by 43 points in the U18s; yesterday South beat Glenelg by 121 points.
by bulldogproud
Sun May 07, 2023 1:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eagles v Sturt Maughan Thiem Kia Oval 4:40pm

Agree with a lot of what you say, Ferret. This week will see you line up against a team with less SANFL matches behind them and will give you a good guide as to where the Eagles sit... should be a great game, as long as we don't bring our last quarter effort from last week to it.

"bulldogproud", the composition of teams change from week to week and I can only go on the latest information available, but after last weeks game the 22 that played for the Dogs had an accumulated total of 911 SANFL league games, the Eagles had an accumulated total of 856 games so assuming the teams remain the same (which they won't, Knight and Pudney will be outs for the Eagles) I would say the Dogs will be playing a team with less SANFL experience than the Dogs.

527 of those games are attributable to just three players though (Hoskin, J. Schiller and Presbury). We only have one other player who has played more than 33 games (Barreau with 57). None of our players have played an AFL match. The Eagles will have more combined AFL and SANFL experience and more players who have played more than 33 games of SANFL. Overall, reasonably matched with overall experience if you take Riley Knight and Luke Thompson out of your team.
Cheers
by bulldogproud
Wed May 10, 2023 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Premiership Table

whufc wrote:
am Bays wrote:Dear Spelly. when was the last time a Centrals supporter requested a SANFL premiership table be published on this august site, 2015?

The lid is well and truly off :lol: :lol:

Surprised we didn't ask for the Ressies, U18s and Women's ones to be published as well... top two on all ;)
by bulldogproud
Fri May 12, 2023 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ROUND 6 EAGLES VS DOGS MAUGHAN THIEM OVAL SAT 2:10PM

gazzamagoo wrote:Our defence will win this game for us, AS LONG AS our forwards finish off the good work.

If not, we may need to start implementing changes up forward. Much as I love him, Dale needs to fire against his old club tomorrow.
by bulldogproud
Fri May 12, 2023 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SOS to Connor McLean and Dan Menzel: all is forgiven, come home now please. You won't be playing Ressies with us ;)
On a positive note, still sitting fourth. If we can win 2 of our next 3 (Glenelg, Norwood, Port), can still have a positive ledger at the halfway mark of the season. This would still be in advance of season expectations....plus we now have a fortnight to regroup.
by bulldogproud
Sat May 13, 2023 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to the Eagles on the win. Broke it open in a 10 minute burst in the second quarter, then did all they needed to do defensively. Certainly not a pretty game, but one that proved we are still a bit off the pace, whilst there is life in the Eagles. As UK said, our forward line is a big worry.
by bulldogproud
Sat May 13, 2023 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Today was going to be my return to footy . Now before anyone digs at me only posting when Eagles win I’m a bad loser spit the dummy ect I’ll say it save everyone else saying .
I was going told my adult kids yep they agreed
However hospital called me Thursday had to go in for my scan to make sure cancer hadn’t returned
But I got to watch from half way through the second quarter
Eagles looked a improved team today

Assuming your scan went as well as your Eagles MJP, a good day for you :)
by bulldogproud
Sat May 13, 2023 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2023 season

Not willing to make any predictions until after the midseason draft...can seriously derail a season.
by bulldogproud
Sun May 14, 2023 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mal wrote:Adelaide Crows, Central Districts and South Adelaide have had tough draw so far this season
They are the 3 clubs that have not played Norwood yet

Until we play them, I will still be worried that we will be the first team they will beat this season!
by bulldogproud
Mon May 15, 2023 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mal wrote:IF the mid FEAR draft does not affect them I can foresee that the Premiers will be :
The side that Stampy, Pseudo, Pat/Pirate, Spargo, MT, Dutchy and AMB barrack for

Although they look to be in great form, they haven't beaten a top 4 team this year...yet.
by bulldogproud
Tue May 16, 2023 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not trying to change his mind, just show him his error.
by bulldogproud
Tue May 16, 2023 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFLW Season 2023

Round 12
Saturday 20th May
Sturt v Glenelg (Wigan Oval - 12:00pm)
Sturt have to win to play finals, Draw means season over
Glenelg will be happy with either a draw or a win from the game to play finals

Norwood v South Adelaide (Coopers Stadium - 12:00pm)
If Norwood win, they could jump into 2nd spot if Centrals lose to West, if Norwood lose, they will finish 3rd
South will be happy with either a win or draw so that they can take the minor premiership and host Semi-final day at Flinders University Stadium

North Adelaide v Woodville-West Torrens (Prospect Oval - 12:00pm)
For both teams, it is playing for pride in the last game of the season.

Central District v West Adelaide (X Convenience Oval - 12:00pm)
If Centrals win, and South lose to Norwood, Centrals can take the minor premiership by % and host the Sem-Final day, if they lose and Norwood win, Centrals could finish 3rd.
West are playing for the pride in the last round and if they take the win, could shape the top 4 for the finals.

Should be a great final round of matches. Double-chance a possibility for three sides, all but three can play finals depending on results.
by bulldogproud
Tue May 16, 2023 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD7 DOGS VS BAYS X CONVENIENCE OVAL SATURDAY 27/5 2:10PM

Although he was well held today, would love to pick up a player like Liam McBean. Congrats on his 100th.
by bulldogproud
Sat May 27, 2023 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ha Ha

Yes you had more f50 entries like we did in the 2009 second semi final and Prelim that stat on its own doesn’t mean much as I know all to painfully

We only allowed 70 % (22) of our f50 entries to come out. Where’s you allowed 85% of you f50 entries (37) to come out.

I’m not gloating at our win I’m chuckling at how close you think your lot are.

It’s a forward 50 pressure game now.

If you think you are going ok and a 2 new forwards are all you require, well you must be right

Done arguing with you ambays; you appear drunk.
I certainly am happy with the progress our boys are making; huge strides from last year, and big improvements through all four grades. We have a very young side...and should only get better. Our aim is to be top 3 by 2025, we appear on track. The proof will be in the pudding.
by bulldogproud
Sat May 27, 2023 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes, Glenelg rightly won on the day....but we are getting closer. So proud of what our club has achieved in 12 months. We are not all the way there yet, but boy are we improving. So proud of our boys and I will continue to defend them no matter how many times someone calls them 'crap' and questions the character of our players. :)
by bulldogproud
Sun May 28, 2023 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

U16's, U18's & reserves won again!
I think the future is bright out at The Ponderosa.

And that was against a side that was top two in two of those grades.
At the beginning of the league match broadcast, an interesting fact was stated. 18 of our players were aged 23 or under; Glenelg only had 7. We have the nucleus of a great era at the club...just need to keep them together.
Btw, Glenelg have an incredible line-up. 12 of their list would be in the top 3 or 4 at any other club. To be able to keep them under the salary cap means that a number must be underpaid. Might be worth finding out if one of those is a strong-marking forward and offer enticement to come to the Ponderosa.
by bulldogproud
Sat May 27, 2023 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |