Search found 717 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Arch44 wrote:Program has changed again. We now play Mawson Lakes 1st up. That's 3 times now it has changed!

I reckon we are up to at least 4 now. :lol:
by the milky bar kid
Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2013/14.

Arch44 wrote:Yep agree with that, although I like the idea of celebrating a flag on Saturday night instead of a Sunday Night.

Public Holiday this Monday.. :D
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Sorry for intruding but.... I'm sure Brahma Lodge put a lot of faith in the people they chose to take the club forward. All of a sudden they all leave and they are left with nothing. People, what happened to getting behind the Aussie battler and not kicking them when they're down. We can talk all day about the mistakes, but this club is trying to save themselves from extinction. Where they play is irreverent , as long as they play. Compassion is not something experienced in footy all that often, but atm, we all need to work for a strong league and all clubs are part of that. I'll go now, with friends or not.
By "faith" you mean "money", right?

No compassion from me. We lost a Grand Final to them by 100pts two years ago. No one from Brahma Lodge was crying to the league that day. I'm sorry, but if you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

They should have been made to stay in Div 4 as per the rules and taken on the chin whatever came their way
by S Demon
Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Since everybody knows best, how would anybody have run the club differently from 2009.

2009 - Relegated to div 7 with 2 junior teams. No junior committee.

2014 - Most senior players moved on, In division 5, 5 Junior team and a junior committee. All because the a grade has been successful

I would say the club has grown and are on track to have an under 18's side within 5 years.

What should the club have done differently?????

At the very least they should have taken their option to stay in Div 4 as the rules allow and copped whatever happened next.

Now they get to go down 2 divisions and potentially do it all over again...
by S Demon
Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division III 2014

Bring on the full lock out so I can stop thinking I need to make changes to my team :evil:
by Sorry Dude
Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:Straight over my head. :)

Its actually a wolf who looks suspiciously similar to the coyote in the road runner
by Mr Beefy
Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Straight over my head. :)
Its actually a wolf who looks suspiciously similar to the coyote in the road runner
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/90/Sam_and_Ralph_clock.png/220px-Sam_and_Ralph_clock.png

Wasn't the original Wile.E.Coyote? Never known him as a wolf Mr B
Ralph E. Wolf!
Ralph E. Wolf and Sam Sheepdog (E. like Ethelbert) are characters in a series of animated cartoons in the Warner Bros. Merrie Melodies series of cartoons. The characters were created by Chuck Jones, but here directed by Isadore "Friz" Freleng (as I. Freleng). This short was written by Melvin Millar and features music by Carl W. Stalling.[1]
Ralph Wolf (named after a Warner Bros. employee) has virtually the same character design as another Chuck Jones character, Wile E. Coyote —brown fur, wiry body, and huge ears, but with a red nose in place of the Coyote's black one; (usually) white eyes instead of Wile E.'s yellow; and, occasionally, a fang protruding from his mouth. He also shares the Coyote's appetite, and persistent use of Acme Corporation products, but he covets sheep instead of road runners and, when he speaks, doesn't have the upper-class accent or the egotistical bearing of the Coyote. Another crucial difference is that of personality: Ralph does not have the fanatical drive of the Coyote in pursuing his prey, preferring to abandon his chase at the end of the working day.
by Mr Beefy
Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Henley are the dark horse in this comp,there a grade have recruited very well plus some coming back from injury,which means 10-12 players coming into the side from above.
What about the 18 that have cleared out? They all from D Grade?

:shock: did u not read the rules before signing up to the forum nichdanmatt?

"posting any praise or confidence towards henley will not be tolerated" haha
by marbles
Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looks like Mr Hird is in deep trouble. Mrs Hird coming to his defence and stirring trouble again. Why cant they just accpet it. Be thankful that he still had his job. And a paid 4 month holiday. Now it looks like he will join the rest of the un-employed because of his wife's silly statement. Anyway it opens the door for BOMBER Thompson to take the Bombers to a premiership.

There is an afl thread mate
by BZB27
Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looks like Mr Hird is in deep trouble. Mrs Hird coming to his defence and stirring trouble again. Why cant they just accpet it. Be thankful that he still had his job. And a paid 4 month holiday. Now it looks like he will join the rest of the un-employed because of his wife's silly statement. Anyway it opens the door for BOMBER Thompson to take the Bombers to a premiership.
it's nearly 2 hours since this was posted and i still can't work out why you'd post this here. :lol:
by woodublieve12
Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:Or because its a Div 6 thread

Yeah that too. No harm done.
by Bombers4EVA
Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dancing in the champaigne storto uuu roys
by Dancing in the rain
Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:Bitter pill to swallow for Enfield losing all 3 GF's and on top of that the skipper of the club getting a king pair.

Congratulations on the win Dougy
by Footy Warrior
Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty rapt to be part of the Fitzroy cricket club. My 3rd Grand Final in 5 years and finally won it! Enfield fought til the very end, as did we and it was a ripper Grand Final. All those people slagging Enfield, they did an amazing job defending such small totals all year, they deserved to be there more than anyone. Almost defending 65, shows that their bowling line up is the 2nd best in the comp! The only disappointing thing about the GF was the actions of their skipper throughout the game in both innings. Definitely wasnt a good look for Enfield.
by 'Harry'
Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty rapt to be part of the Fitzroy cricket club. My 3rd Grand Final in 5 years and finally won it! Enfield fought til the very end, as did we and it was a ripper Grand Final. All those people slagging Enfield, they did an amazing job defending such small totals all year, they deserved to be there more than anyone. Almost defending 65, shows that their bowling line up is the 2nd best in the comp! The only disappointing thing about the GF was the actions of their skipper throughout the game in both innings. Definitely wasnt a good look for Enfield.

Is that why we haven't heard from u in 5 years? You blokes werent angels either sunshine so dont go off slagging Wright and showing your true colours pal

Haha, we were angels compared to you blokes...had wrighty run onto the ground in the first innings abusing the umpire over a legitimate caught and bowled, then proceeded to threaten our players in the second innings once he got a King Pair. Not sure what we did wrong, didn't realise it wasn't ok to get excited about winning a Grand Final and taking wickets.
Proceed to argue about how we weren't angels, I wanna hear some of the verbal diarrhoea that you are gonna dish out
by 'Harry'
Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Geez I've never heard Harry say a bad word about anyone! :shock:

What happened?

Was heat of the moment from Wrighty, one of his players was caught and bowled by Dave, they thought it was a bump ball went it definitely wasn't. both umpires had a chat and they gave it out. Wrighty ran onto the ground and started pointing fingers and let off a bit of steam at the umpires.
2nd dig, Wrighty got dismissed for a King Pair, managed to complain about being caught in the gully (maybe another bump ball), he walked off and a few let him know that he couldn't even get a King Pair in Poker, and he started threatening with the cricket bat to knock some teeth out. If u cant handle a bit of banter about 2 golden ducks, then you need to harden up. Like I said, was definitely heat of the moment and he was probably still hurting from a narrow loss, but it wasn't a good look

And was a very good catch taken in the gully too ;)
Good catching Dougy Bollinger!!
by Footy Warrior
Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dougy takes 8 catches during the game.....gets credited with 2!
by auto
Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hmmm...what a grand old final it was.
had wickets galore....very little runs...had disputes in both innings ....maybe a little too far at times...
but bloody hell.. what a game to watch....enfield on top...fitzroy on top.. then enfield . then fitzroy. the way a gf should be.
both teams played hard . and wrighty, I for one fully understand how you can get caught up in the heat of the moment mate, its called giving your all and regardless of your score you gave your all.
fitzroy, hats off to ya guys, never gave up at any stage. well done. steve giglio (excuse spelling) ? well done on a stella career mate, you will be sorely missed by alot of players. what a way to finish of your career ...premier player.
auto , if you do pull the pin as well, you also my friend will be a great loss to this assoc.
good luck to all in what ever next season brings.
by dark & stormy
Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

so there is hope for mitchell park, angle vale, flinders uni to survive? or unless they inject some revenue into some cattle, are their days inevitably numbered?

also i think its crap that a powerhouse club like flinders park get to just randomly drop their cgrade, they should be made to fight it out and endure the sludge at the bottom of the ladder.

kilburn too, they dug the hole their in, make em stay in div 3 and a bye in reserves. no matter what happens theyre set for relegation to div 4 next year and if they cant keep the club alive by summer 2015, withdraw the affiliation totally and bring 3 clubs up to div 4 next year
by marbles
Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It would be a shame to see BOS drop off because they are a quality side and have been for a number of years. I know the games against us in the past were beauties. Really enjoyed the build up to the game and also the game itself. One of the big rivalries in the SAAFL.
Who are you kidding, both of you have only been around for 5 minutes?
by Mr Beefy
Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Rosewater v Angle Vale
West Croydon v Central United
Lockleys v Blackfriars
Mawson Lakes v Mitchell Park
Ingle Farm v Fitzroy

There's a tipping thread now ya douche! 8)
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:Has Mawson Lakes uploaded the team on the SAAFL website? Cant see who's lining up in any of the 3 grades.

Obviously not then
by Phantom Gossiper
Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also, since there's ROund 1 happening tomorrow, have we had any resolution on the club's sagas?

Are Flinders Uni, Mitchell Park, Kilburn, Angle Vale and Brahma anticipating fielding 2 teams tomorrow?

Have just noticed both Mitchell Park & Kilburn have named only 10 players each on Sporting Pulse :(

Don't stress about reading too much into that in Round 1. Just means that clearances/new registrations haven't cleared their way through the sportingpulse system yet

Should be more than enough, cos our opponent hasn't named any. :D
by Yank Man
Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ouch!

......the B Grade lost by 37 goals
That's ridiculous.

And to all those who thought we were talking sh!t and dropping grades was the easy option...
I still believe you should have been made to tough it out in Div 4 for 2 reasons. When you were thrashing teams with all your imports that was fine but now take the easy option and not go down the hard way. Secondly now a club whoever that maybe who finishes 9th is unfairly relegated imo.I know you will think its sour grapes Browny but you have to do the hard yards on the way down,after enjoying the good times on the way up
by TIRED TIGER
Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They'll last.
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hear it's arthritis as a result of old age...
by Q.
Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your guide to ANZAC day matches

Was once a special day to play. Now seems more unique to play on the Saturday. Should only be local rivalries or GF replays. Some of the games being played are just ridiculous.
by beef
Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All I know is "morell's time of the season" where it's all of a sudden too cold and miserable for training has approached far quicker this year.
by morell
Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Arch44 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Why are we talking about div 6 closure in the div 7 thread? *sigh*

I'm quite happy to talk cricket with PG instead ;)

In the cricket boards or via PM I hope ;)
by heater31
Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To be clear, there have been no misdemeanors, or at least, the specific accusation of stacking our c grade 18 months ago is a complete and utter fallacy.

Well done to the West Croyden FC for a good day yesterday, top bunch of blokes, and understanding of our current predicament.
by morell
Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i dont think ingle farm could ever fly under the radar not as long as these forums are running :)

ingle farm are already favourites for next years flag :D
by Robb_Stark
Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a load of shit the last 3 pages are. The system won't change get over it :roll:
by carey
Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Still require tips for this week from:
@X Runna
@Lightning McQueen
@carey

Ease up turbo! I was waiting for the teams to be released and the markets.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri May 02, 2014 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Home schooled? ;)

No.. but to be fair I was 25 and it was yr 6/7 chess :P

I hear Year 7 was the best 3 years of your life
by Senor Moto Gadili
Fri May 02, 2014 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wingfield Royals Up & About

Saw a club go down by 41 goals yesterday, but i also saw a little tiny club of about 20 blokes face the 3rds side of a div 1 powerhouse club with about 500 players & 5000 supporters

anyways a little bit goes a long way, and those little battlers out at wingfield can use a boost. no website no online social network presence

So for all current members, past players, supporters, family members and friends of the Wingfield Footy Club please LIKE the club's new Facebook Fan page here...
https://www.facebook.com/WingfieldRoyalsFC

http://i.ebayimg.com/04/!C!(snbwCWk~$(KGrHqZ,!jgEzrtDqfF0BNCp(yMd-Q~~_35.JPG

You went home with a 41 goal thrashing, but on behalf of the Henley Football Club we also donate this helping hand to further unite your club and bring your community together

Cheers Alex Kinlough
by marbles
Sun May 04, 2014 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Go home to shower? Don't you blokes like getting nude with each other?
by test
Sun May 04, 2014 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The_Informer wrote:you need to warm up at the home teams end?

You have "an end"?! :shock: :?
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue May 06, 2014 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's all irrelevant. No-one is beating Rosewater. Unless they all get on a plane and crash into a mountain or something.
So we should just forfeit this week and save the risk of getting injuries/reports etc? Give me a break. Anything can happen in footy as proven to us in the Bgrade last week .

That only happened cause you warmed up at the wrong end!
by the milky bar kid
Wed May 07, 2014 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FFS Box - you of all people should know what happens when people mouth off about on field incidents.

If it's being investigated, STFU. :?
Please refrain from revealing other users identities going forward, thanking you ;) :P

LOL you a beauty Riddle, there was nothing in the incident as the Lakes coach has said to Arch44, was just in the play!

Lakes were just lucky that the game ended that way as West Croydon had them covered in my opinon.
by The Informer
Wed May 07, 2014 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FFS Box - you of all people should know what happens when people mouth off about on field incidents.

If it's being investigated, STFU. :?

oi, im not talking about the broken cheekbone my dear!! just the friendly banter that was going on before the game with the taking of ends lol hahaha get a kick Box and Morgan isn't a girls name ;)

What the???... you on pain killers morell. I'm really interested in the warm up of ends. Am I presuming West Croydon warmed up at the southern end at Lakes or am I missing something, 'please explain'. :D

Rose Lakes get upset if you take thier area.
by Dr Phil
Wed May 07, 2014 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:
Dr Phil wrote:

:lol: I have been made aware of this and has been noted for future reference. They come a cross as a precious lot ;)

No worries Dougy :lol:

And Dr.Phil stick to watching Power games during the footy season
by Milly
Thu May 08, 2014 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:lol: I have been made aware of this and has been noted for future reference. They come a cross as a precious lot ;)

No worries Dougy :lol:

And Dr.Phil stick to watching Power games during the footy season

And Dr Phil get some new cricket shoes for next season pal, surely you know you cant wear black!
by The Informer
Thu May 08, 2014 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keep him banned past Saturday so he can't put his tips in! Lol :lol:
by carey
Mon May 12, 2014 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Phantom,

Just a quick one for you................ Oh Hang on that's right LOL =)) =)) =))
by carey
Tue May 13, 2014 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biggest Rivalries on SA Footy

hutchy v rita
rose lakes v carey
bara stick v the world
by Dr Phil
Fri May 09, 2014 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Top work Arch, good stuff :lol: =D>
by Footy Chick
Wed May 14, 2014 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

alot of meetings, they might make a decision eventually.....................................................
by RHM 17
Thu May 15, 2014 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |