Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: Rnd 10 - Sturt v Norwood - Post Game

I'm simply relying on SANFL website from 3rd quarter. I've seen plenty of SANFL games where the umpiring blatantly favours one side and then after the damage is done mysteriously swings back to end up less statistically significant. Wouldn't rule it out......
by SANFLnut
Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - Eagles v Sturt @ M.Thiem Hyundai Oval (Sun 22

ORDoubleblues.. I was standing about 50m away so I cant give you an exact dialogue on what went on, but I will say that 2 weslo and 4 police officers was certainly over kill.. They spoke for about 10 minutes, fairly calmly, then 2 older blokes were evicted, and the police bloke was casually chatting to them on the way out about the footy and how Sturt were going this year so they were obviously co-operative.. Of what I could hear coming from the Sturt cheer squad, these blokes looked the least threatening of everyone present, but someone must have reported something for Weslo and Police to get involved, although im not sure who because between where we were standing and where they were, there was only a handful of people
One was overheard saying to the other that is was good now the reserves are in our league. The police got involved as he was obviously under the influence of Class A drugs and Alcohol.
by johntheclaret
Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - Eagles v Sturt @ M.Thiem Hyundai Oval (Sun 22

The blonde cop, didnt play a massive role, but was fairly easy on the eye I must say, definitely the highlight of the day for this Eagles supporter
by human_torpedo
Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Qualifying Final - Norwood v Sturt @ AO (Sat T 30/8)

Going to be hard for Sturt to win this, we always struggle to overcome the flooding, dour football of Norwood and West. We have some players that are woefully out of form and some that just don't seem interested in doing the hard yards.

LOL!! Dour, Strut have averaged about 4.3 points per game more than Norwood.

We look forward to maintaining that average and winning a dour struggle by 4 points then :lol:
by mots02
Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

How do the Eagles have any cap space for all of these new recruits after signing Wundke, Ainger and Boyd recently? They haven't really lost many 'big earners' have they??

Grocke and Powell would be the only significant players who have finished up. I'd imagine Wundke, Ainger and Boyd would be playing for the love of that yellow jumper as opposed to any financial incentives.
by Aerie
Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bruggemann staying at Alberton confirmed...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2756/
What bullshit did they spin to him this time? Maybe they sent S.Summerton around to his house to have a chat....

No SANFL club wanted him prior to 2014 (or obviously not enough to get him to sign), why should he leave?

So he can be picked on merit and not based on what AFL listed players are available?
by Grahaml
Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty sure he knew the deal when he signed up and was probably expecting to spend the bulk of the season in the SANFL reserves. Why didn't any other club pick him up first? I assume the Eagles cut their ties with him but any scouts out there would have had to be blind not to see him. He absolutely tore it up for Mallala last year.

It doesn't matter that the Eagles didn't pick him up. What matters is what the club that picked him up did with him for the most important game of the season. I'm sure the fact that he "knew the deal" was consolation to him...

However, his decision to stay reflects a strong character, so good luck to him.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jackson O'Brien has returned to Central after a couple of years playing with Angaston in the Barossa...

Was a midfielder recruited over from Tasmania who ended up having a few off-field issues but has got himself sorted out now, by the sounds of it...

I mentioned that one either on this thread, or another.
Was a little surprised by how little comment it generated.
I'm not sure I'm happy with this. He had his chances.
I'll drink to that!
by CENTURION
Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He'll be top of the pops at West then ;)
by Dogwatcher
Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Lots of Booney's in the sea.
by CUTTERMAN
Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |