Search found 437 matches

Return

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket 2020-21

4/60, the Redback gene kicking in I see. Ferg out for a duck.
Why the f*** would we elect to bat? green deck, shit weather, did they want Monday off?

Thought exactly the same thing when they did that. Both other games (TAS and NSW) they elected to bowl. Sayers and Worrall must have been scratching their heads, finally the ball is swinging all over the place and we elect to effing bat!! They continue to amaze the old Redbacks!!
by Eagles2014
Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cruising at 2/115, now 9/149 just like that FFS :oops: :oops: :oops:

One wonders how a road can continually turn into a mine field when we bat :roll:

You couldn’t make this shit up!

Were some shocking dismissals!

Head and Scott got terrible decisions, can’t do much about that, and Worrall was burnt by Ferg with a run that was never on.

Agar had no idea with the ball from Swepson but he is a Number 10 at best, Sayers could say the same thing.

Hunt, Bosisto and Neilson were just disgusting shots, and McInerney was not much behind them. Four of your top six batters should hang their heads in shame!
by Eagles2014
Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

No comps at willunga for atleast 2 weeks, until further notice, but can still play recreationally.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk What's the reasoning?

Nothing released by Golf Australia yet...

Grange still have comps, just cant touch flag and rakes removed. Score own card or do the app like most do these days anyway. No comps just makes no sense :shock:
by Eagles2014
Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rule Changes Season 2021

More 50's for an inconsequential ruling/umpires interpretation of a subjective rule, YAY!

I really do wonder if they think these things through as to how they'll be taken by the general football watcher? Ok, obviously not.

Gotta feel for the umps, as they are the ones that cop all the abuse for paying soft 50 metre penalties, but the AFL are the ones that make up these crap rules and get them to enforce them. Players are dumb as dog shit too so they wont learn and there will be dozen 50's paid a game for this! :shock:
by Eagles2014
Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Have to laugh at all the people on the News saying how great it is to be back to normal, how hard we have had it, blah, blah, blah.

Melbourne did it tough, six months of it. We were locked down for a day and a half for God’s sake, hardly doing it tough!
by Eagles2014
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2020/21

whufc wrote:I'm so out of the loop when does the first test start.

Thursday Dec 17 in Adelaide at this stage.
by Eagles2014
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

heater31 wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:So are we back in Lockdown yet? Community sport not recommencing on Dec 1? What is the big announcement??
QR scans to enter venues starts December 1.

Excellent
by Eagles2014
Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 2020/21

Chris Lynn and Lawrence broke COVID protocol and left their bubble to have a beer last night. Allowed to play, but have their own change room and can’t sit with team on the bench. What an absolute joke this has become! Time to remove these bubbles the teams are in, the Aussie’s were all out having tea together the other night, randoms around, nothing said. The inconsistency in rules is ridiculous :shock:
by Eagles2014
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Anyone have mobile phones on Optus. We are unable to make phone calls at the moment, wife and daughter also have mobile phones with Optus and cant make calls either. Anyone know of any outages with phone systems? Tried contacting Optus via chat as cant ring them obviously but that was useless and got nowhere :evil:

From their site:

We are currently investigating an issue impacting some Optus mobile customers making and receiving 4G voice calls.
Your mobile service may be interrupted during this time. We'll let you know when everything is back in working order.
Try setting your handset to 3G, or enable Wi-Fi Calling. Use our device guides if you need help with these steps.

I knew I would get an answer quicker on SA Footy :D Cheers everyone.
by Eagles2014
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

TDJ44 wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:Our recruiting so far has been very underwhelming

And others have lost lots

The problem is we finished 2nd to last and our squad is weaker.
If we don't recruit some quality we will finish last.

But at least you have a coach who all the players want :shock:
by Eagles2014
Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Looks like a dramatic day at Glenelg. West Torrens 5/38 chasing 206 with two players potentially not batting due to injuries in the field.

Partnership of 132 between Fisher and Short, then got there 6 down with an over to spare. Piece of cake.

That will sting for the Bays.

Was one of the most amazing wins have seen, besides a couple of miracle wins in our Triple Premiership year few seasons ago. With six or eight 1st Grade players unavailable, had very young side. Young 17 year old fast bowler James Reuther did his collarbone diving to save four and did not bowl an over, Sibley tried a caught and bowled that Sayers whacked back at him and broke his finger badly. Both went off to hospital.

At 5/38, basically 7/38, and with Slee a genuine No.11 who can’t bat at all, really we were 8/38. Sayers was on fire and Pudney bowling very quick, we were literally gone. Fisher loves the white ball, only player in the comp who has made two centuries in 20/20 comp, but this was his first A Grade ton, Murphy Short made his highest A Grade score also after playing in Crows trial game on Thursday to be a top up player next season, and the big 19 year old Pom, Sean Hunt stuck around with Fish.

Was basically season over if we lost, after dropping Cosi five times last week and playing dreadfully, so was great comeback. May come back to haunt the Bays as going to be tight for 4th spot with Kensington, Adel Uni and East Torrens just about certainties already.
by Eagles2014
Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Considering they only made 36 in their 2nd innings last Test, maybe we should declare and have a crack before Lunch :shock:
by Eagles2014
Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RustyCage wrote:Batsmen letting us down big time. Did last Test too.

Warner in for Burns
Head will be lucky to keep his spot

Have not scored over 200 runs in either Test, not going to win too many matches with that effort!!
by Eagles2014
Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 2020/21

How does Matt Short continue to get a game for the Strikers?? He must have pictures of Dizzy or something! Tim Nielsen keeps giving him a contract year after year and can remember him playing one good game in all that time :shock:
by Eagles2014
Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone know what the ladders are for the T20 and One Day competition after this round? Also, what happens to the teams allocated a bye in those competitions?

Will try and work out once all scores in and bit more time.

Basically, they work it out on percentage of games played. So a team that wins 3 and loses 1 has 75%, gets in ahead of a team with 3 wins and 2 losses and 60%.

With West Torrens, if we win the 20/20 on Tuesday against Prospect (without Drew away with Second X1 and Fisher away :( ) and then the One day game on Saturday against Southerns, we would be 4 wins and 1 loss, 80%, and should therefore make semis in both. Lose them and be 3-2, 60% and come down to run rates which you do not want!
by Eagles2014
Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

back89 wrote:Going to be very hot for a and b grades playing Saturday and Sunday 39 and 41 degs

Make it another one day game :D
by Eagles2014
Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

daysofourlives wrote:Go out on 49999, sort of like Bradman, never to be heard from again

That’s quite funny Daisy :D
by Eagles2014
Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At least they have already won against the top team, with no play likely tomorrow the rest of the games will be draws, so just as good a result for Kensy as the outright.
by Eagles2014
Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Uni 280 in the one day final
Kens 3/171 after 34 overs

Good game

19 needed off 3 overs. Doyle on 59. Kensington should win from here. 5 wickets in hand.

Presume Nick Winter injured himself? Only bowled 3 overs.

Kensington win with 8 balls to spare. Great chase under lights. Nick Winter did a hammy with his first ball of fourth over. Have to think that cost Uni the match as he would have been hard to face under lights compared to the spin of Bosisto.

That’s one flag each this year, probably play the decider in the 2 day Final also.

Just shows how hard it is to win the Triple Premiership, have to be a great team to achieve that feat :D
by Eagles2014
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was a great final ball of the match by Sayers, that could have popped up anyway. Every player around the bat and it falls safely :shock: Sums up the Redbacks season!

Credit to WA for the declaration, set up an exciting finish.
by Eagles2014
Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SA win toss and bowl. Debuts to Corey Kelly and Hatzoglou. Grant 12th man. Last chance to win a trophy this season in this comp :D
by Eagles2014
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All eyes on Campbelltown Oval this weekend

165 University (play Prospect in final round)
165 Kensington (Northern Districts)
145 Glenelg (Woodville)
140 West Torrens (East Torrens)

140 East Torrens (West Torrens)
115 Sturt (Southern Districts)

Sturt are on 135 points, Premiership table not added in their 20 points from yesterday yet. Tight four way battle now for two spots.

Long term forecast has fair bit of rain for Saturday which throws another cat amongst the pigeons!
by Eagles2014
Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tony Clifton wrote:72 overs, 294 ahead.

Probably batted on longer than we wanted to after losing wickets this morning

Pretty generous target, if Warner gets going will be a piece of cake :shock:
by Eagles2014
Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spiderman wrote:Eagles 14 take your bias somewhere else please honestly mate
We don’t need it, you are a has been and always will be. Blokes with one arm have played higher grade cricket then you keep your mouth shut cheers

Have another beer mate :shock:
by Eagles2014
Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bradman Medal limited to 7 per Club and stand up cocktail evening. Blaming costs. They charge Clubs for tickets anyway, bizarre decision.

Team of Year Prediction:

Bailey Capel (WT)
Will Bosisto (UNI)
Brad Davis (ST)
Sam Kerber (UNI)
Mark Cosgrove (ND)
Jake Brown (KENS) - Capt
Isaac Conway (PA) - W/K
Corey Kelly (ST) - A/R
Ben Turley (WOOD)
Max Parker (ST)
Lewis Hatchett (SD)
Joe Medew- Ewwn (PA)

All rounder was hardest to pick, had Daniel Drew (WT) in till last round but think Corey Kelly gets the spot now.

Looks like a pretty strong team there; one finalist without representation though. Was Glenelg's team performance more even throughout the year, with no one standing out?
Cheers

Exactly BP. Glenelg have done an amazing job, looks like they have won the Club Championship, only Club with all four teams in finals. Leading batter was Ben Bullimore with 491 @ 61. And he did not have a great year by his standards, last two innings of 110 not out and 98 not out made it look better (was about 280 runs @ 35 before that which is average). Next was Winter with 330.

Bowling had Pudney with 20 wickets and Bowering 18, again way off the top guys. But they have different players step up at different times when needed, sign of a good team.

Kensington the same, only had Jake Brown in after the weekend, they would have had nobody either and probably the best team in the comp. Sturt have three, but rely on those players massively and struggle if they don’t perform.
by Eagles2014
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Mother in law lands on her broom tomorrow lunch time. Miserable git father in law should remind me I'm fat, at least once. They're bringing kids from the estranged brother in law for a swim, I'll probably have to get in the pool as the pool toy and miss my Saturday pub trip and won't be able to watch the races. How good?

This been posted in wrong thread, should be in "things that give me the Shits"??? :D
by Eagles2014
Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Day 1 cancelled in Shield match Redbacks vs QLD.

I know COVID affected the program, but why they have so many games in QLD this time of year when always wet is a mystery. That is nearly four matches in a row up there with hardly a ball bowled. Should have just played in sunny Adelaide!!
by Eagles2014
Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big night back at Parkinson Oval tonight, lost all four Grand Finals today :shock:

Two flags each to Uni and Glenelg.
by Eagles2014
Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3 - COVID is back

Armchair expert wrote:
locky801 wrote:are we about to see the 2nd 100 point drubbing for the round :shock: :shock:

If the Power keep this up, yep

Port have had two easy wins against wooden spooners in North Melbourne and bottom four team in Essendon.

This is totally different kettle of fish and showing big time at the moment.
by Eagles2014
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3 - COVID is back

Nic Nat giving Ladhams an absolute clinic at the centre bounces
by Eagles2014
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 4

Big DBJ fan but the poor bastard must have nightmares about getting stuck 1 out with Dusty
Haha bang on, i cant remember any player being caught in that position as often as dbj.

But he rightly gave Motlop a spray as his kick out of defence was a shocker, straight to Tigers player who kicks to Martin. DBJ should not have even been in that position!
by Eagles2014
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 4

This is harsh maybe, but getting bit sick of Rozee, think he is getting bit big for his boots. Classic was that goal, sprints away from Grimes, kicks the goal, then all of a sudden he is playing up his injury and limping like a big sook.
by Eagles2014
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rumour is 10 cut from the Redbacks :shock:

Ferguson, Cooper, Sayers, McInerney, Davis, Valente, Robins, Bosisto, Drew, with question mark on Mennie as well due to his family situation in UK.

Don’t know who they replace all them with - Kerber and Gibson apparently will get one.

Rumours still about Conway and Renshaw coming here too. When is Tim Neilson being cut as well????
Surely there is fallout from the season just gone.

Couldn’t agree more. Never seems to be held accountable. He is Head of a High Performance, I know several contracted Redbacks who he has not spoken to once this season. That is a disgrace. He has signed Harry up for three more years with Redbacks and Strikers, time now to just FUKC OFF and start with a complete fresh approach.

Valente has said Gillespie has his favourites too and if you are not in that group he doesn’t want to know you. That is poor as well!
by Eagles2014
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Last night at our end of season Cricket Club presentations I was awarded with Life Membership of my beloved North Haven CC. It's a great honour to be recognised, I absolutely love my club and being the Cricket Nuffie I am I absolutely love the game so this means more to me than anyone will ever know.
What's even more special is I've now become one of six men to become both North Haven Cricket Club and Football Club life members.

That’s an awesome achievement, to have had only five people in the past shows how hard it must be to attain, requires dedication twelve months of the year without a break, you should be extremely proud, Well done!
by Eagles2014
Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL ROUND 6 Deliberation

Gold Coast v Sydney is interesting, Franklin, Hickey, Heeney and Rampe all missing. Could they? Take it you haven’t seen the Gold Coast much this year. They are utter garbage. Sydney should still have more than enough quality players to take care of them comfortably

I have, they fought hard against West Coast in Perth, pumped North and then lost to Adelaide, Carlton and the Bulldogs pumped them in Melbourne. Lack of big men will hurt them and while Sydney have surprised us the 4 out includes 3 of their most dangerous.

They might.

Was a great call Booney, well done :D
by Eagles2014
Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Bowlers have now released a joint statement saying they weren’t aware of any tampering that day.

"That day" - interesting choice of words! What a surprise they said this :shock:
by Eagles2014
Tue May 18, 2021 6:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 US PGA

Can't say I have ever been the biggest fan of old mate lefty over the years. But credit where its due, he gutted it out on a bloody tough course, kept it in play, for the most part. Koepka will be disappointed in his final round, think he hits back next major. Oosthuizen, on his day the best player on the globe, apparently he is one of the few who does not believe it though. Should have won more over his career.

Brooks choked plain and simple, although predictably the commentators brought up his recent knee surgery in the final couple of holes after not mentioning it all tournament.

I love that brains and experience, even on these tough long courses, can still win the day.

Oosthuizen puts himself in so many good spots cause of his tee to green play is the best in the business, can't putt for shit though.

MIckelson still got he power which helps him keep up with the younger players. He has always had an amazing short game which helped around this course, his up and down saves were just ridiculous. On the 16th hole he drove 366 yards to go past Koepka, was the longest drive on the hole all day (even beat Bryson), pretty incredible for a 50 year old!!
by Eagles2014
Mon May 24, 2021 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Reading the Ammo threads on a Saturday night when Bedge has obviously had a big night :D
by Eagles2014
Sun May 30, 2021 12:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 11 Lets get flexible

Jack Riewoldt with Mark of the Year, courage and skill.
by Eagles2014
Sun May 30, 2021 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Long Grade cricket fan, first time poster! Very good point about (2) Billy. I know most people bag uni about poaching other players etc but they do multicultural diversity better than any other club in my opinion. There is a stark difference in having diversity at the club (eg. Woodville outsourcing their 4th grade) compared to having multicultural people part of the club. Watching the indigenous talent on display last night in the AFL, I wonder how we attract cricket to the young indigenous youth of today?

In terms of the upcoming season, I can't see too much change at the top of the ladder.

Predictions:

Bradman Medal: Ben Turley

Bailey Capel to debut for the Redbacks

Glenelg to win 2 out of 3 A grade premierships on offer

Might have to reevaluate these tips :shock:

Chadd Sayers returning to Woodville.

Massive loss for Glenelg, their bowling line up been their weakness and doubt they win any premierships without Sayers unless they recruit a couple.

Also kills Turley’s chance of winning the Bradman with Sayers bowling thirty overs up one end every match :D

Big shock this, must be getting some good coin to return!
by Eagles2014
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Ollie Robinson banned for tweets he made 8 years ago

Cancel culture at its best.

Oh look, this guy is now famous, lets trawl through his online history and find some questionable jokes he made as a teenager and hold him to account today....

What was acceptable 10 years ago is totally different to what you can do today.
Every generation gets more progressive, and that's good for society, but to dig things up from the past and judge them against todays standard is a bit unfair imo.

Totally agree. Someone been holding onto that for years waiting till he plays Test cricket, then out it comes on his first day of his first match. Absolute load of crap :evil:
by Eagles2014
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R9 Centrals v Eagles Saturday 1410

Just saw the incident on facebook :shock: .

Very surprised he is appealing...for mine 3 is on the lenient side.

Extremely reckless, high, and swinging arm resulting in injury.

Cant stand when someone tries to complete a football act eg sheppard and they essentially get belted

If he is appealing they should increase the penalty to 5 games like it deserved, whacking a young kid is despicable. Hope he gets what he deserves.
by Eagles2014
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 13

Those two misses by Isaac Smith and Gary Rohan could come back to bite them :shock:

Need to grab your chances when playing interstate and easy set shots need to be kicked!
by Eagles2014
Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 13

Boon’s favourite Kane Farrell had a shocker (besides GOTY candidate), and just because you have only had three kicks for the night, don’t take the kick when you are concussed/winded, then butcher the kick and cost a goal :shock:
by Eagles2014
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From WT FB page:

Very pleased to announce another gun recruit for season 2021/22 with the news that Sutherland District Cricket Club & NSW leggie Daniel Fallins will join the Eagles.

Dan has a very impressive bio having already taken over 200 1st Grade Wickets in Sydney. Early in the 19/20 season, he made his limited-overs debut for the NSW Blues, and has played at domestic level in all three formats of the game.

Fallins is no stranger to Adelaide as he made a fantastic First Class debut in 2017-18 against the touring England side at Adelaide Oval, claiming 5-73, including the wicket of England captain Joe Root.

Daniel is making the move to SA with the goal of playing a lot more State cricket and we are keen to see him achieve that in the very near future.
https://www.cricketnsw.com.au/.../dan-fallins.../2017-11-09

I think Fallins may be the missing link. We have been lacking a decent wicket taking spinner since we sent Dom Bess off to get an England cap. No point making 400 plus runs every match if you cant bowl teams out.

Good move by Fallins to come to SA, Redbacks have no spinners on their list bar Pope so if he can get off to a great start he may find himself getting a match for them.
by Eagles2014
Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL ROUND 16 ARE WE OR ARENT WE

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:richmond - rabble
gold coast - bad kicking, bad footy

Richmond will no doubt still get up and win, but seriously, how bad are they playing at the moment :shock:

Gold Coast should be five or six goals up, dominating them but missed some absolute sitters, will come back to bite them in the end!
by Eagles2014
Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

Wedgie wrote:The umpires wore white for the grand final because of this issue, I don't know why they don't do this every game.

Maybe they could wear pink like the rugby refs?
by Eagles2014
Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This latest outbreak due to people coming in from Argentina due to compassionate reasons.

On a general level, although harsh don't think anyone should be given these exemptions. Sure, you feel sorry for the families, but we are in a pandemic and this is just part of it. They show people on the News wanting to get home to see dying relatives weekly.

Problem is by allowing it, now millions of people are affected thru no fault of their own, instead of just the families that are obviously doing it tough. As hard as it is, don't think any exemptions to return to Australia should be granted as all our outbreaks are due to this.
by Eagles2014
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: International ODIs

Australia finished 9/252. Were 4/218 and cruising, Walsh took next five wickets as we lost 5/34 :shock:

Three debutants - Phillipe, Mcdermott and Wes Agar.
Felt like the rain delay stopped our momentum, and then after the break Carey just couldn't get going.

He should've put away that stupid lap shot and just looked to play conventionally.

Agree, plays that stupid shot way too much :roll:
by Eagles2014
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc be happy, country people can get financial payments now, not just hotspots. Common sense for once!
by Eagles2014
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |