Search found 16 matches

Return

Re: HFL Country Division

New poster and jumpring between the country and central threads as new to hills and finding my feet on where to send my lad to play and who to support. As I said in the central forum theres a lot going on in this league and I see with some dismay and interest being from a small town that Sedan Cambrai are struggling and were voted out..what affect does that have to a small town and community with a netball club that follows the footy. Is the towns and league so cruel to chop an entire town out because they cant fill a junior team. I see that there are rules but rules do need to reflect what is happening in small communities and be able to adjust. Do central clubs or country only clubs vote on such important decisions like this?
I feel for Sedan Cambrai as a community as in winter what other choice of sport do they have? Certainly doesnt sound like the people who voted them out where thinking about being inclusive and giving as many players as possible a go at playing football for their local town.
But hey what do I know, I am sure I will learn more about the ins and outs of this league as I get to 'shop' around..!
by wazzal77
Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

this Sedan thing has me interested, I feel like travelling out there to support them! Have checked the A grade results and see that they have won 7 A grade games since 2010 and most were against Callington which I understand Elmer is now part of your club.
I admire any club that has been able to still hold itself together to even field 2 snr teams - it shows the level of support that this club has from its community.
by wazzal77
Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Understand your view Cracka, I cant think of an example where anyone, anyteam or any company needs or wants to bend to appease one. But if Sedan have fielded 2 x teams, and now they will only field 1, that means 20 (I suppose?) drop out only two months out from the season starts? I obviously dont have a lot of context here re history. But I still cant figure why a club who has too many for Div 3 cant be in Div 2.
I get the sense here it is about juniors as you have said, so if thats the biggest issue removing a club because of lack of junior participation is a slippery slope. What other clubs with small populations with negative growth are there and face the same thing...do these towns have soccer now, if not will they as you only need what 7-10 to play? I see the challenge, but removing a club with what understand is able to fill 2 teams back to filling just 1 I dont think is the answer. I dont know enough to give advice on what that answer is, but clearly there are real issues here if this is the only solution that has been adopted by the clubs. I heard on the radio this morning the vote was 8-7 to demote SC (this prompted me to join the forum). This leaves some clubs not putting a vote forward, this doesnt appear right. such a decision like this, which is so close shouldnt have fence sitters, and if there are fence sitters then I would say that these voters werent convinced that demoting SC was the right thing to do (at this point in time anyway).
by wazzal77
Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh really, not full teams hey? If they got flogged but still turned up I admire them! Certainly not the HFL fault, they are isolated and no matter which they turn they will face issues (Barossa too strong, Riverland Independant too far and a lot of teams on brink, RMFL too strong) so they are probably a square peg in round hole.

It was mentioned in previous post issues in Div 2 is juniors but the Hahndorf club were filling their junior spot where they? How come that doesnt work then? Or is that the Clubs dont want to travel to Sedan and/or want a more competitive A grade side?
by wazzal77
Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is Bridgewater going to do a Mt Lofty this year in Div 2, or will last years runners up Nairne be in the box seat. I see Kersbrook always appear around the mark. Is it going to be 3 horse race or is there another Div 2 club ready to pounce? Theres been a Div 1 anaylsis which was a great read, how about one for this Div?
by wazzal77
Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

I can't believe this thread has not had any moderation given the litigious nature of what is being said about the guy. I must admit the circumstances don't add up to me, despite the full page story in the Courier, I am not sure I buy the "story" as it's been told to date. What we have here is a guy in his mid twenties, who after 7 years has got sick of his job, and chucked it in. But because he is a "footballer" he must have done something wrong, and illegal to boot. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't but until the full story comes out the speculation is just that... speculation.

I dont have enough fingers and toes to count the number of times that I have got sick of my job and felt like chucking it in. And there hasnt been any 'story' about it except that I have just got sick of it. Corona Man you are right, its all speculation and thats why these forums are 3/4 BS and 1/4 meaningful content. Cant wait to now read a purposeful post about footy this season. I havent heard much about Ironbank lately how are they shaping up..they must be hanging out for a great year after some promising glimpses.
by wazzal77
Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If I were Hahndorf would be disappointed at losing but would not want to go through the whole year undefeated.. May do the team well and dies the comp a favour. If it is true that a Uraidla player exposed himself then that is indefensible. Footy has moved on from foul behaviour like that and the HFL should be investigating without hesitation (HFL officials reading this?) and suspending the player and fining the club. It is actually exposing himself in public so the police could also be involved.
by wazzal77
Sun May 29, 2016 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty safe to say that none of you are going to convince on of you to change their mind on their points of view. But surely the one thing we all must agree on here is what happens on field stays on field and when the last siren sounds it is all over. For any spectator or official or god help us a COACH to approach an opposition player is just not on. That is why the league (and Im sure Clubs) have processes in place to follow the appropriate protocols. Has a report been made to the league on this? If not, I hope that the officials from both clubs involved have sorted it out amongst themselves. Footy (and sport) creates a lot of emotion, lets hope whatever happened to who has calmed down after a good nights sleep!
by wazzal77
Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We all have our opinions on the way we would handle it, sometimes in desperation of an outcome we go down a path that may not be ideal, but it would appear from previous years of posts around permits this matter is not a one off and has been festering. If thats the case then sometimes getting it open in a public forum like has to happen to effect change. It sounds like it may have worked! As long as things get sorted for the better.

I cant understand why - just like a clearance - applications for permits and reasons given why they are allowed or disallowed arent made public on the HFL site - it would provide complete transparency then?

And for the record, I have no connection with the board, anyone on it or any HFL Club for that matter! A keen footballer observer!
by wazzal77
Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a Grand Final day. You have to love local footy. A big crowd, well behaved even! Well done to Lobey in hosting, what a great ground to view the game. And it wasn't as boggy as I thought it would be. As for the result wow what a last Qtr! I thought it was going to be nail biter in the last Qtr. It probably goes to show how good Hahndorf are, a dominating last Qtr performance. They had quality all over the ground and when some of TV quality players went missing they didn't have the answers. Congrats TV on a good effort and well done Hahndorf on a great effort. They also win the Bs, 17s and 15s. Gee what a day for them..
by wazzal77
Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NORTH EASTERN F/L

Good luck Blyth,. Google his name and look for the offences which he was involved with whilst Echunga. I wont say anymore, if you dont have anything good to say then dont say anything, so I wont say anything .....
by wazzal77
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Echunga only had one team missing the U18s. It is up the Clubs to approve or deny the Board just implements the Constitution. Echunga may have been able to show that their junior numbers coming up into U18 next year would see them fill a team so if thats the case its a sensible decision.

If theres other Country Div clubs that have the quota of all teams then why not let them play Div 1.
by wazzal77
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to Nairne, for their food and drink set up. Terrible conditions for the hosts.
So Lobey get it done, well done to them. Corona man Echunga didnt appear so careful throwing stones, didnt your Bs fall arse over in the GF onky recently lol.
Are we seeing a changing of tye guard in Div 1? A cracker finals series in both comps.
by wazzal77
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nairnes rise and kicking bags of goals would have a lot to do with delivery to Hourigan. Since Hourigan moved to Nairne he hasnt been anywhere near the dominant player that he was when he was at Hahndorf and thats because of the delivery. Nairne have recruited and the ball is getting to him to his liking and the results are showing that. Whether Nairne have what it takes to topple Hahndorf only time will tell, but I wouldnt be ruling Nairne or Mt Lofty out as potential premiership material.

Side issue, I would like to hope that there are already discussions and planning taking place to make sure that the Grand Final is at the Summit this year. If the HFL and Clubs are serious about using an AFL quality ground, it needs to happen. Grand Final venue every year for the Country and Div 1. By 1 July, ask all clubs to put their hand up if they want to host the grand final at the Summit. A random draw takes place and then that Club has access to the Summit clubroom say from Thursday or Friday until Sunday 5pm. Allow them to go in stock fridges set up and they take all the takings and the gate goes to the HFL like it always does.

And the A grade teams playing on GF day have access to train at the Summit, the team finishing higher has Thursday night and the other team Tuesday night.

It is absolutely ridiculous if the GF isnt played there. And if clubs complain about not getting a Grand Final at the home ground due to lost revenue, surely there options like this one I have suggested?
by wazzal77
Tue May 30, 2023 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So who decided the Summit wasnt suitable? The illustrious leader of the HFL, the board and/or the clubs?

A total copout to blame others for not working a solution.

Yes theres work to do, but to throw your toys out cot and blame others is not going to get anyone anywhere.

Disgraceful and disgusting that in all likelihood the best surface is not going to be used for the Grand Final.

It would be interesting to know what discussions and proposals there were to make it work.

No offence to Kersbrook or Lobey, they have terrific grounds and Im sure will do a fine job. But … the best ground is where it should be held.

A nice touch for the HFL to disable Facebook comments so noone can question them.
by wazzal77
Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Why don't the Div 1 clubs merge with the Div 2 clubs

Good point - but I suspect some time in the future these smaller clubs will begin to grow. As Mt Barker gets too big, and employs more people, the smaller towns around will be attractive for families to move to rather than live in suburban Mt Barker.

I think the two divisions should be run totally independently like in the Riverland. Div 2 take control of their own destiny and make their own decisions and choices and leave Div 1 to their own. Ive heard two sides that the HFL is always dealing with Div 2 clubs complaining about Div 1 clubs and vice versa. Split the leagues and if clubs want to switch across then they apply. If clubs want to merge, then it has to come from them, however the HFL and SA CFL should provide them financial incentives to merge if thats what they want to do (grants for guernseys, legal costs for new constitutions, management assistance ) but the league shouldnt force mergers. Its not business, its a not for profit community club, "owned" by its members.
by wazzal77
Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |