Search found more than 2911 matches

Return

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

It's funny how people will always try and find an excuse to make it be ok for someone to strike another person.
I have quite literally NOT seen ONE comment where someone has condoned or justified his actions.
So even though people say they don't condone his behaviour one bit. But then go on to say he shouldn't have been gobbing off or he's a bit of a d#@khead or the runner needs to harden up. End of the day striking someone because of words spoken isnt appropriate behaviour in today's game and blokes need to have thicker skin. No matter the opinion of the bloke who's being a d@#khead.
Yes, that's right.. you're getting the gist of it now, except no one is justifying the hit.

End of the day it takes two to tango.

Kershaw was out of line, did the wrong thing, duly punished - and copped fair bit in the media and from those who comment - as a result.
Umpire did not need to gob off, whether to Kerhsaw or anyone else.. **** me dead just do your role instead of being an antagonist.. especially considering he used to be an umpire FFS!
Umpire showed genuine flog behaviour IMO by continuing to milk it for all it's worth with the charges.
by The Bedge
Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 5

Happy birthday to perennial pest and one of Kenilworth's (least) favorite sons - LK 8)

Have a great day old man.
by The Bedge
Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Finals Round 1

Like Wedgie, Geelong just didn’t turn up for 4 quarters.
by The Bedge
Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Obviously can never make up for losing a flag, but reckon Kenilworth would feel pretty chuffed and gain some degree of vengeance being the side that stopped Lockleys progressing to the major round this year.
by The Bedge
Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Poor units, I get it’s a long bus trip out to Kenilworth… but was always a chance, and you’re at the bottom of the food chain so get what you’re given.

Surely most players can just call in sick, take an annual leave day or for those who don’t work, stay off the beers & Xbox for the day.

If you wanna play, you’ll make it happen.
by The Bedge
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA

Just went to the PDCA web site to see if a new president had been appointed and found the most unprofessional thing the association has done in years. All they have done is to strike through (crossed out) Quinny's name. Surely they could have removed his name and replaced it with something like 'to be appointed'. Bad play.
Out of respect for Quinny, I think they should leave the position vacant this season, allow him to hold the title but add a cross or note in the yearbook marking his passing.

I’m sure Curry, Clarko, Duncs & rest of the committee can carry / delegate then brunt of any presidential responsibilities over the season.
by The Bedge
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:Daisy not in today? Getting vaccinated?
Wedgie dropped the ban hammer

Asserted his authority.. like that security guard at the footy Friday night. 8)
by The Bedge
Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You sound like a pack of sooks. Oh you got to travel for your Friday night final - boo ******* hoo!

There are sides outright clear in 5th position who have been denied the chance to compete and no doubt would love to be playing.

First final for Units in what like 10yrs? Would’ve thought you’d spend the week embracing it instead of crying like a baby.
by The Bedge
Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Robran wrote:Make sure you grab the day pass think you will be able to get back as long as before midnight, value for buck those bus day passes well they were 15 years ago.
go the units all the best.

It'll just be a trip back to the city, and off to the Woolshed to celebrate (hopefully) 8)
by The Bedge
Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Finals Round 1

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:Good leaders don't keep doing stupid shit.

I think Wedgie has copped enough for his Friday night antics.

I'll decide when he's copped enough.. there are years and years of crap to make up for here :lol:
by The Bedge
Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 4

Footy Chick wrote:
Dutchy wrote:From my understanding the league has reported both and are up tomorrow night.

Tonight? ;)

Since he posted yesterday, then yes, “tomorrow night” would now be “tonight”
by The Bedge
Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Get less punishment for being drunk and disorderly, throwing beers at the footy.

Forums slowly dying, more personalities gone. :(
by The Bedge
Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is it true daisy was banned for life for posting COVID Memes?
No. It was for spamming, just a temp ban, he was warned.
His message to me afterwards on messenger might incur a follow up though!
Was funny seeing a pic of him, looked exactly like just every anti vaxxer I've seen rallying does! :lol:

Also, I have been warned about allowing false information on here too, it happens everywhere and mainstream social media is already cracking down on it for the possible repercussions, I don't apologise to anyone for that when at the end of the days it's my balls on the line and not theirs. And it certainly wasn't my intention when I created the site that people would use it to spread false propoganda.

If you don't like that then don't come here, simple.
Apologies, but that's a fair load of waft.

For starters, who gets to decide what is "spamming" and what isnt? It's not like he's going into every thread with a copy + paste filling it with his shit, he kept his views the the appropriate thread.

Then warning about "allowing false information on here" turn it up, 90% of this forum is bullshit - not sure how you can be help accountable for what his own opinions formed are? I always thought the discussion on the COVID thread between him and others was pretty good - not everyone agreed of course, which made it more enjoyable.

Hardly felt he was spreading false information, and that you were assisting to facilitate it... and if you felt that strongly about it, then Apache would've been shown the door also for his YT links and fake news articles.

Rightly or wrongly, his opinion was his opinion and should've been allowed.
by The Bedge
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well about a month to go until season kicks off.. wont lie, genuinely have no interest this season.

Started getting some texts last few days from players - forgot just how dumb our players are.. dunno if I can handle another 6 months of them :lol:

In other news, good work by ATCO with their efforts kick starting juniors again - that's where it's at! Who cares about 20 blokes at senior training.. gotta build up the kids.
by The Bedge
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

S Demon wrote:Anyone know how much it is to get in to a Prelim this week?

$10 Adult
$5 Concession
15 & under Free
Kilburn Attire Free :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton

amber_fluid wrote:We’ve got a no dickhead policy at Carlton ;)

Well that's a lie. :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Booney wrote:Daughter / boyfriend issues. Nothing sinister, just a bit of a rough patch, hard watching on and not being able to do anything.

Hope you and your boyfriend can work through your issues, same with you and your daughter.
by The Bedge
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

I sat on it for a while - my conscious was kicking in saying don’t be an arsehole Bedge. :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lutheran worst supporters getting around.. followed closely by Flinders Uni.

Oh dear the carry on from the crabs faithful.. you literally won a knock out final in the lowest B grade div in the Comp. Yuck.

Units were shit for 6/8 quarters but did enough - their A grade showed true grit and heart, would’ve been easy to roll over when down by a sizeable margin and having only kicked 1 goal in a half, but didn’t. Gatto in the third was inspired, Spike put the side on his shoulders and Abbott was WOW!

CU did everything they could to lose it but still found away. Beautiful.
by The Bedge
Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hector wrote:@ The Bedge....what is Hope Valley's BBQ like?

It’s not bad, get there holy grail burger if they have it.

Chips and gravy is a winner also.
by The Bedge
Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sticks28 wrote:Glenuga* thanks

Glenunga*

All that money on education wasted. 8)
by The Bedge
Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Central United vs Brahma lodge grand final jeepers couple nice clubs there - central United supporters seriously fkd group - would hate to play the them bunch of serious grubs
Arrogant **** from the affluent areas like Mitcham love taking cheap shots at the likes of Units.. then cry like babies when there is retaliation.

Units have a “passionate” group of supporters - and a few straight up spastics - but opposition sides love winding them up then when they cop crap back they pull the feral card.

Do yourself a favour, don’t watch the D7 final next week - go watch Mitcham.. oops.. they ain’t playing..
by The Bedge
Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: THE BIGGEST CHOKERS OF THE SAAFL

Mr Beefy wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Pembroke OS [emoji38]
Does that cancel your previous Smosh comment?

Throw enough darts, bound to hit the bullseye eventually :lol:
by The Bedge
Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did they have lots of injuries in the A Grade this year or were the A grade out of finals contention very early on.

Is it unusual to see only 5 blokes that hadn't played A Grade throughout the year.
To play finals, you have to play a majority of your matches in that grade i.e. 50% - there aren't many on that list that perhaps were loaded up - Henshaw played his 5x A grade games through the middle of the season, started with 5x B grade games and finished with 3x B grade games.

Marshall played the last 3 games in the A grade but had played 6 in the B grade before hand.

Jess Nilsen was in and out of the A grade.

Daniel Johnson perhaps, he played last 9 games in the B grade.

So many guys with 1-2 or 3 games in the A grade.. not unusual for this level i wouldn't have thought.
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I did enjoy the B grade Friday - rolled up to have the Units coach ask me if I'd come to learn something about coaching from him.. :lol:

It was umm.. insightful.

What I found interesting, was I asked a Units supporter what they thought of the 3/4 address - they thought it was really good. :?

I know you read this stuff too DJ - so below is a snapshot of games played by the Crabs, to debunk your theory that the league allowed them to drop 10x A graders for the final..

Flinders Uni.PNG
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Those American College football pre-game songs / entrances.. few have been popping up on Facebook, they're brilliant!
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Flinders in the ressies particularly have been a walkover for many years.
I found this genuinely surprising. Took all of about 5min to realise they were the better side on the park.

They were fitter (well at least more agile), appeared to have an understanding on the way they wanted to play, and some sort of a game plan as opposed to Units.

They moved the ball inside well, spread hard from the back flanks, and they pushed up well behind the ball. The only area that really let them down was their ability to capitilise inside 50. They could've easily been further in front at 1/2 time.

It shocked me to learn Central United were 16-0 heading into the match - on paper I recognised a lot of the names, and a lot of good players.. but having not seen several for a long time, geez they've stacked on the kgs. They played a very yuck brand of footy, everything was slow and down the line, missed 9/10 targets, applied zero defensive pressure.

Matt Purcell kept them in the game, and Frith was the only genuine marking target they had.

Crabs played well.
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To be fair, there are plenty of people who don't know the rules or properly understand them, and they rely on those giving them the information to know.

It's astounding how many people i get each footy / cricket season that ask questions that seem so simple and they should know the answer - or questions they've asked several times before - but reality is it's not their livelihood, they just rock up and play so dont invest time in learning about things that don't have relevance to them most of the time e.g. finals qualification.

On the other side, there is also still that element of "us vs them" that a lot of people or clubs have, or that the world is out to get them - case in point the reaction to where finals venues have been.
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats HBF.. welcome back to the 'burbs! Sly dog with your cryptic post yesterday. :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Happy birthday CoronaVirus Man.. have a great day!
by The Bedge
Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dont want to be a geek :-B but here is the relevant section of Flinders Park FC's constitution.
I just know that their constitution is available online
So in a nutshell they can re-sign their current coaches (or potential coaches) during the season for the following season, and if they want a new coach, then they can advertise by whatever means they choose practicable at the conclusion of the season?

Essentially it's not "constitutional" to advertise for the sake of advertising if you've got your man already.
by The Bedge
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

I rate just knocking off work and opening my first beer for a 5 day weekend!
4hrs later than usual.
Yeah, was supposed to work till 10pm but I soon told work that wasn't going to happen. ;)
Watching from home so only the dog and the wife can kick me out during the game. :lol:
BedgeBet has $1.80 that’ll happen too hahaha
by The Bedge
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

cracka wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Brahma most feral supporters ever

Don’t @ me

Are you at the game. Could have gotten nasty in the crowd at half time. Brahma B graders got mouthy to a couple of Central supporters.

Yeah.. but you’re only half correct - Brahma B grade v Eastern Park
by The Bedge
Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Flags or not, Brahma are still a shit football organisation
by The Bedge
Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Bedge wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Sticks28 wrote:whats everyones thoughts on who will take out div 4 this year? I've seen a few games this year and I reckon morphy park look the best team in the comp for me. & i reckon pembroke in the B grade

A - Morphy Pk
B - Walkies
C - SMOSH

One step closer…

Nailed it.
by The Bedge
Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What that the game was played South and there was still trouble
Mate you miss the point.

Cry like babies the game is so far away, and there’s trouble. Then you try and flog it off that “oh well there was trouble anyway” .. “shouldn’t sell booze”.. “should have more security”..

Take some ownership and responsibility - today is why the games are south to try and mitigate the chances of it happening. Move today’s game to Salisbury and it would’ve been x10 worse.

No issues at other GF’s with the same setup.

About time clubs North of the CBD stop acting the victim and smarten up.
by The Bedge
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

Lightning McQueen wrote:Good to see Port chasing a big named forward in Finlayson.

yes, 9 letters makes him one of the biggest names.
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Counting will serve no purpose in 20 years anyway, all shopping will be done online and a calculator will add up the 'total' cost, you will pay by either punching your card details in or a pay wave of some sort. :lol: :lol: ;)

Just like there will be no need to learn how to write in future years. I mean my 12 year old doesn't even take a pen to school, everything she does is on her laptop. In face they are planning on going paperless within 5 years for 'environmental' reasons.
Its so sad on both levels - cash helps learn value of money instead of just swiping a card and not realising the impact.

Similarly with handwriting, it's a beautiful art form when done right, and everyone should learn how to write print and cursive.. like a cricket scorebook how good does it look when scored by someone with neat tidy handwriting.. thing of beauty.
by The Bedge
Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: European

This is great cricket entertainment!
by The Bedge
Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2021/22

Good 100 by Carey, great to see and well timed with doubt over Paine.

Poor output by the Redbacks, but not ready to turn on them just yet - that’s a bloody good side WA put out
by The Bedge
Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Going to be a long season if your shit in a two day comp team. At least your going to get two bats every week. :lol:

700 overs in the field for the year would drag on though ;) :lol: :lol:

As much as I don't like the one dayers they were always a bit of a relief when you were in a crap team.
6 team divisions should end up being a lot closer competition in theory, so not sure you'd see massive blow outs (yet to be seen though).

On the upside, if you're really poor and get done outright in one day, you get rewarded with a week off the next! :lol:
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Dear me!!

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/dismissed-batsman-out-batter-in-as-mcc-approves-gender-neutral-terms-20210922-p58tz3.html

When will holding the man be removed ?
It'll happen, it's challenging umpiring women's footy at times with the correct terminology.
Just call it "holding".
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Coaches wont be able switch the ball to the fat side soon....

Open side* ;)
by The Bedge
Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Old_mate21 wrote:Who is coaching Fitzroy?

Daniel Pigliacelli
by The Bedge
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Champ

Trader wrote:Champ is condescending.

Righto champ.
Settle down champ.

Correct.. hence why it's so good to "champ" blokes. :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Walking to cricket training last night, saw this in the distance at the bus stop - happy family, girl flying a kite, thought promo for the new housing developments around the area.. then as I got closer I saw the the writing.. :shock: :lol:

WTF.jpg
by The Bedge
Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2021/22

helicopterking wrote:Why does Travis Head continually bowl himself, before actual spinners in the side.

Coz Pope is shit
by The Bedge
Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Champ

Booney wrote:Bra-f*cking-vo mate....I've dined out on this irony alone for too long.

Thanks for joining me.

Alright, settle Champ. 8)
by The Bedge
Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

Season to remain 10x team comps.

Divs below:
Divisions.PNG
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mycricket.PNG
by The Bedge
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |