Search found 11 matches

Return

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

At the start of the season if you'd said The Jets would finish between Goodwood and Henley.. you'd have thought they'd be having a pretty good year :)
by BigB
Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

I think you're placing too much importance on the "home game". Players couldn't give a toss where they play. I know I don't.
Unless it involves 2+ hours of travel, then it wouldn't even matter.
Plus, on the flip side. If your argument is true. Nothing better than if you are lucky enough to win an away game, and then you come home with a wet sail and play more games at your "fortress" in the 2nd half of the season.
by bird of prey
Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2018

Start of current stint in Division 1:

Goodwood Saints - 1991
Rostrevor Old Collegians - 2012
Tea Tree Gully - 2013
Adelaide University - 2013
Port District - 2014
Payneham Norwood Union - 2015
Prince Alfred Old Collegians - 2016
Henley - 2018
St Peters Old Collegians - 2019
Brighton Districts and Old Scholars - 2019

Goodwood Saints the only club to remain in Division 1 throughout the entire Semi-Professional era (1996-present).
by Look Good In Leather
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2019

PAOCFC have just submitted new plans for their gin palace (as named by the Advertiser)

by Jimmy_041
Wed May 08, 2019 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2020

Always love getting a pre finals prediction corret 8)
Gonna be hard to split these 2 sides to be honest. I think maybe Goodwood by a couple.
Will be a cracking game if the weather stays good though
by bird of prey
Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 1

Whats the deal with sporting pulse ? Worst scoring platform there is. Its been tge same rubbish for a few years now. Surely the league can spend some coin and improve the system
by Point man
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 1

Goodwood by 8 goals over PNU.

Margin flattered PNU, could have very easily been 15 goals
by jo172
Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League - Division 4

Im waiting for the year when all the P teams are in the same div :lol:
by Footy Chick
Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League- Division 1

I played in the game, for Goodwood, but I felt the first one was super dangerous and we were quite shocked there was not even a free for sling tackle. The 2nd is clear as day as its out in the open but umpires didn't want to call either. For us the unfortunate part is the players suffered concussions and as a team with only 3 on the bench (dumbest rule in the league), we were down to 1 on the bench for 3 and a half quarters. Not an excuse as to why we lost, we weren't good enough but it makes no sense why we don't have 4. Considering that safety of players surrounding concussion is such an important issue.
by Footy Jet
Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best / Consistent Clubs last 10+ years

Goodwood have been a div 1 club since 1991 or 1992 from memory
by Bluedemon
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2022 Adelaide Footy League- Division 1

Need to treat the Old Colls sides a bit different on that basis.

For simple reasons of the flow of juniors backwards and forwards PNU and TTG are going to develop a close relationship with Norwood, Glenunga with Sturt, Brighton with Glenelg, Goodwood with West etc.

Obviously it's never going to be perfect, but for example, if someone gives Garry McIntosh a call and he looks good at a couple of PNU trainings he tends to find his way out to Norwood pretty quickly.

Not like in the olden days, when we would have kids on the sturt list wanting to play with us but Sturt would make them go to Scotch OC

On this my impression is that the SANFL Clubs seem far far less minded to encourage players to return to anything other than their junior clubs.

Think they've worked out the importance of the symbiotic relationship/risk of biting the hand that feeds.
by jo172
Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |