Search found 25 matches

Return

Re: ASCA

Tony Clifton wrote:
whitepointers wrote:Woodcroft leaving to create Christies Beach and Seaford Districts Cricket Club in the GSCA

Wow!

Does that take in Seaford Rise Cricket Club as well?

Yeah.
Woodcroft and Seaford Rise merge...play at Seafords Ground but after game drinks at Bice Oval.
by whitepointers
Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R4 Sturt v Port Wednesday 1310

I will also say that some other clubs could take notice of the catering at Unley.

The club has made it well known to their supporters they want patrons to have a good choice of food available and to not run out of cold beer.
This has been evident for 3 or 4 seasons now and this is true.

Some grounds I have been to have provided just your normal bbq, which is fine, but if I am going to pay $7 for a beer I want it cold and available after 3 qtr time.

Today the crowd exceeded expectations I think and still they were stocked with cold drinks of all choices until the final whistle.

Maybe if some other teams had this attitude their attendances, particularly the home supporters may go more often.
by whitepointers
Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Decent whack on the club, not so much against the players but I reckon that's fair enough.

I hate seeing people not playing who want to be playing.

Naming false players in 7 minor round games, a semi final and grand final is pretty big I would've thought.

Not much worse in cricket than deliberately cheating.
by whitepointers
Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fair effort in Section 5 on the weekend.

ICC Sharks 4/234

def.

Port Noarlunga 21

J Brooker 8.5 overs, 6 maidens, 10/6.

I don't care what grade you're playing, taking a 10 fa is outstanding.

OUCH.... I thought this may have evaded the forums. :-)

This effort was on Day one of a 2 dayer (29th of February), He went wicketless day 2 :D

Jason bowled very well day one from the Southern End of the Port and had the perfect breeze. Being a left hander, he was swinging the ball in very late whilst bowling an immaculate line and length. He was very hard to face. Whilst Porties had a combination of a few youngsters making their debut and some old timers punching above their weight, his spell of bowling was outstanding and his 10 wicket haul thoroughly deserved.
by whitepointers
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Gday folks, G jr is looking at playing Under 10s this season, and we are currently assessing clubs/comps.

Thoughts on the ATCA junior setup?
Which area? Are you from down south?
Reynellas junior program is pretty popular.

Bingo, went to the info night, he'll start training next week I believe. Actually will be U/12s, misses the Sep 1 cutoff by about 3 months.

Having played against Reynella in the old SCA for many years I can assure you that your lad is going to a very good club.
by whitepointers
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

If you go by the points of the compass in the city then things work out thusly:

North-west: Port Adelaide & Woodville
North: Northern Districts & Prospect
North-east: Tea Tree Gully & East Torrens
East: Kensington
South-east: Sturt
South: Southern Districts & Adelaide
South-west: Glenelg
West: West Torrens

Eight clubs. The stand alone clubs all pick up a bit of territory. The clubs in bold already have women's teams so only two to go.

Uni miss out. Can join their football teams who don't play SANFL.

Country zones allocated as well:

TTG/ET get Riverland, Murray Towns CA and Torrens Valley CA
PA/Wdv get Eyre Peninsula and Upper North
ND/Pros get Barossa
Kens gets Hills CA
Sturt gets Alexandra & Eastern CA
SD/Adel gets Great Southern CA
Glen gets South East
WT gets Yorke Peninsula and Mid North

Curious as to why clubs deserve zones?
Some clubs may put time and effort into their local clubs, but others certainly don't and don't deserve the local kids being zoned or loyal .
by whitepointers
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He's just stating a fact.
Zero presence in their zone.
History

Needs to be irrelevant to any future
:roll:

Its not a relationship that local clubs need to repair. Instead how about they engage with their community and then they might gain some support and respect.
There's that open mind and forward thinking that makes SA cricket great! :D

*If* premier cricket goes through its biggest ever upheaval and multiple clubs get forcibly merged, resources are pooled in greater concentration at fewer clubs... then you'd hope that they'd run better. Things done wrong previously start being done properly.

However if even after all that there are stakeholders holding grudges from previous years and don't see this as an opportunity to start afresh then sheesh, let's cancel the sport.

Likewise if grade clubs who have had poor/non-existent relationships with their zones and ended up struggling and merging as a result carry on in the exact same way then we're stuffed as well.
As an active volunteer of a community club south of Bice Oval for a long time, I can tell you the involvement from SDCC towards local clubs has been zero for 20 years. We encourage all our kids to go to SDCC if they are good enough. As far as I am concerned our club is active in trying to engage our local district club but it isn't reciprocated.
Some kids drive past Bice Oval and go to Glenelg as they feel the coaching is better and it's a more welcoming environment.
Glenelg through Graham Sedunary have done more for our girls cricket than any other... Indeed we have more girls who have played at Glenelg or Brighton than SDCC.
A few of our kids also go to Reynella as they want to play turf, but not at Southern. Having played many games against Reynella I can't recommend them highly enough either. Great club.
SDCC through Grant Lovelock ( great guy ) often communicate that they want to engage with us and other local clubs, but it never happens.
If that is a lack of resources I am not sure but I can assure you that if they had more of a presence then they would benefit greatly.
You mention about moving on and not holding grudges... There is no grudges.. just stating how it has been the last 20 years..
I hope SDCC stay at Bice Oval as the area needs to have a district club in the area, but they do need to do things better locally.
As it stands now, If I had a talented kid who wanted to play turf cricket, I would hate for him to be zoned as your proposal suggests.
I would take the extra trip and go to Glenelg or Reynella.
by whitepointers
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7 Sturt v Centrals Saturday 1310

Well done on the win to Centrals. it would've been unfair if they had lost today.
They also showed great respect to an opposition player after the reserves and league games.
Sturt were "outworked" today and it was a very disappointing loss.
by whitepointers
Sat May 22, 2021 11:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Long Grade cricket fan, first time poster! Very good point about (2) Billy. I know most people bag uni about poaching other players etc but they do multicultural diversity better than any other club in my opinion. There is a stark difference in having diversity at the club (eg. Woodville outsourcing their 4th grade) compared to having multicultural people part of the club. Watching the indigenous talent on display last night in the AFL, I wonder how we attract cricket to the young indigenous youth of today?

In terms of the upcoming season, I can't see too much change at the top of the ladder.

Predictions:

Bradman Medal: Ben Turley

Bailey Capel to debut for the Redbacks

Glenelg to win 2 out of 3 A grade premierships on offer

At my club we have a couple of Indigenous players.
One has a father with extensive coaching interstate in an area with a large Indigenous population.
I asked the same question as to why there aren't as many playing cricket as there was AFL and the reply was that the games go for too long.
Given that reply I think the only way of getting more involved is to promote 20/20 cricket to them.
by whitepointers
Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We apologise for the delay in getting this out to Clubs, however with the Withdrawal of Sides from Section 2 (Belair & Punjab Lions) and a number of clubs presenting concerns about their capability to sustain sides in Section 2 this season. The Executive has been looking at various options as we couldn't have a 4 Team Section 2 Competition.

We have come up with a 16 Team Combined Section 2/3 Competition that will split for Finals. The details around how this will work will be confirmed when confirmation of Grading for the Season is sent out.

Currently we have 78 Teams that have confirmed in the last 24 hours for this season. At the moment we have 6 Teams in Section 9, which the Executive will look at, but we felt the need to get this information out to clubs for feedback couldn't be delayed any further.

We have done everything we could to try and achieve the requests that we have had from clubs and largely we have been able to achieve this.

If you have any major concerns, please let us know as the sooner Grading is locked in the quicker we can produce the Fixture and release to clubs.

Thanks
by whitepointers
Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Draft Grading 2021/22
by whitepointers
Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can't understand how HV section 4 semi finalists can drop down to section 6, and their section 9 team, top all last season before losing semi drops to section 10?
HV also initially asked to go to Section 4 this season after being relegated from Section 1.
Must be massive player losses to request such drops in grading.

Judging by the emails being sent by various clubs about this topic, the split Section idea isn't a popular one.
For the record, Porties have spoken about the possibility of asking to go to a Section 3 under normal circumstances.
We've lost a hell of a lot of players the last 4-5 seasons, most of them our best players, and our depth is severely depleted.
We've got a great junior program, but getting the kids to play seniors is a task in itself.
State wide the drop off rate between 16-23 years of age is 85%. We don't even seem to be getting them between the ages of 16 and 20.
So our club keeps living in hope and sticking it out waiting for kids to take the spot of over the hill hacks like myself but how long do we wait for ?
Anyway, we've decided once again to tough it out and be put where the association wants us too and if that means another tough season in Section 2 then so be it. Since joining the ASCA from SCA we've seen too many clubs take a really soft option on their cricket and where they play and i'm hoping we don't have to ever resort to that.
by whitepointers
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Section 2 will be 8 teams this season as per normal.
60 overs per team in 2 dayers.
by whitepointers
Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gradings for Season 2021/22
by whitepointers
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Moe wrote:Morphettville Park started well in section 2.
Tansell and Taylor been handy inclusions

They had probably one of the better bowling attacks in the association without Tansell last season.
Should be favourites for promotion to Section 1 this season I would think.
by whitepointers
Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Dark Knight wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:what grades are Kenilworth playing in this year?
Kenilworth are in Sections 4, 5, 7 and 9.

Hopefully they all play under their correct names.
by whitepointers
Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great game in Section 2 - Sheidow Park vs Port Noarlunga.

Sheidow chasing 209 made it 6 down with 3 overs to go.

Harding and Kilderry gone cheap gave Porties hope of an upset victory against the team which were easily the best in the Section all season but they were just too good in the end.

Unfortunately Porties lost 2 of their first choice players the night before the game to COVID which could've made a difference but it wasn't to be.

Porties have no excuses and their hosts are a good club.. I wish them all the best in the final
by whitepointers
Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 Sturt v Glenelg

What's up with the Oatey stand, all fenced off and semi dismantled?

Stage 2 of the Oval redevelopment I believe
OK thanks.

Well that was an odd game. Both teams were good, really really good, but when they were bad they were horrid...

Given the weather I was expecting a larger crowd.
Glenelg normally travel to Unley in good numbers but I thought they were well down today.
Sturt as well but moreso Glenelg IMO.
by whitepointers
Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to Russ Curyer on winning his 3rd Section One MVP.
by whitepointers
Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Don't let playHQ scare anyone.
Yes the Insurance and IT costs are a bit steep, but a person can play as a fill in for one game without having to pay the fee.
After the first game, they will need to pay the costs, but a club can set up any sort of registration they want.
At Port Noarlunga, we have offered a 3 game package that works out to $10 per game which covers ball fees plus the insurance and IT costs..
We also have options for Life Members at half price, students too old for juniors but playing seniors, the options are endless.
Get your club up to speed with play HQ and you'll realise that you don't have to have the entire season fees as the only option.
by whitepointers
Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gradings for ASCA Season 2022/23
by whitepointers
Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Blame the clubs Moe, not ASCA.
They can only be guided by what clubs tell them.

If you were unhappy with Happy valley in Sect 10 last season, I look forward to you meeting Warradale .
B Grade teams in Section 10 is a joke... soft option at the highest level
by whitepointers
Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think the current format is ideal.
Gives everyone a bit of variety.
But to be taken seriously, if you're going to propose a motion at the AGM, at least get the Associations name right.
by whitepointers
Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is the North Haven team in section 9 their D grade or C grade?

There are 4 x C Grade and 2 x B Grade, 2 x D Grade and 2 x E Grade teams in Section 9
B grade teams in section 9!
C grade teams bad enough, but for a club's 2nd best XI playing against a club's 5th team is an absolute idiotic scenario

Warradale and Afghan A Grade in Section 8
I pity the ASCA Committee that have to consistently put up with clubs taking the option of not knowing if they are genuine or just wanting an easy flag.
Maybe in the future they should just leave it to promotion and relegation and not be so kind to clubs requests.
by whitepointers
Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |