Search found 451 matches

Return

Re: CDFC 2021

Big Phil wrote:
whufc wrote:Expects to see Menzels back but never went as far to say as they are 100% definites.

Hearing there are a couple of clubs circling.

Eagles approached them but Troy seems to be 100% staying, Dan a little iffy but friends of his have told me he's staying.
Time will tell.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

Magellan wrote:For ages I've wanted to use his name in a rack-and-pinion steering pun, but could never make it fit.

well you can now, he's racked off!
by gazzamagoo
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's the diff! :D :D
by gazzamagoo
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If they do go as supporters we have every right to be spewing .If they are only interested in money then all the talk about loving the club is rubbish and if they want to be money hungry then we will lose them.Secondly where are the Eagles getting all this money from, with allegedly a lower salary cap

In this case, it may be West who are making the play on Dan (in particular).

We talk about it just being "only the money", but in the case of Daniel, like Gibbs, he is fresh out of the AFL system and it isnt easy to find a job without any experience in any trade or profession.
Maybe we dont have to feel sorry for their plight, but its a reality that to suddenly find yourself at 30yo and unemployed with no likely prospects, its no wonder they are looking to get the best deal they can.
And often it isnt the money, but the role they want (as with Gibbs and the Development Role he has taken).

Rest assured though, the Dogs WANT Dan to play and are working very hard to make things fit.

It's interesting that at Centrals we have seemed to really struggle in recent years with finding players decent jobs. Throughout the 2000's this didn't seem to be an issue.
Our "Cash Cows" are no longer with us.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Holden has gone obviously BUT We have a new major sponsor in the wings. Plus we have X Convenience.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

hollywood7477 wrote:Geez didnt take long for all the sooking to start again. The broken record has been fixed and its back on repeat!!!!

Isn't it funny that we never see an opposing opinion from a Port supporter.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think Thommo wants to invest in up and coming players, rather than spend too much money on players with 1 or 2 years left in them..............that's if they don't break down.
The very reason why Butcher went.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogs64 wrote:Nothing yet about the Menzel's in any form of "coaching" role?

WHO?
by gazzamagoo
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The one small worry I have is that I keep hearing Boyd was very vocal about his disapproval of the old coach.

In the same sense Boyd seems to be a very polarising character. Given his history of packing up and moving around clubs he should be the last one looking to 'out' a coach.

The bloke can play but whether its coincidence or not success seems to allude him wherever he goes (apart from one premiership in arguably the most dominant sports team on the planet at the time) teams don't tend to take the ultimate prize.

Boyd was also commonly mentioned as leaving because of Laird. There seems to be a pattern starting.
Another good thing about Thommo, he's already addressed this issue with James, in a more cordial fashion than the past, Jimmy took it well & is keen to play next season.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I 'd say roughly 2015. Just a guess of course.
I reckon everything's fine,
sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, it's only a game,
I'm happy, I've personally witnessed 9 GF victories so far,
personally I can't stand watching most games these days but I still financially invest in my club,
what about you, troll boy?
you seem to be full of opinions & advice about everyone's club & players but we still don't know where your allegiance lies.
fess up.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keeping the AFL happy is who's priority?
The SANFL is no longer the SANFL, it's a puppet of the AFL,
we have the players they want & a very handy competition for2 AFL sides to try out their players,
let's face it, we're being used,
if the SANFL was serious, it would tell the AFL to remove their 2 sides & if push came to shove, we would tell the AFL to bugger off & go it alone.
We could do it but the SANFL as it appears right now doesn't want to do that.
Because their number 1 priority isn't the 8 SANFL clubs.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SANFL clubs cap is $210,000?
Goldsack's salary is??
by gazzamagoo
Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Toner was never the same, after he damaged his knee cartridge
by gazzamagoo
Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I saw Toner as he was leaving the club, he just waved and said "I'll be c'yan you later"
by gazzamagoo
Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Poor bugger has a cold,
he sneezed out loud in the club,
sounded like
NASHUA!!
I said bless you.
by gazzamagoo
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2020/21

Are slow over rates really that big a blight on the game, from a spectator point of view.

If the commentators didn't mention it could you honestly tell or would it impact your experience watching whether they bowled 14 overs in the hour or 12.

To be honest I don't mind if it takes longer, means I get to keep the tv remote for longer and can scrape a few odd jobs in between without missing too much.

But seriously do you actually sit there getting frustrated because one over took 4:30 to be bowled not 4:10.
It's a big deal when the last few tinnies are pushing hard on your bladder
by gazzamagoo
Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

Yep, we're still waiting to win that elusive first ever flag,
if you don't include the 9 we won from 2000 to 2010
by gazzamagoo
Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Seems like even Gazza has given up....

Sorry, just got back from Robe,
drinking, swimming, surfing,
footy was the furthest thing from my mind :D
by gazzamagoo
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

James Boyd WILL be a Bulldog in 2021, WILL be attending our first training session next Friday.
by gazzamagoo
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stil very quiet, infact we might even lose one of our recruits Matt Neagle if we cant find him employment with about a fortnight.

I've looked at your sponsor list. Most have moved from SA or Australia. Playford council is broke. Maybe he can work at X convenience as a bowser boy. :D
And all our cash cows have died.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bat like it's a one-dayer, if we're still in at tea, declare, even if we only have a lead of 200, we can't risk a draw, it's win or nothing
by gazzamagoo
Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

India with more arse than Serena Williams.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Trial Games

Add them here as you hear about them.
So far:

Port v South
Thurs March 4
6.20pm
Alberton Oval

West v South
Friday March 12
Reserves 5.15pm
League 7.20pm
Richmond Oval

South v Central
Sat March 28
Reserves 11.30am
League 2.20pm
Noarlunga Oval

I hope you mean Saturday March 27

Bad enough having to go to Noarlunga but on Sunday even worse. Have we fallen so low that we organise a trial game at the farthest oval from home on a Sunday? Can't even get the small things right.

Dear me, you even have to bitch & moan about a stupid trial game.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Add them here as you hear about them.
So far:

Port v South
Thurs March 4
6.20pm
Alberton Oval

West v South
Friday March 12
Reserves 5.15pm
League 7.20pm
Richmond Oval

South v Central
Sat March 28
Reserves 11.30am
League 2.20pm
Noarlunga Oval

I hope you mean Saturday March 27

Bad enough having to go to Noarlunga but on Sunday even worse. Have we fallen so low that we organise a trial game at the farthest oval from home on a Sunday? Can't even get the small things right.

Dear me, you even have to bitch & moan about a stupid trial game.

Yep, only good thing about trial games is getting to see a tad of football whilst stashing in as many drink as you can because they never have the bars open.

I remember once upon a time when I cared about trial game results. Did Centrals win one between 2000-2010

Plus its not like we have any new recruits to go watch...……... 8)
we have several, about 8 I think.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep, now that restrictions are easing, a couple of players can now come to the club & be interviewed. If we can secure 2 or 3 more players in the next 3 to 4 weeks, things will be looking much better,
I'm wondering if we're still trying to re-recruit Buderick from the NT?
by gazzamagoo
Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

old news, move on
by gazzamagoo
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And now the sponsor's name covers the whole red hoop. Way to sell your soul. Grrrrrr!!

Why not take the hoops off the guernsey and just have the sponsor's name and call ourselves Peter Page Hyundai Bulldogs or PPHFC? (sarcasm)
Hmmm, new major sponsor covers one red hoop (in predominantly white) but still leaves another red hoop lower down the guernsey
OR
No major sponsor putting the club’s immediate future at risk...
gotta bitch about something!
by gazzamagoo
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And now the sponsor's name covers the whole red hoop. Way to sell your soul. Grrrrrr!!

Why not take the hoops off the guernsey and just have the sponsor's name and call ourselves Peter Page Hyundai Bulldogs or PPHFC? (sarcasm)

Have you ever supported Centrals?

Since 1964 as a 7 year old. Club member since 1978, season ticket holder since 1980's. Been to every home and away and finals game since 1973, missed less than 10 games in 47 years. Bought hundreds maybe thousands of dollars of merchandise and food at canteen and meals in the club, put money through the pokies.

So no I don't support Centrals, I'm a johnny come lately wagon hopper, YOU IDIOT!
prove it on here then.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

southernbulldog wrote:Looks like we are done with recruiting, unfortunately we appear to be miles behind the other clubs

not over yet.
We "entertained" a big bloke over the weekend, potential new ruckman, from NSW, others still being chased too.
Will know more after training tonight.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 SANFL Fixture

RB wrote:
am Bays wrote:Was the Magpies last game a loss to the Bays?

Nope, it was a win over the Bays actually. 7/9/2013.

I was there, in me Centrals clobber, with Eric.
by gazzamagoo
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID

Breaking their contracts with the SANFL,
boot them out.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seriously though, surely with the issues regarding the virus still, it would be madness to go ahead with the 2 AFL teams in the SANFL.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

all you can do is accept what currently is.

Yeah, or you can point out the utter stupidity of the decision to admit them, maintain your support for getting rid of them, highlight the negative effects they have on the league, point out the benefits of not having them in, à la the successful 2020 season, and outline how a future SANFL without the cancers would operate.
Exactly!
Why should I, or anyone else that loves the way the SANFL was, have to just cave in & "accept what currently is"
by gazzamagoo
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love the SANFL and want it to be successful as the main priority. I genuinely don't understand how it can make more money thus ensuring its viability without the $400k from the crows coming in though. I hate that the AFL is in the comp to begin with but that damage is now done and I can't see crowds ever increasing from here. The SANFL without a magpies side for everyone to hate/love is just bland.
But this hatred toward the black & white is completely different,
we hated the real Maggies because they used to beat us a lot,
we hate this maggies because it's not the old Maggies, they're long dead & gone, we hate this mob for the many legitimate reasons that we've been through a multitude of times on this forum.
by gazzamagoo
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't forget Chopin, Schubert & Beethoven!
by gazzamagoo
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As stated previously I don't like the placement of the major sponsor on our guernsey. I believe it has overwhelmed our design and taken over. With a little bit of cut and paste i thnk the attached image would be better and we would retain most of our desin elements. It's not ideal but I could live with this alternative. It's not hard and doesn't cover up the top red hoop and half of the white hoop.
send your suggestion to Kris Grant
by gazzamagoo
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Time to renew our memberships, the 2021 season is upon us & we badly need the money!
I've just renewed my membership & have also decided to take the plunge & sponsor a player,
Cooper Dahms, the pressure is on you now! :D
by gazzamagoo
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 SANFL Ladder Predictions

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Centurions
Powerserves
Hybrids
Panfers
Cocks
Cibo
Strut
Floods
Crowserves
Duds

Powerserves probably already have t shirts printed like their league team, but it's not to be.

I'm top!
by gazzamagoo
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Centurions
Powerserves
Hybrids
Panfers
Cocks
Cibo
Strut
Floods
Crowserves
Duds

Powerserves probably already have t shirts printed like their league team, but it's not to be.

I'm top!

Im sure it s not the first time you've come first

your missus been telling secrets again? :D
by gazzamagoo
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

As posted by DOC all South supporters and indeed all you lovers of the SANFL go to youtube to watch "SAFC Media Presentation of Behind the Game", this is an extraordinary insight into the club that would not only apply to South but all SANFL clubs. Its production quality is wonderful and exposes the professionalism that goes into an SANFL club. Brilliant to watch well done SAFC.
Agreed. I really enjoyed it and it was presented very well. Good initiative by the club.
Thanks to Doc for the link.
Loved the ending too!
by gazzamagoo
Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Groucho wrote:FINAL SCORE
PPHFC 5 - 10 (40)
Sturt 17 - 6 (108)

Great game 'dogs, I'm really looking forward to the season now, especially the bye and the split round. Keep up the good work.

Your negativity and constant moaning is draining.
STFU please
by gazzamagoo
Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Groucho wrote:Thanks, but sorry to say I was being sarcastic. Appreciate that you were being nice and not nasty.

well then, don't be sarcastic. Be positive!
by gazzamagoo
Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:Eagles
North
South
Glenelg
Norwood
Central
West
Sturt

Thought you might have had us a bit higher Gaz. You're normally the optimistic one of us lot. :D

Trial game form seems somewhat promising which is nice.

We will win more this year than last but not enough to make the 4,
baby steps.
by gazzamagoo
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 Port v Centrals Saturday 1410

[
Unlike you Captain whingey to not recognise champagne comedy when you see it.

You're not funny!

I'm sick of this constant bashing of me and the term whingeing.

Congratulations Doc you are now on my Official Hate List along with Goddy11 and Broadlach. I'm disappointed in you locky801 and StrayDog and also BulldogProu and Saintal for liking these peoples abuse of me.
Don't I get a mention too?
by gazzamagoo
Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep it's very difficult. Made harder by the fact that most have little or no skills (not a criticism just a fact of young blokes starting out) and employers are shy (at times) to put people on without it helping their business. Can't blame them.

Absolutely back in the day Centrals had a strong relationship with the Aquadome. It was a great relationship as personal training/health and fitness industry was a great way for a lot of these young lads to get employment. There was also the added bonus of the uni students being able to complete customer service type roles which fitted into uni well. The business gained the profile of having 'SANFL footballers' as part of their workforce.

I believe that relationship isn't very strong these days for one reason or another.
might have had something to do with the little weirdo that worked there, scared everyone off :D :D
by gazzamagoo
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm asking a question and stating a fact. How is that wrong?
Ok Groucho, I'll answer for you. BTW, good morning.
For starters, Jim is a Norwood supporter, not someone who SUPPORTS Centrals.
Secondly, the other comment was from someone who just made a comment, someone who doesn't CONSTANTLY go on a nd on and on with negative stuff, to the point that it drives everyone crazy & sometimes would prefer that you just logged off from this forum & didn't return.
Mate, we ain't gonna win every week, I wish we would but we never have! BUT when we lose, just remember, the players don't WANT to lose, they don't lose to annoy you, they lose because they aren't good enough. It's only footy, my autistic daughter hits the nail on the head constantly. Dad, big deal, why are those men just chasing a ball around. lol
We love the fact that you FOLLOW Centrals but more SUPPORT would be really appreciated,
thank you,
na noo na noo,
shuzbutt.
by gazzamagoo
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:Where's Coffe?

At Cibo on the Parade.

I'll see him this morning then! :D
by gazzamagoo
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R4 Centrals v Adelaide 2.10Pm Saturday

WHUFC who are the players apart from Boyd you are referring to .As for the game i hope we play like we did against North with plenty of run ,quick ball movement and take the game on.We showed last week that if we kick to 1 on 1 we invariably will lose the contest.Hopefully we can come away with a win .

From what I have seen on social media the following critism have been thrown regularly, not that I agree with the critism.

-Boyd departure
-Coff at Salisbury North/ considering whether his playing
-Obviously the loss of the Menzels
-Ongoing uncertainty about Connor McLean
is that it? Storm in a teacup, we knew before the season started that the Menzels weren't staying, McLean (without being rude) hasn't been a regular league player, Coff hasn't played for us yet, Boyd is the only surprise though. On the upside, some of the players that have been playing in the 2's are now flourishing under the guidance of the new coach, I still say we'll finish this season off much better than last season.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

WHUFC who are the players apart from Boyd you are referring to .As for the game i hope we play like we did against North with plenty of run ,quick ball movement and take the game on.We showed last week that if we kick to 1 on 1 we invariably will lose the contest.Hopefully we can come away with a win .

From what I have seen on social media the following critism have been thrown regularly, not that I agree with the critism.

-Boyd departure
-Coff at Salisbury North/ considering whether his playing
-Obviously the loss of the Menzels
-Ongoing uncertainty about Connor McLean
is that it? Storm in a teacup, we knew before the season started that the Menzels weren't staying, McLean (without being rude) hasn't been a regular league player, Coff hasn't played for us yet, Boyd is the only surprise though. On the upside, some of the players that have been playing in the 2's are now flourishing under the guidance of the new coach, I still say we'll finish this season off much better than last season.

I agree storm in a tea cup but surely could feel the mood changing on the social medias pretty quick from early optimism to people now critising the club pretty strongly again.

If we lose to Adelaide I reckon there is a core there ready to let lose...….ive already had people tagging me in the 'I told you so' manner when we lost to Port, one an ex official of the club.
Tell toxic people to f**k off.
by gazzamagoo
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Connor Mclean has been named in the league side at Full Forward for Central, great news for Connor!!
by gazzamagoo
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |