Search found 31 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2019

Lightning McQueen wrote:
BulkEFC wrote:On field deadwood, the club hasn't had off field problems for a long time.

I didn't think so, I thought you had a pretty good, close-knit playing group?

I think he is referring to Upton who is now at Brahma lodge... best of luck to them he is a cancer.
by Wee-man
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2019

Well said LM ;)
Hey one day I will , How did Cooper Burt go in the 1's?

He was good, presented really well coming out of FF.
He's a big lad, no one was going to stand in his way that's for sure.
Could have had a handful but didn't finish as good as he would have liked in front of goal, pleasing signs I would say.
Has exquisite skills, he played 17's last season so he's still very young, solid lad.

yes his skills are extremely beautiful and delicate :D
by marbles
Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League - Division 6

Sadly it reconfirms there simply is too many teams in the northern burbs. Could be wrong but it feels there is always one of the clubs who just cant fill a side. Was Smithfield, now Elizabeth. EP appeared to really struggle with the b grade last year, that wont be a problem this year.
No, sadly it just reaffirms that the merry go round of players are to the detriment of the clubs. They pick and choose where they play, when they play based on how that side is looking. When the going is good, they're all keen, when it looks like there is work to be done they drive 5min down the road to the next hot club.

Wasn't long ago Smithfield went from D7 to D4 and were flying... Elizabeth won the flag onto 3 years ago from memory.. Eastern Park almost made the D5 Grand Final a few years back. Brahma Lodge won a stack of flags in D7 and last year could barely field a one team, now they're all back.

Every club has a core group of committed players and hard working volunteers - but are let down by players who choose to take the easy path on the hunt for premiership success.

Using too many clubs is a cop out and shit excuse - don't hear clubs south of the CBD saying the same - Mitchell Park, Kenilworth, Flinders Uni, Marion, SHOC would all be within a stones throw of each other.. or to the West - Portland, Pt Districts, Henley, Seaton, Rosewater, North Haven etc.
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sadly it reconfirms there simply is too many teams in the northern burbs. Could be wrong but it feels there is always one of the clubs who just cant fill a side. Was Smithfield, now Elizabeth. EP appeared to really struggle with the b grade last year, that wont be a problem this year.
No, sadly it just reaffirms that the merry go round of players are to the detriment of the clubs. They pick and choose where they play, when they play based on how that side is looking. When the going is good, they're all keen, when it looks like there is work to be done they drive 5min down the road to the next hot club.

Wasn't long ago Smithfield went from D7 to D4 and were flying... Elizabeth won the flag onto 3 years ago from memory.. Eastern Park almost made the D5 Grand Final a few years back. Brahma Lodge won a stack of flags in D7 and last year could barely field a one team, now they're all back.

Every club has a core group of committed players and hard working volunteers - but are let down by players who choose to take the easy path on the hunt for premiership success.

Using too many clubs is a cop out and shit excuse - don't hear clubs south of the CBD saying the same - Mitchell Park, Kenilworth, Flinders Uni, Marion, SHOC would all be within a stones throw of each other.. or to the West - Portland, Pt Districts, Henley, Seaton, Rosewater, North Haven etc.

Not wrong but I will say having BL&G plus plains leagues right next door to the far Northern amateur teams adds a bit of difficulty too, problem is everyone thinks they are worth coin and some desperate teams are willing to pay it. Maybe time to merge a couple of teams.. .

What.............Elizabeth Park in the Crows colours. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Jokes. Dont take seriously please.
by whufc
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BulkEFC wrote:problem is everyone thinks they are worth coin and some desperate teams are willing to pay it.

Aint that the ******* truth! Amen!
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Elizabeth Dogs? Central United Eagles? Smithfield Eagles?

The CUES (Central United, Elizabeth, Smithfield) Could be known as the 8 Balls :shock: :D :D
by whufc
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not wrong but I will say having BL&G plus plains leagues right next door to the far Northern amateur teams adds a bit of difficulty too, problem is everyone thinks they are worth coin and some desperate teams are willing to pay it. Maybe time to merge a couple of teams...

Same issue down south with the SFL & GSFL leagues
by wenchbarwer
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The southern teams also have the hills league on our doorstep.

Can get from CLG to Blackwood in 6-7 minutes
by scottroo
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What has happened at Elizabeth? I saw them in 2021 run riot and go through undefeated
Eastern Park recruited all their good players? :P :lol:

I actually have no idea - they lost a few last year and obviously got relegated, and have heard they have lost more this year to Gumeracha? Have dropped their C grade this season as well.

No chop in the Gumeracha movement, just a bunch of C graders.
Problem with Elizabeth is systemic and has been coming for years, mismanagement from the top, no respect for the playing group and no help for the coaching group.
Club held ransome by a c grade nobody major sponsor who pledged to change the world but got to hard and bailed plus a massive **** you from a long serving family at the last AGM.
Sad and shameful so why would you stay as a player, Greenshields did all he could with what he had and the last few A graders leaving was the last straw.

This will get some heat by this afternoon...
by redyellow&blue
Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What has happened at Elizabeth? I saw them in 2021 run riot and go through undefeated
Eastern Park recruited all their good players? :P :lol:

I actually have no idea - they lost a few last year and obviously got relegated, and have heard they have lost more this year to Gumeracha? Have dropped their C grade this season as well.

No chop in the Gumeracha movement, just a bunch of C graders.
Problem with Elizabeth is systemic and has been coming for years, mismanagement from the top, no respect for the playing group and no help for the coaching group.
Club held ransome by a c grade nobody major sponsor who pledged to change the world but got to hard and bailed plus a massive **** you from a long serving family at the last AGM.
Sad and shameful so why would you stay as a player, Greenshields did all he could with what he had and the last few A graders leaving was the last straw.

And the fact blokes refused to play the grade they were picked in didn't help.
Caleb getting shafted at the AGM was probably one of the final nails honestly.
by HBF39
Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Biggest cluster of clubs in the State by a long way.
Almost like you're challenging me to try and prove you wrong! :P :lol:

It validates my point though - the issue isn't necessarily the number of clubs (albeit still a factor), but other circumstances i.e. players, interest levels, demographic, volunteers etc.
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The southern teams also have the hills league on our doorstep.

Can get from CLG to Blackwood in 6-7 minutes

CLG should do everyone a favour and join the hills league.
I'd prefer Blackwood to do the HFL a favour & join the AdFL :)

It's about time the old SFL/HFL/GSFL super league gets rehashed again, isn't it?
by wenchbarwer
Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:Odd......

Posted on here yesterday Jamie McCafferty was coaching Elizabeth A Grade.

Just saw Playford Council posted an advert 1 hour ago advertising the coaching gig at Elizabeth. Playford just didnt get the memo or Jamie not taking up the role after all.

I made it up ya goose. 8) :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BulkEFC wrote:
whufc wrote:
Elizabeth Dogs? Central United Eagles? Smithfield Eagles?

The CUES (Central United, Elizabeth, Smithfield) Could be known as the 8 Balls :shock: :D :D

Quick and witty, I like you

Don’t encourage him ;)
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I bet the Playford Council is proud they spent all that money picket fencing Argana Park for it to have nothing more than junior football teams play there.
by whufc
Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FlagRoy Lions smash Woody South in trial.
by The Bedge
Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FlagRoy Lions smash Woody South in trial.

8 A graders out is the standard line.
Trial matches mean sweet **** all.

Smashed is probably an exaggeration. 8 out is probably unders. That being said…. Fitzroy did look very good. Never been much difference between the top teams in Div 6 and middle of the road teams in Div 5. Fitzroy will go well.
by Arm across
Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No one cares about soccer. Wake up to yourself. :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It’s not rocket science or at all hard to suggest that the bottom side(s) in any division would be knocked off by the top 2-3 of the division below - The only exemption would be D1 most years.
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Are you saying that the new coach has now renigged, or are you still sad because your old coach walked in the first place,

Give the new guy a go, he has a good footy brain
by Footy Chick
Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fools Gold wrote:League now restructuring C competitions a week before season start?

C5, C6, C7 and C8 to be re-structured into 3x 10 team divs I heard.
by The Bedge
Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr Beefy wrote:Are you saying, that is it for Elizabeth?

Nah, I'm saying no other team will kick 55 goals against them.
by The Bedge
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BoundaryRider84 wrote:82.24.516

Thats insane
by locky801
Sat May 04, 2024 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have no sympathy for them.. they were happy when the going was good and they were putting scores on the board.

However they cry poor now; but everytime it was mentioned pre season about their dire situation and the league reached out, they shot it down and were nonchalant about it.

Even after Greenshields left they still bragged about having numbers and fielding two sides in their internal.

Fixture came out, blokes walked, now they cry like they been ****** in the bum.

Maybe the criticism shouldn’t be aimed at the AdFL but those who rolled into the AGM, made changes and decisions and condemned their loved club to death.
by The Bedge
Sat May 04, 2024 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah agree - those taking the field and trying have my upmost respect. They’re up against it and I see their line up most weeks and cringe wondering what will happen.

Its not the players I have no sympathy for, its simple the way this has unfolded and the hand the admin have played in it.

Hope its remembered when the wheels turn and Elizabeth are back and being competitive.. those who were there; those who weren’t; and those who ****** the club
by The Bedge
Sat May 04, 2024 9:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Credit where credit’s due. Rosenthal declined the interview with the Footy Show this morning out of respect
by Fools Gold
Sun May 05, 2024 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AdFL have let everyone down here, if they were placed in a C grade competition it would have benefited everyone and these discussions wouldn't be happening, letting clubs die on the vine can't be the solution.
Absolute waft.. how about placing some ownership and responsibility on the club in this position.

Elizabeth let themselves down by not being open and seeking assistance /support etc when every man and his dog knew they were up shit creek all summer.
by The Bedge
Mon May 06, 2024 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just quietly, not sure they would've found it much easier if at all in the C grade divisions.

C6 for instance - Uni, Modbury, Lutheran, Salisbury, Para Hills - they would put massive scores on them as well - only difference is it is less likely to be published nation wide.

Above C6 the C grade sides just keep getting fitter, younger, better.
by The Bedge
Mon May 06, 2024 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely Lizbeth cant bring in a B Grade team now after 4 weeks or be allowed to, it would compromise the B Grade competition surely.

If they get a 2nd team up and running then good on them, just gotta hope the influx of players stick around once the novelty wears off and when it gets cold. I am a little perplexed on why it takes an event like this to finally get the wheels in motion.
by LaughingKookaburra
Thu May 09, 2024 6:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But that is why I do think Elizabeth need to face some form of punishment for next season in regards to bringing the comp into disruption
Surely you’re not serious?

What punishment could be worse than a 516 point humiliation for the world to see? Why punish those trying to fix the problem?

At least they kept going out there and not throwing the whole comp into disrepute.
by Lightning McQueen
Sun May 12, 2024 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |