Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: ATCA

Most sides do it to some degree, the biggest rort in the comp at the moment would have to be Brinsley kicking around in PAC 4ths in Div 3, I imagine he just wants to play with his mates but dead set the blokes a JET was best bat in PAC's T20 Div 1 side years ago in the final we won in a bowl off and ave over 50 in the Browns 2nd grade.

T20 cup especially the lower divs are just fun and games anyway no use getting worked up about a couple of A1 players PPP.

On a side note seriously good week for the promoted A1 club Marion, knocking off PAC in a one dayer and PAC in the t20 knockout! Looking forward to hosting them at the Cattery will be a good test.
by Catter4lyfe
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

From an outsider that’s never been through any grade system SACA just appears to be insane. Keep picking the same blokes expecting different results and they pigeon hole players at grade level to the point they don’t accept that players can simply get better.

18/19 season
Winter 1048 @104.80 doesn’t get a look in and only offered a rookie contract from what i heard after being the best bat in Grade cricket all season... why not invest in the lad offer him a full contract and back your development to get him to a level he can perform at the next level. Average of 100 tells me you’re too good for the level he’s playing.

Kelvin Smith 904 @ 129.14 another player who had a sensational year but got offered a token game against the dukes at the end of last shield season then didn’t get offered a contract (could be wrong).

Instead of trying to back these lads in they get a Henry Hunt in from interstate who slots into SA opening the batting and you lose Kelvin to WA and Winter hasn’t played cricket this year!

If i was a kid coming through and seeing Hunt, Bosisto, Scott all coming down to take spots and seeing the history of Grade Cricket performances not getting you a look in at the next level id take the first offer from an interstate club to progress my career as it seems you simply cant do it down here.

Also on a side note if you're coming down to SA on a state contract SACA should be placing you at a district club to try and level out the comp, how Hunt Bos and Scott go to Browns, Uni, Glenelg is beyond me. Put one at Prospect, Northerns and Southerns and the comp would be better for it imo.
by Catter4lyfe
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Para Hills v Walkerville in the A1's is being livestreamed. If you are interested in tuning in, here is the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR21GQcnXqwTqT06OcFWSo6D3b6NBf0KjIu3h5aKQGJGomZAJxrb5xKprek&v=5kdpCNWCVS0&feature=youtu.be
Cheers .... top v bottom. I'm not expecting a close finish.

Posts that age well.
by Catter4lyfe
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They have gone early with the call. If the ground doesn't have covers no need to show up tomorrow!
Good call ATCA.
Massive advantage to the team that got
Away.

As it should be. Clubs that invest the money and time (greater investment) for covers should get these advantages better than the days of half the games and cancelled so atca torpedos the entire round and clubs with covers get stiffed for all the effort.
by Catter4lyfe
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Seen a comment on the HV FB page about athelstone in the B2 GF that caught my attention, Not only did they embarrass themselves by forcing a pointless second innings on HV, but they carried on lile complete tools in the process. Video of Day 2 at the 2 hour 51 mark. What a complete an utter piece of trash that bowler is. Should be a suspension in my view.

Athelstone going higher up the grades are only going to get found out more with this behaviour. Terrible blokes.

Agree if that's not given games I'm not sure what act on a cricket field can get you suspended. Shocked it didn't escalate after that event to be honest.
by Catter4lyfe
Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |