Search found 204 matches

Return

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

Not surprised a that result. All clubs who voted yes should feel proud of themselves now. Wait until your turn when you get flogged then what will your reaction be.

NO AFL IN THE SANFL
by FOURTH ESTATE
Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Central v Norwood Post Game

heater31 wrote:
cennals05 wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
cennals05 wrote: Then said the game is the another word for a homosexual v the team that voted NO.

Huh?

I'm not sure I can say what he actually said without getting banned.

Stay classy Centrals management :roll:

Sorry that we didn't bend over like your club.
by cennals05
Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Central v Norwood Post Game

heater31 wrote:
cennals05 wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
cennals05 wrote: Then said the game is the another word for a homosexual v the team that voted NO.

Huh?

I'm not sure I can say what he actually said without getting banned.

Stay classy Centrals management :roll:

Yes, I wish we were more like your club with all those principles and standards.
by smac
Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack
by mal
Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood & the salary cap

DOC wrote:Be careful what you wish for. Who was runner up?

South.

(edit) damn, the great man beat me to it.
by Pseudo
Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dedja wrote:3 tainted flags ... tsk, tsk

Only one more tainted flag and we'll match Glenelg's entire history
by Jimmy_041
Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From?

Someone present at the meeting where Gillon McLachlan spoke. His words, from my understanding, were quite strong but "we will crush you" was a little of an exaggeration.

As such, the Norwood salary cap rumor might be an inflated version of the story, if the source of the two rumors/comments is one and the same then it might be a case of over playing the information they were given.

I must say it is totally unlike Centrals supporters to behave in such a manner. Just buy your membership boys, you care more about our club than yours.

regards,

REB
What manner? Reasoned debate?
by smac
Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rik E Boy wrote:
I must say it is totally unlike Centrals supporters to behave in such a manner. Just buy your membership boys, you care more about our club than yours.

regards,

REB

He he. Nice one AdelaideHawk. :D
by StrayDog
Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Jackson O'Brien has returned to Central after a couple of years playing with Angaston in the Barossa...

Was a midfielder recruited over from Tasmania who ended up having a few off-field issues but has got himself sorted out now, by the sounds of it...
by Big Phil
Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R8 - Centrals v Adelaide Reserves @ Elizabeth

Wasn't a bad effort against Sturt, and we need a win for confidence. Dogs by 18.

Bye last week, Adelaide this week at home - bye, Port the following week at home so more farewells, and then another bye. That's no footy four weekends in a row. Including the state game we have 4 byes this year. Prior to it becoming a reserves competition, in 2013 we had 3, 2012 there were 4. So much for adding the extra team and ridding the comp of the bye.
by wild dog
Fri May 29, 2015 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yep, went to The Luncheon, took junior, met some legends, ate & drank my fill, then sat at the bar in The Club for the rest of the afternoon, protesting silently.

Just as well Centurion as you wouldn't have got your normal spot due to the presence of the "4,000 " extra supporters promised by the Crows. I couldn't move in front of the grand stand for all the extras that showed up to this game. ;)
by Groucho
Sun May 31, 2015 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yep, went to The Luncheon, took junior, met some legends, ate & drank my fill, then sat at the in a ar in The Club for the rest of the afternoon, protently.
Paging pseudo...
Sitting in the GFC clubrooms right now, having my fourth pint after having treated the family to lunch at the GFC bistro. Supporting the club In a manner which does not also support the presence of garbage in Our League.
by Pseudo
Sun May 31, 2015 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

8-team comp. Each team plays the other 3 times. 21 rounds. Perfect.
by Mic
Sun May 31, 2015 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I broke my ban to support my club on the weekend.
Gee, what an electric atmosphere. Plenty of tumbleweeds rolled down that eastern wing on Saturday.
The noise when Adelaide scored was cacophonous. The scoreboard canteen couldn't keep up with the pies and pasties being bought.

Thanks for the two points.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just remember the less that attend

The more chance we have of removal of AFL clubs from our league.
by UK Fan
Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I like the idea of No AFL in the SANFL.
by RB
Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This would just given the AFL clubs more incentive to not bother fielding their best team every week, something a lot of you have criticised on here as ruining the integrity of the comp. That would be worse than the current situation by a long way imo.

I think its time for a full AFL reserves comp, hell, even an U18 comp too

If there was a full reserves comp, or the AFL clubs moved elsewhere, they will still need top up players, and without any connection to the SANFL the SANFL clubs would be ripe for the picking... especially the 19/20/21 yo's that missed getting picked in the draft and wanting to have another crack. Best place to be seen by an AFL club is under their noses.

I would agree with that. But that might be the price the SANFL has to pay if they want a "pure" comp.
by bennymacca
Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In the context of finals it does, as much as possible anyway. No one can tell me it's fair to have an enforced salary cap in a competition for 8 teams and open slather for two others and all play for the same trophy that has been competed for over a hundred years. That's just f***ing stupid.
by CUTTERMAN
Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 9 - Central v Port @ Playford Alive (Sat 6/6)

Central are also celebrating their 2005 Premiership with a Reunion Luncheon, pre-game...

http://www.cdfc.com.au/club-news/this-w ... home-game/
by Big Phil
Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 9 - South v Eagles @ Hickinbotham Oval (Mon 8/6)

RB wrote:
wedgetail wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:Eagles by a country mile. South have flattered to deceive for most of this season and will be found out again.
WWT by 30-40 points

Eagles have a fantastic record at H.O.

Does any team not have a fantastic record there?

South.
by Pseudo
Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood vs West at Coopers Stadium Sunday 7th 2:10pm

SpionKopster wrote:
JK wrote:
Second Team wrote:West by 4 goals. Norwoods dominance is now officially over. Baulderstone to get a lazy 27 hitouts. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I guess if you say it long enough you'll have to be right eventually mate

Officially over?

We might as well roll over and then change your mind :roll:

edited for you.
by whufc
Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Be no different to wearing a Crows scarf and a Fremantle scarf last Sat night at Adelaide Oval.
Absolutey clueless wankers.
by Wedgie
Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Centrals in SANFL.

Crows in AFL.

You are attending an SANFL game. Why wear crows gear.

Let me guess Benny you hope there are other crows goobers around so you can say "hey are you a crows supporter ?? cos IM a crows supporter to".

PATHETIC!!!!

Would you wear Centrals gear to a crows game ???
by UK Fan
Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love the Crows in the AFL, despise them in the SANFL. Could never, ever go against the Panthers.
by westcoastpanther
Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 9 - Central v Port @ Playford Alive (Sat 6/6)

carey wrote:It's just a broken record every single week. :roll:

Nah, just since the Magpies ceased to exist. So, only a year and a half or so.

You keep up the rage with the confected persecution complex though.
by topsywaldron
Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack McGregor!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_McGregor_(footballer)

It seems wiki has him gone as well!!

Ken McGregor (born 29 January 1981) is a former Australian rules footballer who played for Adelaide in the Australian Football League (AFL). He was drafted at Pick 75 in the 1998 AFL Draft.[1] After retiring from professional football he spent some time as a political journalist for the Adelaide Advertiser before moving to Canberra. He also played football for Ainslie in the North East Australian Football League (NEAFL) .[2] He was the senior coach of the Port Adelaide Football Club (SANFL) in 2013 and recently sacked coach of North Adelaide.[3][4]
by Killa
Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 - Central v North @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 20

Can't believe people are believing Central signed Laird for 5 years.
by Bounce of the ball
Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL ladder, 2015

Pseudo, how do the finals of the pure cup work? My side is in 5th position, do we have to get to 4th in order to qualify, or is it a top 5 with an elimination, qualifying, 2 semis and a preliminary before the granny?

If by fate the top five teams on the Pure Ladder (tm) happen to match those on the official ladder then the official finals series can be regarded as Good and Pure and worthy of recognition.

If not then the ordained finals matchups are the result of contamination by eastern league garbage. The official finals series will be tainted and illegitimate. In this case we can only recognise two achievements:
Pure Minor Premier, as the best performed dinkum team over the 14 matches against the other dinkum teams.
Best Performed Team in a Compromised Competition, as the highest-ranking dinkum team on the contaminated official ladder after finals.

This is of course ridiculous and makes a mockery of the whole competition. Nevertheless it is much less ridiculous than treating two teams of professional players with two special sets of rules and for whom victory is a secondary concern, as equal and worthy participants in Our Sovereign League. I note that the only way to fix this farcical situation is the same way to fix the proper competition: kick out the rubbish teams. NO AFL IN THE SANFL.
by Pseudo
Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nick Murphy sacked

Is it true that Murphy was also sacked from his position as a school teacher by the education dept?

Well if you know its true post so ,otherwise your post is potentially very misleading and one to create unnecessary innuendo. You are now inferring kids . Most your posts are shallow but this one is quite dumb.
He just asked a question you halfwit. If he knew, he'd have no doubt stated it, instead of inquiring about it. Murphy's job happens to be a teacher, I doubt Spargo's inference had anything to do with kids.
And you, whose contributions to this site are often no deeper than a Petrie dish, should hardly pass comment on another's depth of post.
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Eagles v Adelaide @ M T Hyunda Oval (Sat 20/6)

Ran in to an Eagles friend early in the first quarter and she made a point, unprompted, of saying how big she thought the crowd was, more than she'd seen at Woodville in a long time; she attends most Eagles home games. My partner and I weren't in a position to tell much other than that the crowd was much bigger than our last visit, but given that was sub 1500 that wasn't hard.
Awful crowds all round, the SANFL is in ruins thanks to letting the cancerous AFL sides in.
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 27 June @ MTO

Kicked 6 on debut for the Eagles yet you still harp on every week
by human_torpedo
Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11: North v West - Saturday 27 June @ Prospect Oval

Well after this big improvement that North brought to the table this week should the club look at giving Handby an extension in his contract so he isnt poached by a rival club?
by Panther Pack
Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - Port v Adelaide - Sunday 28 June @ Alberton

I have difficulty understanding why the SANFL pays roughly a million dollars for its television coverage, and then televises games that have no SANFL clubs.
by Mic
Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't know what I want more, Centrals to win or McGregor to kick 6.
by cennals05
Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here's the story I've heard:

Ramrod and McGregor were once close friends, used to get around the horses a lot together. Not the gallops, the show horses of course.

One autumn afternoon at a Mount Pleasant dressage event, Ramrod was on the hunt for a black pony, no more than 12 hands high.

McGregor, who had shared his fairy floss with Ramrod earlier in the day, decides to help his friend but could only track down a striking black animal 13 hands high.

Now, Ramrod, being the perfectionist he is, feels this is some form of betrayal from McGregor, for everyone knows a pony becomes far less appealing at the 12 hand mark.

Heartbroken, he declares McGregor is the worst friend ever and never wants to see him again.

McGregor accepts the dismissal, going on to forge himself into a reasonable footballer. Ramrod won several dressage events and was considered a star rider amongst his six peers in the Men's over 37 category. He now has a room filled with lovely ribbons.
by OnSong
Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ramrod you cunning bastard, creating TheWiz account to make it look like you've got mates. :lol:
by Booney
Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ramrod wrote:You know what they say..... Small hands, Small...... You can finish off that sentence

Gloves?
by human_torpedo
Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thought the game was even. We just had a bit more talent when needed and a coaching move in the 3rd quarter of bobby into the forward lines proved a winner. I will never underestimate the Dogs even when their results are not as previous seasons. They are a great club. Was chatting to a few doggy supporter in the cricket club. Great ambassadors to your club.
by goddy11
Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11: Glenelg v Norwood - Sunday 28 June @ Gliderol

This is a great result for the comp. We need a more competitive SANFL to bring the crowds back.
by goddy11
Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CENTURION wrote:"We luv taking your stars and giving you our dud coaches and players"
Can you list these people below please?

I think he was referring to South Adelaide.
by cennals05
Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12: Norwood v Centrals - Saturday @ Norwood

Ramrod wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Last year we won a few close ones at this time of the year, our run was too late though.
It has to happen now if we're to play majors again.

Norwood by plenty. Try to dress nicely centrals fans, No tank tops, No Ciggies in the top pocket please.

How's Macca going to get in? Or Lester Ross?
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12: Glenelg v Sturt - Saturday @ Glenelg

johntheclaret wrote:I'm with Centurion. Sturt making changes but the Bays on a roll. They've not been too far off the pace for a while to be fair whilst the DB's haven't really impressed for a while.
I'll go Glenelg by 25-30 points

One knows one's team is crap when one win is described as "on a roll" :D
by Pseudo
Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 live scores/chat

Glg 12.6
Sturt 11.7

Nwd 7.9
CD 10.8 Centurion would be getting excited ;)

WWT 13.3
WA 6.11
by locky801
Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done dogs...thought they were impressive last week
by arcadefire
Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Paid 3.20. Not saying they wont be there at the end of the season, but Norwood were right for the shaggin. Here we come...
by wild dog
Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12: West v Eagles - Saturday @ Richmond

5 kicks for the big show. Zero tackles as well. Mate I know you read this forum, so let me congratulate on your super game. On another note as well, Eagles very unimpressive in this last quarter. Pretty pitiful
Say what u want Ramrod he plays in the top team that won again today.
And you follow the number 2 team which lost to Centrals that the Eagles beat bye bye for today
And your point is?
Let us know when you win a flag
Serious?
Have you seen the shit he's been posting?
A more than fair response I'd think.
by Wedgie
Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12: West v Eagles - Saturday @ Richmond

5 kicks for the big show. Zero tackles as well. Mate I know you read this forum, so let me congratulate on your super game. On another note as well, Eagles very unimpressive in this last quarter. Pretty pitiful

That photo in the Mail shows some effort and a tackle if my eyes don't deceive me!

Rodney Ramjizz it's just not your weekend and you didn't even get to the Parade, that's poor, too busy
watching Lachlan on the telly heh! He has a girlfriend you know...... or was she yours once... and now you
don't know which one you want? :heart:
by holden78
Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: McGregor sacked!

Careful what you wish for Norf supporters. What now, sack this one as well? :oops:
No coach can turn it around so quick. McGregor left the club in a mess, will take awhile to get them back on track

The football trend is for a new coach to be accompanied by some degree of success and revelation. They were down by 14.13 to 1.2 at 3/4 time and ultimately lost by over a ton. Results were never that bad under Ken. They played Centrals FFS who are clearly the seventh best team. Today's effort is their worst of the season for mine by a mile.
They played Centrals FFS who are clearly the seventh best team? Clearly? We will see.............................

Softly, Softly, Catchee Monkey
by wild dog
Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: McGregor sacked!

Careful what you wish for Norf supporters. What now, sack this one as well? :oops:
No coach can turn it around so quick. McGregor left the club in a mess, will take awhile to get them back on track

The football trend is for a new coach to be accompanied by some degree of success and revelation. They were down by 14.13 to 1.2 at 3/4 time and ultimately lost by over a ton. Results were never that bad under Ken. They played Centrals FFS who are clearly the seventh best team. Today's effort is their worst of the season for mine by a mile.
They played Centrals FFS who are clearly the seventh best team? Clearly? We will see.............................
The table doesnt lie, next two weeks are huge for Centrals. Would probably need to pinch one against either the Eagles or Norwood if they want to make finals
by Jim05
Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ground sizes

End the interchange, allow 4 subs. Coaches will dislike it, but the game would cope with this change.
by Brendan M
Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |