Return

Re: Ryan Fergusson Announces Retirement

What a champ and a huge hole to fill.
by Peter Griffen
Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JAS

It was about a year ago today that many truly caring, loving people, found out that Jacqueline Ann Schwier (JAS) had passed away.

Despite all the hours of painstaking moderation this Angel gave this site, and others, there are still a few remaining ‘Arseholes’ who should hang their heads in shame.

Those who still love this utterly gorgeous human being will always remember that she only sought to serve, honestly and fairly, just as she had in the ‘Falklands War’. How could anyone treat such a beautiful person so badly? Luckily, there were only a few f**kwits who treated this Angel unfairly. Fortunately, those who chose to ridicule, torture or upset JAS in the year of her death are a pathetic minority, way beyond belief & contempt. Good Aussies, should take a moment to remember this brave and unselfish woman, who, with complete and utter dedication, fought terminal cancer, silently, bravely, and tragically, on her own.

Thank you for just being you JAS.

Good and decent people will always love you and remember you.

I luv you Jax, and always will.
Sabre xox.
by SABRE
Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

I'm sorry, I seem to have missed the memo where it says "bravado" was a pre requisite to comment on here, given some of the cry baby stuff I have read over the last week.. With the exception of a few most of you having a whinge come from clubs that either haven't won anything, got beaten by us when we were winning or won't ever win anything. All of you come from clubs that have payed players in the past or still do so get off your high horses and fix your own patches of grass and let the footy do the talking.
by eric
Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SANFL Ladders & Statistics - Round 8

SANFL Ladders & Statistics - Round 8
by scott
Sun May 31, 2015 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sack McGregor!

Glenelg on the Queens Birthday holiday is exactly that for most people.

Glenelg is a holiday destination for most and the North supporters who went down would've gone down to spend the day at the beach and then take in the footy during the afternoon.
I hope you're not driving or working any type of heavy machinery today...
by Spargo
Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Centrals v West

poo.
Carn The Bloods next week, 32 years without a flag is a bloody long time.
by CENTURION
Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Grand Final - Eagles v West - Sun 27/9/15

Yep...Go Bloods !!!

Can not stand the other lot.
by southee
Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nearly 24 hours later and a few beers ;) I still cannot believe that we won the premiership :D :D

I was really worried just before halftime when our lads seemed to be running up and down on the one spot, thought the fresher legs of the Eagles would come through. One thing I had forgotten was our new found win at all cost attitude. Our boys were so gutsy and determined to "get the job done" which they did. I didnt relax until the 24th minute mark of the last quarter as Ive seen first hand wins turned into narrow losses. They just willed themselves to each contest. Big Webby turning Raymond inside out was a real highlight for me....love Webby.

Couple of "behind the scene" blokes that I would like to mention: Dits, JT, Bob Blacky, Mark and Lee, your efforts have been not forgotten you are all part of the premiership.

Whilst Schmidt and Porps were great, Caire, Beech and Hartlett also deserve alot of credit. Big Willitts, and Hartlett I am really happy for them the heart and soul of the team.

Thanks to those that have wished the club well, many posters over the years have paid the crap out of us. Not many Westies posters on here but we are a resilliant bunch.

If I had my wish, and West dont win it, I hope South can break the 51 year old drought next season. Ive seen two premierships now but most Southites have never seen one. C'mon South give one to your supporters.

Peace out and stay classy :D
by Brodlach
Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done Westies. Hope all supporters on here soak it up and enjoy!
by Scrapboy
Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done Westies. Hope all supporters on here soak it up and enjoy!

After throwing away an opportunity in 1985, plus losing the GF in 1991, 2003 and 2012......this one is very VERY sweet believe me :D

1985.....while we had a very good side its debatable that we could have beaten Glenelg or North Adelaide.

1991.....we were in great form leading up to the game but when the fighting broke out, North Adelaide were the only ones still playing football and thus won the game (I was there).

2003.....I think we did well to reach the GF but even at our best that year I doubt we could have beaten Centrals then.

2012.....same as 2003. We were good, Norwood were better (again, I was there).

Yesterday was the first GF that Westies have been in during my lifetime that despite the Eagles record this year (only 2 losses), I felt confident that we were going to win. Damn it was good to watch (from the hill in front of the video screen ;) )
by HoldenV8
Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All I can say is, Westies fans, get down to the club.

One, the boys are in ripping nick at the moment. :lol:

Two, the place is empty, get down there and bloody well enjoy it, the place should be pumping!!!
by Booney
Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done Westies, i found myself cheering as hard for the Bloods as i would the Panthers! Good result for SANFL, the WAFL Grand Final had attendance of 13k, we had over 25k for 2 low support based clubs, glad i went to support our great comp.....and Westies.
by darley16
Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Trial Games

LIVE @ CITY MAZDA STADIUM:

TRIAL GAME - League 1/2 Time:

West - 5.6 = 36

North - 4.6 = 30

Bloods lead by 6 points

GOAL KICKERS:

West - B.Turner 2, E.Wasley-Black, N.Favretto, I.Rankine 1

North - L.Ryswyk, S.DeLeonardis, M.McDonough, M.Appleton 1
by Big Phil
Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 SANFL Trial Games

FULL TIME @ CITY MAZDA STADIUM:

TRIAL GAME - League Final Scores:

West - 12.11 = 83

North - 11.9 = 75

Bloods win by 8 points

GOAL KICKERS:

West - H.Haysman 3, I.Rankine , B.Turner 2, E.Wasley-Black, N.Favretto, A.Fielke, C.Burgess, T.Pilon 1

North - L.Ryswyk, L.Hender 2, S.DeLeonardis, M.McDonough, M.Appleton, J.Shannon, G.Thring, B.Helyar, C.Barns 1
by Big Phil
Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |