Search found more than 2478 matches

Return

Re: Rnd 1 - North v Adelaide Post Game

Dogwatcher wrote:What will the crowd be next time?
That's the important question. There'll be no novelty factor and by the time North meet them again, most supporters will have moved on from wanting to ridicule them.

I'm glad you said most ;)
by Wedgie
Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

In the Crows favour if you said at the start of the year they'd be ahead of Central, West and Glenelg on the table you'd look at them as a success! :lol:
by Wedgie
Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Your right it is way to early to know what impact it will have Maybe, but a few hundred Crows fans rocking up to the first game on a fine day doesn't bode well.
don't forget the few hundred North fans that showed up to see the crows
Being a Sunday, fine weather and the first game of the year wouldve had a much bigger influence, we don't get too many round 1 games at home recently.
But what was the crowd? 4025?
If the Crows aren't liars we'll get 25 this week.
And remember our last game got 40,000!
North math day crowd has dropped 90% since the Cows reserves entered our comp!
by Wedgie
Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Good to see the SANFL on the 7Plus app quite predominate to watch in catch up.
by Wedgie
Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 LIVE Scores

Any crowd figures today?
Looked about 2000 at Prospect.
Memberships down, too many people can get in free these days with AFL memberships. I know someone that's already used my Adelaide Oval Footy Memberships for the last 2 weeks to get into Prospect for free.
Throw in on top of that that the SANFL is paying more for television coverage, things are looking bleak.
Seems Triggy was wrong on a few counts but that didn't stop some morons who didn't have full details or iron clad agreements voting to allow them in.
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mal, looking at the result you should be thanking channel 7!
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - North v South Post Game

South looking the goods, setting up for a huge Integrity Cup in a couple of weeks time.

What was North's problem today, attitude, skill, desire, outclassed or was this just a one off stinker.

South just looked much better.
Looked great at the stoppages and found players a lot more often than North did.
South look very classy.
And a bit of the karma bus, never that disappointing to see South or Central win games against clubs that were traitors to the SANFL.

South crowd today made much more noise than any Crows supporters at Prospect last week.

Big game for North coming up at Richmond on Easter Thursday, North have a lot of short breaks between games but dropping early games can be very damaging in an 18 round comp when 2 of those rounds are just percentage boosters against the Crows.

Well done South! As a paid up member for South I can celebrate and commiserate tonight!
Ironic that the first year I'm a South member is the first year I moved from down South to live at Prospect. :lol:
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

I have a question.. sorry if it seems a stupid one.. but.

What song do Port sing when they win? The Maggies song or the Power song?? :?

Sydney's song.

I think you'll find Sydney stole it from Port....

I think youll find Fos Williams stole it from South Melbourne. Its mentioned in the book about the Williams Dynasty.
by Wedgie
Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If it was two decent AFL clubs like Hawthorn and Geelong I'd understand.
by Wedgie
Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood calls for fourth interchange player

Ridiculous idea, they feel they needed 4 interchange as they had 2 concussions.
What if they had 13 concussions?
How can you predict there will only be 2 concussions in a game to a team?
Unless its a bloke who played reserves the same day you cannot justify having a substitute in a non fully professional competition.
by Wedgie
Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood's (and Central's) Ch9 partnership raises questio

Ive already noticed a Dogs ad during the Footy Show a couple of weeks ago, if through these partnerships they get reasonably cheap advertising at peak times it can only be a good thing.
by Wedgie
Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 Norwood v Sturt Post Match

She's the best umpire I've seen in the last couple of years. Easily better than any of the muppets at Richmond Oval last night.
by Wedgie
Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - Central v Adelaide @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 19

This is the first game I won't be attending when I don't have another commitment for years. I'm not sure if my stubbornness is good or bad. I feel like I am letting my team down, especially when they voted no. But on the other hand I don't want to be seen as supporting the AFL in the SANFL. To go, or not to go, that is the question?

Get down there big fella. I also have no interest in the AFL reserves being in the SANFL but as soon as South voted No my support for them has got stronger. Incidentally Centrals are now my second favourite team and hope you guys have a big win!
Lol @ big fella, Shes actually a gorgeous chick!
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

bennymacca wrote:to be honest though, the more people whinge like little girls on this forum

Sexist!
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Norwood v North @ Adelaide Oval (ANZAC Day Fri 2

My prediction:

North to have the best banner.
by Wedgie
Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

North v Norwood - Anzac Day - Post Game

North shot out of the blocks but Norwood dominated the 2nd and 3rd quarter before the better team who plays real football came home in the last.

NORTH 3.2 4.3 7.4 14.7 (91)
NORWOOD 1.2 5.7 7.12 9.16 (70)

BEST – North: Shannon, Miles, Amato, Mitchell, Campbell, Ryswyk, Thiele.
Norwood: Baulderstone, Panos, Jefferies, Murphy, Webber, Allan.

GOALS – North: Mitchell 4, Miles 3, Burton 2, Campbell, Amato, M. Thring, Shannon, Thiele.
Norwood: Roocke 2, Newton, Bartlett, Bampton, M. Evans, Murphy, Donohue, Phillips.

CROWD – 10,014 at Adelaide Oval.

BOB QUINN MEDAL – Jay Shannon (North

Well done to the Norwood supporters today that made it, I honestly don't think I could watch that style for more than 1 or 2 games a year. You're a credit to your club!

What a freaking amazing banner by the North fans, the best in Australia still.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/v/t1.0-9/10308264_10152172860082912_4785867537279679028_n.jpg?oh=cbf172920d09fb309a7b6d1175141db9&oe=53CD9E0F&__gda__=1405937417_c7a9e4840511c6465de3045323d478bc
by Wedgie
Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserves. The Pros and Cons:

In all fairness, playing for the Crows reserves instead of North has had a huge impact on Lewis Johnstone's game.
:roll:
by Wedgie
Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NRL Season 2014

The NRL has offered Alex McKinnin a job for life. What a great gesture and deserved to Alex as finance, support and stability can be a huge issue for people as unlucky as Alex was. Well done NRL, I loved reading about that. So often we put down these organisations but that is awesome and might even reignite my following of the NRL. Super stuff! :D
The Knights have also extended Alex's contract offering him the same money they were when previously negotiating when his accident. Superb stuff. Stuff like that makes me so happy! Newcastle are now my second side.
by Wedgie
Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: the home of the blue and gold army

Reminds me of watching the SANFL compared to the AFL before Geelong revolutionized the AFL. Yes a higher level but awful to watch for the purists. English Rugby League has crowd involvement, backs and forwards and is great to watch for purists.

Wegs, we've know each other for way too long. You're either fishing for a response, or clearly delusional.
Probably delusional but I've loved English Rugby League since the mid 90s and my Rhinos top is one of my most prized possessions. ;)
Love watching English Rugby League.
You know I'm a bit different Gadj. ;)
by Wedgie
Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South Adelaide - more adaptable to change than a virus

Surely whoever won the flag in 91 was the most adaptable. ;)

But having said that I am a South member too. Go Panthers! :D
by Wedgie
Thu May 01, 2014 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - North v Sturt Post Game

Agree its not their fault Locky, its just a nature of playing so many young kids at this level that were going to have inconsistent performances.
by Wedgie
Sat May 03, 2014 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your clubs most important 5 players

Selwood
Hawkins
Taylor
Johnston
Kelly

A fit ruck man would be up there too.
by Wedgie
Mon May 05, 2014 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 6 - Central v North @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 10/5)

An important game as it could be the difference of coming 6th or 7th at the end of the year.
by Wedgie
Tue May 06, 2014 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bands coming to Adelaide

I love mixing and matching quotes.

woodublieve12 wrote:One direction at AAMI early next year :(

Failed Creation wrote:I wet my pants when I heard this awesome news. From both sides... :oops:
by Wedgie
Wed May 07, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 6 - Central v North @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 10/5)

I'm going to miss my first North game for just over 2 years,

It's not just because of their poor form, but that with the fact I'm renovating and need to do more, the distance (normally doesn't stop me, I haven't missed a Central or South game for 5 years), it will be wet and Mrs Ian has the car, I'd have to go on the motorbike,
if I get enough done in the morning I might go catch either Lockleys or Fitzroy play in the afternoon instead.

The result on this one is any ones guess, other that Rd 1 V the pretenders and 1 or 2 other quarters, North have showed nothing to excite or instill confidence to it's supporters

Make sure you have the radio on then, listening to the 1197am RPH call - they might even give you a shout out? ;)
I doubt we will mate but we'll have safooty on our phones so give us a shout out on here and plenty of score updates please :)
by Wedgie
Fri May 09, 2014 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL ladder

ok, but im sure you realise that you have to apply this logic to all of the other threads that you comment in?

you guys are sounding a little like andrew bolt right now

If they sound like Andrew Bolt you sound like Warwick Capper.
You wouldn't believe the amount of sh!t we have to delete.
And learn to do what I do, just stay off threads that don't interest you, its not hard.
by Wedgie
Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Football Greatest Team

Well bat least Ruccis effort was 1000% on that of the so called fans in today's paper. Just goes to show you how stupid the average as football fan is.
by Wedgie
Wed May 14, 2014 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't have an issue with the Power in fact I admire them in the last couple of years as they just sat back quietly while the Crows set them up beautifully. The Power care only about the Power and good on them. Its the 7 delegates that were more interested in pandering to the Crows than worrying about their own clubs that shit me.
by Wedgie
Thu May 15, 2014 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie, you cant blame The power or The Crows, they both want whats best for their club, and if the dumb arses that gave it to them agreed to it, how can you blame them. The only thing that annoys me is when their supporters are quetioned about the unfair advantage granted to them, they argue as if there is no advantage. What drugs are they on to even deny the fact their is an enormous advantage. Power supporters should just accept that where handed a gift but why should they give it back, if it was my team I would be over the moon.
The Power went about it the smart way while the Crows lied and conived their way in and in the process severely hurt their own brand amongst the most loyal footy fans around. I cheered for them live at the 97 GF and all of the 93 finals. Never again, my most hated club in the world.
The Power on the other hand went up a couple of notches in my book and I wish them well.
Most of their supporters will always be dimwits, inbreeding will do that but they're harmless.
by Wedgie
Thu May 15, 2014 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE SCORES ROUND 7

Maybe if the Adelaide Oval scoreboard told them to go to SANFL games they would?
by Wedgie
Sat May 17, 2014 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its really weird how the Power sing Sydney's song.
by Wedgie
Sat May 17, 2014 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 8 - North v Port - Post game

Motlop was pretty good for a second week in a row but Clinchy was my best for North yesterday.
by Wedgie
Sun May 25, 2014 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LPH wrote:They are not incorrect

Didn't notice the "or" in my sentence not that any reference was made to your list.
Perhaps write it on a piece of cardboard and walk around Woodville Oval with it, that'll fix everything.
by Wedgie
Wed May 28, 2014 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/norwood-to-lead-review-of-afl-reserves-in-sanfl/story-fnig5e6k-1226937921651

The irony. My favourite bit was the part about not destroying the Sanfl.

Well derrrrr to Norwood , North and the other retarded clubs that let this year happen by not getting everything set in stone before voting for it. Wankers.
by Wedgie
Sat May 31, 2014 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 State Game - SANFL v VFL @ Port Melbourne (Sat 31/5

Jim05 wrote:Poor crowd
Have noticed the VFL are not having a bye this week, strange

Smart really, why disrupt a season to cater for 1400 people at a meaningless game?
by Wedgie
Sat May 31, 2014 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:knee injury

slipped out of spa
:D

Close! It was slipping into it! Ha ha
by Wedgie
Sat May 31, 2014 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Viable Alternatives

Get rid of the salaray cap, easy.
Worked nicely for over 100 years.
If clubs can't spend responsibly then good riddance but don't penalise those that do.
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also the fact that a lot of the best players from each league don't play in this game makes it irrelevant when comparing leagues, if the best players from each comp were involved it would be relevant and probably an easy win to the Vics too.
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Chat

whufc wrote:Another riveting round of matches so far.

Has this been the worse season in the history of the AFL.

No, that would be 2004. ;)
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Viable Alternatives

Agreed all round. It should never have gone up from $10 and the extra money made from charging people extra would be lost five fold from the less people coming and the money they'd spend on food and drink not to mention the flow on effect from future memberships and interest. Really dumb business.
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What about guys like McGuinness who didnt want to play? Pretty sure several guys made themselves unavailable

I think Johann Wagner was another one who made himself unavailable.

;)
Cant believe the big fella didnt get a call up.
Easily the best full forward in the comp
Best player in the history of the whole game!
by Wedgie
Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who were the dozens of VFL players not available, Wedgie?

I spoke to their coach over here in Melbourne, for FOOTe TIMES, and he never said anything about having dozens unavailable when I asked him about the make-up of his squad coming together...
Think he meant the AFL listed players.
Lol, I'm glad someone understood, didn't think it was rocket science.
Must be asking the hard hitting questions Big Phil or they have a very stupid coach!
And I am speaking to Jim and Big Phil for SAFooty.net
by Wedgie
Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1979 SANFL Grand Final

Thanks for yhr YouTube link of the Harris goal. Imnpretty sure this game was going later than others as I remember listening to the commentary and cheering in the car and then watching it on TV later that night. Geezus, I miss those days of SANFL, it was so awesome.
by Wedgie
Fri May 30, 2014 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Doc Neeson gone

Absolutely devastated, in tears. :(

My favourite frontman of my favourite band of all time.

Doc and I four years ago at the Adelaide Town Hall:

doc.jpg
by Wedgie
Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live scores

Jim05 wrote:1/2 Time
Nwd 1.8.14
West 1.1.7
Ansolute farce of a game, players from both sides should be ashamed of it

Oh dear.
Can we keep the Power and the Crows and get rid of these two teams instead?
by Wedgie
Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live scores

FairDinkum wrote:I was planning to take my young boys down to this game, thank God I didn't, waste of a good Friday night, stay home and watch the Brady Bunch, more interesting

Good move, Greg Brady scores more than these 2 teams. I reckon even Bobby would give them a run.
by Wedgie
Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, build a hospital in the worst possible spot.
by Wedgie
Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |