Search found 524 matches

Return

Re: Are the SANFL being up-front?

Been talked about for weeks, clubs are apparently opposed, which means it will be voted in.
by smac
Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Dogwatcher wrote:So many changes at each club to come over summer. The sides will be all but unrecognisable next season.
Were Ferguson and Mangan expected to depart Westies?

Throw in Tippett who seems to be a good possibility to get drafted, and the Westies defence is suddenly down to just 14 players
by JK
Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 - Player retirements/delistings/trade discussion

Booney wrote:
the wonder elephant wrote:J Pod to the crows

So you blokes were short of flat track bullies on your list?

Pick him when you play teams in the bottom half of the ladder, no point playing him against the top sides.

Pick him whenever your number one target is Lynch.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Browny25 wrote:Anyone played golf in Las Vegas? Suggestions??

Don't know you but I hate you for even getting to ask this question
by bennymacca
Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Scoring a set of taylormade r7 irons (3I-PW plus 2 x lob wedges), rescue club and fairway wood for $50 at a garage sale on the w/end
by MW
Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

Police work can be entertaining as well as dangerous.

Recently, a female police officer arrested Patrick Lawrence, 22 year old white male, fornicating with a pumpkin in the middle of the night.
The next day, at the Gwinnett County (GA) courthouse, Lawrence was charged with lewd and lascivious behaviour, public indecency and public intoxication.
The suspect explained that he was passing a pumpkin patch on his way home from a drinking session when he decided to stop. 'You know how a pumpkin is soft and squishy inside, and there was no one around for miles or at least I thought there wasn't anyone around' he stated.
Lawrence went on to say that he pulled over to the side of the road, picked out a pumpkin that he felt was appropriate to his purpose, cut a hole in it, and proceeded to satisfy his pressing need. 'Guess I was really into it, you know?' he commented with evident embarrassment.
In the process of doing the deed, Lawrence failed to notice an approaching police car and was unaware of his audience until Officer Brenda Taylor approached the side of his car.
It was an unusual situation, that's for sure,' said Officer Taylor. 'I walked up to Lawrence and he's just banging away at this pumpkin.'
Officer Taylor went on to describe what happened when she approached Lawrence....'I said: 'Excuse me sir, but do you realize that you're having sex with a pumpkin?'
He froze and was clearly very surprised that I was there, and then he looked me straight in the face and said:
'A pumpkin? Shit ... Is it midnight already?'
The court (and the judge) could not contain their mirth.
by locky801
Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Fixture (released 31/10) - predictions/discussion..

Rest of Australia feels the same way about port v crows.

Not quite. While the Crows might be a souless corporate entity, at least Port are a real club and the rivalry with the Cows is also real. Nothing about Football in NSW is real, it's all fake. That's why the Football World are quick to try on such myths as the 'no dickheads' policy and the 'bloods culture' or people in Melbourne would be just as disinterested as your average Sydneysider as soon as the Swans lose a couple of games on the trot.

GWS have no fans and Swans fans only get excited about the Giants because it gives them yet another leg up. Even Sydney couldn't give a stuff about the fabricated derby.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 - Player retirements/delistings/trade discussion

woodublieve12 wrote:Tony Armstrong is a magpie... :lol: great pick up :lol: maxwell won't be the worse player there now, well it will probably be a tie

Armstrong is to fill the gap left by Jordan Russell's departure.
by Q.
Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Chris Minns is pre-season training with Glenelg. Chris was Glenelg junior & u19 Captain in 2007.
He has talent to burn, and as others have said, could have played almost anywhere in local leagues for big $$.
I'm a big fan, and wish him well
by 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA v WA - Nov 13-16

bloods08 wrote:Seen the crowd reported at 6974.

Fantastic if that's the case.

6000 of them are construction workers.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sando wields axe

perhaps all of the SANFL clubs can provide "top up" club support staff on a rotation type basis? Can only do them good to be working with the proffesionals within the AFL clubs.....
by Armytank
Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

MatteeG wrote:Bit harsh Johno.....

The kid is doing fine, only 3 broken bones in his foot and 2 broken toes, but they gave him an ice cream after, and he won Uruguay's funniest home videos.
by Johno6
Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Professional Darts Competitions

Premier league line up - starts feb 6th

Phil Taylor - 16-time World Champion

Michael van Gerwen - Reigning Premier League Darts Champion

Simon Whitlock - 2012 European Champion

Adrian Lewis - 2011 & 2012 World Champion

Dave Chisnall - 2013 World Grand Prix Runner-Up

Peter Wright - 2014 World Championship Finalist

Wes Newton - Two-time Major Finalist

Robert Thornton - 2012 UK Open Champion

Raymond van Barneveld - Five-Time World Champion

Gary Anderson - 2011 Premier League Darts Champion
by Bully
Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 5th Test Sydney Discussion (Pink Test)

What an absolute ******* disgrace. Half the ******* team up their own ******* arses and a ******* joke of a senior thwarting coach
How can a team d so ******* bad. ******* rabble who ducking thought a they had to do was ******* turn up. Taught a fu king lesson by a team that isn't that good but respect the *******
Three ******* lions my ******* arse, get back to the shithole IPL you ******* parasitic tossers with no ******* balls.

5 ******* 0
by johntheclaret
Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Invites Out

The invites for all Hogg teams have been sent out to everyone except for Division V CHAMPS coached by someone called Shane and Division VI Scros Swimmers coached by someone called Tom. I can't invite you guys because I don't know who the **** you are. If someone knows who they are could they please post in this thread or PM me so I can send out the invites to those guys.

If you are playing in the Hogg this year please put your teams in because this time of the year is the biggest pain in the arse every season. Don't be one of those wackers who still hasn't put their team in by early March and I don't know if you are going around again or not. Continuing on with the Hogg is not compulsory, if you have had enough please let me know and I can promote someone to take your spot.

I still need a skipper for Divvy III and Divvy V so some hands up there would be nice as well.

If you haven't played Hogg before but would like to do so, please post last year's score if you have it or let me know if you are a rookie. We already have quite a few new and returning coaches this season.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is the best South Australian Song of all time??

Magpiespower wrote:Sandi McMenamin is definitely from Adelaide.

Still not sure how she didn't top this list?

Scandalous!

Bloody brilliant ! :lol:

What a awesome film clip too ;)
by southee
Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAB Challenge

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:Lindsay Thomas says hi.

Then like a gypsy, you don't see him for weeks.

I am a Gypsy...

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your 2014 predictions

1- North
2- Norwood
3- West
4- Eagles
5- Centrals
6- South
7- Glenelg
8- Sturt

Magarey- Liddle
Ken Farmer- Wundke
by saintal
Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should mull be legalized for medicinal use?

Watch how fast I develop an ailment that needs a prescription. Ooowww......... my ovaries.
by The Sleeping Giant
Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Yeah. Gibbs and Dangerfield are making indications they'll stay. Just like Ablett and Franklin.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 3 - Discussion (and Live Scores)

i still can't believe some crow supporters are bitching about the draw. It got you to a prelim 2 years ago
by woodublieve12
Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clean sweep by Flaggies today
by Dutchy
Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

I note the Advertiser says today that the Footy Show (ratings) circus will roll into town on when Aldinga play Lonsdale.. (May 24 Round 8 ) Not a great advertisement for our league with no junior games programmed on the day just the seniors.. Wonder if the league will transfer the junior games to support the day?? Tough decision to be made

Would be good if some of the proceeds also go to Lonsdale who are doing it just as tough without all the fanfare.

I agree. Hopefully we can work something out in that regard.

(By that, I mean I'll bring it up the next time I'm down at the club. I reckon it's a really good idea.)
by fisho mcspaz
Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division I 2014

Just re downloaded internet explorer. Im BACK!!! Just autofilled my last 4 positions back in march so got work to do.
by bulldog2004
Thu May 01, 2014 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Toby Greene's Monday Night.

Any person, AFL footballer or not, who goes out for some drinks and comes home with a charge sheet like this is a tool and deserves whatever they cop.
by Pag
Wed May 14, 2014 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 Yak

I've got my latest victim. Traded in Acres. He's the sub, runs on and inside two minutes the poor kid has broken his leg. :evil:

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sun May 18, 2014 9:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Old man Emu

I found this discussion on the junior football section of the forum, given its not written by you, I found it quite interesting. Is this the best way forward for Junior Development given that MVFC are clearly the League Leaders in this field, according to your good self anyway....

Hopefully if MVFC continue in this direction, you might be able to return to the Golden Era of 1982-2003.

Old Man Emu - MVFC Junior Development Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla !!!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

well at morphett vale its seems our Under 12 whites are all are best experienced players

our under 12s maroons is all the novices & beginners

or extend that whites are bigger kids (maybe grade 7s at school) & the emu marrons are grade 6ers

our whites smashed our maroons in the trial game[/b][/i]

I would not take any authority from what marbles says, he is merely a troll.

He comes from a different world where teams tank in the A-Grade to bolster up their B-grade teams for premierships so that they can secure the prize of relegation to ensure that they have an easier premiership to win the following year. A world where a C-Grade premiership is equal to an A-Grade premiership. A world where kids can play for their school and never step foot in, or represent your club, but still be considered one of your juniors.

Don't expect him to understand, but I suspect he is not serious and merely does it for attention.
by Look Good In Leather
Wed May 21, 2014 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are the Bays Imploding?

Unfortunately after yesterdays game it is quite evident that Glenelg haven't got the skills or the football brain for a successful implosion
by grant j
Sun May 25, 2014 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FLAGSTAFF HILL FOOTBALL CLUB

A few of the Subbie Dad's are having a Boys day at the footy on Sat, looking forward to it
by Dutchy
Tue May 27, 2014 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FLAGSTAFF HILL FOOTBALL CLUB

I don't know the bloke, but 400 games is a bloody HUGE achievement. Which should be celebrated. I wish him and the club all the best for Saturday. Good people like that are hard to come by. Congrats again, I hope the day is a huge success, and the boys get a win for him. It really is a massive milestone.
by mrp2626
Wed May 28, 2014 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Chat

Goodes incident should be looked at.......

But we all know it won't.

Can't half tell who the racists on this forum are judging by the likes and comments.
What a load of crap, not liking Goodes doesnt make you a racist.
He is a dirty sniping prick who just happens to always get off at the tribunal. People were whinging about how protected Ablett is, Goodes is far worse
by Jim05
Thu May 29, 2014 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Time for a ball re-design?

The Faulkners were great .. Best for marking and Torps back in the day the latter was more in vogue
by JK
Thu May 22, 2014 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Statement - Competitive Balance Policy

Australian Communist Football League
by Jim05
Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Used to like it but don't care if I never heard it again

Don and I are not related, thankfully.
Although, had we been, I might have been able to do the stake thing for you.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Used to like it but don't care if I never heard it again

Failed Creation wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Nickleback.

I remember singing "Look at this photograph, I haven't heard it for an hour and a half".

Funnily enough, that was the only Nickelback song I could tolerate, mainly because it reminded me of meeting my wife for the first time.

Gee, you must hate your wife ;)
by Dogwatcher
Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

That 10mins after mowing the lawn my dog has to shit on it

EVERY TIME
by The Ash Man
Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday @matteeg. Have a good day mate :partyman:
by Sorry Dude
Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - South v Central @ Hickinbotham (Sat 21/6)

The fact that you don't understand what integrity means will surprise very few.
by RB
Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A huge pat on the back to Simon Robinson his army of helpers on Saturday. Possibly one of the best days ive had at Emu Park, for PINK DAY. The only blemish (for an emu supporter) was that Noarlunga were just too good on the day, getting the chocolates in the main game. Word is that over $12000 was raised throughout the day for Breast Cancer research, which is a phenomenal effort. Over $1700 of that was raised to see Emu star Tim Howell shave off his beloved Dreadlocks, with another $7K being raised with the auctioning of the PINK guernseys. Also like to say well done to Booga Schutz, who I believe played his 350th game on the weekend. Great effort. All in all, a great day of suburban footy.
by Leo
Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Booney wrote:
Seriously, can anyone see this lot ever dragging themselves off the canvas?

If they prove incapable of it by themselves then they could always host reserves for an AFL club to drag them up off the canvas, like that other mob did...
by Pseudo
Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

Which official said they cant stay around for drinks? First I've heard of it.
Tex's biggest issue (even though he wasn't there) was a Crows member throwing his Crows membership at the Crows players.
Perhaps its wanker crows that need to learn how to behave?
Problem would be easily solved by kicking them out of our comp.
For over 20 years Crows wankers have told me to go back to Victoria and not made me felt welcome.
As far as I'm concerned they can **** off of from Prospect and go back to their shed.
No Crows person is welcome at Prospect. Everyone else from every other club in the world is extremely welcome though.
Can dish it out but can't take it. Wankers.
by Wedgie
Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16 - live scores, results & conversing.

Whoever it was has just blatantly copied the NFL, again. They did it last year at a few stadiums. Seattle has the title now. Nobody besides Seattle supporters care either.
by HH3
Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Annoying!!!

my missus said last night to me she was seriously considering wearing it and if that bird doesn't like my wifes reply to her and anuone else who queries it will be "i was given this dress so i'm wearing it" and then promptly tee off on the spaz!!! My wife is quite possibly one of the only people i would not want to get in to an argumemnt with! She is ruthless and doesn't forget a thing!! Surprisingly i haven't copped a rath, but i have seen it first hand!!! It's brilliant!!!

Anyone with a wife feels the same way mate. ;)
by Booney
Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dangerfield Ouch

everytime i see dangerfield go down, i think of this
by woodublieve12
Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15 live scores and waffle

I can hear the local residents cheering from here
by RustyCage
Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

I saw one game in front of your tent Moe that did look a fair bit like rugby, good thing is it will only take a small adjustment/coaching and he will be a good umpire.

My lad loved the day, had high expectations as they had a good year, but got bundled out after 3 games. While disappointed it was actually good to have a chat with him about how sometimes you win and sometimes you lose and you have to take the good with the bad. Kids need to learn how to win and lose with pride and thats the problem I have with them taking away the competitive aspect of the day.
by Dutchy
Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - Glenelg v Port Magpies @ Gliderol (Sat 23/8)

As someone who is blind I am very appreciative of the inground coverage when there is no radio coverage. So is my girlfriend, it means she doesn't have to play commentator! :)
by matt35
Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Retirements - 2014

Lewis Roberts Thompson has announced his retirement. Champion.. One of my faves. His performances in the 2 winning gf's were excellent and was a bit stiff not to win the norm smith in 2005... Very reliable. Gun

Your surely looking for a bite and taking the piss here???

LRT and the words 'Champion' and 'Gun' simply don't go together.

Wasn't the worst but Champion and Gun you've got to be F**king kidding me.
by carey
Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg's Ty Allen to Retire

A true SANFL player and one worthy of respect.
He, the Gowans boys, Sheedy, Cicca and Zorzi could all sit around and talk about their no-holds-barred battles and have each others' respect, I suspect.
Good luck with the retirement.
by Dogwatcher
Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |