Search found more than 1380 matches

Return

Re: Things that you rate!

Scoring a set of taylormade r7 irons (3I-PW plus 2 x lob wedges), rescue club and fairway wood for $50 at a garage sale on the w/end
by MW
Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Look-a-likes

England cricketer Ben Stokes

Beeker from Muppets

by MW
Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Look-a-likes

'Razor' Ray Chamberlain

Kermit the Frog

by MW
Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

The trick to it all is to not care ;)
Seriously though, leave it at work. It will be there when you get back in the morning, no point taking it home with you also.
by MW
Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

you forgot to mention that Port lost twice on the weekend
by MW
Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 AFL Grand Final - Sydney v Hawthorn

cracka wrote:I was under the impression Hawthorn paid their players as well. Bugger me.

Sure did...10% less than Sydney
by MW
Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Off topic, but seeing as we are talking lists. People can bitch and moan about COLA as much as they want, but I think Sydney have done an amazing job based on this

This is who is lining up tomorrow and what Sydney have done well in blooding their draft picks and drafting players to their needs.

7 Ex-Swans Rookies -
Harry Cunningham
Heath Grundy
Jake Lloyd
Mike Pyke
Dane Rampe
Kieren Jack (All-Australian)
Nick Smith (All-Australian)

5 x 30-plus in the draft -
Dan Hannebery (30)
Nick Malceski (64)
Luke Parker (40)
Sam Reid (38)
Adam Goodes (43).

Only Jarrad McVeigh (5), Gary Rohan (6) and Lewis Jetta (14) were Sydney first-round picks.
and
Four players trades from other clubs - Rhyce Shaw, Josh Kennedy, Ted Richards and Ben McGlynn (another ex-rookie)

...Kurt Tippett, Lance Franklin. ;)

Both technically weren't traded, but I get your point and those 2 would be filling up most of the COLA glasses .

Incorrect. Sydney pay their players to the standard salary cap, it is the AFL who pay the players the COLA on top.
by MW
Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

If the senior assistant is that important to the sides success maybe the senior assistant should be the senior coach...
by MW
Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So I expect all and sundry to come out and bag the crap out of the GC board and management for sacking a coach before the end of the contract, and fully expect all former coaches to say they would never coach there because of that...

Interesting, yet biased analysis of the situation. :lol:

From afar do you think McKenna was doing a good job, was the right man to take the Suns to the next step, had the support of the players etc?

8)
i agree with the move!
by MW
Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Booney wrote:Would love to have a candid chat with Dangerfield about all of this.

He seems like the type of guy who would love his name in the media every day...so I dare say he would be enjoying it.
by MW
Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tippett + Buddy = No flag

Rik E Boy wrote:
westcoastpanther wrote:Crows don't lose Grand Finals....

They don't make em now they fixed the finals format.

regards,

REB

Yeah you're right cause having to play in Melbourne, Sydney, Melbourne and Melbourne 4 weeks in a row against the 4 sides that were above you on the ladder that year was an easy path :roll:
by MW
Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

if the Roos can make the top 4, the crows are capable of making the top 4. Just gotta add a few players and win the close games.

I see the same comparison of the crows 2014 with the roos of 2013

I love how Walsh emphasised the TEAM factor, was that directed at Dangerfield?

Give me a break :roll:
Someone farted...quick blame Dangerfield
There is a typhoon building over Japan...bl00dy Dangerfield
by MW
Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Taking a petulant Higgins and a finished Waite is career suicide from Scott if you ask me...sounds very similar to what Frawley did bringing in Sziller and Hudson to get to the GF after losing the prelim...and when the Crows got Carey and Burns in...and we all know how they turned out
by MW
Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bickley never should have left the media
by MW
Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When I was 17, it was a very good year....

It was all out of my system by the time I was 17...before that however...
by MW
Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:I shake my head AND frown...scares the daylights out of them.

Add throwing an arm up in the air and watch the reaction...priceless!
by MW
Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cheney is way too undersized for the role he plays...would be a bad pick up IMO
by MW
Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

kickinit wrote:
MW wrote:Quick thought...why is Patrick Ryder known as "Paddy" yet Patrick Dangerfield is known as "Patty"?

You get called patty when you think everything is about you and your bigger then the club. Also when you have a crap game you say you are injured as a cover story.

:goodman:
by MW
Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Lyons has signed a new deal with the crows

Great news for the crows haters out there

Another genuinely average footballer stuck on their list

What a pathetic post
by MW
Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Problem with both of them is they don't have a clue about any other sport but Football
by MW
Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ha! I was about to reply to the OP with "Well go to Harvey Norman then".

Harvey Norman can be hit and miss. They work on commission but they have a maximum they can earn, so if your lucky to get someone that has earn't their max they are more willing to give you discount.

If you work on the priniciple "there will always be a better deal on offer" and go in with that mindset, they soon realise and give you the best price you can get, especially if you walk away after hearing the offer.
by MW
Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Marathon/Half Marathon Running

54:17 happy with that
by MW
Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

good for "their" fans... ;)
by MW
Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: True or False

False....damn it!

TNP has never viewed this topic
by MW
Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

Beyond a joke this club. Threatening boycotting games if they don't get penalties backdated to Sept 2014 (why???) is the last straw.
What a load of crap. Firstly it is the players not the club who are driving this boycott scenerio. Secondly ive explained why a few posts above but ill explain again for you. If players are found guilty any punishment is backdated to our last game which was the finals loss to North but if the players play NAB cup then that could become their last game and thats when the penalty starts. The players want a definitive answer on the rules and I believe they are meeting with ASADA on Wednesday to go over it. If the players cant get assurances that playing the NAB games wont harm or alter the penalty then they will not play in it

Firstly, if you think it's the players driving the boycott you are delusional

Secondly, it does not make sense to backdate a punishment to September when they have not been penalised since September. Have they been banned from pre-season training? Camps? The club? No.

It's a joke.
by MW
Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bali Nine - is the death penalty justice?

Are these 2 the only ones on Death Row? What happened to the others of the Bali 9?

I don't support the death penalty, I believe everyone deserves a second chance, however it is hard to have sympathy for what they did.

One more was sentenced to death but got overturned to life without parole on appeal. The others are on 20 year sentences same as Corby.
by MW
Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just delaying the inevitable
by MW
Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2015

Feenix wrote:I still think the Cats can make the top 4

:lol:
by MW
Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Godden Steps Down as State Coach / Cornes Appointed

The bigger disappointment is Michael Handby is an assistant...what the?
by MW
Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Never in my life before have I wanted to cut a limb off more than last night :shock:

Approaching 12 months since I had an ankle reconstruction on the same leg. That fixed my ankle and Achilles issues but left me with plantar fasciitis and hip issues.

Don't know if I need a physiotherapist, chiropractor or surgeon :oops:

Sounds like you might have strength issues from the reconstruction causing tendonitis and/or bursitis in the hip. I would do some glute strength work, i.e. lunges, walking lunges, squats etc.
by MW
Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

Your daughter is not going to be suspended from her job for 2 years if there are substances in the injection that would break ASADA and WADA codes.
It's silly to compare them.
by MW
Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda 2015

I've got the saints not winning a game this year.
by MW
Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bottom line, somebody immediately took their place in the drug dealing food chain and is still selling cheap to your kids so they can get addicted.

So taking the death penalty discussion away Q, what's the answer?

In a nutshell, legalise some drugs, use the tax return to spend on education, health and rehabilitation programs.

spend the tax return on rehabilitating those addicted to the drugs the tax was generated from... :?
by MW
Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - The season opener & what it brings.

For Carltons sake I hope he isnt. He is blaming everyone except himself for the situation they are in. Time to go...Mick.
by MW
Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My car radio - works fine on every station except Triple M.
Every 10-15 seconds there's a quick pause, similar to someone pushing the pause button then play button on a disc player.
Why would this happen?
The radio is smarter than you and doesn't want to listen to that crap? ;)
Not for their carp music, the Friday Rub - very funny stuff.

Speaking of Triple M, I am not normally a BT fan but he is a different person on the radio. Enjoying his stuff now.
by MW
Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

What makes that port fan even more of an imbecile is he has filed a report with the police...but apparently he is a "nice guy" according to his friends :roll:
by MW
Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I believe in the death penalty but not for the crime they committed. However if the death penalty exists in a country for that type of crime, and you choose to deliberately committ that crime knowing full well (and they would have known) that the death penalty was in play, then I have no sympathy.
by MW
Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 10,000 Club....

Must be lol
by MW
Wed May 06, 2015 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2015

Brett kirk is a very good one captain blood

Scott burns I had for crows job last year

Think Voss will want to stick with port for at least a premiership and do a mature age apprenticeship at port for at least 2-3 years

Sanderson?? No way please no, the talking head. Why he gets a gig on gameday tv show is odd enough.

Think mick himself needs to hire someone asap to be the next coach or mick lose his job very very soon. Paul roos Goodwin style

How did that work out for him last time at Collingwood?
by MW
Thu May 07, 2015 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Had the feeling if we came up against most other sides we would of got beaten. Skill errors were there to see again, especially by foot.
by MW
Mon May 11, 2015 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

was it everyone yelling BAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL when a finger was put on the opposition that turned you away?
It was how quick they bagged their own players when they were getting beat, how ripped off they got from the umpiring decisions and how more concerned they were at seeing their cross town rivals fail more than their own success, facebook hasn't done anything to make me like them more , it's a shame as my son supports them, may father that recently passed away idolised Rory Sloane which reminds me of him every time he gets the ball and I reckon Tex is an absolute champion bloke.

You've quoted every one eyed supporters mentality regardless of team. Don't be so naive to think it is only Crows mate.
by MW
Fri May 22, 2015 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Cyrils fumble won me $32...thanks Cyril
by MW
Mon May 25, 2015 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2015

wristwatcher wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Geelongs new motto:
Finding new ways to get injured every week.

Nice change from their Captains motto ; Duck and cheat for frees.

He doesnt duck and cheat. He exploits the rules brilliantly to his advantage. Big difference.
by MW
Mon May 25, 2015 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2015

woodublieve12 wrote:
MW wrote:Mick falling on his sword with his comments this morning.

he could have kept quiet and it would all be the same... As i said earlier, good on him for saying it

Totally agree. It's Micks way or resigning without resigning. Bravo.
by MW
Tue May 26, 2015 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Developments/Projects in SA

The current location is perfect and so much land still available to use, would be silly to move it.
by MW
Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chris Judd Retires

Jim05 wrote:Great player but will probably be remembered just as much for his multiple eye gouging and dirty acts.

That would be like saying the Bombers will always be remembered as a drug cheating club...oh hang on
by MW
Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He's said he won't decide until the end of the year so no point dwelling on it...let Rucci do that every day in the Advertiser :D
by MW
Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Which was in response to Port fanatics accusing Crows fans of leaving early...its a fricking joke how much air time this non issue gets.

I couldn't care less what people do in regards to leaving a game or what they wear to the match. Clearly I'm in the minority.
I can't believe we are still talking about this. We feed the media about this crap. Just another example of Adelaide and it's small town mentality.
Absolutely, it should never of been an issue.

Spot on everyone...so lets stop talking about it! :lol:
by MW
Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another little one...Round 12

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:Like I said...agenda

So why read it? I gave up on it years ago and as such it doesn't phase me.

Pretty simple solution.

I don't but he is fricking everywhere and people talk about it!
by MW
Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another little one...Round 12

It's ok, Rucci dedicated an entire article this morning to it, including one of the mistakes being they did not report Gibbs during the game.
by MW
Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |