Search found 18 matches

Return

Re: India v Australia ODI Series

Like something from a 12th Man album, Brad Haddin has left the field after being poked in both eyes in post-wicket celebrations by Faulkner attempting a high 10 :shock: :oops:
by Interceptor
Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: India v Australia ODI Series

Finished on 5/359.
Bailey very good.
by Interceptor
Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

Stone Cold funnies:

Will Sasso as Hogan

by Interceptor
Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Saw this elsewhere and had to post it :)

by Interceptor
Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Huge news! Even though this match has been talked about for years, every time I hear the possability of this match at a Wrestlemania I get tingles down my spine.

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/sting-wants-one-match-bout-undertaker/#.UyVygMsaySM
http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/812/6847/original.jpg?w=600&h

Would be still good to see it though.
by Interceptor
Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (TV Spoilers, NO BOOK SPOILER

If Games of Thrones was an 80s show:

by Interceptor
Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

The original Peter Russell Clarke blooper tape (caution: uncut crude language]

by Interceptor
Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Shield Grand Final Thread 2014

Finished up with 2280 after 2 donuts, a pathetic 21 from Shenton and 26 from Fantasia on the forward bench.
Enough for a comfortable win over Has Been who suffered with the late outs of Murphy and Franklin.
Getting the captain right with Selwood sealed the deal.

Congratulations to our new Premier League premier! Well played interceptor
Thanks Hondo, good to get home in the end.
Had a strong start to the season, but mid-season onwards was tougher and I used up my last trade to replace Beams last week.
In the end I was slightly less affected by the carnage that ensued, but in any case I'd say StevieJ is on my 'never again' list!
by Interceptor
Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Shield Grand Final Thread 2014

Finished up with 2280 after 2 donuts, a pathetic 21 from Shenton and 26 from Fantasia on the forward bench.
Enough for a comfortable win over Has Been who suffered with the late outs of Murphy and Franklin.
Getting the captain right with Selwood sealed the deal.
by Interceptor
Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

**** YEAH!

Followed the game from around 6 am (in London).
Nerve racking final moments, massive win!
by Interceptor
Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1921 - 1963

robranisgod wrote:Without having seen Ken play I imagine he was a cross between Dunstall and Daicos.

Could be about right.
Based on some very brief SA vs Vic footage that surfaced last year, I thought he might have been a similar type of player to Allen Jakovich.
by Interceptor
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1964 - 1990

Which opens up the discussion, even though Norwood won in 82 and 84 I thought they underachieved in the late 80s, early 90s with the talent they had.

So did, but the more Ive reflected over the years Im not so sure. I really felt we were probably the 2nd best side of 87', but as you'd know that North side was pretty special and highly motivated. 1990 is one I reckon we were possibly good enough, 89' too but no others. When you look at our 84' side perhaps we over achieved??
Feel like we should have made a least one more GF after 1984.
Looking at the finals results of the Balme era:

1980-1984 13 wins 4 losses @ 86% (including 3 GF appearances)
1985-1990 4 wins 9 losses @ 30% (including 3 PF appearances in a row 87-89)

Probably a combination of reasons and circumstances for the failings in the mid to late 80s, including losing some pretty handy players like Tim McNeill and Richard Anderson. We seemed to lack potency up forward that other clubs had as Neville Roberts finished his career.
by Interceptor
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think we did gel in 1990 around the middle part of the season winning something like 8 on the bounce, including wins over Glenelg and Port Adelaide footy Park and North at Prospect. Then Weeding went down and some lingering off-field issues came to the fore again. My belief has always been that those sides you mentioned had our measure simply because we weren’t as physically hard as them. John Cahill used to say the more a side handled the ball, the less their style stood up in the presssure of finals (not verbatim by you get the drift). I used to think he was fairly and squarely thinking of Norwood when he said that. We tried to play attractive footy as opposed to effective footy and those 3 sides simply found us out. One of our biggest problems was that all of the heavy lifting in the “mongrel” department was left to Macca and not spread enough across the entire playing group.
That's pretty much right about 1990.
Slowish start, pretty good in the middle, but then the wheels really fell off at the end with thrashings from North and Port in the last 2 rounds before an inglorious exit at the hands of South who had a 9-11 minor round record :roll:

We certainly were bit of a "handball happy" side, which led to over possession.
Perhaps lacking in a bit of toughness sometimes.
1988 sticks out badly where after a good Qualifying win over Centrals we lost Macca (knee) and Kelly (suspension) and then had a disasterous match against Port, although the match against Glenelg ended up being a much closer affair.
by Interceptor
Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

4/51984
Football Park

PA 2-4....10-7...15-13...20-14[134]
NW 5-2...7-3...10-5.......14-7 [91]

I was at this historical match, I was one of the recorded crowd of 19512 who attended
It was on a friday night ,and it was the first match under lights at this venue
I was reasonably happy at quarter time
NW slumped to 2-4 at this stage and in danger of missing finals , but ended up the 1984 Premiers

Probably the only satisfying thing about this match for me as a Norwood supporter is the part when Dwayne Russell gets belted.
Peter Marker's commentary was gold:

Peter Marker: "Dwayne Russell is DOWN!"
"Oh Tom Warhurst came in and went BANG!"
"Dwayne Russell is holding his face."
"I'll tell you what that is as good a smash as you've even seen!"

See here on the 1984 The Way it Was video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czoN-OS1g7E&t=18m12s
by Interceptor
Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Magellan wrote:1975 elimination final had 52 behinds scored - Port 11.32 beat North 8.20.

Sturt also kicked a horrendous 5.23 the following week in the 1st Semi.

Edit: I'll add South Australia kicking 30.39 against Qld in 1980.
by Interceptor
Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RIP

darley16 wrote:Very sad news, one of the best kicks in the League, beautiful to watch. Along with Nails & Schneezer too young.

This would have been one of his best moments I imagine -goaling from well inside the centre square at FP:

by Interceptor
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |