Search found 7 matches

Return

Re: Nathan Bassett

fester69 wrote:Funny, funny!!
Okay let's narrow it down - by lesser clubs I really mean Woodville - West Torrens Eagles, Peckers, Warriors!

And that other club that couldn't win a flag until the SANFL became a feeder league, let's not forget them.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Just when you thought Mighty Eagles "Nurses" thread and UK Fan's "Norwood screwed" thread couldn't be trumped along comes Apache with this ripsnorter.

I dips me lid to you, Apache. I dips me lid.

Who have Norwood screwed over more? Centrals. Who can't fathom that the SANFL was in fact compromised in 1991? Centrals. Problem Solvered.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North v Norwood - Anzac Day - Post Game

Any club arrogant enough to appoint a coach with zero coaching experience just because he knows the game plan are in for a rude shock. Norwood are starting to see this. Ben Warren may see the year out but Norwood will look back on this appointment with regret. Quiz question: have Norwood ever won a flag coached by a coach who was appointed to the job with any substantial prior coaching experience?

2012/13: Bassett. Basically nil.
1997: Rohde. Nil. Straight out of VFL/AFL playing career.
1982/84: Balme. Nil. Straight from VFL playing career.
1975/78: Hammond. Nil. Appointed as playing coach.
1946/48/50: Jack Oatey. Nil. Appointed, and won all flags, while still playing.
1941: Perc McCallum. Seemingly nil. Retired from playing 1940, appointed coach immediately.
1929: Walter Scott. Nil. Playing coach.
1925: Syd White. Nil. Playing coach.
1922/23: Tom Leahy. Seemingly nil. Retired from playing 1921, appointed coach immediately.

The flag that Norwood won prior to that was 1907, and the first entry in the Norwood club history of a coach being appointed is the year 1909, i.e. for all Norwood flags prior to 1922 there was no coach.

Might be just a coincidence. But equally it might mean something that Trevor Hill, when appointed, had more coaching experience and credentials than all of the above coaches put together. It might mean that if you've got the right dude, experience is vastly overrated. Whether Norwood have the right dude remains to be seen. But if Nathan Bassett was judged exclusively on his first 4 minor round games, he was one of Norwood's worst appointments of all time, and at the time some keyboard warriors no doubt had a ball delighting in all of the 'sack Bassett' threads that were going to be raining down come the end of 2010.
by SimonH
Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Foxtel Cup 2014

As a Norwood supporter & member I am very angry how our club has treated & disrespected this competition. As a far as I am concerned they have let themselves, our supporters, members & sponsors down & have lost some respect from everyone in the football community that we have worked hard to gain over the last 136 years
I respect & am proud of the guys who played for the NFC last night. & know they did their very best.
I can not accept putting a team on the park not capable of competing let alone winning
I love winning & I can accept a loss but I can not accept what we did as a club last night
I have made my point in an email to the club asking for an apology
If we are to play in a competition we should have enough pride to give ourselves the very best opportunity to win or at least be competitive. & not lose respect because it didn't quite suit us.
by philcas
Wed May 28, 2014 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

I invite Hocking to look at the scoreboard.
by Mic
Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 80s/90s SANFL games on youtube

[quote="I know sa football archive uploaded quite a bit a few years ago but they stopped a few years ago and they said they wouldd upload everything once they were finished but they never did.[/quote]

Been distracted by non-football matters for a few years. I am now back on the case and currently uploading everything in full. Estimating 3 months and all the preview videos on YouTube will be replaced by full content. After that I will be uploading, in full, everything else I have that is not currently on YouTube (there is a lot!). Everything will be indexed on a web page with a YouTube link.
by bays2011
Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dear Spelly: Bays v Souf

That's something I didn't notice. It's actually just the third occasion post WW1, the other two being the premiership decider in 1921, and Rd 19 1968:

Port 3.1 4.3 4.6 4.8 (32)
Norwood 0.4 1.5 2.6 3.6 (24)
Adelaide, 34800

West 5.1 8.2 8.5 8.5 (53)
Glenelg 3.2 4.3 7.4 7.5 (47)
Glenelg, 12462
by spell_check
Tue May 18, 2021 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |