Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: Norwood Senior Coach - Ben Warren appointed

There seem to be a great many tits (i.e. knockers) on here who fail to acknowledge the long, powerful, poignant & respectful history
between the South Adelaide & Norwood Football Clubs. Ancient boundary lines, player retention & margins are still bones of contention
for many lovers of ‘Eternal Football in South Australia’. Let other ‘minor clubs’ please take note.
AND, let NO ONE forget South Adelaide won the very 1st Premiership in our ‘stand alone’ association !

Yes, Norwood is the only club to ever win 6 flags on the trot from the start, but South Adelaide will always be remembered for
winning the very first. They must ALWAYS be respected for that. Knowledgeable and caring Norwood fans will forever be disgusted
by the disgraceful treatment of the South Adelaide Football Club by the ‘Association’ and subsequent ‘League’ zoning stupidities !

Over the years, quite a number of Norwood players had the name Warren. Connections are yet to be proven, but what is truly
substantive and demonstratively magnificent in this thread, are the number of South Adelaide faithful who have quite rightly shown
respect and good wishes to one of their very own. Ben Warren gave of his all for The Panthers in a time of utter loss. He was physically
destroyed by amazingly loyal efforts, way above and beyond his body’s capabilities. Only after recuperating, when offered a new
opportunity for much deserved success, did he try yet again.

I applaud any and all South Adelaide supporters who wish Ben Warren well after he gave of his all for you. If ANY Norwood man takes
you to a long overdue Premiership, I would quite happily applaud a ‘Blue & White’ unveiling of The West End chimney while SAFC fans
go utterly beserk ! May it happen very soon, but never against Norwood.
;)

Luv,
Sabre.
by SABRE
Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Will Sturt pay the transfer fee for Giles to Centrals before paying the ones to Port this season?

Who would you have to pay the transfer fee to? Port Magpies dont exist anymore.
Surely any player leaving Port would be free since they are not required players and Port can not pay them their worth.
Why should the Power benefit from the sale of SANFL players?
by daysofourlives
Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Why is it the Crows and their nuffy supporters think that not just the SANFL clubs but every club in the state should do everything they possibly can to make them successful?
We don't bend over to help Carlton or Kangaroos or Brisbane, the Crows are no different
You are not the state team.
There is probably more South Australians that support Victorian clubs than SA clubs
And probably more members of interstate sides aswell, not sure of other clubs but Essendon had just over 5,500 SA members and id think Collingwood, Carlton and Hawthorn would have similar if not more

What is with that? I've never understood the desire to follow, let alone become a member of an interstate AFL side. Sure there'd be a few that lived there or knew someone that plays for them, but what about the rest? What connection is there? Just pick a side you saw on tv one day? Liked the colours? Seems a bit plastic to me.

It is sh*t that there are more members of Essendon in SA than any SANFL club.
by Aerie
Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

What you guys seem to be missing is what is best for the players, not what is best for your selfish attitudes, or the selfish attitudes of the sanfl clubs for that matter.

I would rather see any centrals player playing the highest level, or giving themselves the greatest chance of personal development.

So for younger players that means playing in the AFL environment year round - I think it's a no brainier that this is a good thing for them.

For someone like nutta, opportunity to captain as well as development and coaching roles make it a no brainier for him too. So good luck to him I reckon

I think what has everyone up in arms is that for the first time the paradigm shift that happened 22 years ago is finally codified - the SANFL is primarily a breeding ground for AFL players. I, for one, don't think this is a bad thing, and I don't think it diminishes the importance or the integrity of the league either. It's just different. Once the season is underway I think it will be business as usual, save for the inevitable "OMG the crows reserves are top/bottom"

No one i know would hold any animosity towards Callinan, clearly there are things the Crows can offer him off field that will help him along the way.

But the structure that he operates under is untenable, you tell me how a quality, stand alone competition is enhanced by a system where the clubs are operating under 3 different sets of rules and conditions (SANFL clubs, Ravens, Port Magpies) thanks to an SANFL commission that hasn't had the courage or integrity to stick by it's own statements and past commitments.

The SANFL should not be sacrificed to the almighty AFL, just because of the massive power imbalance between the two.
by Ronnie
Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

The relentless f*ckwitdness of the Crows and Power supporters on this thread reminds me what we've lost when we admitted their f*cktard ilk into the SANFL.

English would be nice

Ilk throw you oik?

nope didn't throw me, just trying to understand what you where saying. What have you lost. What has any power support on this thread said, to remind you of your so call loss?

I rest my case re the whole English as a second language thing

Just sh*ts me to tears that you mindless sheep who follow the two AFL teams from Adelaide thinks the sun shines out of your collective ar*es.

You know what, I don't give a flying *uck what the Power or the Crowz do, pretend clubs in an artificial league, they do not, and will never, represent South Australian football heritage no matter how many state jumpers or creeds exploited for commercial advantage they flog off to the brain dead twerps who think they barrack for them.
by topsywaldron
Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 State Game - SANFL v VFL @ Port Melbourne (Sat 31/5

Dozens weren't available for the VFL as were many not available for the SANFL due to the rules in place that don't allow AFL listed players in the game. As AFL players play in the respective comps (with many more in the VFL) the only fair indication of where the comps stand would be to included them. At least it would have some relevance then, yesterdays match has none. That's weird. Where there are 10 AFL sides based in Victoria, and 2 in South Australia, it's neither controversial nor interesting to observe that the non-selected AFL players running around in the VFL each week are going to be far more numerous than those running around in SA—and so if you had to form a notional 'best 22' out of them (for some unknown reason), it would probably be better than the best 22 non-selected AFL players playing in the SANFL. What "relevance" there would be in proving that 10 > 2, in a battle of the out-of-favour AFL-listers, is anyone's guess. Even presuming that the AFL clubs would release their 'best' non-selected players to play in the game, that kind of 'best of the rejects' model doesn't sound like any interstate contest I've ever heard of. Whereas the best players who are contracted to play in the SANFL, and in fact play each week in the SANFL, versus their counterparts from the VFL selected on the same basis, is true to the spirit of interstate footy going back to the year dot.

If people think that's irrelevant, that's up to them. It's only been going for 135 years now, so I'm sure it'll fall into disuse some time soon.
by SimonH
Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

Recently dead set broke, struggled to make the finals in recent years, get gifted an AFL laden side with full time professionals, $9.3M salary cap, $40M+ revenue with sponsorship dollars galore and AFL facilities ... and still couldn't beat a true SANFL club on a sub $400K salary cap, part time players, barely $2-3M revenue, and no clubrooms.

We are Port Adelaide my arse, you are cheating scabs, and you still couldn't do the job.

Congratulations Norwood Football Club, Premiers 2014.

MONSFAW
by dedja
Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Crows are 'lucky' they've had a good run with injuries unlike poor old South. Hmmm...if South had a tenth of the rehab facilities that the Crows enjoy and if it's players didn't have to front up for proper work the following Monday instead of getting tattoos and playing PS4 then perhaps they might have stood a chance.
by zipzap
Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magarey Medal

Good stuff Kirkwood, great to see the award won by a player from a genuine club
by Jim05
Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I know from my time with an SANFL Club in recent years the players look forward to playing the Crows and Port because it gives them an opportunity to test themselves against AFL listed players.
And the first two weeks of the finals proved that a finals quality SANFL team when matched up against a fully-fledged squad of AFL standard players fails that test dismally. I'm sure the Centrals and in particular the South players love the concept right now.

You all just need to accept it wont change no matter how much you all cry on this thread!!
There's no mistaking the title of this thread. It's called the 'The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread'. Like most threads, it does what is says on the tin. You need to find the 'I love the reserves sides in the SANFL' thread, I'm sure it's one here somewhere. You're also free to start your own celebration of the the AFL reserves sides thread if you can't find it.

Perhaps we know that there's no chance in achieving the change we want. Perhaps that's not the point. Perhaps it's about simply venting our frustration, because for a lot of us the love for our club and the integrity of the comp stretches back decades, and we're entitled to be pissed off about change that (a) we weren't consulted on, and (b) is demonstrably ******* the comp.
by Magellan
Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL ROUND 14

I find it hard to see Glenelg getting within 15 goals of the power reserves. Would be roughly 800 AFL games played in the opposition.

Meant a lot last week when we easily accounted for Centrals. Oh wait
Ah, the highs & lows of following an AFL reserves side in the SANFL with unbelievable advantages over their opponents...
by Spargo
Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eagles v Port Sat 1410

Just have no marquee player I reckon. Each club has a squad of players so go for it. Its a load of croc as is the mid season draft . If clubs cant select the right players then look at the recruiting staff.
by Brett
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 SANFL Salary Cap

Ridiculous decision

I get clubs are having to be cautious but all this will do is see more players leave for country comps. In turn the secondary consequences will make it harder for clubs to survive
by whufc
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Qualifying Final - Adelaide v Norwood

MW wrote:
nwdfanparade wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Smallest crowd I've seen at a Crows final.

The planes flying over the oval made more noise than the crowd ! :shock: :lol:

How loud was the song sung in the Norwood changerooms?

I'm not aware of clubs singing their song after a loss. :(
by nwdfanparade
Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |