Search found more than 1277 matches

Return

Re: 2013 Draft November 21

GWW wrote:Good luck with that :)

Melbourne would be Adelaide's version of Alan Bond if they accept that deal!!
by am Bays
Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: India v Australia ODI Series

Sam_goUUUdogs wrote:http://youtu.be/8YQOfiTIiFs

approx 2:05 min mark

:D
by am Bays
Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sachin Tendulkar announces Test retirement

Had to clean my computer screen after I saw this on facebook....
by am Bays
Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2013/2014

Read a funny quote on The LAD Bible this morning: "David Moyes has spent the last 11 years trying to get Everton to beat Man Utd at Old Trafford, and tonight he finally achieved it!"
by am Bays
Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

bennymacca wrote:Damien Fleming just tweeted this. Looks pretty awesome!

If you want to drive in Perth this week, hire a car....
by am Bays
Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 4th test Boxing Day - Melbourne Discussion

What a bunch of bandwagonners the Barmy Army are ...

A lot like you blokes on here fair dinkum it's like a hair salon in here you blokes shit can your own team the second they look like failing. Yet when your up and about it's all good.

You've all hated Haddin and Johnson yet now your in love with them. :roll: same as Smith you all hate him hits a ton bang you all love him.

Like the australian media in today's paper Kallis retires because Australia are 3-0 get fu&@ed typical australian media bullshit.
Your first posts on an ashes thread since the Adelaide test.

No coincidence it's England's best day of the series

Pot, kettle, black, calling, the - you join the dots.
by am Bays
Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Central's have officially announced two more recruits...

http://www.cdfc.com.au/club-news/2-more-recruits/

Johann Wagner - a full forward from Port Lincoln...

Jacob Olsson - a ruckman from country NSW...

Centrals recruiting has been very underwhelming...
The modern Footballer/recruit just doesn't want to play for a club that still sews numbers onto it's guernsies Dutchy.
by am Bays
Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Just when you thought Mighty Eagles "Nurses" thread and UK Fan's "Norwood screwed" thread couldn't be trumped along comes Apache with this ripsnorter.

I dips me lid to you, Apache. I dips me lid.

I like the threads originality. it's good to break new ground and not debate/discuss the same subject matter over and over again on here.

Helps keep the vibe and general freshness of the site on the up, who needs Diss and his format changes!!
by am Bays
Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cycling: fitness, racing or leisure rides..

Well I know I struggled....

6 hrs 22 min ride time total time 7hrs 19 min.

5802 Kcal burned average HR of 148 (87% Max HR)

Ave speed 22.9 km/h (p!ss weak) Max 66 km/h

I reckon it was about 10 km too long but my opinion is clouded by the fact I lost my 34 tooth front crank after Aldgate. Made Pongy reservoir KOM a bit difficult had to walk 500 m of it between the 2km and 1 km to go mark.

Can't wait to do next year again but given the chaos for traffic on the freeway, I doubt we will be going up the through the tunnels again anytime soon!!!
by am Bays
Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: T20 series V England

It's not even commentating anymore it's just full on barracking! They don't even try to hide it anymore

Is that Nicholas and Bumble and their POM barracking you going on about. Never listened to Hussain on Skysports during the winter??

Doesn't make it right but don't whinge about stuff that all home broadcasters do. it is why Ian Chappell is the best commentator as he makes comments without fear or favour to either side.

Mind you neither the Channel 9 or the Skysports teams have a patch on Sunny G and the rest of the Star Sports/BCCI commentary team
by am Bays
Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

The longer this club exists the more and more disillusioned i have become with it, this is one 23yo club playing in a Victorian based competition, they don't own footy in SA nor do they solely represent it's history. This mob has got WAY ahead of itself.

Most importantly they DO NOT represent this state, nor all South Australians.

Born out of all the ten SANFL league clubs in 1990 Booney

Since 1990 they've been fighting and representing you mate as the team for all South Australians.

In round 2 they'll be out there playing agaisnt some other AFL franchise as South Australia's club.

You, beeny, GWW, etc are their 19th man.....
by am Bays
Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

The Fringe

Seriously if I want to mix with a bunch of hippies I'd go to Nimbin.

Only want annual so Rann could suck up to his live in Arty Scrag after giving Chantalois a belting in the parklands.

FMD!
by am Bays
Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

Jesus!! How good is that bird in the bikini and straw hat on the sun lounge??
by am Bays
Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAB Challenge

Booney wrote:
am Bays wrote:Both teams to finish bottom two, too many turnovers

Port for the spoon, lock it in

Since you became a full time troll I find your posts easier to ignore. :lol:

but I get more "likes" now!!!
by am Bays
Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAB Challenge

Both teams to finish bottom two, too many turnovers

Port for the spoon, lock it in

Since you became a full time troll I find your posts easier to ignore. :lol:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/technology/one-in-20-people-are-internet-trolls-with-the-attributes-of-sadists-and-psychopaths-according-to-paper-in-sciencedirect/story-fnjwnorf-1226829078108

It's in The Powertiser, it must be true....
by am Bays
Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:Does anyone have any inside mail on which way the independents might go?

I'm tipping Brock, Main North rd/Hwy One towards 'Pirie and Fisher Flaggie Hill rd towards Happy Valley.
by am Bays
Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Groover wrote:Calling up 5aa this morning and winning tickets to the showdown :)

What was first prize??
by am Bays
Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

There aren't enough gifs in the world to express how hilarious that is.

It's the airport all over again.

i for one would love to see this kind of thing introduced here...

look at the EPL and listen to their crowds chanting. It sounds amazing when they all start with the same chant. do you reckon they just wing it or have organised 'practice' sessions to nut out new chants?!?

a bit of tall poppy syndrome creeping in here methinks...

Nope, the fact that soccer relies on the crowd to create the atmosphere semonstrates why it is a 2nd rate sport.

It is the action on the field that creates the atmosphere and gets the crowd involved.

Truly cringeworthy.

Just when you thought the 19th man noise-o-meter couldn't be topped....

reinforces why I am an ex- Adelaide FC member
by am Bays
Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Tribunal News & Discussions

Inadequate given the 10 weeks Scooter got 24 years ago and he was provoked through an off the ball incidents 5 mins before hand.

No I won't get over it!!!
by am Bays
Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Couldn't get past this bit:
Booney wrote:"Wind is God's way of balancing heat. "

:oops:

So when I "pass wind" it is actually God "thermoregulating" me....
by am Bays
Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thursday - 24/4 a missed opportunity?

Well SA Footy didn't miss an opportunity to start another AFL in the SANFL thread....
by am Bays
Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 Glenelg V Norwood Post Match

If there were no AFL reserves teams Tex would've played last night, crowd would have been over 7000.

I blame Chapman and the Crows for the poor crowd. :D
by am Bays
Sat May 03, 2014 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 6 - Port Magpies v Sturt @ Alberton (Sun 11/5)

johntheclaret wrote:
phantom57 wrote:This will be a cracker of a game and I am expecting that the Double Blues will deliver a MDM.....? :D

What's an MDM

Mothers Day Massacre
by am Bays
Thu May 08, 2014 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: First meeting of the Adelaide Football Club

So what you are saying is that the Adelaide Football Club pre-dates the Port Adelaide Football club by about 10 years.

Interesting.....
by am Bays
Tue May 13, 2014 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton inc Post Matc

*Attention Mods*

I thought all AFL reserves talk was suppose to be in the whinge thread? Seriously can't understand how simple it is to keep the crap in 1 thread. Instead week after week we have idiots talking crap i n a post game thread.
We'll stop posting then.

He said "Attention mods".... ;)

He has my attention but I am ignoring him
by am Bays
Mon May 19, 2014 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Sis in laws partner has a chest virus/cold/cough and is contagious... My wife is 32 weeks pregnant and my daughter is under the age of 2.

NOW WHY THE **** WOULD COME ANYWERE NEAR MY WIFE AND DAUGHTER WHEN YOU DON'T NEED TOO YOU STUPID BITCH!!!!!!!! CHUCK IN MY SIS IN LAW INTO MY GRIPE, SHE SHOULD ALSO KNOW BETTER!!!!

Now my wife is starting to feel crook!!! Thankfully my daughter hasn't felt crook yet...

I bloody hate sis in laws partner, she is a dead set piece of sh*t

Diesel Dykes, it's all about them isn't it.....
by am Bays
Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 10 - Glenelg v South - Post Game

Booney wrote:Every competition in the world always ends up with the giants of the competition being the biggest of foes.

:lol: :lol:
by am Bays
Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - Norwood v Glenelg @ Coopers Stadium (Sat 21/6

Worried about the rain dragging us back down to Norwood's level. Bays by two goals still though!
by am Bays
Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

maxyoz wrote:I'll be there, hope the beer is cold.

I hope you're bringing Apricot Slice as well.

Rather than beer, I thought a nice thermos of Earl Grey tea would be more of your choosing ....

Do Crow-Mania sells Crows thermos' or do you go for the more traditional tartan design??
by am Bays
Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Gee, this thread got a bit bogged down in the 50s, bit of mental relaxation after bring up the half ton is not unusual, but gee were are powering through the 70s now. Will the nervous 90s effect us.....
by am Bays
Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Annoying!!!

Got told this by my brother, while they were waiting in the waiting room when my wife was giving birth to our first...

Spaz : Can we just find out if its a boy or girl so we can go?
My bro : :shock:
My wifes best friend : :shock:

there is more from this day but i'll save them for another time...

It was the first time my brother met her, he said he has never disliked someone so fast

Maybe you should have a word to your sis-in-law, that if she and "biggus dipshittus" ever decide to have a child (hopefully they don't you have to prepare yourself for that eventuality) suggest maybe it is your sis-in-law" who should provide the egg.

For the sake of man kind ;) the other one's DNA should not be allowed to be replicated in any way shape or form!
by am Bays
Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Whicker Retires

UK Fan
by am Bays
Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - Glenelg v Eagles @ Gliderol (Sun 6/7)

Anyone seen the Running Sheet for this game?
by am Bays
Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

So both (this is not just a Port issue even though I'm posting in the Port thread - don't want to be accused of bias 8) ) clubs want to review the stadium deal - with Caro firing the bullets (hide behind the skirt boys)

Fair enough, seems only fair then, the handing back of the licences deal should be re-negotiated given if both clubs get a better deal the licences are now worth more, certainly more than when teh original SMA deal was signed which was a pre-curser to the deal for the handing back of the licences ???

Surely that is an appropriate outcome, which both AFL clubs would be prepared to countenance/accept....
by am Bays
Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chris Davies departure

Dogwatcher wrote:Whatever your thoughts, it would not be an easy job.

I also have a inkling of someone who may be very interested in the position...

UK Fan???
by am Bays
Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chris Davies departure

Dogwatcher wrote:Not from here but I know they read the boards.

adelaidefc
by am Bays
Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

The thread that keeps on giving...
by am Bays
Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Accidently clicking on the Nurses anecdote thread and reading a post.

I feel like I should be hit with the ban stick.....
by am Bays
Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Australia v West Indies 1995

Fox 2 had a documentary/review of the series on last night.

Julian, M Waugh, and Blewett all provided insights on teh series through the Test matches.

I don't care what anyone says, you are not a red-blooded Australian male cricket fan if you don't get a hard-on when you watch Steve Waugh tell Ambrose to "F** Off, Just F*** Off and Bowl" as Ritchie Robinson tries to pull Ambrose away on that Trinidad pitch.

This was after Ambrose and given him the 15 sec stare after he put one past Waughs grill, and Waugh asked "What the F** are you looking at?" "Don't you Cus me mon, Don't you cus me" says Ambrose, then Waugh uttered those words....

To me that was the turning point of Australia's 10 year dominace of world cricket.

I remember watching it live on Channel 10 at 2 in the morning back then and I barred up watching it live and I barred up again last night.
by am Bays
Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - Glenelg v Port Magpies @ Gliderol (Sat 23/8)

Rising Power wrote: If Glenelg are considered 'league level' that is.

Dunno about Glenelg but The Fuchia certainly isn't...
by am Bays
Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Days like today make it all worthwhile

Rd 22 1979 comes to mind at Footy Park

Similarly Rd 5 1994 at Footy Park once again

Good team effort

As Winston Churchill once said:

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.
by am Bays
Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kudos to Tommy Logan who apparently organised for the Port players to provide a guard of honour for Ty Allen as he left the Bay oval for the last time as a player.

Wouldn't expect anything less from Loges. #class
by am Bays
Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: India's tour of Australia - Summer 2014/15

Australian fans generally hate the visiting side no matter who is touring. They also always and I mean always single out the visiting sides best batsmen and the sides best bowler and direct abuse at them the whole tour.

This year it'll probably be Kohli and Sharma

FMD

I won't deny that there is a section of Australian cricket supporters who get a skinful and then say stupid idiotic abusive things to opposition teams and players but here's a reality check for you Carey, it happens all over the world in all sports. A moronic minority get noticed for their stupidity and the vast majority of supporters get accused of being like them. As your sweeping generalisation of a post has so clearly exhibited.

Warney got abused in England, so did Merv Hughes, Greg Matthews was egged in New Zealand in 1985, Symonds was abused terribly in India. These are just examples but it happens everywhere we go and it happens when visiting teams come here. However it is a minority of brain dead supporters that do it.

I've watched cricket in this country for over 30 years at live venues and by far most Australian supporters respect and appreciate the best players from other countries. Yes we might not want them to do as well as we would like as we like to win but when they do do well Australians will applaud and appreciate them.

So don't give me the ugly Australian crap. Yes there will be times when I will hear things this year and i will cringe but that will be by far in the minority compared to the appreciation of good cricket by both teams.
by am Bays
Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Does anyone here work for or can recommend a good roller door place?
The garage roller doors (electric) are noisy as shit, so wanna get a service or something on them to shut them the **** up.

I hear that Gliderol is pretty good 8)

They have good reviews, especially if you want them to spend more time at the bottom and not so much at the top.

I see what you did there.... :evil:
by am Bays
Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Financial Status Of SANFL Clubs 2014.

FFS, Glenelg's annual report laid it all out to bare last year as it should have. If you know how to read it you could easily see whether the issues were. There was no hiding and no financial auditor would sign off on so called 'cooked books'.

You clearly don't understand financials.

So you don't believe SANFL clubs move money around their various entities at various times of the year to suit their reporting periods or aims of showing improved financial performance etc etc? It happens all the time and for you not to believe it shows how naive you are about the real world.

Plus I know, for an indisputable fact, it does happen at this level.
Naturally you've forwarded these facts on to ASIC given the level of impropriety...
by am Bays
Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Passion for SANFL Football is Gone !!

My passion for the SANFL and the Bays hasn't waned this year but my passion for footy has. The reserves teams have reinforced in my mind how far removed the AFL competition is from the sport I used to love: Australian Football. I watch AFL with only a passing interest now. Whereas in the past I'd know the ladder and finals permutation come rd 21-22 this year NFI. Used to watch AFL 360 regularly no longer, the cricket from England in the last month has been a godsend and by the time the repeat of 360 comes on at 9:30 I'm usually watching Mike and Mike in the morning.

I do like watch the exploits of ex-bays players and coaches in the AFL and I get enjoyment in them doing well but the industry that it is, is an anathema to me. It has even seen me having less interest in umpiring in the SFL and GSFL so my interest in the lower leagues has even waned.

In summary this year has made me love the SANFL just as much but love the AFL and it's associated industry even less.
by am Bays
Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Financial Status Of SANFL Clubs 2014.

Yes, a mate of a mate who used to work with a mate said so.

As opposed to your so called indisputable facts of course. :lol:

Anyway, back in the real world and not Dedja's pixieland, maybe it is only Norwood who move money in and out of Trusts that have no obligation to report publicly.

What is the benefit of moving the funds in and out of these said trusts?

It allows for the propagation of conspiracy theories....
by am Bays
Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores - Week 1 2014 Finals

Yep, I've selected a pie over the BBQ at Richmond...
by am Bays
Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores - Week 1 2014 Finals

wristwatcher wrote:
dedja wrote:Reserves Elimination at Richmond - Final Score

Glenelg 9.16 64
Norwood 10.5 65

9.16 is 70- did we win or lose. its saying that on every bloody website?????

We've just been moving goals between trusts to hide the true result...
by am Bays
Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: adelaide oval SANFL experiance

mickey wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
maxi wrote:Looking at that photo whats happened to the turf on the hill its brown.

Grass has been dead for awhile now

It's not dead. The turf is Santa Ana couch, it goes dormant in the winter and the foot traffic makes it lose its colour.

It's not Dead, it's restin'
by am Bays
Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |