Search found more than 1283 matches

Return

Re: R8: Glenelg v Centrals - Saturday 14 May @ Gliderol S

So 10 minutes or so from the end an announcement comes over the PA that we should all think of the neighbours when we leave, and leave quietly. It was tempting, I must admit.

But then when the game is over, they blast the old Tigerland from the PA 3 or 4 times. I don't think the departing fans are the disturbance.

Hey give us a break we've hardly heard it over the past five years after a home game....,
by am Bays
Thu May 19, 2016 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

The mob who live over the road from us... She is up the duff again... For the 7th time - :shock:
I guess we know how they fill their spare time.
Makes me wonder if its the same bloke from our footy club lol! His mrs is expecting #7 - and all the kids are under the age of 8 or 9 from memory :shock: :lol:
Don't think so, the age er....spread (ahem) ranges from about 21 to newborn last year, then this next bun in the oven.

Maybe she channels her inner Joan Collins as Sir Les Patterson so eloquently puts it at about the 1:00 min mark.....

Dl4ie3TaPGg
by am Bays
Thu May 26, 2016 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

It must be getting to me too.
Six weeks in Europe and I didn't even bother to check the teams or the scores on those few occasions when I had wifi access.
(Mostly staying outside the big cities.)
What?!
That's it?
No sipping expensive cappuccinos made from rare Akamazooka beans imported from Zimbabwe at a beautiful café known only to the locals in a little Hamlet nestled in the Swiss Alps, and communicating with the waiter in a pastiche of Romansche, Italian and German.
Slipping Psyber, slipping.... ;)

Don't worry he only had Nepalese pink rock salt on his pommes frites
by am Bays
Thu May 26, 2016 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood 2016

Booney wrote:
Q. wrote:We're back, baby!

:lol:

Gee you're all over this interweb thing today Boon

A good thing must have happened over the weekend....
by am Bays
Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Confabulate upon Round 12

Corona Man wrote:Confabulate.... nicely done Booney. I Eulogise your refurbishment.

I can't wait for his erudite pontification of the weeks fixtures...

by am Bays
Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hall of Fame 2015

Congratulations to Paul Bagshaw - long overdue inductee into the Australian Football Hall of Fame for Mr Magic.

One of the greats of SA Football.

For this ex-Territorian and with his nephew playing at the Bay, it was great to see Maurice Rioli inducted into the Hall of Fame as well. I remember watching WANFL highlights when I first moved to the NT in '79. That 1980 South fremantle side is one of the great teams in Australian football history (Rioli, Carter, Michael, Hardie, Vigona, Campbell). Rioli was a gun back then and he proved it making the All-Australian team again in 1988 in the Bicentennial Carnival two years after leaving the VFL.

Say what you want about the strength of the VFL compared to SANFL and WANFL in the 70s and 80s the Port Adelaide side of 1980 and the South Freo side would have played VFL finals, easily....
by am Bays
Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Donate to Glenelg to Auction off..to raise some funds..

I have to be there apparently may be I could give one to Eric and take him along.
by am Bays
Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Big call but I say, put a fork in them, they're done!
by am Bays
Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Matthew Dellavedova celebrating in the true Australian way, a loud shirt and on the cans!!

http://www.stuff.co.nz/content/dam/images/1/c/e/9/l/i/image.related.StuffLandscapeSixteenByNine.620x349.1ce04v.png/1466467835992.jpg

Lebron, Irving and the brothers are on the $200 bottles of shampoo but Delly's in the club on the $5 cans!!!

Love it
by am Bays
Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A sedulous analysis of Round 16

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I think Bruce loves everybody but plays it up beyond belief

Cyril to Lley Lley and Courier into Francesca (can't blame him there)

But it is getting cringeworthy.

Into Cathy https://soundcloud.com/12thmanhq/bruce-2000

by am Bays
Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15- Glenelg v South @ Glenelg on Saturday

Pseudo wrote:Bays good by 10 points.

Never in doubt. ;)

It was only South....
by am Bays
Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15- Glenelg v South @ Glenelg on Saturday

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:
southee wrote:Bays supporters coming out the woodwork and commenting on South coach ....

=))

Surely you're not that dumb...

:lol:

I see Glenelg won, that's a good thing....
by am Bays
Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

butchers inclusion last year at the end of the year was outstanding you can see how much endeavour he has out there "on AFL fields" and all his mates get around him

dfg.jpg

2 goals in 4 weeks, no wonder we went well.

you support port

you claim yourself as a footballing analytical engineer and you fail to see the relevance of his inclusion? :shock:

might not read your essays anymore

thinks you hate him

Firstly, I don't claim to be anything.

Secondly, you think blokes with beards worry more about their facial hair than their football and spend far too long thinking and writing about it.
Anyone else appreciate the irony of Booney posting in the Port Adelaide thread at 1 : 19 .....
by am Bays
Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R17- South v Centrals @ Noarlunga

Well done SANFL programming u18 game straight after League game , made Central wait out on the ground in the cold while Glenelg u18 came through the player's race to enter the ground.
=)) =)) =))
South 18s all over the Bay's early, got the first goal, Bays got the next 15.

Bays15 18, South 1 6 at the final siren.
by am Bays
Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R17 - Glenelg v Norwood @ Glenelg Sunday

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Lol at Bays fans complaining about the umpiring. Last 3 goals gifted to them by the cheats

They were the evener upperers

From Rd 4 at The Parade!!!
by am Bays
Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Australian Football Law, 15.2.3 a (ii) (2016 Ed)
by am Bays
Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One page to go....
by am Bays
Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Zartan wrote:Hackham to be given a second chance to re-apply for affiliation in 2017?

merge with Para Hills??
by am Bays
Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kids Eating Habits

When I got a bit older and started either cooking for myself or ordering different things at restaurants, I realised that I loved all that stuff, just that mum used to cook the shit out of it until it was dry as old boots.

LMAO exact same!! My old man likes his steak cremated, so thats always how we had it as kids .. From around the age of 16-30 I don't reckon I ate a single steak, and like you it wasn't until I tried a medium rare version that it made a regular appearance in the diet.

The old lady was big on roasts too, but always Cranberry-Turkey, Apple Sauce-Pork, Mint Sauce-Lamb, but NEVER ANY FREAKIN GRAVY!!! Who does that to a child they're supposed to love???

aH7bEytedtE
by am Bays
Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NT Election

NTX (sic) should get up there pronto

Could end up in power.

No Chance

if the one thing Territorians hate more than a dopey Govt, it Southerners coming up telling them how to do things.

Joh tried it with the Territory Nationals in the 80s, Clive tried it recently (see above).

"Independents" need to be local and well known. it's why despite being caught up in the Stella Maris union fiasco Delia Lawrie is every chance to retain the seat of Karama as an independent after being dumped by Labor. The Independants in Territory politcs by and large are existing mebers who ahve been dumped by tehir party and then gone on to win due to being an option against the two parties and their personal incumbency rating.

The normal rules of politics don't apply up there.
by am Bays
Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You know you're nearing 40 in Adelaide, when you remembe

Getting your new Greg Chappell Cricket Centre catalogue or walking down into the old Rowe and Jarman store on the south side of Grenfell St and seeing the most expensive bat for under $150 (GN GC Master Scoop)

2016-17 GCCC Catalogue has the GN Momentum Pure - $995

Your first pair of pads had buckles on them....
by am Bays
Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Indubitably, round 20.

FMD AFL supporters have no idea, especially those who wear red blue and gold

One AFL game a year is all I can bare!
by am Bays
Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:

Adelaide media at its best

This wasn't the media it was the mental giants walking out of the stadium....
by am Bays
Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FMD AFL supporters have no idea, especially those who wear red blue and gold

One AFL game a year is all I can bare!

Do us a favour and don't go. Don't need the likes of you grumpy old SANFL die-hards bringing the mood down

No it's people with an understanding of the laws of Australian football (in particular Prior opportunity and what part of the goal post and padding constitute the goal line) brings the mood down.

Was laughable after the game listening to some of the football experts proclaiming that they are going to knock off Hawthorn in the Prelim. FMD you've just had a 130 pt win over some training cones
by am Bays
Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You know you're nearing 40 in Adelaide, when you remembe

When you remember Footy Chick as Falcon Chick....
by am Bays
Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Proposing to the missus

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160815/d669c94f1e25b0104b8375c908a8b101.png

Still a bit off for me but something that's in the back of my mind, the whole how and when. For those of you who've had the ball and chain attached to your leg, interested to hear your stories of how you popped the question.

You'll stuff it up or you'll F*** up some small part of it that was in her mind that you were totally unaware of, and in 10 years time it will be brought up in some totally unrelated conversation......

Tread carefully
by am Bays
Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep, a chap was evicted after an altercation with an older lady from the FB posts I've seen.

Even on the train on the way in I heard people, in the same group of extended friends by the look of it, getting into each other in what can only be described as over the top for pre-game banter.

I had an older chap pat me on the shoulder in the Peter Carey bar before the game, saying "Sorry mate, rough night ahead for you" in his 19th man gear, he was told, clearly and succinctly.

For instant D!ckhead, just add "Showdown"
by am Bays
Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Footy Chick wrote:
HH3 wrote:When its on, can someone holla, caust I wanna watch it?

and I thought mine was clever :(

Sounds Jewbious
by am Bays
Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

So which maggots will be donning the hawks guernseys this week?

All good, we have the 3 we would wish for, Im extremely confident we will have a week off.
All the freekickhawthorn meme's are what these 3 live for, its like a drug to them. #freekickfourthorn

Who was the umpire that had the 17-1 count for Bulldogs v Crows earlier in the year?

it was Troy Pannell

Daisy, what the good oil on the Port team this weekend.....

*Snigger*
by am Bays
Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What VICS01 said

If you think we're getting shafted now a reserves comp would totally screw us over.

F@$& all media, AFL clubsAFL wanting to run junior development, diminished dividends.

I don't like the current situation but the other alternatives are far worse.

Unfortunately we aren't going back to pre-2014.
by am Bays
Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was led to believe that the terms of the Clowns presence was to be reviewed annually, purportedly so that fine-tuning could occur. Chiggy mentioned this at the GFC information night.

I have heard that since then the clubs have made suggestions for change to the SANFL - and have been broadly told to **** off. "A deal is a deal" , apparently.

I very much suspect that a review of the license fee will be handled in a similar fashion. Are they holding some sort of metaphorical gun to the club's heads? What is it they have over us to make the clubs go from a unanimous "NO" vote to a minimum required "YES" vote and then putting up with all this god damn arrogant crap? Surely if their proposal was so tenuous, with so many clauses written into the agreement, the clubs had grounds for specifying them.

Our biggest "blockers" to any licence renegotiation are Olson and Parkinson, they're the ones hell-bent on keeping the AFL clubs "sweet"

With this issue hanging over the sport: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-2016-wealthiest-clubs-in-funding-battle-with-afl-20160915-grhf6q.html the SANFL are fearful any any more money being taken out of their share of the Adelaide Oval pie.

The SMA distribution will be negotiated first before any SANFL licence fee, and the SANFL doesn't want that to happen, hence why it keeps the AFL clubs happy over the SANFL clubs

The reality is the SANFL and it's sovereign clubs are between a rock and a very hard place.
by am Bays
Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals - Week 3 LIVE Scores

Glenelg win the Under 18s by a point with a 70 metre kick against the breeze after the siren! One of the best pieces of commentary was when Harrison Cock for Glenelg entered a pack: "Cock goes in hard" :lol:
Bays kicked 6.20.
What a way to win the game
North, Glenelg Adelaide Oval, GFs, you know how the story ends....

a2oZ9vm06uw&feature=youtu.be
by am Bays
Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2016

Dutchy wrote:We still have our second rounder 8)

Booney wrote:Until you give it to Collingwood for Nathan Brown. :D
by am Bays
Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Grand Final - Sunday Sep 25 (Adelaide Oval)

Bays two flags this year, North one, Sturt one, we're the best club in the SANFL.... 8)
by am Bays
Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Congrats to Sturt.

Crowd was OK, but not great considering Sturt's following.

But excellent considering the Eagles following!!!
by am Bays
Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

24 hiours later a big shout out to @knowledge, one of the best blokes in the SANFL who has been a dedicated Sturt man for over 35 years.

Lots of great people working at SANFL clubs none better than this bloke, who is the best at what he does in SANFL
by am Bays
Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ben Warren and Norwood part company!

amber_fluid wrote:Any big name applicants?

D'Antocchia?? Colosante?? Michalanney?? Bartemecci??
by am Bays
Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To me the biggest issue is not the cap it's the use of over age (>23) senior players an ex AFL listed players.

Whilst with teh crows, this year it is a moot point (Carey is a Dud) Reynolds and Summerton should not be playing for Port. Nor should have Callinan in the past for the Crows

The reserves are there to develop their AFL players in terms of skills, games style and leadership. They shouldn't need ex AFL players or overage players to do that.
by am Bays
Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL SYDNEY VS WESTERN BULLDOGS

Dutchy wrote:???

He would've been listed as a coach/selector/official at the appropriate place on the team sheet so he could be on the ground at breaks, simple.
by am Bays
Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ben Warren and Norwood part company!

Spargo wrote:
cennals05 wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
cennals05 wrote: He looks fine.

Is that an aesthetic appraisal?

More an appraisal of the threads he was wearing.

Fine Cotton?

Well he's got a Bold Personality....
by am Bays
Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Weird habits or superstitions etc.

For the last 10 odd years I've been logging onto some random website and dribbling rubbish, via a keyboard, on a myriad of topics like: footy, politics, best beers, places to eat, cricket etc.....
by am Bays
Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Anyone know if Nick O'Brien is still at the Eagles???
by am Bays
Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Went to The AVOCA on Monday nite for "she who must be obeyed's" birthday.

Get there in time for happy hour too, so was pleased to get my favourite in pint form for $5.50 - get a least a point for that.

being the adventurous lot we are it was four schnitties all round 3 chicken and one beef.

My beef was small in area but thick so you could see it was an actual porterhous that had been smashed to buggery, then crumbed and fried not a manufactured wafer thin slice of beef pre-coated prior to arrival at the pub.

Mushroom gravy was nice and above usual pub standard.

Missus went for the chicken with the surf option but the sauce was a bit on the rich side for her but on the positive side they didn't skimp on the prawns, five good sized ones.

kids smashed their schnitties.

Chips were served to the side not on under the schnitzels :D .

three beers, two wines 2 softies, four schnitzels with Ent voucher $72.

Good feed better than average pub food (certainly well above ALM pub standard)

Will go back

8/10
by am Bays
Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2016/2017

SA 2/3

Weatherald leaves a straight one. Weird, I think he stepped across and it went on to hit leg stump with him shouldering arms. Not sure he saw it...
That did look odd. Must have lost sight of the ball

No excuses for Jake

Having spent the best part of his junior and early senior cricket in the number one net at Darwin CC which had a huge Mahogany tree behind the bowlers arm. With the sun going down at 6:45 pm in the Dry season you get used to picking out at dark red ball coming from a dark green background.

You develop an ability to pick a ball in bad light or you cop one!!!
by am Bays
Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 AFL Season

Have yourselves good year and you'll get massive crowds.
What would the AFL's dream crowds season scenario look like? I am thinking a top 8 made up of Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Richmond, Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney and we probably should count Hawthorn in that category these days.
Anyone I have forgotten?

The AFL Dream eight would be: The big four in Melbourne crowds wise are: Carlton, Collingwood, Richmond and Essendon. Hawthorn have 70 K members and of the interstate clubs the two biggest are West Coast and Adelaide with respect to memberships and being the dominant supporter base in their respective state markets. chuck Sydney in for the commercial opportunities of the biggest market in Australia or Geelong who are big in regional Victoria especially in the populous south West.

AFL would love a prelim final weekend ofany of those six Melbourne clubs
by am Bays
Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

Good that theres a batsman and bowler in the squad from South Australia, but arguably its the wrong 2 and should have been Head and Sayers instead.
You're kidding??

Head averages less than 35 in 1st class cricket. Ferg averages over 40. Ferguson had to play before Head. Patterson has to play before Head too as he averages over 40 too.
by am Bays
Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Joe Mennie - NTBPA

good 1st class cricketer hasn't the toys to cut it at the Test level.
by am Bays
Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2016/2017

Gentle 130k, low arm action, no swing

No matter our test side is getting bowled out for 85, if Mennie is a serious threat
I've seen him bowl some pretty handy spells for the Redbacks, and i think it's good that they're actually rewarding for effort last year - although perhaps his bowling at SS level is aided by the fact he's got Sayers at the other end whose very very difficult to get away.

If Australia made 400+ would people still be having the same conversations? I reckon people are looking for a scapegoat at the moment, and Mennie is obviously an easy option.. i would start with looking at that batting lineup that failed - Voges see ya!

As the one who said Mennie NTBPA I don't disagree with that. Voges has to go now has done nothing in five tests. And yes ahving more to bowl at would given him more scope to settle in to test cricket

WHUFC Mennie is bowling chest on , so his arm action is high if somewhat over perpendicular.

It's his areas and lack of movement with the ball for his pace that has me saying thanks but no thanks. He's another George, Copeland type. Good 1st class bowler but not enough toys for test level. Just like there's good 1st grade cricketers who get pole after pole in grade cricket but can't step up to 1st class level.
by am Bays
Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bottom line, we're getting a lesson how to play test cricket:
1. Bat in partnerships
2. Bowl good areas consistently
3. Field well
4. Have plans and execute them.

It isn't rocket science but gee we're making it look like it!
by am Bays
Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |