Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

It's always a farce when a team with a salary cap of $10m plays a team with a salary cap about three per cent of that.
by RB
Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

kickinit wrote:great day for footy and a great weekend for the PAFC.

We need an 'unlike' button in this system!! *grins*
by bulldogproud2
Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

Some of the players, including some who've proudly represented Norwood over the years, copped some over the top abuse at the Parade apparently, which imho isn't acceptable. Onfield sure bag the opposition as you like about dropped marks, copping a bath from an opponent yada yada, usual footy banter, but personal abuse towards blokes who had no say in the change to the SANFL doesn't make a heap of sense to me.
by JK
Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Well played North supporters

From what a heard today on the radio between 5AA/Triple M from Rowey, Roo, Ditts, Jarman, Mcdermott, Lewis and others it just made me think what media puppets these guys have become. Obviously they have a job to do by promoting and "talking up"the AFL - it is what they are paid to do but I am sure someone is putting the money in the pockets of the media outlets in Adelaide to not say anything"negative"about both Port/Crows.

Just showed me what complete media wH0res and puppets they have become.....very sad to see once such passionate players of the SANFL not have an opinion. (or have been shutdown by the powers that be!!!!) :(
by southee
Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Auckland 9's for SANFL??

Ridiculous idea!

We have threads dedicated to the poor finances of a lot of the clubs and now people want to add another comp which the clubs would have to pay the players to get involved in. Let's not forget these guys are part time players they don't want 12 months a year taken up by footy.
by Panther Pack
Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 - Central v North @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 20

Ian wrote:
Jim05 wrote:What happened to Dalwood, heard he played ammos on the weekend

He left a couple of weeks ago, body can't take SANFL anymore, gone to play with his brother

Heard he and McGregor didn't get along too well, nothing to do with the body...
by Big Phil
Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I posted this on Twitter a couple of weeks ago to the SANFL clubs and the SANFL...
by cennals05
Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just replied (still pending) to Andrews article, I hope it goes up, the only comments so far seem to be from die hard pro AFL in the SANFL muppets

This article is spot on, how many of you pro Reserves in The SANFL spruikers have been to a SANFL game in the past 2 years, for that matter, the past 10 years?

How many actually follow a traditional SANFL club (Port Reserves is no longer a traditional club)?

Anyone who does not believe the current situation is not doing more damage than has ever been done before either hasn't been to a game in a long time or is just blinded by the Corporate Franchise they follows self indulgent needs.

The people that count, those that go (or did go) week in week out are the important ones here, not someone that drops in for a quick look when their Corporate Franchise isn't playing at home, then not to be seen for another 10 games.

The $50K the crows pay to be a part ........... pfft!! Nothing more than a token insult, it goes no where near compensating for the destruction that these 2 Corporate Franchises have done to the oldest football competition in the world.

It's bad enough we have to accommodate individual players that train full time and earn more than a entire SANFL club's salary cap (incidentally, that is dictated to the SANFL by the AFL as well), then the 2 franchises get to play under 2 separate sets of rules to try and keep Ports traditional SANFL supporters happy.

If the AFL and it's member franchises took more of a NFL approach and embrace their feeder competitions (minor leagues, state leagues etc), support them, help them prosper and grow, give them their day to play without the top level playing as the NFL does, the crowds will come back, the passion will return and the AFL and their franchises would reap the benefits for decades to come, their current greed is destroying the hand that feeds them.
by Ian
Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My daughters been a trainer down at South this year and despite me hardly talking to her about the issue she's more ropable than me about the AFL sides inclusion, she sees these poor plumbers, office workers, brickies, bar staff, salesmen, etc who have to get up at 6am every day to work and then train and play and try to compete with these professionals who her to spend every day training, recovering, lifting weights and resting for games and getting paid more money than the hard workers, she's disgusted being so close to the scene. She can't believe a team who potentially are paid millions against clubs with salary caps of a couple of hundred thousand including a reserves team are allowed to compete.
Our previously fair and awesome comp is a complete unfair rabble and its breaking so many loyal peoples hearts.
by Wedgie
Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |