Search found more than 7264 matches

Return

Re: AFL 2021

DOC wrote:Wonder how Ben Dixon is going.

He's a rookie questioning a 30 year veteran. He can STFU.
by Booney
Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Kangaroo Island tomorrow for 3 nights.
by Booney
Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2021

DOC wrote:Full review Monday week?

Might get one done tomorrow morning.
by Booney
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very happy with that.

We were challenged and we responded. Butters, Rozee and Duursma all looked better for another run, Rozee very good today. Dixon another 4, McKenzie Burton and Jonas good down back. Bergman really developing too.

Good lift out of a few blokes today. Go a game ahead in 4th with the Showdown ahead.

Boons best - Amon, Boak, Wines, McKenzie, Dixon, Rozee
by Booney
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Get to Cape Jervis at 11 for 12 noon ferry to KI, only to be told it's cancelled and they can't get us over this week.

Full refund, thanks.

Keep an eye on your bank, will be back in a week or two.

FFS.
by Booney
Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:How's Clare?

Came home, did some research, Tanunda tomorrow for 2 nights.
by Booney
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now a Carlton member is calling for an extraordinary annual general meeting to have a board spill.

Carlton AND Collingwood. :lol:
by Booney
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

whufc wrote:Yeah I'm a love things in writing kind of guy. Protection, protection, protection.

If it's not in writing it never happened.
by Booney
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide 2021

The official must be congratulated, he was in an incredibly difficult situation with a club legend at the centre of this and he did the right thing, he did what we should all do and call it out.
by Booney
Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"We have to hold Taylor Walker and players like him, to a higher account than people who make these comments on social media. He has been sitting in lecture theaters for 15 years listening to how unacceptable this, and he still went out and said it."

- Kane Cornes

He's 100% right.
by Booney
Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

am Bays wrote:
Booney wrote:So Adelaide want the AFL to be the bad guys and suspend him?

How's your week been Boon?

Not bad, off to Goolwa to play golf this afternoon.
by Booney
Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Spargo wrote:Getting “hit on” by another bloke today in a public toilet.
Yep, the big fella’s still got it :lol:

And I trusted you to say nothing.
by Booney
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 21

Dirty dog wrote:
Booney wrote:4 points is 4 points.

That was horrible Boon
You sound like Stewy Dew after eating a Big Mac , large fries and vanilla thick shake.

I look like him too.
by Booney
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Lightning McQueen wrote:Finding out how Booney went on his first day at his new school.

Next week mate, another week a boozy check ins first! :lol:
by Booney
Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Walker could have sat with Roo, Damo, Shuts, Penbo or Bruce but 2 things happened.

Walker, or someone on his behalf asked if he, Walker, could sit with Young. The first thing is Young agreed. Incredibly strong.

The second is Walker fronted him, eyeballed him, apologised.

If anyone thinks that wasn't the hardest thing for Young to do is kidding themselves.

If anyone thinks that wasn't the hardest thing for Walker to do is kidding themselves.

Fair play to Robbie.
by Booney
Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you haven't seen Eddie Betts on AFL360 tonight you need to.
by Booney
Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cringeworthy Ads

Tradie, bits and pits, more like down right shit.
by Booney
Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 22

Bloody miss types hey.
by Booney
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 22

19 straight goals to go with $12 imperial pints of James Squire and I'm ready to talk Port Adelaide. Carn!
by Booney
Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Up and about for day 1.
by Booney
Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Booney wrote:Up and about for day 1.
Goodluck

What time can we expect the review??

by Booney
Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

First day had a twist but really happy with the move, everything feels right.
by Booney
Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I enjoyed watching him play for Carlton more than when he played for Adelaide against Port.

Absolute gem of a human.
by Booney
Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 23 2021

Friday, drive to Quorn.

Get on it.

Dogs v Port.

Get on it.

Bacon and eggs.

Get on it.

Races.

Get on it.

Cats v Dees.

Get on it.

Drive home Sunday.
by Booney
Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The f*ck has happened here...?
by Booney
Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Not a pub or restaurant, but Rogasch Cottage in Tanunda is one of, if not the nicest place I have ever stayed. Around 100m off Murray St you jump in the hot tub plunge pool and you could be miles from anywhere. It's not cheap, but the experience is top notch and if you would like to impress the other half with a pretty special night away, try that place. Private wine cellar ( you get 1 bottle per night ), open fire, king bed. Job done.

10/10 from me.

5 Regions ( formerly Hill of Grace / Adelaide Oval )

5 course degustation was included in our luxury escapes package there for 2 nights in the hotel, absolutely amazing. Food, service, view, top notch. $120 per head plus $70 per head for matching wine, a bit like the above, not something you do every week but what an amazing experience. The meal (not wine) was included along with breakfast 2 mornings, valet parking and $50 in house spend with the 2 night stay, I think it worked out the 2 nights cost $100 with all the add ons. Nice hotel, good service.

8.5/10

Big Shed Brewing Red Ales and burgers, yes. Yes. Yes.
by Booney
Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Finals Round 1

Tickets sorted. :lol:
by Booney
Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Moods stabilised? It's a vaccine mate, not a f*cking miracle.
by Booney
Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Grinzinger Star won the 2021 Carapateena Oz Minerals Quorn Cup in a sparkling 23° at a track bathed in sunshine.
by Booney
Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Key match ups :

Rozee / Butters v Atkins / Bews

With Touhy missing from the Geelong back half the small defenders for Geelong will have their hands full with Ports two live wire small forwards. Rozee and Butters have returned from injury and slowly built into some form, Rozee in the last couple of weeks looks the most dangerous and creative in the high half forward role while Butters will be all about pressure on the ball carrier and helping Port’s defensive zone get built behind the ball. If Rozee can penetrate into the forward 50 and Butters slow down the ball exiting from the back half it will go a long way to helping Port gain repeat forward 50 entries and kick a winning score.

Lycett / Ladhams v Stanley / Blicavs

Geelong have for many years played without a recognised ruckman, certainly not the big bodied type that has proven to be effective in the modern game and tonight the Lycett / Stanley battle will be crucial. Both sides will be wanting to win the clearances and control the ball in their forward half and Lycett looms as a problem for Geelong, particularly with the help of Ladhams as Stanley’s side kick, Blicavs, will be leaving the back 50 to help out in the middle, the loss of Stewart compounds when Stanley takes his time out and Blicavs leaves Henderson alone in the back half as the only big bodied key defender, I expect Port to rotate Lycett and Ladhams heavily to try and wear Stanley down and draw Blicavs out of the back line.

Jonas / McKenzie / Aliir v Hawkins / Cameron / Rohan

Geelongs last visit to Adelaide proved to be fruitful for the big key forward duo and the danger to Port Adelaide is these guys getting off the leash and into space. With Hawkins in ripping form and playing closer to goal McKenzie, who likes to be the last line of defence will be needing the help of Burton and Jonas deep in defence. Aliir, preferring to play up the ground will find himself on Cameron in the link up position and Cameron will be doing all he can with his running ability to draw Aliir out of Port’s back 50. Rohan looms as a danger, he too will try and take Aliir from the back 50 up to the wings.
by Booney
Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Glorious morning here in Alberton. Suns shining, birds are chirping, the Mrs is in a great mood, she's thrilled I had a great night at the footy.

Everything is coming up Milhouse.
by Booney
Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Olsen, Balme, Nicks. Adelaide have the right people in place.
by Booney
Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DOC wrote:Woowee.

Working on a Sunday.

Last four words just plain unnecessary. That's how arguments start. Hopefully.

Busy day planned tomorrow.

Whatever do you mean? Sometimes I head out just before the end if we're well up to get the first train down the Outer Harbor line.
by Booney
Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With the chance to host a home preliminary final and earn a week off on the line Port Adelaide hosted Geelong in the first of the finals for 2021 and if Port’s performance on Friday night is anything to go by Port fans have every right to be optimistic. An emphatic 43 point win and another home preliminary final after earning the same right in 2020.

In front of 20,000 fans Port Adelaide won it’s 7th consecutive match and in doing so stamped ourselves as a contender. With the attention of the (Victorian) football world on Melbourne trying to break a 56 year drought, an ageing seemingly last shot Geelong or a Brisbane side also looking to go one better Port has been there, but not there, if you know what I mean ( I know you do ), but that’s just fine.

Geelong had the first chances, Miers, who kicks like a hack golfer swings missed, Hawkins in his 300th had a set shot go wide and with the ball rebounding to the southern goals Motlop opens the scoring running into an open goal and the Port faithful light up. Cameron evened the ledger before Gray, Ladhams and the silky smooth Fantasia bagged his first but it was defensively where Port had control. Aliir, on the back of his AA selection was immense in the first term, Hinkley in a savvy move sent Burton to Rohan leaving Aliir to take Dahlhaus or Miers meaning he could fly with condifence knowing his opponent wasn’t going with him. It was a master stroke. Aliir set the game up with intercept marks and from then on the Geelong forward line was disorganised, trying to get a match up to suit them. They couldn’t.

It was early in the second where the game looked to break open, Port had the first 5 scoring shots, Motlop with his 2nd, Fantasia soon matched him and the game, although still on, was well and truly in Ports hands. Geelong were dominating clearances but the pressure applied by Ports midfield meant the second move out of the contest was ineffective and this played into the hands of Ports running brigade, Amon and Duursma on the wings licking their lips at the inside work from Boak, Wines and Drew. Geelong with 1 for the term though Simpson and Port had 8 shots for 4.4 and the 29 point half time lead was enough to make this bloke feel like we were going to break the contest open.

After half time the Cats slowed things down a little, but that didn’t help them in their endeavours to score, Port were dominant when forward of centre, every Port forward looked like they could score (7 goals scorers) at anytime while Geelong’s forward line was still coming to terms with Ports set up, slowing things down was their only was to get back in the game and both sides had just one major for the term, Port dynamo Zak Butters the man for the occasion for Port and despite not winning a centre clearance for 3 quarters the game was in Ports keeping.

If it wasn’t at ¾ time is certainly was when the first centre clearance of the night resulted in Fantasia kicking his 4th just 21 seconds into the final term. You. Beauty. A quick response from Selwood was stymied by a goal to Gray and the contested possession count was 10 to 1 to start the final quarter, Port’s pressure had been relentless all night and it wasn’t about to stop. When Fantasia was subbed out the pressure only went up as Sam Powell-Pepper came into the contest and with fresh legs and a hunger for the contest SPP kicked 2 in 5 minutes and Travis Boak had led the way in the last term, 11 touches and 5 clearances, this man works as hard as anyone in the game from the first bounce to the final siren. What a man to have at our club setting standards for our next generation.

Port’s leaders again showing how it’s done, but there’s some emerging leaders stepping up in the big games. Boak and Wines led through the midfield, Aliir stood tall in defence and in probably their best individual games of the year young leaders Xavier Duursma and Darcy Byrne-Jones were outstanding. Duursma’s 24 touches went at 92% disposal efficiency, DBJ’s 21 at 81%. Cool in the heat of a big battle. Both were good against the Dogs last week and backed it up against the Cats. That’s what leaders do.

Boon’s best – Boak, Aliir, Fantasia, Wines, Duursma, Byrne-Jones, Jonas, staying until the end.
by Booney
Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Working from home on a Friday…. Just threw a coupla chops on the BBQ….”may” have opened a beer..
I'm doing the opposite, got 5 days off but at my work having a beer. Things could get ugly tonight as I have 4 imperials of Pale sitting in front of me, only paid for 1! 5.5 hours till the footy starts! :lol:

https://c.tenor.com/rWJZUglsjswAAAAC/cher-turn-back-time.gif
by Booney
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

Spargo wrote:Port reserves v Glenelg @ Alberton next week confirmed 2:10pm Saturday.
I’m tipping it will be Port’s biggest crowd of the year ;)

Looking forward to it, no chance we spoil the undefeated party but looking forward too it nonetheless.
by Booney
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

That's as half full as a glass gets.
by Booney
Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm going with 5 weeks, anything less is a piss take.
by Booney
Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good leaders don't keep doing stupid shit.
by Booney
Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Devils advocate - Peregrine / OTR are the second biggest employer of South Australians outside of the public sector.

I say, good for them. Doesn't mean I agree with their practices, but good on them.
by Booney
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2021 Finals - Week 2

Friday night :

Geelong ($1.38) v GWS ($3.07) - Optus Stadium 7:20pm

Saturday night :

Brisbane ($1.62) v Western Bulldogs ($2.31) - Gabba 6:50pm
by Booney
Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3rd week in the new gig, took the new boss to meet a contact they'd not been able to get in with before, just placed their biggest order outside of Victoria for 18 months with us.

Results. Feel like I'm doing my job now.
by Booney
Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Finals - Week 2

Eagles2014 wrote:
RB wrote:Fox aren't broadcasting the game. Seven have exclusive rights to the GF.

Hard to see why Fox Footy personalities need to be physically at the game.

FOX MAKE an enormous amount of money

Agreed.
by Booney
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:Finally getting a new puppy, picking a name with 4 others is difficult.

You've already got 4 dogs?

@The Bedge missed out mate. ;)
by Booney
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where to find and buy Vynils

Dutchy wrote:Completely forgot I had a Hysteria on Vinyl, found a box in the shed with it and a number of cassettes from the early 90's, also found a copy of the 12th man on vinyl!

Marvellous!
by Booney
Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R19 Port v Glenelg Sat 2.10

stampy wrote:who cares.............a nothing game :shock:

Potentially the first side to go unbeaten since 1914, "Nothing game", no wonder you've won 5 flags in 100 years with that mindset. Pathetic.
by Booney
Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DOC wrote:Sure about Freo?

I think he would want a trade back to Adelaide and get on the Glenelg juggernaut.

Those losers?
by Booney
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

I've been out to West Lakes twice now, quite like the course. It's tight, not overly long and the green are true.
by Booney
Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Preliminary Finals

Cats have Melbourne covered.
Fairly confident we'll win by 6 goals.
We've been ordinary in last couple of weeks. So we are due to absolutely dominate a game for 4 quarters.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Yeah we will shit it in. Danger might even have an influence this week. If he does, we'll get up by 10 goals.

You're both delusional. Melbourne are going to play with you like a kitten with a ball of string... Dees by 40+

Imagine if I talked with such brashness. :lol:
by Booney
Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:When you find out a lump on your dog is just a fatty nodule with nothing to worry about!
Dad very relieved!

Good news mate, they can be worrying times.
by Booney
Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |