Search found 199 matches

Return

Round 10 - Central v Adelaide @ Playford Alive (Sat 14/6)

After a gallant defeat at the hands of the Port Adelaide Football Clubs' AFL Reserves side, otherwise (once) known as the Port Adelaide Magpies, Central District take on their second AFL Reserves side, participating in our State League competition, in as many weeks...

The Crows Reserves had a very impressive win over the more-fancied Eagles outfit and will again be difficult to beat. Adelaide's SANFL side also return to the ground in which they historically recorded their first ever win as the entity that they are in our competition...

CENTRAL v ADELAIDE

Playford Alive Oval, Elizabeth

Saturday, June 14th 2014

Curtain Raiser TBA

League @ 2:10pm

Broadcast - 1197 RPH Adelaide, from 1:30pm

Will be interesting to see what kind of crowd attendance this game will get, taking all things into consideration, including the Dogs current losing streak.
by Big Phil
Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 - South v Adelaide @ Hickinbotham Oval (Sat 12/

maxyoz wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
Reserves @ 11:25am

Come on man - again??? :)

I will be at this game - me and my 3,999 mates. They have the best coffee of any SANFL club down there.

Arrgghhh !!!!

That's what happens when you just copy / paste a template from other games !!!

My bad - all fixed now :)
by Big Phil
Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Port v Adelaide @ Alberton Oval (Sat 16/7)

Ian wrote:Tomorrow is 16/7, this game's still a week and a half away on the 26th according to the SANFL

Yes, my bad. Another typo on my behalf that is now all corrected on the initial post. Gees, I hate it when the media get it wrong...
by Big Phil
Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 14 - Central v Eagles @ Playford Alive (Sat 19/7)

Hanna from Central is the son of Ian isn't he? I use to have the number 1 on my Torrens guernsey as a kid.
Yes, correct. Sam Hanna is the son of Ian 'Scruff' Hanna, who played for Torrens in the past...

He is / was a Potato and Christmas Tree farmer from Gumeracha...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSJch6vyX5g
by Big Phil
Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 15 - Eagles v Adelaide, Sun Aug 3 @ MTH Oval, Woodvil

PhilH will be on the RPH SANFL Show tonight, at about 8:00pm to discuss what he has happening on the weekend at Woodville...
by Big Phil
Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

CUTTERMAN wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Now James McLeay from Sturt...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2673/

Nice link to the Stanley H Lewis trophy BP.

Thanks Cutterman. I have fixed it now...
by Big Phil
Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bounce of the ball wrote:Who will coach centrals next year ?

Announced at the Central District Best & Fairest Dinner last Saturday night, by Club President Dave Cavenett, that Roy Laird has been confirmed as the Senior Coach of the Bulldogs in 2015...

Were you hearing something otherwise, Bounce of the ball?
by Big Phil
Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Expect a Doggies player to have a coastal change in scenery next year...

Dutchy will be over the moon :)
by Big Phil
Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL Media Awards SAFooty.net wins!!!!

Having had a few too many beverages last night, my memory isn't the greatest today, but here are the winners, I can remember:

BEST COMMUNITY PHOTOGRAPHY - Emma Pedlar (ABC West Coast)

BEST PHOTOGRAPHIC COVERAGE - Deb Curtis (SANFL / Football Budget)

BEST PRINT NEWS STORY - Michaelangelo Rucci (The Advertiser)

BEST PRINT FEATURE STORY - Peter Cornwall (Adelaide FC website article)

BEST RADIO INTERVIEW - ABC Radio interview with Barrie Robran

BEST TV NEWS COVERAGE - Channel 7

BEST TV / RADIO COMMENTARY - Channel 7

FANS FAVOURITE SANFL MEDIA PERSONALITY - Phil Aspinall (RPH / FOOTe TIMES SA)

FANS FAVOURITE SANFL WRITER - Chris Kendall (SANFL / SportsBeat)

FANS FAVOURITE SANFL COMMENTATOR - Mark Soderstrom (Channel 7)

FANS FAVOURITE SANFL MEDIA OUTLET - RPH Adelaide

FANS FAVOURITE SANFL NEWS WEB SITE - http://www.safooty.net
by Big Phil
Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is there a recently delisted AFL player who could be returning home to SA but may not play for his oringal SANFL club?
Tapscott?
I think so, yes.

Well say it in your first post then. Just trying to rack up post numbers?
Yes, that is right. I am going for a world record number of posts. Is that alright with you?
by Big Phil
Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bumped into Keiran McGuinness on The Parade this morning, when getting my morning coffee...

He was saying he has scored a Development Coaching role with Carlton and will play VFL footy with their affiliate side, the Northern Blues...

Is one of the real nice guys in footy and what a player he was. Will be sorely missed by the Redlegs, obviously...
by Big Phil
Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jackson O'Brien has returned to Central after a couple of years playing with Angaston in the Barossa...

Was a midfielder recruited over from Tasmania who ended up having a few off-field issues but has got himself sorted out now, by the sounds of it...
by Big Phil
Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

Described as a Carlton great? Did I miss the Brownlow and Norm Smith phases of his career???
Yes, I must admit, I thought the same when I read the headline of the article. With the greatest amount of respect to Nick's career...

Stephen Kernahan is a great of Carlton. Nick Stevens is a past player with a strong playing background. A great, he is not...
by Big Phil
Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - West v Central @ City Mazda (Sun 3/5)

CENTURION wrote:nice fine day, quick ball movement, unfortunately We don't have a big forward at the moment. West by 5 goals.

Spot on, on all points, Gaz...
by Big Phil
Sun May 03, 2015 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

What is your opinion on all this BP?
I'm in the same boat as the majority, mate, when it comes to a dislike of the AFL Reserves coming in...

Unfortunately, and it's painfully obvious, the current situation is killing off the SANFL we all previously knew and loved...

It's just that I still have a love for the rest of the competition and my passion is commentating the games, so a long as the SANFL is around, I'll be involved promoting it and broadcasting it...

I have a situation at work where I cannot stand a certain person I have to work with. He is the Port / Crows of my workplace but in order for me to do my job properly, I have to accept he is a part of it...

Whilst I don't like working with him, I have to, if I want to stay in my job. I could take the easy road and let him get his way but because I enjoy what I do, much like the commentary, I accept it comes with the territory...

I don't want to walk away from something I love and am so passionate about but it is painful seeing it head down the path it is...
by Big Phil
Wed May 13, 2015 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 Adelaide v Port Balaklava Sunday 1.10pm

southee wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:According to RPH it's been a great advert for SANFL footy today

Comedy ! :lol:

It was more referring to the fact that the SANFL was taken out to the country and there was 35 goals kicked on the day, not so much to do with the two teams participating, jtc.
by Big Phil
Mon May 18, 2015 7:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 9 - Central v Port @ Playford Alive (Sat 6/6)

Central are also celebrating their 2005 Premiership with a Reunion Luncheon, pre-game...

http://www.cdfc.com.au/club-news/this-w ... home-game/
by Big Phil
Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nick Murphy sacked

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I think that Murphy may have his eyes on another prospect

So not as far north as Elizabeth, then?
by Big Phil
Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10 - Central v North @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 20

Ian wrote:
Jim05 wrote:What happened to Dalwood, heard he played ammos on the weekend

He left a couple of weeks ago, body can't take SANFL anymore, gone to play with his brother

Heard he and McGregor didn't get along too well, nothing to do with the body...
by Big Phil
Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores - Round 17b

Crowd at Woodville the biggest in over 10 years - 4,679
by Big Phil
Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 SANFL Retirements

West Adelaide player James Ezard has retired from the Bloods...

http://westadelaidefc.com.au/jimmy-ezard-retires/

Club veteran James Ezard has decided to hang up his boots due to a reoccurring shoulder injury that has prevented him from returning to form throughout the 2015 season.

The Victorian-born midfielder and Magarey Medallist, who has played 156 League games here at the club will play his last game wearing the red and black guernsey this Saturday for the West Adelaide Reserves. The game starts at 11:25am.

Jimmy came to the club after being picked up by Port Adelaide in the 2004 AFL Draft, where injuries yet again held him back from securing a spot in the senior side. He played four games in the AFL side before settling in the SANFL and making West Adelaide his home.

Jimmy is a hugely respected leader both on and off the field here at the Bloods, and epitomizes what it means to be a professional athlete and team player.

We thank you Jimmy for all you have contributed to the club, and hope you all the best for the future.

At his peak, he was a very good footballer for the West Adelide FC. Well done to James and good luck to him in retirement...
by Big Phil
Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Centrals v West

westcoastpanther wrote:This makes me sick!! We come from 5th last year and run into Port in a Prelim while Centrals get a normal SANFL side that the Panthers beat by 6 goals a few weeks ago. **** the SANFL

A normal SANFL side?

There were still 13 or 14 AFL listed players in the side...
by Big Phil
Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Full Replay of 2015 Grand Final

Interstate and overseas fans will be pleased to see the replay is already uploaded to the SANFL website...

by Big Phil
Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Best & Fairest Winners

robranisgod wrote:Marlon Motlop won North's best and fairest from Cameron Craig and Todd Miles. In a dismal year Marlon stood out like a beacon. He has completely turned his football around.

Cameron Craig runner-up is a bit of a surprise, to me, but he is a pretty reliable defender...
by Big Phil
Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thursday Night SANFL Show - 1197am RPH Adelaide

Hey Folks,

Just letting you know that Grant Coffee and I were shocked and surprised to take home an SANFL Media Award last night, for "Best Radio Interview" at the annual awards ceremony last night...

It was for a Pre-Season interview with SANFL Umpire Boss Shane Harris....

Very pleased to have won this award, hopefully the show will be back next year, in some capacity...

Thanks to all those that listened and supported the show throughout the season...

Enjoy the off-season, see you in 2016...

Cheers,

Big Phil
Grant Coffee
John Nankivell
by Big Phil
Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

The next SA player picked up is West Adelaide's Riley Bonner, off to The Power at pick 37...
by Big Phil
Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A good get for South with Booming left-footer Tom Fields returning to Noarlunga and a local ruckman given a chance at SANFL footy...

MEDIA RELEASE

Panthers Sign Tom Fields and Codey Ellison

South Adelaide Football Club are delighted to announce the signings of versatile defender Tom Fields and promising forward/ruckman Codey Ellison for the 2016 IGA SANFL Season.

Love watching Fields kick the ball out from full-back...

BOOOOM !!!!
by Big Phil
Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Best & Fairest Winners

valleys07 wrote:Steve Summerton wins the Magpies B&F ahead of Tom Logan and Kane Mitchell

And Summo awarded Life Membership of the PAFC, as well...
by Big Phil
Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MickyJ ill

Sh!t, not good to hear...

Hope he is okay. Get well soon, Mickyj...
by Big Phil
Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bounce of the ball wrote:Hope he is ok, Ill or had a fall ? Hopefully only a fall as there is a difference IMO. Good luck MJ

Had a bad fall and is ill...
by Big Phil
Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah was my question. I thought you were an 'official" which is different to a volunteer . Only reason why I said that is because that's how you described it. Knowing the finances of clubs they don't have many officials these days. Good on you though as all clubs need these volunteers. Looks good on a resume too to be honest , club helper and community radio helper .
Don't need it on my resume, not applying for anything that would need it in there...

Haven't done anything to my resume for 9 years now, been in the same role, work wise...

Yes, it may be a volunteer role, but volunteers are still classed as 'officials' at most football clubs...

You are right, though, all football clubs need volunteers and if you are passionate about your club or competition, like we all are, and can lend a hand in some capacity, then do it...

It is very rewarding...
by Big Phil
Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:All the best with your recovery mate.

Here here...
by Big Phil
Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lives Scores R4

FULL TIME @ MY MONEY HOUSE:

League - Final Scores

SA - 17.6 (108)

CD - 11.11 (77)

Panthers win by 31 points

GOAL KICKERS:

SA - S.Overall 4, B.Eddy 3, A.Gulden, B.Seccull 2, N.Liddle, D.Bass, J.Cross, R.Barnes, M.Rankine, E.Irra 1

CD - J.Hoskin 3, J.Templeton, D.Fort 2, D.Hill, C.Jansen, B.Dew, L.Habel 1
by Big Phil
Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5 Live scores

LIVE @ ALBERTON OVAL

Reserves - Full Time:

PAMA - 16.8 = 104

CDFC - 11.7 = 73

Magpies Academy win by 31 points

GOAL KICKERS:

PAMA - K.Miller 4, T.Phelps, A.Stengle 3, J.Ross, Z.Hawkins, L.Proude, W.Northeast, K.Agius, T.Harris 1

CDFC - L.Michalanney, S.Milne, M.Claughton 2, C.Edmead, D.Costanzo, S.Hanna, M.Blenkiron, J.Traynor 1
by Big Phil
Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Anzac Day footy No TV or Radio?

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I wouldn't have thought a live broadcast of a teams match impacts on the crowd to the extent that people will stay home to watch it either on TV or YouTube.

Neither would I, but that is the only reason why I can think the clubs and the league don't promote it sooner...
by Big Phil
Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6: South v Adelaide - Sunday 1st May @ Hickinbotham Ov

darley16 wrote:I decided to go to the game at the last minute.....i was about to leave the game at 3/4 time.....i stayed.......then...MY HEAD EXPLODED!!!!!!

Good on you, mate :)

Bet you're gald you stayed?
by Big Phil
Mon May 02, 2016 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 scores/chat

LIVE @ PROSPECT OVAL

League - 3/4 Time

North - 9.4 = 58

Crows - 8.9 = 57

Roosters lead by 1 point

GOAL KICKERS:

North - L.Hender 2, J.Shannon, M.Harvey, M.Motlop, M.Clisby, J.McKenzie, M.Virgin, L.Ryswk 1

Crows - H.Greenwood, H.Dear, C.Ellis-Yolmen 2, P.Hunter, L.Lowden 1
by Big Phil
Sun May 08, 2016 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: State Team

heater31 wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Not one player from the reigning Premiers....when did that last happen?

To be fair those that would have been in contention to be selected are no longer at the club or injured :shock:

Thought Chris Schmidt would have at least been worthy of 25 man squad selection?
by Big Phil
Mon May 23, 2016 7:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No footy again next week for me and my team

VALE PARK wrote:I think I said this last year on the same day.
What a perfect day for suburban footy!

Then go and watch some...
by Big Phil
Sat May 28, 2016 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Broadcasting

Probably a dumb question but BP will probably know it, why do some games display in orange background and some in black on the sanfl home page, does this signify anything?
Is there any video stream this week? If I remember correctly the corresponding Glenelg v North game was.

It is to signify they are the 'Multicultural Games of the Round' as it is currently Multicultural Month for the SANFL in June...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3487/

In answer to the video stream question, unfortunately it is a 'no'. It was video streamed last year, but just audio stream on Monday...
by Big Phil
Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Round 16 LIVE Scores

Post away...
by Big Phil
Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Holding the Ball

There is a Norwood player at the bottom of the pack. He has the ball.
And he was the one who jumped on the footy...

Once he does that, he has to be seen to be making an attempt to get rid of the ball...

I think the decision was the right one...

On the second to last video in the link below, pause it at 0:03 mark and you'll see Cachia has the opportunity to handpass the ball...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3576/

He tucks it in, knowing there are a lot of Glenelg players around, going to ground in the tackle and is then obviously pounced upon...

To me, that shows 'prior opportunity' and the correct decision is paid...
by Big Phil
Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big Phil is normally the one that starts the live scores thread, havnt had it for quite awhile and only on a few occasions this year.
The cynic in me tells me he has been told not to start them to boost online numbers in other areas ;)

Think again, daysofourlives...

This is not the case, at all, mate...

I simply don't have the time anymore and it's not a priority...

I am busy on game day, setting up equipment, arranging commentators and running the social media for the Stream Team...

The League wouldn't tell me to do anything like that, trust me...

You are well and truly barking up the wrong tree...
by Big Phil
Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R21 - West v Ravens @ Berri

How did we kick 13-7?

The Cows had a bus to catch so they walked off the field at the 10 minute mark of the last quarter ;)

They actually flew to Berri, What a f**king joke. flying to Berri :roll:

Incorrect...

I actually witnessed most of the Crows team getting off the team bus at then hotel as my wife and I drove into town for the game...

It was only Jono Beech who flew up because, as mentioned, he was an emergency for the Showdown the night before...
by Big Phil
Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magarey Medal

Dutchy wrote:
PhilH wrote:It will be on Tuesday September 13th.

on TV?

Yes, it will again be broadcast on Channel 7
by Big Phil
Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Week 1 Finals - LIVE Scores @ Adelaide Oval

First game will be kicking off in half an hour...

Adelaide v Central in Elimination Final...

Followed by, at 3:10pm

South v Sturt in the Qualifying Final...

Post scores in here...
by Big Phil
Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As a reward for changing their vote, North were promised the first minor round game ever against the Crows so that they could be first to benefit from the 4,000 Crows fans.
Any idea what Honest Joe was promised? Must have been something pretty big given how emphatically opposed to the AFL reserves sides he was initially.
Any idea what honest joes business is?

https://www.google.com.au/#q=Tripodi+Group+of+companies
by Big Phil
Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Jack Hannath delisted by Freo today...

With Lobbe wanting out of the Power, the former Central player might be a good pick up for the Magpies...
by Big Phil
Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Gotch Departs Panthers

A lot can change in 6 weeks...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/local-footy-sa/sanfl/south-adelaide/sanfl-bradley-gotch-to-stay-with-south-adelaide-as-coach/news-story/9b7d6916ba3764d5dfa36576f28c7764

“I’m contracted at South for next season and I’m sitting at my desk right now looking at my player list,” Gotch said. “I’m also working on what areas we need to work on, and I’ve interviewed the local boys for recruiting purposes.

“I’m happy as Larry at South, there are no dramas there. No one has approached me in Melbourne to coach.”

I think that landscape changed when Gubby Allan got suspended by the AFL for his involvement in the Lachy Whitfield saga...

That was only last week, so obviously the goal posts shifted for Gotchy, with the Collingwood offer to good to refuse...

Will be sorely missed, was one of the nicest guys in the SANFL and was always so giving of his time for the media...

I sent him an SMS wishing him all the best and thanked him for his contribution to South and the competition...

He sent me back a really nice reply, which he didn't have to. Says a lot about the guys great character...

Good luck to Brad and also to Budda Hocking for their respective roles moving forward...
by Big Phil
Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

West Adelaide Financial Situation

Released by the Bloods this afternoon...

RADIO REPORT CLARIFICATION

Last weekend there was a report on radio suggesting that the West Adelaide Football Club was in serious financial trouble. This is totally incorrect.

The reality is that the Club owns its clubrooms and the land it occupies. This is a significant asset and underpins the Club's financial position.

Over the past 3 years, we have reduced expenditure significantly (in the vicinity of $450,000 plus) and have taken steps to improve revenue streams by leasing the first floor area to Billiards and Snooker SA.

We have also streamlined the Function Centre operation to return a small profit in 2016 and improved Gaming performance, which is showing a slight increase in trading in 2016 compared with 2015.

Our only non-current liability is to the Westies Wolfpack Unit Trust, a group of passionate Board members and supporters who have a long-term commitment to our club.

As with other clubs, we do suffer seasonal cash flow difficulties and this can become significant towards the end of the year. However, we have always and will continue to meet our commitments.

Our budget, showing a profit for 2017, has been recently submitted to the SANFL, who have reviewed and accepted it.

The Club will continue to work to improve its performance, but the steps we have already taken have meant there is no current threat to the financial viability of the West Adelaide Football Club and we are extremely confident of our future.

John Kantilaftas - CEO
by Big Phil
Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |