Search found 174 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

And since everyone has some cash built up now, whack it all on Iconclism Race 9 at Flemington. Can get $3 by using your power play. :D
by Mythical Creature
Fri May 04, 2018 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mythical Creature wrote:And since everyone has some cash built up now, whack it all on Iconclism Race 9 at Flemington. Can get $3 by using your power play. :D

:D
by Mythical Creature
Sat May 05, 2018 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

magpieeagle wrote:Who's coaching the Association side this yr?

Kriegy
by Mythical Creature
Thu May 17, 2018 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stanley Cricket Association

They would be very close to having an under 10 side too. Have had around 30 milo cricketers each of the last 2 years.
I think the decision moving forward is more about where are the majority of junior players would most likely play as that is the only way the club can survive long term.
Plus i believe stanley are pressuring them to play b grade but long plains beleive there will likely only be 4 teams so not much future there.
Basically the club has gone backwards since moving to stanley so something has to change going forward.
by Mythical Creature
Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's the general consensus with 3 field umpires for the finals? Will be trialed in 1 game each round leading up to the finals.

At a guess I'd say the Balak vs HWE match this round and the Two Wells vs Mallala match in round 16.
Its bloody stupid. Why change the playing conditions for finals? Umpires are too inconsistent as it is from one end to the other not sure how bringing in another person interpreting will help with that.
Cant even believe its being discussed at apfl level to be honest as the suggestion should have been laughed at and move onto the next topic.
by Mythical Creature
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ace of Spades wrote:Will be interesting to see how many player points Mallala are allowed to play with Saturday.

2 more than last time you played them.
by Mythical Creature
Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mallala have had it tough on the field over the last 10 years so any help they can get is a bonus! :D
by Mythical Creature
Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2019 and proposed rule changes

I dont mind 6 6 6. The 2 wingman can still line up on the defensive side of the line and act as the plus 1 or 2 anyway so no real change.

The goal square looks fugly though. Why not change it to a 15m arc from point post to point post so the kicker has more chance of "shifting" the zone by more lateral movement?
by Mythical Creature
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

I cant work understand how it took North 5 minutes to work out that they had an extra man or the Eagles didn't realise and call a head count either. With the number of interchange stewards and assistant coaches working the boards and magnets, surely someone would have looked around and thought "where's player x?" or "who's meant to be on that loose player?" Cripes, we can work it out even in C5. Quick look around on the bench and make sure there's the same number on the bench that you started the game with less injuries.
North were probably trying to figure out the best way to remove the player without it being obvious, who knows, I agree with you, it makes zero sense in this day and age.

A few years ago maybe 6 or 7 I was injured and controlling the bench as our coach decided to play for the day as injury cover. I realised after about a minute that we had 19 on the field (spare man was forward too) but was trying to work out a way of getting the player off as the i/c steward had already been notified of the changes at the break.
I ended up sending the 2 guys on the bench to do some stretches behind the goals and after we kicked a point the extra player just slipped through the goals and joined them and jogged back to the bench. Was pretty funny watching the guy who was trying to stand him wait for him to come back on the field to man him up before he realised what was going on. Probably took a full 5 minutes before we got him off the ground.
by Mythical Creature
Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Sounds expensive
by Mythical Creature
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looks like United have failed to recruit their number 1 target for at least another 12 months after being beaten to his signature by the Swans today.
by Mythical Creature
Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ROOBOY18 wrote:Big loss for United with Simon Tyler going to Woody Sth, makes sence with his small family and living around the corner.

Yeah that one hurts. He gave everything he had in every game which is all you can ask of a bloke
by Mythical Creature
Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where has the old committee gone to now?
I think virginias new committee looks excellent. All very good guys who should lead them in a new direction. Time will tell.
by Mythical Creature
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I've done that drive twice. We used to go to Smoky Bay.
It made the Hay Plain look like an interesting scenic drive.
My Mum came from out there somewhere, stopping to see a derelict farm she grew up on was the highlight.
Never again.
Do it as quickly as possible as the west coast is awesome.

Smokey Bay, Venus Bay and Moonlight Bay are all worth looking/fishing at.

Just spent a week at smoky fishing over christmas. Bagged out on small snapper, got a few nannoguy, queen snapper, crayfish etc. Also caught my first tuna, ended up with our limit of 6 so caught four more for catch and release. That was all before lunch where we had a swim in the lagoon at Franklin island. Finished up getting a dozen whiting on the way back in. :D
by Mythical Creature
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have just notice Ben Galic pending to head to the Hills footy league now?? Is something going on at Virginia? Staple clearance still pending from 22/11/18 and Bartlett denied 13/2/19 and Panagiotou denied just yesterday? This isn’t giving me much confidence that Virginia are going to improve from where they were last year! 7th or 8th is looking on the cards for them
They're usually denied over a financial dispute that often gets settled before the start of the season.

I didn't realise Matt Wiestra was leaving United?? Both him and Tyler out of the Tigers is pretty big for them.

Define “financial dispute”.
I thought maybe what Virginia are paying may have been getting looked into (I haven’t heard anything, just a guess)
Any club that brings in 2 players of the quality of Staple and Bartlett would have to draw some attention.
Hard to believe that a club somewhere wouldn’t have offered 1 of those guys more than $500 a game

Weistra and Tyler - probably 2 of the club’s best 3 players from last year isn’t great for the boys under the water tower
You can refuse clearances under the clause that player owes the club money. Subs, has a guernsey etc etc

Or has a signed contract.
by Mythical Creature
Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Footy 2019 AFL

Just joined. Happy to pay a lobster once i get details. Cheers
by Mythical Creature
Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2019

norm11 wrote:
Computer Crashed wrote:
Blessed wrote:Now can i get $500 on Parahills

Let's catch up.
I will give you 9s.
Ridgy Didge.

$100 on para hills to make the 5 ? Odds?

Odds on you ever paying out on other bets you've made and lost?
by Mythical Creature
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Swamp Donkey wrote:Where has young Jacob Pedler lobbed in this league? Was cleared to a YP club last night. He's a quality young player.

Is he originally from the southern eagles?
Would assume there if so.
by Mythical Creature
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Umpiring - The diary of a local umpy.

I'm no umpire but am now umpiring under 8s at our home games (home club supply umps for 8s and 11s). Was nervous the first week as I wasn't sure of the rules.
Have actually quite enjoyed it for the most part.
Did have a blow up at 3 quarter time of last week's game with the opposition coach who was into me all game.
A kid who hadn't had a kick yet in the third quarter received a handball and the ball was slapped out of his hands by the best opposition player who had probably already had 20 kicks. Paid a free and told him to let the little kid have a kick. Coach went berserk so I blew 3 quarter time and the argument started. Accused me of umpiring each kid differently. Told him he is right as that is exactly what I was doing.
He seemed to forget that I went up to him at half time to see which of his kids hadn't touched much of the ball yet as I will give them extra kicks which he pointed someone out who had just rocked up.
Number 1 job I feel is to make sure each kid gets a minimum 1 or 2 kicks (they all have parents watching) and make sure the ball goes to each end and it doesn't end up in a ball of players. Zones helps massively with this.
by Mythical Creature
Wed May 15, 2019 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Mr Beefy wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Teacher: "What does your dad do for a living?"
Little Johnny: "He's a pig flogger Miss"

I used to work at a pig semen business whilst I was at Uni. Awesome $$$$

Just do it for a hobby now?

Shit. Busted
by Mythical Creature
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I used a laughing emoji because in answer to did anyone see the melee I was probably as close to anyone to it.

I think United's sentiment to the knocked out player was quite sincere, as we could see he was in trouble we approached the umpires to call half time early (despite us kicking with the wind) to allow plenty of time for the trainers (including Uniteds) to assess him and not feel rushed. The umpires were considering this but wanted agreement from the mallala captain who said no.

Like I originally said......

I hope the Malalla lad that was bumped late is ok as he looked in a bad way on the field. :(

Good luck to everyone in finals.
by Mythical Creature
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hearing Dalys knee from two wells is horrific!
Acl, pcl, cartridge plus hammy off the bone?
Good luck recovering from that young fella :shock: :(
by Mythical Creature
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

OnSong wrote:Tit Monday is nigh.

I'm hoping it can be declared next Wednesday at the cup!
by Mythical Creature
Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OnSong wrote:I've heard a rumour but yet to see an announcement.

A rolling stone gathers no...

Green musky gunk? :D:
by Mythical Creature
Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Swamp Donkey wrote:Do we have a date for Round 1 yet?

Yep. Was sent out b4 Christmas.
Week b4 Anzac day.
by Mythical Creature
Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I have Auburn and Sevenhill on par as the best 2 pubs in the Valley.
They are a step above the others for food quality.
If you are just there for lunch pick between those 2 or Indii in the main street.
Oleary walker and sevenhill cellars would be my choices for wineries to call into.
by Mythical Creature
Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CoVid App?

Yep I've installed it. No hesitation. Can't see a logical reason why you wouldnt install it.
Conspiracy theories are rife, I'm with you though.

Conspiracy theories give people a voice, they can jump on the relevant "topic" at the time.
People worried about being tracked by the government but put it all over Facebook! :lol:
Couple of weeks ago it was all the parents "knowing" better than the government so kids must be pulled out of schools etc.
Noticed this morning at school drop off a few of those families were back at school today :lol:
by Mythical Creature
Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

We are sending ours back. No hesitation. We never pulled them out last term either because the prime minister plus the medical experts said it was safe for them to be at school. Until we are told to keep them home they will continue to go to school.
I think it's good for them, social skills etc. Ages 8 and 5, so a very excitable age.
by Mythical Creature
Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Signed up 2 weeks ago at the local golf club as it is only open to members only at this stage. Asked about my lad (8) as sometimes he just comes with me, they said he needs to be a member too to come on the course as there are some on the committee who want the course closed full stop, so dont want any little reason for them to get upset. Anyway $70 for him for a year so signed him up too, took him Thursday for a few hours whilst the power was off after the thunderstorm, he took himself to the oval on Friday to practice and asked me first thing in the morning both Saturday and Sunday to go out to the course, which we did.
He may have a bit of the golf bug, he is dead keen!
Reckons he is going to practice after school again tonight!
by Mythical Creature
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Talking about hopefully training will return next week, but only in small groups and no use of changerooms or showers, will it work?

No. Direction has come from the league today through the cfl that no clubs are not allowed to train until after May 31. There will be an announcement if this is pushed back to a later date. Football doesn't yet have limited approval to train in small groups as some other non contact sports do.
by Mythical Creature
Fri May 08, 2020 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I see APNA pulled the pin on season 2020 at a meeting last night.

Fingers crossed - hopefully you are on the money football tragic and footy can buck the trend and we still get a competition in this year.

Netball was unfortunately never going to proceed as this would effect of the crowds to watch the football

:lol: if you think that's why they and other netball associations aren't going ahead!
by Mythical Creature
Fri May 22, 2020 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

With Footy not likely this season I am playing today for the first time for my handicap.
Just don't wanna embarrass myself and keep the score reasonable. See how I go.
by Mythical Creature
Sat May 23, 2020 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

104 on the weekend. Wind was bloody terrible. Included an air swing in that trying to hit off a bad lie. Playing partners said not to count it, but I tried to hit it and as such I made sure it counted.
Worst part was I was in the first group to tee off so there was about 25 people watching the first hole. Shanked my tee shot and only went 50 m just past the ladies tee block. Nailed my next drive on 2 straight down the middle where nobody saw. Would love to have those 2 shots swapped around! :lol:
Also put a ball on a par 3 that when measured was exactly equal distance with the existing nearest the pin marker. The others were going to move it to my ball so somebody in our group might win a prize, but I told them not to as I didn't "beat" what was already there just equalled it.
1 more week playing for my handicap, will be away this week so will be 2 more weeks before I get my last card in.
by Mythical Creature
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19 (Country)

Cfl are there as governing football in the state for the whole state. I'd country leagues cancel (highly likely now) they should not allow amateur leagues to play. No waybtheybwant to be responsible for killing small clubs off. May not be 2021 but before the decade is over lots of small clubs will now be folded if they allow some leagues tonplayband others to not.
Lets see if they govern for the state or govern for their jobs???
by Mythical Creature
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Thats shit LM. Next time I see you I will buy you a beer (after I've abused the white maggot umpiring!)
by Mythical Creature
Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

magpieeagle wrote:What's the actual restriction's for football tomorrow?

Crowd can't have an umbrella. Gotta tough it out like the players.
by Mythical Creature
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

The BLM organisers in Sydney trying to push on with their protest. Seriously don't understand the urgency. I hope they do a last minute change of mind as they have probably garnered more publicity now than they would have any other "normal" time.
Just stay home and isolate, if NSW goes the wrong way then we will all be more affected.
Bloody selfish if they go ahead!
by Mythical Creature
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Its gotta be doing more harm than good surely.
People are just looking to do the opposite of majority for attention.
I bet those that called for a lockdown in early March are the same ones who are trying to break all the lockdown rules now.
We don't need to be absolute sheep, and for what it's worth I think some of the restrictions are too far, but I do my best to comply (common sense) as I don't wanna be THAT guy that stuffs it all up.
by Mythical Creature
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Played in the open day at balaklava today. Havnt played for a month after putting in my cards 6 weeks back to get my handicap.
27 hole stroke comp ended up 136 off the stick 49, 44 and 43. Pretty happy with that.
Ended up 3rd in the b grade net over 27 holes and winning the 9 hole net.
Plus won 2 nearest the pins, 1 for B Grade and 1 for all grades.
Got my stock up of balls now!!!
by Mythical Creature
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200802/61c41480a159754c28c3c28c05d3df58.jpg

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Not quite. I have a handicap and even today I was penalised an extra shot in how they work it out as I only have 6 cards in, so it's average of best 2 rounds minus another point. It might not even come in for my next round, as I will lose the penalty permanently from now as there will be 7 and a half cards in.
by Mythical Creature
Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I went to the Virginia - Two Wells game yesterday as a neutral observer (I usually watch Gawler Central, who had the bye), and was pretty impressed with the day.

The crowd was pretty good, and I loved seeing folks over near the scoreboard with their portable barbie set up, and a couple of pigs on the spit next to the clubrooms. Also, the canteen staff were genuinely friendly, and are a good representation of the club.

I enjoyed the game itself, despite the scoreline. Two Wells has one hell of a forward line, with more than one capable avenue to goal, whereas it felt that Virginia relies heavily on Niklaus to kick goals. Still, Big Nik is sitting well clear on the goalkickers' table. I could be off the mark, but that was my one-off observation.

The only downer is that they'd sold out of the Game Day program by the time I got there in the second quarter of the ressies.

I reckon you are spot on. Glad you had a great day at an apfl game. Means you will be back.
It's what Footy is all about.
by Mythical Creature
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf equipment: sticks, balls etc. what do you use and w

Ive been playing a little bit of golf this year and have been looking at upgrading my set, particularly my cutlery which would be at least 25 years old. I said I would do it when I break 90 off the comp tees but a 90 is near enough!
My putter also needs upgrading, but not urgently, just looks shit and the grip is gone.
I have a driver im happy with, callaway ft-i (big square thing, sounds tinny but goes dead straight) so didn't want a full upgrade. Have also been borrowing a couple of hybrids that I will need to give back at some stage.
Anyway after looking around and hitting different clubs for a while I ended up going second hand (cause im a tight arse) but quality.
Just picked up titleist AP2 clubs (5 years old, new grips), 5i -pitcher, titleist 3 hybrid, callaway xr steelhead 3 wood plus an odyssey putter for $475.
Pretty happy with the price and quality of sticks.
Need to find myself a wedge or 2 and pending how I hit the hybrid, maybe something between the 3h and 5i to complete my set.
Gonna have to find half hour tonight to give me a little test on a wide fairway before it gets dark!
by Mythical Creature
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Maybe, brown and polec to Melbourne for viney and Tom McDonald?
Win win for both, Melbourne get outside speed and we get someone to help cunnington?
Brown and McDonald similar?
by Mythical Creature
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JEFF ANDREWS GONE!

I heard last week that he was looking to move his assistants on and get new ones in. Obviously things are changing now!
by Mythical Creature
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Broke 90 for the first time off comp tees today with an 88 off the stick. Think I had 39 points, enough to win the b grade!
Was an absolute cracking day for it.
by Mythical Creature
Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Retirements and delistings / trade talk

Adelaide lose crouch as a free agent and receive compo of pick 2.
They then do a separate trade for the 2 players for later picks.
by Mythical Creature
Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I understand they have enquired. I believe it has been shut down pretty quickly.
It wont happen and rightfully so.
by Mythical Creature
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any golf updates @Spargo ?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I havnt played for about a month now, my last game was matchplay as I managed to qualify for it. Played it on a Sunday morning. I was against a 13 handicapper (I'm 17) so there were 4 holes where I got an extra shot on him. One of them being the 18th so I was hoping to just get to the last hole.
Unfortunately I was 2 down with 2 to play, and on the 17th missed a little 5 foot putt that would have won me the hole. Putt was dead centre and somehow it moved a cup width about half a foot from the hole. I was bending down to pick it up we both thought it was in. Did hurt a bit at the time as there is no way that should have moved. We squared the 17th so he won 2 and 1. Loved playing it though, and did make some mistakes where I went too hard, if I was to play again would definitely play some holes differently.
by Mythical Creature
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OAKSY Doggies Tips

Pretty average response, obviously youre the guru of punting.
You wouldnt have an account with any bookmakers if youre so good :roll:

Lets hope Tommy Shelby gets up

Yeah right - you are another Corporate delicacy.

If Tommy Shelby runs a place I quit Punting

I have black booked tommy shelby now. Got my money back at $2 per place. Corporates didn't get my money this time.
Not sure I have ever seen your tips, they obviously must be pretty good after the event has run!
by Mythical Creature
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

My facebook newsfeed being littered with amateur footy player signings across the state from one platform, the best one yet was a Para Hills FC signing yet the dude has never played football before.

This advertising of players signing really shits me. All it is doing is putting some no name spud up in headlights for a couple of hours. With the way things work some kids might even want to change clubs just for their own publicity. Even worse announcements that your captain has re signed etc. So he should he is your captain!
Fair enough advertising your coach, they are the face of your club, but that's where it should stop.
Even saw one the other day for a women's team player signing.
I actually think this is the biggest thing wrong with amateur and country footy at the moment. Its disgusting
by Mythical Creature
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |