Search found 174 matches

Return

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

As much as I disagree with the shut-downs due to the rona as my personal opinion is that the government over reaction will most probably end up being worse than the virus it self.
However I am being a sheeple and doing the right things as its easier to just do what your told and move on with life. Have had the covid safe app from the start and downloaded the my gov sa one for checking in etc. Its actually pretty simple.
What makes me laugh though is the people (there are plenty of them) that aren't using the technology for fear of privacy etc but are happy to manually sign in each time. On the weekend, one of the shops in Clare had someone come and take half a dozen completed pages of manual sign ins, most probably to be used for direct marketing. Tell me that's not a bigger breach of privacy.
by Mythical Creature
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As much as I disagree with the shut-downs due to the rona as my personal opinion is that the government over reaction will most probably end up being worse than the virus it self.
However I am being a sheeple and doing the right things as its easier to just do what your told and move on with life. Have had the covid safe app from the start and downloaded the my gov sa one for checking in etc. Its actually pretty simple.
What makes me laugh though is the people (there are plenty of them) that aren't using the technology for fear of privacy etc but are happy to manually sign in each time. On the weekend, one of the shops in Clare had someone come and take half a dozen completed pages of manual sign ins, most probably to be used for direct marketing. Tell me that's not a bigger breach of privacy.

Checking into a restaurant on Saturday night as a patron was leaving. The staff asked if he'd signed in as he was paying his bill, he said he hadn't as he didn't want "them knowing where I've been". I politely advised him his EFTPOS transaction would be enough for "them to know where he'd been".

Stupid is is stupid does.

Exactly. I know someone who won't use Google maps on their phone. But uses it for everything else. I mean everything. Makes no sense.
Just remembered I forgot to sign in to bentleys Saturday night. Walked in with the kids to find someone they know
So they could sit down, then went straight to the front bar. Completely forgot. Lucky I used my card so "they" know.
by Mythical Creature
Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can assure you every state health department is sh!tting itself right now as Melbourne Airport is part of this hotspot The possibility that this new strain of the virus is already in every state/territory is just to dire to think of as potential carriers would've transited through the major airports where others are at...

Yeah I would be shitting myself. This uk version is so much more contagious and dangerous than the previous version.
Only have to look at the Perth security guard who caught it and passed it on to 0 people. Good thing they went in to a 5 day lockdown.
Melbourne hospitals are under the pump with 1 person in hospital and a state total of 9 new cases for the week.
Dangerous stuff this uk version
by Mythical Creature
Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Going to get back into golf now that summer sport has finished and before footy starts. Will play tomorrow then in the vw scramble on Sunday. Havnt picked up the sticks since aus day long weekend when I had a pb of 86 off the stick in a stroke round.
Think I have about 15 or 16 cards in so hopefully now over the next month I can finally have my full 20 cards in. Handicap currently at 17.4 via golf link so hope it keeps heading in the right direction. Probably going to go up slightly after tomorrows card as I can't imagine it being a flagged round being away from the course for so long.
Brilliant weather for the walks though so will be no complaints
by Mythical Creature
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Going to get back into golf now that summer sport has finished and before footy starts. Will play tomorrow then in the vw scramble on Sunday. Havnt picked up the sticks since aus day long weekend when I had a pb of 86 off the stick in a stroke round.
Think I have about 15 or 16 cards in so hopefully now over the next month I can finally have my full 20 cards in. Handicap currently at 17.4 via golf link so hope it keeps heading in the right direction. Probably going to go up slightly after tomorrows card as I can't imagine it being a flagged round being away from the course for so long.
Brilliant weather for the walks though so will be no complaints

I was wrong. :lol: Flagged round. 86 off the stick for 38 points. Golf is a funny game some times.
Probably won't be able to hit it off the tee tomorrow in the scramble now.
by Mythical Creature
Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Had another good day Saturday 87 off the stick for 37 points.
Ended up being my best round as far as score differentials go as they applied a PCC of +2 on the round which ive never seen before. I didnt hang around for presentations as I had a function on so I take it that everyone else must have had a pretty bad round for this to occur. Havnt found out if I won anything yet, but based on the PCC I would have to be a decent chance.
Ill find out next week, but I think (hoping) that my handicap has tipped a threshold and will now be in the A grade field which is a nice achievement I feel. I kinda hope that footy gets delayed (it wont) so I can keep playing golf.
by Mythical Creature
Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

I'm hoping Profiteer wins.
Put on a $20 free bet before Christmas at $151 before it had even raced, so stand to get my biggest ever payout.
2 of my wifes uncles own a part share, well did own they sold it about 6 weeks ago to stud, but lease back for prizemoney and bonuses whilst it still races.
They are already up about 10 times their original investment in prize money and sale fees alone.
by Mythical Creature
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Scary times ahead for United.

I am somewhat biased but I actually think it is going to be exciting times at United. Their A grade side on the weekend had 15 players that have played juniors for the club. Of the others 1 lives in the area and is coaching the under 8s, another is on the committee, another has moved to Owen and another is a local agronomist. This is more than any other club on the weekend.
They also have the most numbers in the under 11s and under 8s out of all clubs so the future (albeit 5plus years for these kids to start playing seniors) is as bright as its ever been.
Yes the senior colts are short, the apfl has been aware of this for a number of years, there just isn't the population base for this grade however I'm sure the club will continue to think outside of the box to help prop up numbers in the short term.
Yes the A grade may not make finals this season, but with such a large local base getting opportunities that are not available at other clubs, I'm sure it will put them in a great position going forward.
Like a good investment the biggest rewards go to those who invest near the bottom of the cycle not those that get in at the top! :lol:
by Mythical Creature
Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf equipment: sticks, balls etc. what do you use and w

Ive just this week replaced my putter grip. Just had a standard slightly worn out odyssey grip.
Got one of those thicker grips, feels way better in the lounge room, hope it still feels good on the course when I next get out.
by Mythical Creature
Fri May 28, 2021 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Played an ambrose today. We were 3 over, definitely no cheating with our scores. Think we were the only ones over par. Had me 14 hcp, a 22, 24 and a bloke that hasn't even swung a club in 3 years. Weather was perfect.
Have a matchplay tomorrow morning against a 70 year old. Unsure of his hcp but it is in the A grade division so expect it to be a couple under mine. He plays old man golf, short and straight, I am the opposite. I dont expect much other than a few hours away from the wife and kids.
by Mythical Creature
Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Played an ambrose today. We were 3 over, definitely no cheating with our scores. Think we were the only ones over par. Had me 14 hcp, a 22, 24 and a bloke that hasn't even swung a club in 3 years. Weather was perfect.
Have a matchplay tomorrow morning against a 70 year old. Unsure of his hcp but it is in the A grade division so expect it to be a couple under mine. He plays old man golf, short and straight, I am the opposite. I dont expect much other than a few hours away from the wife and kids.

Played matchplay yesterday, found out its off the stick so handicaps don't matter, sucks that I am probably the highest handicapper in my division :lol:
Anyway, I had an awesome start, parred holes 1, 4,5,6,7,9 and 10 so was 6 up at that point. Was still 6 up with 6 to play when he chipped in a par, I just missed the long par putt, then he parred the next 2 holes with both good 10 and 12 foot putts whilst I bogeyed them both. 3 up with 3 to play, I wasn't super worried as I was still playing well (bogey golf is not bad golf), he just started to play a bit better, but nailed a chip and 2 good putts to keep him in it.
We both parred 16 so was 3 up with 2 to play. Near the clubhouse so agreed to call it quits and get an early minute.
Weather was awesome, will have to wait to see who I play next round but both are single figures, so will be happy if I can take em to at least 17 and see what happens.
by Mythical Creature
Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 13

The de goey hit on Oliver is worse. He lined him up and luckily just clipped him.
McKay very unlucky to be sighted. Should get off no probs.
Unfortunately in an impact sport injuries are going to happen.
I would rather cop an injury like that where it is a pure accident, than cop a similar injury for something that is deliberate
by Mythical Creature
Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Wrote down a few places above and put em in a hat.
Ended up going to St. Kilda.
All had schnitzels and they were huge!!
Chicken breast (proper breast) was about an inch thick all round. Would have weighed around half a kilo, I was the only one that ate all mine.
Actually struggling to think if I've had a better snitzel.
Meals came out quickly, service was top shelf.
Over at other tables the meals looked awesome, steak, ribs etc. All huge serves.
Will be going back for sure, and telling everyone else to go there!
by Mythical Creature
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Played today, first time for a while. Played with the old boys, off the middle tees which I never play. Was playing off 10, ended up with 34 points so pretty good day in the end. Was bloody hot by lunch time when we finished!
by Mythical Creature
Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW 2022

Cant compare remotely men's footy to women's footy.
Men's is a possession based game and women's is a territory based game.
Accept the above and watch it for what it is. It will get better eventually.
If you want to increase scoring, make the ovals smaller.
by Mythical Creature
Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

The amount of discussion about how mortgage stressed people are with a 0.25% increase

If people are under stress now then you borrowed far beyond your means.

That's a simplistic view. If anyone is buying their first house without any collateral and only a deposit, you are going to be mortgage stressed due to the cost of housing right now regardless of the interest rate, so any increase would increase the stress.

Maybe some of these poor darlings can reduce their uber eats to once a week or drink normal beer and not fancy gin or heaven forbid buy 2nd hand goods where they can.
Young people these days want what their parents have straight away and have and want the best of the best.

Obviously not all young people are like this but the majority I work/network with are.

Makes me laugh, the assumption that all these "poor darlings" Uber Eats every night, have 90" LCD 4K ultra on the wall etc....my sons friends, many of them couples on average ( $50-60k - the real "average wage" ) wages scrape by week to week.

Why? Because they want to live somewhere other than Bumf*ck Long Plains or in a shoe box and be able to see friends, have them over.

And we all obviously bought our first home and proceeded to stay at home every night, not get a pizza once a week and picked up empty cans on the road side to pay our fuel bills. How dare they live!

*Waves fist at cloud*

Thats pretty harsh if you have never been there. Some of the very best facilities in the state are there.
by Mythical Creature
Wed May 04, 2022 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tickets bought. Thanks for the link
by Mythical Creature
Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you are looking for value, Balaklava is still $25 per round. Course and Greens are in pretty good nick at the minute too.

Been playing a little bit over the holidays, think I've had 4 rounds last 3 weeks all ranging from 33 to 40 points so playing reasonably ok during this stretch.

Had another round of matchplay tournament that I got up in last night so move into the final 8. Matchplay is awesome, should be more of it.
by Mythical Creature
Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf in general

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:more LIV tickets released

general grounds passes now $100 per day

Makes the original 3 day pass for $90 look real cheap
by Mythical Creature
Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Golf in general

Went with my lad. Spent a bit of time in the fan village doing all the putting, simulator, bowling footy etc. Lad loved it.
When play started we were on 6 tee off, then moved to 5 and sat on the dogleg where the approach shot was. Got real close to the players. Watched Smiths group through there, then started walking through 4 and 9 I think back to the fan village. After this we ended up hanging around 17 green, 16 tee off and 15 green area. Was good for an hour then the crowds came. We were in the perfect spot on 16 tee off to see all the big guns teeing off up close.
After walking around a bit, think I'm gonna spend a large part of tomorrow on par 3 14. Can watch tee off 15, green on 16 and 18 tee off all within 60m of each other. When the crowds come, might try and find somewhere else on the front nine. Cracking day!
by Mythical Creature
Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I played in the mid week comp yesterday too, off white tees, normally play blue tees. Gave me a handicap of 9 had 37 points with no scrubs.
Moved my GA down by .5 to 13.6, happy with that.
by Mythical Creature
Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

daysofourlives wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:Push the 3 clubs into the Barossa League, The 3 Gawler clubs and Freeling are like suburbs of Adelaide as well.

No thanks, push them into the amateur league along with the 3 Gawler clubs

This is the only correct answer
by Mythical Creature
Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLCA 2016-17

Pretty sure Long Plains offer more than nothing.
2 junior boys teams and growing, soon to be 3.
Junior Girls team, beleive their are only 3 junior girls team in the comp, rediculous that between Gawler and the whole of the barossa Valley can only find 2 junior girls teams to compete against LP.
Unfortunately its not all about the seniors and what ever number grade is associated with the senior team. Its nice to be up as high as possible, however there is a much bigger picture than just that.
If you get rid of Long Plains, then you are getting rid of the community that comes with it, many wont play for a neighbouring side as they don't have the same sense of community.
No cricket team means the cricket club isn't open on Thursday nights doing teas and drinks (averaging 50 meals each thursday), Saturday home games have a full functioning canteen open all day, plus the bar open which attracts a crowd. When both Tennis and cricket are both playing home there are kids and parents everywhere. Once again home games is a chance to share a meal which you can eat with the 60 or 70 patrons who use the cricket club as a social outlet.
But sure, let's get rid of them because they have the number 3 next to their senior team grade.
by Mythical Creature
Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |