Search found 189 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Breaking: A fringe A grader from United, rumoured to have dropped a lot of weight in recent months, offered $1 a game by Balaklava.
by OnSong
Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cheers everyone for the detailed analysis of our rumoured recruits. Now I can go to training tonight knowing more about them and that we may have improved on last season! :D

Also hearing whiskers (or whispers) that Whisky to Moonta may not end up happening and he will remain a Pecker. Time will tell.

How did training go MC? Did they live up to the analysis provided?

Even better Jumbo. Had 49 on the track, 27 fresh faces, all between 6'2 and 6'4 and can all run like the wind! ;)
You forgot to mention they are all playing for a beer and Snitzel after the game, nothing else, just want to get back to enjoying footy! ;) :lol:
by RooShootOhh
Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How did training go MC? Did they live up to the analysis provided?

Even better Jumbo. Had 49 on the track, 27 fresh faces, all between 6'2 and 6'4 and can all run like the wind! ;)
You forgot to mention they are all playing for a beer and Snitzel after the game, nothing else, just want to get back to enjoying footy! ;) :lol:
I thought that was a given Roo Shoot. But I did forget to mention that they are all 0 points as well! ;)

it's all coming together nicely :)
by jumbo
Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes i know im back!!!!! Thanks guys i have missed you all too. So United Vs Virginia this year would be like a Saisbury North Internal. The big unit from Balak gone, Coaching troubles at Hummocks already, Hamley picking up some so called guns lol, Mallala looking strong again and Two Wells........ No one really cares about Two Wells . Looks like we are in for a interesting year.

Hey BigVagina , maybe it's this attitude that gets you knocked out by them in the finals every year? :lol:

Thanks mate id prefer BigVagina any day, its better then BigCock!!! ;)

Its always good to get feedback from folks that have tried both I guess BigV :D
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats Swamp Donkey on the arrival of a Swamp Colt.

*colt is the term for baby male donkeys
by OnSong
Mon May 05, 2014 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Its hard naming a kid. We have always been pretty solid on a girls name but we struggled for a boys name. With our first we never committed to a name until we were driving to the hospital.
Now that we are expecting a 2nd kid, we still have the same girls name but are struggling even worse for a boys name. Probably do the same thing and finalise our 2 choices on our drive to the hospital again. :lol:

We set our boys name early, rocked up to the hospital still without a girls name

Thank **** he's a boy
by The Ash Man
Wed May 14, 2014 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hotspur wrote:Hotspur, know your lads have never played for nothing, something about a pot and kettle springs to mind!

A cheap kettle! Kapunda pay players, especially locals? $1000 is their budget for a season. So never payed for nothing - get your facts straight.

Its the comedy hour!
by Swamp Donkey
Fri May 16, 2014 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ace, I got told it includes Club membership which has entry to home games and/or tea vouchers or something like that.

Hotspur, know your lads have never played for nothing, something about a pot and kettle springs to mind!

I think it said a couple games free entry if you paid on time perhaps. It made our lads appreciate the $70 subs in any case!

That $70 bucks should make us appreciate our $55 subs then!
**** me
by OnSong
Fri May 16, 2014 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ace, I got told it includes Club membership which has entry to home games and/or tea vouchers or something like that.

Hotspur, know your lads have never played for nothing, something about a pot and kettle springs to mind!

I think it said a couple games free entry if you paid on time perhaps. It made our lads appreciate the $70 subs in any case!
$70 is probably the cheapest I've ever heard.

It's now the no. 2 cheapest you heard
Third. You can get subs for $5. With a cookie and drink.
by OnSong
Fri May 16, 2014 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its always funny when the forums consistently turn into a big pissing contest.

P.S. I can write my name in the snow!
by Skip Dimes
Fri May 16, 2014 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mythical Creature wrote:United 1-39
Hamley 40+
Two Wells 40+ - 197 points to be exact (can I get an extra bonus point if correct)

Yes
by OnSong
Fri May 23, 2014 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

I'm officially a dad as of 5.07am this morning. Had a little boy. Very happy. Very tired.
by OnSong
Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Because its on here do we assume OS that its a HWE player???

All the best whoever it is anyway.
Yeah, young HWE player.
I haven't got rock solid confirmation on the ID of the kid involved but from what I can gather, he's got a knock to the head in a run-of-the-mill training drill and it's turned into a serious situation.

Yeah I heard the chopper fly in last night, after hearing sirens earlier. Always know its serious when the chopper is involved.
Would have been quite scary no doubt. :(

Footy hit him in the chest from a metre away, got air lifted to adelaide and is in a induced coma.. Sending well wishes to buzz Taylor and his family! He is a good young talent hopefully he is okay!!!
by Snags
Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lame Choice wrote:Looking forward to the first A Grade night game this week.

Have I missed something here, which game?
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surprised to see Anthony Johnston has retired.

Congrats Johno on a great career. Damaging player for an extended period and all the best for the future.

Still don't know how to spell your last name. :oops: ;)

Johno passes on thanks onsong, He saids his body stuffed and cant make it to trainings.Goin to spend his weekends gardening :D
by AKA
Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy 50th United,had some good times out there mid-late 90s, heres to other 50yrs, Great article on Howard, thanks producer.
by magpieeagle
Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mythical Creature wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
norm11 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Has the HWE match been shifted back to Port Wakefield this week?

Have u got the game?

Had, swapped though.

Good! :lol:

:lol: Nice guy.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mathematically, United can still make the finals people. Long shot, but never say never.
by Swamp Donkey
Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 22! The who gives a **** anymore week!

1 trade left and need to cover

Harvey, Fyfe, Beams, Pendles, Kennedy, Stevie J, Bartel

Shit game. See you all next year.

:D ;)

Would be embarrassing to lose to me that's for sure! ;)

:lol:

Lets face it- the only thing either of us are playing for is promotion. Whoever wins are lining up to get smacked in the GF haha!
by valleys07
Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mythical Creature wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:WTF is a stubby strip?

http://stubbystrip.com.au/

Is a seriously good idea.

For the record I got a black one. Not sure how well the lavender would sell. :D

I like. I get.

Thanks. ;)
by Booney
Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Tally so far:

Boys: 2 (Arch44 and Valleys07)

Girls: 2 (Carey and WUB)

Who's up next?

Mythical Creature , Ron Burgundy PatowalongaPirate ?

Yep, 3 weeks to go today. Not sure what we are having so can't add to your tally yet.

Last Friday morning we welcomed little Millah Jade into our family. Was a great surprise not knowing we were having a girl but are very happy and now have the pigeon pair.

We are both very very thankful that we are all healthy.

Congratulations MC- glad to hear all is well!
by valleys07
Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Not a chance the HFL will drop the interleague game Legsman especially after the success in drew this year. We will still have the bye for the Country Champs, which the hills have no say in because it is inforced by the community football league . An 11 team comp will bring in two extra byes and will drag the season out to long.
Are you sure games cant be played on the country champs weekend. Our country div play that weekend (every year) & so do Southern league who had players representing the southern zone.

I understand the Community Football League has banned any senior country football in SA being played that week from 2015.

How bout the CFL just faaaaaaark off and leave the country leagues alone. Leave it up to the leagues, having a weekend off so 6-8 guys from each league can play in front of half a dozen pigs with their snouts in the trough is a joke.
The CFL is to country footy what the AFL is to the SANFL. Should be rebadged the SANFL/SAAFLCFL
by daysofourlives
Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

footys the winner wrote:
Panther32 wrote:
footys the winner wrote:I've been told by a reasonably good source that holm is a done deal at united, can anyone shed some light.

Done Deal, with another ex AFL player just signed on the weekend.

Care to elaborate?

Holm has signed and Elijah Ware has signed on as well.
by Panther32
Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From what I know of holm he will give everything. Very powerful runner, very fit. Let's see if he comes out next year as fit as he has been the last 3-4 years.
by footys the winner
Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FISHING

What's general sentiment on the RecFish SA proposed recreational fishing licenses currently being looked at?

About $30 a year they're saying, based on interstate models in NSW and Vic. The money will go towards rec fishing initiatives etc.
I'm not against the idea - is $30 more than Vic charges?

Same, provided the money is spent well.

Spend it on research I reckon. ;)

I couldn't agree more MC, fisheries research and development.
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rate collecting the eggs from our chooks and seeing one is a massive size knowing that it will be a double yolker!
Seem to get one about once every 2 weeks. :D

a mate of mine bought some free rangers from IGA at Redwood Park.

He cracked open 5 to stick on the barbie on the weekend - 4 were double bangers! :shock:
by Footy Chick
Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Takes in Windsor, Wild Horse Plains, Calomba etc

The bustling metropolis' of Windsor and Wild Horse Plains...........

:lol:

In theory do you reckon people that live and grow up in the bustling town of Windsor should be assigned to us?
If so, I reckon we have missed out on the greatest player to ever come out of Windsor in the last 30 years. :( :D

Former WWT and Sth Adel league player Greg Chapman? Yes, it was unfortunate he is now living in the UK. I think his brother Jack is the front runner in more recent times. Struggling to add to the list at the minute. Previous contenders include Corrie Eichner and the likes of Colin MacKay, Chad Baker, Kevin Jenkin and Jim Barker.
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Red Rocket wrote:How many have Hamley actually lost?
Have heard about 16 of last years side but surely thats just BS!

All these guys will return for 'Rock the Bridge 2015' to support the club though.
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Hamley's team LAST YEAR would have had a good year in the BLG, but that's a spec$al case

Mate name a team that has won a flag in a decent comp that hasn't paid out some coin to have the best side (especially comps realitively close to Adelaide)... It's unavoidable whether you like it or not!

BLG for example, all of Barossa Tanunda and Gawler Central would have paid a decent amount to get their premiership teams on the park, and good on them, if they didnt spend it they likely wouldn't have anything in the trophy cabinet! This having a go at clubs these days for spending money is usually only done by sides who either wont spend it a finish nowhere or spend it on the wrong people and still finish nowhere.

Given your two lads have played at other clubs for $$$$ i wouldn't think you would be accusing clubs of spending it?!?
I'm not against any club spending money but there's spending money and then there's splashing cash. Ridiculous cash. CASH.
by OnSong
Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have been told a lot of the food and wine have been donated by surrounding businesses to help keep costs down (but not sure to what extent).

I would imagine they know their set break even $ amount and know X amounts of tickets is the break even amount.

The line-up doesn't appear as expensive as what it would have cost Kadina so I doubt they carry as much risk, although still risk all the same.
by RooShootOhh
Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hidden Tiger wrote:Ex Kadina coach Im hearing from over here

Actually I did hear that. I think Greggy Gregginson may have mentioned that Gregg Clarke had the job ;)
by Swamp Donkey
Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ace of Spades wrote:Pop ya glasses back on MC.

Put your phone down Ace and pick up ur Bin Tang. SAFooty going global.
by Swamp Donkey
Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Few familiar faces in this ripper ad filmed at Mallala :lol:

by OnSong
Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don’t quote this or hold this to myself, but talking to a certain Hamley person this morning at work in Hamley, Quote (I think we may be holding a special meeting soon to decide our future due too only 5/6 players attending training, coach not being happy) surely every club struggles for players at training this time of year, find this hard to believe but after recent events (no money from concert and hearing big money still to be paid) the league couldn’t afford Hamley leaving. Maybe someone from Hamley can enlighten the situation
Have noticed some more clearances from them today, another couple to the Barossa. Anyone know which club Appleton heading to?
Strangely I noticed Schahingers clearance has been cancelled, change of heart or just wanting to go to a differant club?
Appleton coming back to South
All jumping ship when things look tough. The ticker of these local Hamley lads is a shame. Hopefully the club doesn't also take the easy option.
by Ace of Spades
Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Take it home and leave it in a stupid spot there....the back lawn perhaps? If she has a crack at you for that then casually drop at least I never left it in car park!
by heater31
Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I gotta pick the young lad up from childcare at lunch, so will put the pram in the boot. Movements after work for me tonight is just to go to footy training. She shouldn't need it for the rest of the day, but she will need it tomorrow morning for play group.

I doubt she will know its missing until tomorrow morning, but she will need it so my daughter can have a sleep at play group.

Gotta somehow get the message across about being a dumbass but still give it back to her.....
I'm thinking that you send me a photo of it, I'll put it on gumtree and you accidently stumble across it and show her saying it looks remarkably like yours.
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Takes in Windsor, Wild Horse Plains, Calomba etc

The bustling metropolis' of Windsor and Wild Horse Plains...........

Wild Horse Plains..... Gods country. A breeding ground for talented footballers. Like 1994 B grade association medalist Derek Schulz who's career was tragically cut short by injury and rum..... mainly rum.
by pint of ale?
Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Going out for tea tonight with the mrs and a couple of friends from Melbourne. Found out they are big snitty fans. Narrowed down to ale house, snitty house or earl of Leicester. Will book at lunch time. Leaning towards the earl but what is the consensus on here? I have never been to either by the way.

Go the Earl, The Earl of Aberdeen.

Craps all over the Leicester, IMO.

Much better service, there as well.
by am Bays
Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think it was last night, 1 player, free to play.
by Ace of Spades
Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's going to be another ordinary day on Saturday by the looks - windy and wet. Hopefully they close the roof at Long Plains

Putting the finishing touches on it tonight / tomorrow morning.

The weather should hopefully bring the scores closer, which will suit us being the very heavy underdogs.

I was thinking the same thing,.... but I'm pretty sure SportsBet have us as the "very heavy underdogs". :D

Lets just agree you're both carrying too much, but Longies are the under dogs
by Ace of Spades
Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

magpieeagle wrote:See D Feeley in the Mallala side for saturday

More comebacks than John Farnham
by OnSong
Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done Grant Wilmer on 350 games, I know how much you looooooooove your footy
by magpieeagle
Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Three red cards shown on Saturday in a match umpired by the Umpire's Coach/Co-ordinator, Steve Bawden, who introduced the red/yellow card system.
If that's his interpretation on what warrants a red card, then he's going to have to maintain it across his whole umpiring group and throughout the season.
It will be interesting to see whether these reports are thrown out (I think a red card is automatic suspension, not sure), considering they were made by the central umpires.

The fact that Steve Bawden is the Umpires coach/coordinator is not good. I was disappointed to see him umpiring in such a big match on Saturday while BJ was allocated the senior colts and reserves. IMHO BJ is the best umpire in the league so why on earth isn't he umpiring A grade every week? Bawden makes every game that he is involved in about himself - he over-rides decisions of his fellow umpires and quite simply appears to have a poor understanding of the basic role of the umpire in a game of footy. Every footy lover I know would prefer him to miss a few rather than over-officiate and dominate the match like he seems determined to do every time he's in charge. Maybe I'm off the mark and being too harsh.....
by Swamp Donkey
Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norm11 wrote:Did I hear correctly that two wells didn't hand out best players Saturday night?

That is correct. When you win by 298pts there is gonna be plenty who played well. So they got all the awards and what they are worth and put a bar tab on for all the senior netball and senior footballers.
by Snags
Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best and worst grounds.

Long Plains is the best oval I've come across in my footballing years.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed May 13, 2015 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Soooo...you're the semen expert, FC.
Brilliant.
You know that's going to get some good use.

hardly an expert - I'm sure others here with more experience than me.

Im not going to call myself an expert, however when I was at Uni I would work weekends and holidays at SABOR near Clare. This is a place that doesn't collect Bull Semen however it does collect Pig Semen. My job during "collection" time was to bring in the boars from a list of pre-orders (each pig had a number) and take them into the "collection" room. I would then get the next one on the list and put it in a holding pen next to the room and wait for the Boar to finish* and take it back and repeat the cycle. There were 2 collection rooms so it was reasonably busy.

Basically, they had a plastic Sow which the Boar would mount and there would be another guy in the room who would help the Boar shoot it into a filtered container. The guy had to grab the pig dick and squeeze tight for about 10 minutes until the pig had finished. If anyone has seen a pig dick you would know that it is kind of like a screw*. Apparently a trick to make it more comfortable was to use your left hand as the dick was "left hand thread". I was asked if I wanted to give this a try which I refused. I was happy just transporting the pigs to and from their pens.

There were about 150 Boars at this place, however some were used more than others, depending on the farmers preference and bloodlines etc.

On weekends all I had to do was clean out their pens each day. Would take around 4 or 5 hours each day and could do it at whatever time I wanted to as long as it got done. So Saturdays I would do it first thing and on Sundays whenever I felt like it. For the weekend work I got $41 an hour to clean shit which in 2001 for a Uni student was and probably still is pretty good coin.

Were there magazines there with pictures of naked pigs in them too?
by Lightning McQueen
Thu May 14, 2015 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 Adelaide v Port Balaklava Sunday 1.10pm

Just want to say thanks for those who came up and got involved with the day. Our local community supported it pretty well, not so much the travelling public but with the gourmet weekend in the Clare Valley, no "Tex factor" and Channel 7 broadcasting it live, we were up against it to pull a decent crowd.
I worked the whole game so didn't see much of it but the people I served beer to, including the vocal purple-haired Port lady, all had positive comments about how the oval was presented, food and drinks available etc.
The players who signed autographs were great and Tony Modra was an excellent ambassador, he hung around and mingled with people.
So, while the crowd was down on what we would have liked, the club is proud of our efforts to present a quality arena with an excellent standard of catering.
CFS Foundation also said the money coming in for parking and general donations was crazy, so for them, it was a great success.
Both clubs were great to work with in organising it, along with Matt Duldig from the SANFL and his team. Hope they continue to take SANFL to the regions in the future.
by OnSong
Mon May 18, 2015 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASX

So about $1000-$1500 to start? If i put that much in, i probably would look at putting it into a couple of companies.

When I was working in admin at the finacial planning place, the director got me to manage his super. He had some shares in just about every company on the market. Crazy stuff.

I'd put that lot into Argo. Then activate their Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRP), whereby every time they pay out a dividend, it gets reinvested into more Argo shares without any fees.

Then save up another $1500 ASAP and invest in AFIC shares + DRP.

That will be a fairly safe start. Start reading whatever you can about the share market and investing.

Invest, then save up more to invest. Repeat.
by Q.
Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASX

Is that Ansell as in the manufacturer of frangers?

So the next time I get my old fella away I'll be bolstering MC's dividend?

What a deflating thought...
by Pseudo
Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |