Search found 24 matches

Return

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Groucho wrote:I thought it was only 34 as the last 2 premierships were won by the Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club. :)

SANFL, Port Adelaide, 36 Cups.

Forever in our shadows, blow-in.
by Booney
Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Well, TRB, lets disect Simons comments then....:

Getting massacred in AFL grand finals better than everyone else - One Grand Final, not Grand Final s . It is what it is and the might of Geelong that day would have been difficult for anyone to counter. ( Port won the Prelim by 70+ points the week before )

digging deep financial holes and needing help to crawl out of them better than everyone else - Many AFL clubs have had dire financial situations in the last decade, some still in that position despite much support from the AFL. If North Melboure, Melbourne or the Western Bulldogs got as much media attention as Port's situation did in the local press and forums it would be interesting. So Port are not the only football club, at all levels, with poor financial statements, of all people I thought you'd be aware of that? ;)

running down the team and the comp that was always the bedrock of the Port Adelaide Football Club's achievements, better than everyone else; disconnecting itself from the local community and closing up shop on junior development, and so starving its SANFL reserves (and ultimately league) team of talent, better than everyone else.
Talented kids growing up a drop punt from Alberton Oval will be playing their U/16 and U/18 football for whom? Not Port, that's for sure. - Well, call it how you see it, but the Port Adelaide Football Club wanted to maintain it's junior development stucture, it's development pathway for local kids.
As for disconnecting itself from the local community that is a comment from someone who is clearly uneducated. The Port Adelaide Community program is a cornerstone of our adminstration / off field operations.Indigenous programs, the Foodbank program to ensure people dont go hungry etc etc is all part of the clubs commitment to the community. As for local U16/U18 players, there is every possibility a kid from Port Districts could play at amatuer level for Port Districts while being guided through his development by an AFL club (directly, not indirectly) and become an SANFL reserves player with the Port Adelaide Football Club, an SANFL league player and if talented, committed and fortunate enough be drafted into the AFL or even remain living in the area he grew up in playing for the Port Adelaide Football Club in the AFL.

Suck on that indeed. 8)
by Booney
Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL players drafted in 2013

holden78 wrote:
Brodlach wrote:As much as I dislike Norwood, got to hand it to them having 21 players drafted since 2010 and still win the last two premierships

Bastards

Well it's gotta help not having a salary cap to worry about ;)

What are you complaining about, your two clubs probably have two salary caps ;)
by JK
Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

BTW, I became a born again Carlton fan after the Crows succeed in their muscle drive into the SANFL. I followed Carlton until the moment the VFL invaded the SANFL, now the Crows have committed the same sin, I cannot follow them any longer .
The AFL is nowhere near as important for me as the SANFL, I wouldn't swap clubs otherwise.
I still say you're questions ARE irrelevant to my ORIGINAL POST.
The AFL reserves sides playing in the SANFL IS an agreed upon deal, it was voted in by 6 of 8 clubs (which was the majority needed). The SANFL may well have had a long resistance to the AFL, but not anymore, again it was them that agreed to letting the crows & power reserves in. They had the chance to say no but didn't.
In my opinion the VFA became the second best comp in Victoria the moment the VFL/AFL pushed it's reserves into the VFA and everyone changed names.
If you don't follow Carlton any longer (your words) then my original post is not aimed at you. The line before that however says you are a born again Carlton follower so you've contradicted yourself a bit.
You also say the crows have committed the same sin as the VFL (which is Carlton included) actually backs up what I've said, the crows & power have done the same as the other now AFL/then VFL clubs.
How about we agree to disagree so this can get back on topic. I say its hypocrisy, you say its not. We are both allowed our opinions.

Yes I think we're going to end up disagreeing. That's fair enough. But I'll give it one more go.
Your original post was about hypocrisy. Some posters have a go at the Crows for doing what their own nominated AFL club does. My points have mainly been describing how the two situations are different (ie. AFL involvement in the VFL vs the Crows' SANFL push). The reason for this is that if the two situations are different, then posters cannot be accused of hypocrisy for treating the two situations differently.
If you follow, and agree with the above then you'll also understand the relevance of my posts to your original argument.

BTW I was using the term "born again Carlton fan" as meaning originally a Carlton fan, and now a Carlton fan again. My stint as a Crows fan signified a period where Victoria (not Carlton on its own, my understanding is that the Vic clubs were against expansion) did all it could to force the SANFL into joining. My beef then was with the AFL hierarchy, personified by everything Victorian, and South Australia being represented by the Crows. I carried a soft spot for Carlton all these years but I never held them responsible for what happened, it was just that a team more relevant to my situation appeared. But that situation no longer exists. I do hold the Crows responsible for this final insult, they're far more culpable than Carlton ever were (as Ian put it so well "they were operating within a system created by the AFL", hence blame lays with them, not the individual clubs, hence difference, hence relevance, hence not hypocrisy).
Anyway, it's all done and dusted now and we will see if it all turns out so bad or not.
P.S. You are a good many rungs of the ladder above Beeny. I don't even bother with him anymore. Everything's about how everyone's picking on Port, or how Port saved the SANFL or he's hanging shit on the entire SANFL comp. Dancing a little jig at our misery.
by therisingblues
Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

Well I hope they find as many ways to pick on Port as possible through this draw. 3 home games in the opening round in the past 15 years is FAR too many IMO. That's 3 good honest SANFL clubs missing out on the vast, bottomless riches stolen from their coffers by the unconscionable PAFC.
WAAAAAHHH!
by therisingblues
Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL to Port - Summerton is a NO go!!!!

South dominated the 1890's with 6 flags wouldn't that make everyone after that a copy?

Personally I think flags won before federation have far greater weight to them and everything after is just so cheap and nasty after the colonies sold there soul to federalism!!!!
by Panther Pack
Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Just on the zone thing, once a player turns a certain age ... I think 19 ... if they are not on a SANFL club senior list then there is no transfer fee payable to the SANFL club they are zoned to. The transfer is with the suburban / country club he is playing for.
by PhilH
Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Survey

they should develop a new survey specifically for the sookie la la whingy people ... but would have too many questions for them :lol:
by tigerhutch
Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Gotch appointed Senior Coach of South Adelaide

http://www.news.com.au/national/south-australia/former-sanfl-south-adelaide-coach-ron-fuller-claims-contract-breach-wants-damages-from-obstinate-panthers/story-fnii5yv4-1226805797480

Former SANFL South Adelaide coach Ron Fuller claims contract breach, wants damages from 'obstinate' Panthers

WHEN he was sacked from his job as South Adelaide coach, Ron Fuller said he wished the club "and all the fine people associated with it" every success.
Today, he told the Adelaide Magistrates Court his former club was being "obstinate and intransigent" about his pay out, and asked it be ordered to pay him damages.

He urged the court to send the matter to immediate trial, claiming "long and boring conversations" with the Panthers had failed to hammer out a viable settlement.

Fuller - once considered among the most successful SANFL coaches of the modern era - has filed a breach of contract lawsuit against the club.

"There seems to be a basic misunderstanding of the difference between an open-ended contract which can be renewed upon discussion, and a fixed-term contract - which is what my client had.

Since 1964.
by Booney
Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Are we including all reserves footballers for all clubs in the Iist, because Joe Bloggs has left Centrals to a division 182 club in the ammo league

He'll get picked up by the Port Awesome Sooper Dooper Academy and transformed into the world's best footballer I'm sure.

Yep but unfortunately for them he gets picked up with selection number 7 in the draft by GWS and goes on to win two brownlow medals and they never get to see the bloke play a game in the pretty teal

So, you acknowledge there is no direct benefit for Port Adelaide yet there could be immense benefit for Junior Bloggs?

Excellent, then you can all mind your own business and let us get on with ours. ;)
by Booney
Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Survey

beenreal wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:
beenreal wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Done did not hold back either !

Done, me neither!
8)

Not even an automated survey monkey program gives a rats what you think.

So you obviously didn't take part then.

He did, but there's no "Go back and change your vote" function.
by Booney
Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks but per our CEO, Keith Thomas, I'll call the Magpies what the Port Adelaide Football Club officially calls them, "our SANFL side".

You can feel free to call them whatever floats your collective boats , most likely, " The Winners". 8)
Sage advice from an old Port tug. ;)
by StrayDog
Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RB wrote:If you think there's one iota of difference between the Crows Reserves and the Power Reserves you're barking.

That's a bit ruff
by JK
Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port (Power Reserves) 2014

Quick side with plenty of talent. The non afl players are far better than the crows players.

Flag favourite for mine.
by DOC
Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

i guess you can't please everyone...

... or anyone, judging by the incessant complaints.

The ABC no longer wanted the SANFL telecast rights as it no longer fits their left wing obsession with South Polynesian Women's Curling.

Channel 7 have stepped up to offer a better product in a variety of time slots. Anyone who thinks Port Vs Norwood is going to rate up against Friday night AFL is seriously deluded.

I guess that's the question - Is the viewership more important/beneficial than maximised attendance?
it will still be a big crowd!

What's wrong with more people watching at home??? You get much less watching at home on saturdays

times are changing folks...
by woodublieve12
Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port (Power Reserves) 2014

Bottom line is, only the backward $ANFL Commission could ever have conceived a ludicrous situation that forced footballers to actually play AGAINST the club that was paying them. Finally under the new system a wrong has been righted.

So it’s not backward that a player can now be forced to play against the club that developed him in a match for premiership points? The Magpies aren’t the ones paying him, the Power are. Only emphasises the fact that the Magpies are nothing but a hollow reserves team now and this whole set up is a joke.

How many of Ports SANFL side (and AFL listed) are from SANFL junior programs?

Jake Neade*
Brendon Ah Chee*
Mason Shaw*
Sam Gray*
Mitch Harvey*
Cameron Hitchcock*
Karl Amon*
Ben Newton*
Kane Mitchell*
Tom Logan*
Sam Colquhoun*
Sam Russell*
by Booney
Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL Catch Cry

smac wrote:As opposed to your banging on about your successful club?

Here's some perspective for you: My kids reckon your club is a joke, a bunch of easybeats.

Your kids probably think Buckets McKenzie is the greatest ever SANFL ruckman and football meant nothing before the year 2000.

So, you know..... ;)
by Booney
Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Game Week 2 Discussion

It's totally meaningless to compare this years membership numbers with previous years this early ... come back in a few months time with some solid facts.
by dedja
Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football

As long as they have Nikki Visser on it then I don't give a faark ...
by dedja
Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's great seeing ads for Port v Norwood being shown during the footy. Great coverage for the comp
by RustyCage
Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good to see new Channel 7 commentator John Casey here at The Parade learning his numbers...
by Big Phil
Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good to see those involved having a sneak peak and doing research. Finally some professional image portrayed for the league. Its been going backwards for years but we just accept it . This is a big shot in the arm and hopefully an injection of professionalism for other media.
by Bounce of the ball
Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"The Scoreboard tells the Truth" with Michael Aish

Come along and join us for a great men's event as we hear from one of South Australia’s favourite sons Michael Aish as he shares his journey. The silky skilled No.8 had a wonderful career where he played 307 games for Norwood with 3 years as captain. In 1981 he won the Magarey Medal at the young age of 20. He also represented South Australia in 14 matches – twice as captain. The two time All-Australian was also inducted into the SANFL Hall of Fame in 2002. This is a night not to be missed as Michael shares his journey with us including a time for Q&A.

Date - Monday May 5th at 7:30pm
Venue - Hallett Cove Baptist Church
Entry - Gold Coin Donation with all proceeds going towards Children's Cancer.
Any questions please contact the church on 8322 6469.
by Ruck Legend
Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football

Hi all,

Great to see Footy SA debut on 9 with OUR state actually gaining it's own dedicated program.

Treaders was great and Wellman gave us a bit of a blast from the past.

The show went well considering it was the first show and it was great to see Amateurs and Hills getting a slot.

I'm sure that as the show settles into it's own identity that SANFL will gain a great platform and good coverage.

It is full state coverage also which is great for country viewers who generally get forgotten.

Ratings were amazing with a bigger audience than The Sunday Footy Show in SA - attracting 38.1% of the statewide audience.

The Michael Aish interview was also a highlight and exclusive to Footy SA.

Lets hope footy supporters in SA get behind it now.

Cheers
by Legs Man
Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |