Search found more than 2213 matches

Return

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Amber Fluid
Wouldnt it be nice
IF we had a Port Adelaide stand alone team in the SANFL with no interchange with Port Power players
Then they could be a true SANFL team , like the 8 others that are left

Perhaps we could then lock this thread
by mal
Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Port Adelaide 1870-2013
What a club
Just a few memories of this once magnificent SANFL entity

Sitting next to Ports 1954 Best and Fairest winners daughter and friend at school
Sitting next to Ports 1920 Mag Medal winner's grandson at friend at school
Having PA footballers at my 21st birthday

I don't barrack for PA
But PA is part of my life
That's why I'm so against whats happening to the club these days

The SANFL without a TRUE Port Adelaide representation, is truly poorer
by mal
Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Royal tandoori on unley rd

Very delicious
by mighty_tiger_79
Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 22 - Possibilities and Probabilities.

Mick Malthouse, you are the weakest link ... goodbye
by dedja
Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Booney wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:Anyone for cricket? **** it.

Terribly disappointed in several players today. Unacceptable by many others. Season officially over.

And the coach?
Time to go Kenny!

Not the first time you've said that, is it?

He barracks for Carlton, that's their default decision
by Brodlach
Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big call but I say, put a fork in them, they're done!
by am Bays
Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Statements need to be made when the pressure's on & before finals are out of the picture.
by Spargo
Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Going to a wedding reception and seeing a bird who looked like Chris Judd's missus in a very similar dress to the one Judd's missus wore to the Brownlow a few years back.
And to think you didn't wanna go

I know, seeing that didn't half perk up the 'spirits'. The women were tutting about how inappropriate the dress was, the blokes needed bibs to mop up the drool.
by Grenville
Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Screw you Marbles..jpg
by PatowalongaPirate
Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Would any SANFL team consider 'John Butcher' next year?

Just gotta hope you can get Forequarters out of him
by JK
Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Would any SANFL team consider 'John Butcher' next year?

Maybe the constant ribbing from the crowd contributed to him hoofing it out on the full when he should be kicking goals. Having said that, his inability to hit a barn door with a cows arse won't do his chances a lot of good an I think he's milked it for about as long as he could.

If he is delisted then he'll just have to take the bull by the horns and moove on. There will plenty of other cattle in the same predicament, but any serious talk of him joining an SANFL club is pure bullocks. He,d have to take a massive pay cut to even steak a claim, and even after that I couldn't see a stampede of clubs chasing his signature. Having said that, it's all Chinese whispers about who herd what.
by johntheclaret
Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There's a reason for the 15 minute rule and Port ignored that. No excuses and to be honest they've gotten off lightly. If the main doctor was too busy then why wouldn't they wait? They knew he had a head knock. If the person who looked at Hartlett was suitably qualified then he should know darn well what the protocol is. Worst thing was Port kept trying to pull the old "nothing to see here" line when surely they knew they'd messed this up. Mistakes happen, for sure. Usually those mistakes don't involved head injuries though but ultimately, the best thing Port could have done come Monday was to admit the error.
by Grahaml
Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2016

Either way this would be eating Brayshaw alive and that makes me happy. Rather happy, actually. :D
by Booney
Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

the hood in question did disquise the position of the head on numerous occassions and in my opinion all hoods should be banned from football as the true location of the head cannot be seen when a hood is tackled

Not sure why goodwood continue to employ having such hoods out there
by marbles
Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

butchers inclusion last year at the end of the year was outstanding you can see how much endeavour he has out there "on AFL fields" and all his mates get around him

dfg.jpg

2 goals in 4 weeks, no wonder we went well.

you support port

you claim yourself as a footballing analytical engineer and you fail to see the relevance of his inclusion? :shock:

might not read your essays anymore

thinks you hate him

Firstly, I don't claim to be anything.

Secondly, you think blokes with beards worry more about their facial hair than their football and spend far too long thinking and writing about it.
Anyone else appreciate the irony of Booney posting in the Port Adelaide thread at 1 : 19 .....
by am Bays
Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

im agree with that bloke above that 8th place being relegated in unfair and is a direct consequence caused by the failure of para hills to stay on its feet. the div 4 clubs have been through enough as it is due to their fallout and now tidal waves are still occurring from their departure and are still hurting fellow clubs

on the other hand one could be ruthless and say well youve been below average in this higher grade this year, 8th place no glorious season, we have new major infrastructure to be built here for the long term excellence of the whole league and you and your 8th place need to get out the way

for your argument however, if para hills were still in this division and there were 10 teams, how do you think the league would be instead approaching the entrance of the new clubs. would 3 teams just be relegated anyway?

Hyperthetical, deal with facts. If my Aunty had..............

If your aunty had said yes, id be your uncle!!!
by marbles
Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

im agree with that bloke above that 8th place being relegated in unfair and is a direct consequence caused by the failure of para hills to stay on its feet. the div 4 clubs have been through enough as it is due to their fallout and now tidal waves are still occurring from their departure and are still hurting fellow clubs

on the other hand one could be ruthless and say well youve been below average in this higher grade this year, 8th place no glorious season, we have new major infrastructure to be built here for the long term excellence of the whole league and you and your 8th place need to get out the way

for your argument however, if para hills were still in this division and there were 10 teams, how do you think the league would be instead approaching the entrance of the new clubs. would 3 teams just be relegated anyway?

Hyperthetical, deal with facts. If my Aunty had..............Carey's number she'd be very happy!

Lol
by carey
Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst AFL media person..

Sam "Scoop" McClure. That smug little **** boils my piss the instant I see him.
by Booney
Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19 with alacrity

think boomer should have ran and olympic torch through the suburbs of melbourne

or wait no, bartlett runs it to tucks house, passes on to tuck, he runs it to boomer, boomer runs in to the stadium just before the game wearing tucks long sleeves and the flame comes in and stkilda piss all over it :D
by marbles
Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19 with alacrity

Lol Butcher
by Jim05
Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Would be interesting to hear the thoughts of @The Big Shrek.

Mental health is thrown around too much today. Every other person has mental health issues and should no longer be able to be used as a defense against crime.
by Footy Chick
Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

The person who replies to a topic late just when you hope/think others have moved on.
by Wedgie
Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2016

Haha, fair play Jimmy
by JK
Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Apparently this is the biggest power outage since the 07 GF
by whufc
Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL SYDNEY VS WESTERN BULLDOGS

bulldogproud wrote:Hi guys, have decided to take the plunge and go along to the GF. However, if there is anyone who would be willing to swap a seated ticket for my standing room one, I am very happy to pay the difference plus a fair margin.
Cheers

Hope you enjoyed the day mate. Live it up!
by RustyCage
Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL SYDNEY VS WESTERN BULLDOGS

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank those who encouraged me to go across to the GF. It was a truly amazing experience. They apparently have reduced the amount of people they allocate into each of the Standing Room areas, resulting in the view being fine. The camaraderie of the 'Sons of the West' I was with was wonderful. We became instant friends with one another. They would save your spot if you needed to go anywhere, allow you to part the 'Red White and Blue' sea to easily get back to your spot and, on the couple of occasions I stumbled, helped ensure I did not fall fully to the ground. Standing room actually ended up being really good as we were constantly hugging, high-fiving and 'praying' with one another for the miracle to occur. So much Bulldog love was present everywhere! A day I will never forget, one worth the 62 year wait! My only problem was getting the flu on my return to Adelaide, resulting in me being house-bound for a while. A very small price I will happily pay for being at the 'G on the day we finally captured the Holy Grail! Overall feeling: Nirvana!!
Cheers
by bulldogproud
Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:I think Buckley and Hardwick nose to nose. Collingwood miss the eight, then Bucks gone, probably the same for Hardwick.

Surely the same applies for Hinkley?
by Spargo
Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

whufc wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo new contract is that much he could pay every AFL and NRL player wages for a season and still have 50 mil sitting in the bank

Crazy!!!!! Not sure whether to laugh or cry

All that to cry like a bitch when someone brushes past him. Crazy? It sure is.
by Booney
Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rosewater FC - Public Notice

Amateur footballer Adam Rumbelow ‘snapped’, punching umpire in his 300th game because of work stress and back pain, court hears
Jordanna Schriever, The Advertiser
44 minutes ago
Subscriber only
AN amateur footballer blamed work stress and back pain for “snapping” and punching an umpire in a “vicious and cowardly” attack just seven minutes into his 300th game, a court has heard.

Rosewater Football Club player Adam Malen Rumbelow pleaded guilty to one aggravated count of assault at his first appearance in the Port Adelaide Magistrates Court on Monday.

Rumbelow, of Alberton, punched veteran umpire Craig Trewartha after being yellow-carded during a match against Blackfriars Old Scholars at Rosewater on July 16 this year.

The court heard the 36-year old hurled abuse before breaking free from teammates restraining him and landed a single punch on umpire Craig Trewartha after a routine 25m penalty in the match’s opening term.

Adam Rumbelow. Picture: Tricia Watkinson.
In a victim impact statement read to the court, Mr Trewartha described being attacked from behind.

“He shook free from his minders without any warning or provocation punched me viciously from behind in a cowardly one-punch attack,” the umpire said.

“You exploded my face for no good reason. I spent two weeks in pain.

“I do not understand why someone would inflict such pain on an innocent victim for no good reason in such a cowardly way,” he said in the statement.

Before the incident, Mr Trewartha described how he would “spring out of bed and look forward to the game” each Saturday during winter.

“I take umpiring seriously ... I feel like I am making a difference.”

The court heard Mr Trewartha suffered sleeping problems and flashbacks in the weeks after the attack.

Injuries sustained by football umpire Craig Trewartha.
Rumbelow’s lawyer, Stacey Carter, said the former club captain and coach had endured more than a decade of significant pressure and stress while working for a large electrical appliance company before resigning in 2014.

Ms Carter said that stress was compounded by a back problem resulting in “unbearable back pain on the day of his 300th game”.

“Rumbelow remembers seeing the yellow card but has very little memory of the incident itself. He admits that he simply snapped,” she said.

“This game was so important to him ... and he really wanted to play despite the fact he knew physically he was in agony.”

Ms Carter read a letter of apology Rumbelow sent to the SA Amateur Football League four days after the assault which she said demonstrated his sincere remorse and regret.

“I can only sincerely apologise ... I can only hope this doesn’t impact permanently on your enjoyment of being involved (in football),” Rumbelow wrote.

Magistrate Kym Millard convicted Rumbelow and imposed a two-year good-behaviour bond.

“People with pressure and stress everyday get out on the sporting field and none of them do such a thing to take out their frustration,” Mr Millard said.

“The community just can’t tolerate situations where loss of control result in unprovoked, unprecedented attacks on an umpire.”

Rumbelow, who has been banned from playing for 20 years, declined to comment outside court.
by vics01
Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

I attended a SANFL game at Alberton last season and it was a dingy, almost mournful atmosphere. Clearly support for the Magpies continues to drain away despite whatever spin KT puts on it. Perhaps in this economic climate support only carries so far. That would be the kind interpretation of the Magpies state. Given the 'system' though they are stacked well for talent and South Adelaide have taken a massive hit. I hope Eddy and Leinert get a go at the AFL sooner rather than later.
The Port crowd was one of the unique phenomenae in SANFL footy. Even after they went into the AFL there were plenty of Port folk that stayed loyal to the Magpies, and when Port were doing well, a certain number of Power fans would turn up also.
When they made their bid to convert the Magpies into the Power reserves, even the Port cheer squad held uup the "No AFL in the SANFL" banner, prompting a visit from one of the Port dicks from upstairs to lecture them about how much better it would be once the Magpies are no more :roll:
I'd rather be a Lion free on the plains than in a zoo. The Magpies are no longer free, they're caged. They are not even puppets, their skin has been stretched around the Power's seconds side. Calling them the Magpies is just complete crap, it's bullshit. They are the Power's reserves, and they have thoroughly kicked the interest out of what loyal fans held on.
by therisingblues
Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Pity he was not Butchers goal kicking coach.
by goddy11
Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stupid ,drunk,or just a footballer?

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:Well, if you don't think the penalty is adequate please, contact the club and tell them.

I tried but the lines are engaged.
Probably all those nuffies you mentioned trying to all get through at once!

You said it. ;)
by Booney
Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 AFL Season

I love the way everyone is an expert on here not knowing 'any' of the particulars at all. And your all perfect angles that have never made a blue.

Yep the lad f**ked up, could've been a lot worse luckily it wasn't. By no means is it acceptable behaviour but there is more to it that I'm not sure that will be made public. Infact I'm almost certain it won't, but Impey isn't in a good place at the moment.

Obtuse, Right or Acute? :roll:

Anyone happy with how Port handled the issue?
Seems to me just another Football Club 'hushing up' or 'diminishing' the Player's responsibility for his actions.
Should Port of hung him in the square instead?

C'mon, this happens all the time, here & over the border.
The Club seeks Legal Advice, a Statement is Drafted & Read in front of the cameras, a pathetic 'punishment' is handed down & everything goes on as normal until the next time a similar incident occurs.

Is it any wonder that the same incidents occur over & over again?
As long as the Clubs continue to diminish responsibility of the individual, these incidents will continue to occur.
They are NOT children. You make Adult choices you should cop Adult consequences.

Happens in AFL & the NRL - every year, consistently.

As for the $5K & Round 1 sanction - Pfft...
by LPH
Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 AFL Season

Booney wrote:
In reality it actually has nothing to do with the PAFC. If I did it my employer would have no involvement. So what does it have to do with the AFL?

You'd better batten down the hatches my friend, I'm going to go grab a cuppa then sit back and watch the air raid.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ben Cousins

amber_fluid wrote:
Oh please!
Defending Cousins is akin to defending Port Adelaide right now. ;)

Drugs or no drugs.......... Cousins is a douche bag!

Oi, it's not his fault that he got caught.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ben Cousins

Right now he needs a strong support network of family and friends.

Having been the family or friend on more than a few occasions in situations like these sometimes it's hard to give them the support they need especially when it could hurt your own work and family especially kids. I have a mate right now who I would love to help but me having my kids makes it hard as I can't have him around while my kids are there.

I do feel for Ben right now, he probably wants help from his mates but a lot of his mates would have to be very wary of being so close to a highly publicised situation

Like I said before, the support network is always handy but they can't make him quit. It's purely up to Ben now
by JK
Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pub visits

amber_fluid wrote:
JK wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
carey wrote:Beer and Tits

Beat me too it!
Topless waitresses :lol:

Does that still happen at any pubs? Cross Keys maybe?

I wouldn't have thought many do these days....... but the title is about what you want from a pub ;)

Yeah I know, I'm trying to find which pub to go to ;)
by JK
Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer

amber_fluid wrote:Another good thing about day/night tests is you can come home from work, crack a beer and sit down and watch the last session and get full.

EFA ;)
by Spargo
Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Ollie Wines announced vice-captain, with Brad Ebert, Hamish Hartlett, Tom Jonas & Jackson Trengove rounding out the 2017 leadership team.[/quote]
Hamish Hartlett, really?[/quote]
Poor choice IMO. What does Robbie Gray have to do to get a leadership gig?[/quote]
Obviously getting the sooks & shopping yourself around helps.
Even if Wines is the next captain, surely Gray is in the leadership group before the others named.[/quote]

The best players aren't always the best leaders, Gray has only once, IIRC, been in the leadership group and that's when we had about 8 in it.

Hartlett didn't shop himself around, the club did and all the meetings Hartlett had with other clubs made it clear he wasn't going to be going anywhere.

There is no way Gray is in ahead of Trengove, Ebert or Jonas.[/quote]
Mate that maybe the caee but Tom Jonas as a leader?

Correct me if Im wrong but didnt he miss 5 odd games for a late hit?[/quote]

I get that, but I've never seen anything on field or heard of anything off field to suggest Robbie wouldn't be an inspirational leader. I hope it's only because he has no leadership ambitions, because IMO I'd rate him ahead of Trengove, Hartlett and Jonas FWIW.
by Ruben Carter
Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think all of this talk of Cartwright playing is unlikely. He was not born in NSW, does not live in NSW does not play for NSW. Haven't checked further but hard to see him getting selected without fulfilling the NSW criteria.
by DOC
Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

He came home last night. Still monitoring him and giving him meds.

The first procedure failed, and we ran out of money, so the vet (amazing people) offered to do it again for free, and they took him to their home set up for the weekend. Saved his life, and us about $2000.

Got another check up on Friday to get the all clear.
by HH3
Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rule Changes 2017

Please just leave the f**king game alone.
by carey
Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon

I agree that Hird should be afforded privacy

But I think its a bit rich for his dad to be claiming the AFL is the one without a moral compass after what his son put the players through
by bennymacca
Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:how are they taking maxwell as the bowling allrounder to India and not even bowling him in these games?

The John Butcher of Australian cricket.
by Grenville
Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should Australia Day date be changed?

Leave as is, although of course there are other dates that could be used. But this one has been recognized for a long time.
Shouldn't be a day of triumphalism, but a day of thanks that we live in a country still incredibly well placed by world standards. Lucky to have a British heritage, but one that has been built on by various groups over many years. Understand though the issue of indigenous dispossession.
by Ronnie
Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:If the day is moved to another date, would there be any issues still calling it "Australia Day"?

Someone, somewhere will be offended, that's the problem!

Offended at the suggestion that someone might be offended ;)
by stan
Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016/2017 Big Bash League

KP stays if I were the deciscion maker

Lehmann imho has been so lucky that he had a reputation as being a 'crowd fav', 'average joe', 'typical Aussie' type of personality otherwise I don't think he would have kept his job
by whufc
Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Moving the date isn't about acknowledging anything - it's about allowing EVERYONE to feel comfortable to enjoy and celebrate the land we live in, everything great about it, it's culture and diversity.

This sums up for me why it should be moved.

Right now, it just feels like we're 'dancing on the graves', so to speak.

Proclamation Day here in SA, should we get rid of that too?? WA day on June 6, that gone too - Days when Europeans started settlements in their colonies??

Are we 100% confident the majority indigenous people here in this country are unhappy with Australia day or think that we are dancing on graves?

As I said it's a day to to acknowledge our past (warts and all) and celebrate "our boundless plains to share"!
by am Bays
Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |