Search found 7 matches

Return

Re: Round 23 General Chat

Well shut my mouth.......oops, sorry lads
by Frosty
Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

My concern is Geelong bringing in more mercenary free agents and undermining the winning culture and mentality that has been in place for the last 8 years. At least with the draft you can select young players who tick all the boxes based on their mental strength as well as physical, whereas players like Clark and Frawley may well be damaged goods.
by Frosty
Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

I find it difficult to believe that in a country with 1.252 billion people this mob is the best they can come up with.

Go back a few years - Sehwag, Laxman, Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Yuvraj, Zaheer, Kumble, even Harbajan compared with this lot...pfft

Is it footy season yet?
by Frosty
Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Frosty
Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Several ways of looking at this - most been brought up previously but my summary as follows;

Harassment in the workplace - The football field is Goodes place of employment. Harassment is something centered around the individual feeling harassed. I.e. I tell a funny joke that someone else takes offense to - they are entitled to feel that way and I have to change my behaviour as a result.
Employees can sue employers or fellow staff in cases like this and Goodes stepping away may actually be saving a lot of grief for a lot of people in a workers compensation or even legal environment. I'm not saying that's his only reason either.

Whether the booing is racially motivated or not I'm struggling with the ideas being put forward that all indigenous players show their support for Goodes by doing a ceremonial display during this weekend. By doing this they are actually drawing attention to the fact that it is racially motivated and for a lot of sheep out there it isn't. In the same way Richmond are wearing their indigenous round guernsey what they are saying is it is racial and highlighting that side of the debate. I'm not saying don't do it - what I am saying is anyone who wants to support Goodes, players, coaches, spectators or whoever all do it as one and don't segregate the support.

Booing - I don't boo anyone full stop. I believe it is unsportsmanlike and that's just me. I have unleashed a few double barrel sprays that would make the Hells Angels blush but I just don't do booing. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of Goodes as a player despite the fact he has had an amazing career win the highest honour twice and being probably one of the best utilities of all time. On the flip side he does sook a bit, has performed a few sniper acts and is demonstrative toward the umpires. I've never booed Goodes but if I ever did it would be for the above reasons and if I was that way inclined then all the other snipers in the game would be copping it too including Marley Williams, Michael Firrito, Stevie J and the Hawthorn gut punchers.

Finally, I'm actually over it. The more we comment the more we feed the masses and the debate continues. There have been so many controversies in all sports since who knows when and eventually when people stop talking about it, it goes away - until the next controversery comes along. Wayne Carey is back on TV despite his indiscretions, Ablett Snr can walk the streets without his (alleged) involvement in a drug related death. While all this Goodes business is going on two Collingwood players are about to have a 2 year holiday without the slightest attention when normally it'd be front page news.

So, I've said my piece and I'm done - looking forward to Geelong smashing Brisbane this weekend and getting Motlop's signature on paper to secure his services at the Cattery.
by Frosty
Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division II 2021

I'm in cheers - Frosty
by Frosty
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Division III 2022

Sorry REB - I'm Geelong Pensioners...cheers Frosty (Steve)
by Frosty
Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |