Search found 7 matches

Return

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Here's a question for anyone from any league about the heat rule in general.

Is the heat policy that most associations have in place about player safety or simply about convienience?
It seems we all go by a forecast that is made 18 hours before the event. This seems to be more about calling games off early so people can do something else with their weekend.
The forecast could be 39 and on the actual day it gets to 42 but we are still playing and could also happen in reverse to that where the temp doesnt reach the forecast and we are not playing.
If we were serious about player safety shouldnt we have umpires armed with thermometers who can make a local judgment at their particular ground. We sit around and wait for showers to pass and grounds to be fit to play on so why cant we sit around when its hot and wait for temp to drop below 40? In some caases we may get 1 or 2 hours in before it reaches 40 and another couple later in the day when it cools down a bit.
Yes of course we will have temperature variances across an association as big as ours where some would play and some wouldnt but is that no different to a rain affected day?
by daysofourlives
Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So Angaston are the club that changed all the rules yeah?? Well I'm sure the rule is if its 40 or above at Elizabeth on the nine news then the game is cancelled... So then tell me when I was sitting watching the weather and they put up Elizabeth 39 , why aren't we playing tomorrow, well we were until freeling got a email from nine saying they were wrong , well bad luck rules are rules right, boundary rider? So I look forward to seeing what the Execs come up with this week now after angaston have protested that it was 39 so game should be played. Lets just put it on another day and be done with it, every time I speak to your captain he is happy to play , or that's what he says. But starting to get the feeling maybe he's not.

Anyway it's up to the guys running the association now ....

I heard a whisper it states in Lade's very lucrative contract, if they need to get intouch with tredders he has to accommodate or his contract is void!
Ps I hate tredders, and so does everyone else!!!
by THE POPE
Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hannun
Parish
McMillian

Montgomery
Montgomery
Papas
by daysofourlives
Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

What do people think , in the A1s should the central umpire be allowed to overall a decision made by square leg, (ie stumping , runout if it's obvious ) just asking the question as there was a incident in our game today where the umpire said to me he would've overalled if he could've ?? I'm not having a go because I probably would've made the same decision but I'm just asking peoples thought??

Well done to sandy today to only lose 6 wickets all day their imports look ok... Really like the look of the left handed kid at the end Koch I think was his name..
Happy with my boys to toil away all day and keep the score under 250 set up for a good run chase
Nice couple of digs at us there. Short memories u guys have. Anyway looking forward to next week.
by norm11
Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

*grabs popcorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Extractor
Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

WTF kind of rule is that, so if an 'a' grader can't play one week of a two week game because of a wedding and the A2 team are playing a two week game. He can't play 4s. Doesn't play cricket at all, tell them (kocho) they are ......... you can fill in the blank with a number of adjectives
Bit differant when all grades are playing one dayers that week and because the A's have a bye they load up their A3's and A4's.
Absolute crap from Lyndoch and have ruined it all for everyone now
by Jim05
Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |