Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Callinan delisted today
Believed to have accepted an onfield role with the Ravens, possible Captain
by Jim05
Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Congratulations beenreal, I honestly can say I think that last line is the best troll I've ever seen on this site and you've beaten some high quality opposition too! :lol:
by Wedgie
Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL MEMBERSHIPS SEASON 2014

I've also noticed that the Adelaide Crows General Admission, Silver, Gold and Essentials memberships are quoted as offering entry into all AFC State League (SANFL) games free.
Disgraceful if true.

It is true. And disgraceful.

As the head of the Alice Springs football once said to me when I asked about the number of spectators that come to games in Alice in the boots of cars and through un-authorised "gaps" in the fence, "We might not get them when they come through the gate, but by Christ we get them when they go to the bar and canteen...."

Who cares is Crows supporters get in for nix it's money the clubs don't see directly, our clubs will "profit" once they start buying food and drink.

So we should just make SANFL games free then?
by Mic
Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL MEMBERSHIPS SEASON 2014

Pseudo wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I don't want go to three games though!

Not even the Integrity Cup fixture?

West and Norwood are playing in that, not South! :)
by Wedgie
Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Game Week 2 Discussion

To say the least, a bit unfair on Topsy. Hardly the biggest fan of all that has transpired out there of late.

Joe's cut and run, voting yes then resigning, doesn't really need commenting on. His actions speak for themselves.

What sh*ts me to tears more than anything is that there'll be no washback for the gutless hacks that sit on the SANFL Boards and on the Commission. By the time their insane decision has reached the endpoint, the effective death of the SANFL, they'll all be gone.

I had one animated discussion with a noted Norwood advertising shill who sits on the Commission who simply couldn't have been more pleased with himself about what he and his cronies had forced through. That he couldn't answer the simple question about how he expected the SANFL clubs to attract members under the age of forty from now on says everything.
by topsywaldron
Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL AGM Reports

Media Release from the SANFL...

Monday 17th March 2014

2013 AGM: SANFL HEADED BACK TO PROSPERITY

The SANFL is looking ahead to a period of sustained prosperity following the official conclusion of the 2013 financial year.

The League held its Annual General Meeting tonight (Monday 17th March 2014) and tabled its 2013 Annual Report, showing the SANFL made an underlying profit of $2.13m excluding depreciation, stadium write-down and abnormal items.

In 2013, the SANFL also reported:

- a positive net cash flow from operating activities of $3.8m compared with $1.3m in 2012;

- an increase in cash on hand at the end of the year of almost half a million dollars to $1.7m; and

- a 3% operating expenditure reduction.

The statutory loss of $12.4m was largely due to the continued write down of AAMI Stadium; a planned process undertaken to reflect the future revenue and value following the shift of AFL football to Adelaide Oval.

However, the SANFL will soon be able to recognise the value of the license it has to use Adelaide Oval for the next 80 years – which has been independently assessed by Ernst & Young at $93.5m – which will return the SANFL’s asset value to in excess of $100m in 2014.

“The League’s financial business plan shows a significant improvement in earnings from the 2014 season when football is played at Adelaide Oval,” said John Olsen AO, Chairman of the South Australian Football Commission.

“In addition to revenue opportunities, the League has implemented a lower cost structure as it will no longer be running a major stadium,” he said.

“The League’s commitment to provide additional funding to the Port Adelaide Football Club has concluded at a total of $14.75m - a fact not understood, recognised or appreciated by many.

“The elimination of this exposure upon the transfer of licences combined with the financial benefits of moving to Adelaide Oval will allow the SANFL to commence a debt reduction program from 2014.

“The underlying business continues to be profitable and the level of profit will improve as a result of a higher financial return from Adelaide Oval.”

Mr Olsen said the SANFL would also use the proceeds of selling land at AAMI Stadium to reduce its debt.

“After a process that has taken three years to get the land at AAMI Stadium rezoned, the SANFL went to market with an Expression of Interest process that concluded last week. We are currently evaluating the bids received to purchase all or part of the land,” he said.

“Inclusive of the proceeds from the sale of land, the SANFL expects to be able to fully repay its debt in coming years.”

The SANFL also reported strong participation numbers for 2013, including:

- more than 113,000 participated in football in South Australia and involvement at club level across the State rose to more than 45,000;

- the number of children aged 5-12 increased by 7.5% while total Primary and Secondary school participation increased by 13.5%; and

- participation in the South Australian Women’s Football League increased by 27.5%.

Mr Olsen also reflected on the wide range of issues dealt with by the Commission over the previous 12 months which included the AFL licences, the move to Adelaide Oval, the rezoning of AAMI Stadium and AFL ‘second’ teams in the SANFL competition.

“I doubt whether there ever has been a time with such diverse, complex and demanding issues on the table all at once,” he said.

“However, the hard work is not over and only continued financial vigilance, innovative thinking and a spirit of collaboration will see our potential realised.”
by Big Phil
Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trial Game Week 3 Discussions

FULL TIME @ PLAYFORD ALIVE OVAL

LEAGUE - Final Scores

Port - 14.11 = 95

Central - 4.6 = 30

Port Power Reserves win by 65 points

GOALS:

Port - B.Renouf, A.Young, R.Buggermann 2, J.Johansen, B.Ah Chee, B.Haren, S.Summerton, S.Gray, B.Newton, K.Amon , C.Hitchcock 1

Central - L.Habel 2, J.Gilbee, B.Retzlaff 1

Might have thought you of all people might be above that NIMBY cr@p PH. Guess you're in with the sheep.
Im prepared to call you Port Magpies if you are prepared to play within our salary cap, until then you ARE Port Power Reserves
by Jim05
Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubrooms Who has the best?

SDK wrote:Makes me laugh that the clubs with the fancy club rooms are almost broke and may yet still may not survive.
says a lot about you.

A four team comp would take SANFL back to your most successful era though.
by smac
Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South 2014

sjt wrote:Purchased my three game membership this week. The office lady said she had a few non south supporters sign up this week.

Good to have you on board sjt. ;-)
by The Sleeping Giant
Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Licenses sold- anchors away.

gossipgirl wrote:perhaps get some pigs and teach them how to fly

seriously its only been about 23 years :roll:

So you are happy with a tennant free loading?
Fact is that all that land is SANFL owned, the Cows are no longer owned by the SANFL so surely must become paying tennants
by Jim05
Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Licenses sold- anchors away.

It's anchors aweigh, its the difference between knowing your shit ans knowing you're shit....
by 24laceup
Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reserves Round 1 / League Trial Games

The player who tried to take Newtons head off in a practice match is a piece of ****. Plain and simple.

Lucky he did it on the football field and not a king-hit out in town or he'd have to face some real consequences.

You can't go around trying to ruin other peoples lives because they are better than you.

Hark at Mr Dramatic.

Glad you never saw Darryl Poole play football, you'd have never recovered.
by topsywaldron
Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Eagles v Central @ Maughan Thiem (Sat 5/4)

Will be my first Centrals opening game I have missed in my memory!!!

Will be going to watch Eastern Park this Saturday.

Hoping for a Centrals win UUUUdogs
Me too (other than the eastern park bit). Apologise to the CDFC boys for not supporting them on the day.
Band wagoners the pair of you. You're only waiting for the CDFC v AFC game.

Go on admit it.
You know you want to

:D ;)
by johntheclaret
Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your 2014 predictions

Why are Port so favoured over the Crows. Whats the difference?

The problem is that the other SANFL clubs assumed port wouldn't do something like the Summerton disgrace and keep a bunch of others for "$400" a game. Don't know how you can change it next year either if like most likely port will be too strong, it's too late.
by Tech1
Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There are a couple of things that could be done, that should've been done.

Both Port and the Crows have the same restrictions, 15 top up players each, no top up players to have played state league football for the last 3 years, top up players have to be under the age of 23.

Other things that could be done if this didn't make it more even is remove the exception of a leadership player and increase the salary cap of each SANFL club - hard to do when clubs are financially struggling but you could increase the dollars we get from the new afl reserves clubs to directly go to each clubs salary cap.

The first suggestions would do it though imho.

Agree very much with this. It is bad enough that six clubs let the Power and Crows Reserves into the competition, destroying the integrity of the competition. However, by allowing one club to still retain their SANFL players (or a number of them) and be boosted by having all AFL players available to them made it a farce. The suggestion made re having top up players only and with these having limited, if any, SANFL experience, is how it should have happened.

Cheers
by bulldogproud2
Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Chris Davies advised that the shortfall between sponsorship and the new TV fees are slightly more than what the ABC was being paid.
So basically its costing more to have the SANFL on TV with no national coverage like previous. The reserves teams are paying off already. :roll:
by Wedgie
Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Norwood v Port Adelaide @ Coopers (Thur N 3/4)

As far as the game goes I hope the Port Power reserves win by 100 points and then they Gatorade shower Joe Tripoldi in the middle of their circle when they sing 'we've got the power to win'
by whufc
Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dedja wrote:Then we'll blow you a big wet kiss ...

Take the boy out of Glenelg, but you can never take Glenelg out of the boy. ;)
by Booney
Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - North v Adelaide @ Prospect (Sun 6/4)

I hope Lewis kicks a bag and North get thrashed.
by on the rails
Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - North v Adelaide @ Prospect (Sun 6/4)

Has anyone heard or seen the big time promotion of the North v Crows game in the North Zone this week as was continually mentioned in the lead up to vote last year.

I don't live in the zone .
Has it happened or was it a load of shite from the filth?
There was nothing in the Messenger this week, local soccer and amatuers got more coverage. Disappointed with that as I'm trying to round up a few locals for the game.
by Wedgie
Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - North v Adelaide Post Game

Crowd Number?

I heard 4.6k.
At least 4k North supporters if not more.

A Crows supporter was walking down Lindner Lane at 1/4 time coming to the game in his Crows guernsey and a North scarf, damn did I give it to him, he tried to dig a hole and bury himself.
So he follows North and the Crows. Why have a go at him? Free country isn't it?

Did 4k North supporters rock up to the 1st game at Prospect last year?

Mate, there was a couple of times in the past when I was watching Geelong smash the Cows before a Rooster game in the club rooms and the very same **** wits told me to go back to Victoria. It is a free country but as a true supporter of football clubs there's no bigger scum IMHO. Can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.

If you barrack for Adelaide you're the biggest traitor in the world to North Adelaide as WE ARE CROW EATERS! Absolute scum, nothing less, nothing more.

The very few Crows morons that rocked up today were genuinely surprised at TRUE football supporters hatred and the noise we make. its not his fault your board voted YES. So the North Adelaide board (plus 5 others) aren't the biggest traitors in the world? Anyway we digress.
Good on North for beating them easily.
by HeartBeatsTrue
Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - North v Adelaide Post Game

Great for SA Footy :)

Now lets hope the other 6 true SANFL clubs can do what north did today - I will be giving them hell when they come to richmond

I cant wait to hear how Sanderson explains how this seconds side has helped the structure of his afl side. Now they truly have a losing culture. At least last year, some of their players would have experienced wins with their sanfl clubs. Great move by an amatuer afl club
by Mark_Beswick
Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

I have always followed Adelaide in the AFL and Sturt in the SANFL, my allegiances will always be with Sturt.
I was thinking about getting an Adelaide membership a couple of years ago leading into the move to AO as I live in walking distance to the ground, in the end I couldn't validate doing so as it would mean a full weekend of going to the footy as I'll always go to Sturt games when I can....the girlfriend wouldn't be happy basically so I canned it and I'm glad I did. I've pretty well given up on AFL now because of all the bull$hit that goes with it. The lies, scandals, hype and total lack of credibility as a true sporting competition and it's total lack of direction in the future.
Unfortunately this has now spread to the SANFL more than ever with the advent of AFL reserves. I'm getting prepared to totally giving up on footy in the next five years if we keep going the way we are headed.
by CUTTERMAN
Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Central v Norwood Post Game

Good triumphs over evil!!!
by UK Fan
Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

Brodlach wrote:
Dutchy wrote:The competition is a farce, as many predicted.

Was it a farce last week when the magpies lost?

Absolutely.
by Dutchy
Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the observer wrote:The bays have been RIP since their main side the crows went in .Dont blame the current set up

Had over twenty years to get their sh/t together, has bugger all to do with this.
by StrayDog
Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bounce of the ball wrote:Bring back the bye. Time for a 9 team comp.

No. Get rid of Power and Crows reserves and have an 8 team competition, with all clubs on a level playing field, like it should be.
by cennals05
Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

There were no games under 2k until Round 5 last year:
by spell_check
Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - Eagles v Port @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval (Mon

Hopefully the Eagles get smashed they voted to bring the gayfl reserve teams in so they can suffer ;)
by holden78
Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Central v Norwood Post Game

You reckon that is timeslot issues?

Yep timeslot was the main issue.

Imho the 'exposure' argument is far overrated and giving exposure to people who will probably never attend an SANFL game or in particular the two teams involved games (because if they were keen they would probably be at the game especially in the conditions saturday through up) and are only flicking on as a preview to the afl game is not of any great value to the SANFL clubs.

Can we compare tv ratings from the Centrals Norwood game on the abc last year to the channel 7 game this year.

Also having how thousands of people watching the Norwood v port didn't seen to help ports first round crowd or Norwoods away supporter base.

I like the product channel 7 is producing but I can't see any value to centrals
by whufc
Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Refer FOOT-e TIMES Daily from Tuesday & it shows Round 2 Crowds for recent years going back to 2009.

Last weekend's 5 game TOTAL was lower than all of the previous 4 game TOTAL.
http://footetimes.com/foot-e-times-daily-tues-april-15/

There is the possibility of some high drawing games this Easter round and next week with ANZAC Day so hopefully things will improve.
by PhilH
Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 LIVE scores

He also suggested that it was wrong that Sommerton was playing for them
by CUTTERMAN
Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - Central v Adelaide @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 19

This is the first game I won't be attending when I don't have another commitment for years. I'm not sure if my stubbornness is good or bad. I feel like I am letting my team down, especially when they voted no. But on the other hand I don't want to be seen as supporting the AFL in the SANFL. To go, or not to go, that is the question?

Get down there big fella. I also have no interest in the AFL reserves being in the SANFL but as soon as South voted No my support for them has got stronger. Incidentally Centrals are now my second favourite team and hope you guys have a big win!
by Panther Pack
Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

Not keen enough on the reserves team to drive to Elizabeth. Only go to the bays games, still keep a keen eye on the lads as they are crow boys, well most of them. I'm not one of those anti afl in the sanfl. I'm loving it.

Says it all really. Not a true SANFL supporters a...hole.

Who heard Cornes this morning on 5AA when he made the comment about Crows supporters travelling to Elizabeth for the the match today ? Something along the line " who'd want to go out there ".
Obviously with the 150 Crows supporter turn-out they all listened to him.

Skeletor's, Chardonay sipping eliteist attitude never ceases to amaze me !!! He really thinks he's part of the Royal family of Adelaide.
by dogbreath
Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:

to be honest though, the more people whinge like little girls on this forum, the more i am finding myself barracking for the crows to do well.

GO STATE TEAM CROWS! :D

You make me sick.
Get the Centrals logo off your profile.
by Kahuna
Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:Who made you judge and jury.

In short go fk yourself.

You've obviously only started barracking for Centrals since 2000.

There's no way a die-hard, true & loyal Doggies supporters would think twice about which scarfe to adorn.
by dogbreath
Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The afl teams need us

And 6 clubs bent over without consultation
by mighty_tiger_79
Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SANFL are part owners of AO and allways will be, if you dont like it play at Alberton.
If it wasnt for the SANFL you wouldnt even still be in the AFL

Since when did the SANFL buy AO? Maybe you should go back and read the post before shooting your mouth off. To say Port and the crows need the SANFL is the biggest laugh out there. Why do you think we now play footy at AO? Why do you think the AFL didn't want the SANFL in control of the licenses? The AFL sides do not need the SANFL, but the SANFL does need the the AFL. Have fun paying for that LEASE if there was no AFL games there.
If you dont need us piss off and go find another comp to play in. The SANFL will survive without the two AFL reserves sides.
The SANFL can quite easily live off the proceeds of AAMI and the rent from AO.
Im sure with your new found wealth you could afford to put your ressies in the VFL and travel to Melbourne every second week
by Jim05
Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok, so 4 pages in and I still have no idea how the game panned out.... Any chance of a run down??
by 24laceup
Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is there any other competition in the world where full time professionals play semi professionals, with such a significant difference in salary cap?

Every 4 years when the US Dream Team wins gold in the Men's basketball at the Olympics.
And I don't think the Haarlem Globetotters play by the same rules as the rest. Oh hang on...their games really are a farce
by johntheclaret
Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3 LIVE scores

Eagles turn to find out why 'no', was the correct answer.

Qtr Time
Eagles 1.0
Port 6.6
by CedeNullis
Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another SANFL side the Eagles at the end of a 58 point belting by a multi million dollar AFL club however the competition is not COMPROMISED !!!!

Comment please Zip Zap Olsen, Triggy , SANFL board, Tripodi and the gang of SIX you have a lot of explaining to do !!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly what us long time SANFL supporters thought might happen.

The nightmare has begun !!!!!

SANFL now is a joke a sham a farce
Waa waa

Not surprised your not fussed about a compromised competition.

COLA anyone!!!
:lol:

No it does bother me! But I've accepted it. Moved on and looked to the future! A national reserves comp would be better, but that's not happening!
But what has bothered me more is the carry on by people on this site are acting like little school children. Embarrassing to be honest.

Cola, please! Try something new....

And people like you that are willing to roll over and except it, wont change anything in the future. You added nothing to the subject with your waa waa comment, very mature, well done!
by Tech1
Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

It was also a really weird atmosphere there. There were plenty of power/magpies supporters there yet they displayed zero excitement and passion despite belting us from the first bounce. In years gone by their supporters would have been gloating and giving it to us. But today.......nothing. Polite applause when they kicked a goal. Even their cheersquad remained pretty well quiet.

I'm thinking many of their loud-mouthed passionate supporters have given up and been replaced with well-behaved AFL supporters.

Wasn't there today since I no longer follow the magpies because of what has happened but you are spot on. I'm going to have a punt here and say that 75% of years gone by regular magpie supporters who attended 10+ games yearly have walked away. As a former cheer squad member, I can also say that only a few of last years members remain (and they are power supporters which explains it). To my knowledge, the cheer squad has been overtaken by Power cheer squad members.

As for the atmosphere, what do you expect? After all it is all a fraud and deep down, everyone knows that the magpies are unfortunatley dead, so how can any passion be displayed?
by Blackwhite
Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another SANFL side the Eagles at the end of a 58 point belting by a multi million dollar AFL club however the competition is not COMPROMISED !!!!

Comment please Zip Zap Olsen, Triggy , SANFL board, Tripodi and the gang of SIX you have a lot of explaining to do !!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly what us long time SANFL supporters thought might happen.

The nightmare has begun !!!!!

SANFL now is a joke a sham a farce
A central supporter whinging about a team being to good. Are you worried they might make the next 12 grand finals and win 9 premierships
They were dominant but atleast they were on a level playing field
by Jim05
Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 4 - Port Magpies v West @ Alberton Oval (Sat 26/4)

Crows had the same opportunity to sign SANFL players as top up players on $400 a game, so what's the difference? I know what's the difference history and credibility, none of which Adelaide has.

Wrong again

"Should it be necessary, Adelaide may access further ‘top up’ players from community football. These players are not to have played at SANFL level for a minimum of 18 months and will receive $400 per match." show me where that is different for PA?

You're not playing with a full deck are you. I just replied to your post, it's pretty straight forward, you where able to keep a bunch of players that played SANFL last year one an ex afl player maybe two ex afl players now on "$400 a game", not just the one leadership player, just like the crows have with Ian Callinan. You decided to keep Slattery as your leadership player and then pay Summerton "$400" a game, because he wasn't 28 yet and didn't qualify to be one. you can't recruit players that already play for you, they are retained. The same recruiting condition apply. That's why Marlon
Motlop could not be recruited.
by Dols
Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserves. The Pros and Cons:

Now that the SANFL no longer hold the licenses of the two SA based AFL clubs what is the extent of the SANFL's obligation to these two clubs?
Is it the same obligation the SANFL has to Collingwood or Gold Coast? i.e None.

I am sure the SANFL would survive without the AFL teams, without the media, without any exposure, the clubs would simply adjust to live within their means.
For most people on here it wouldnt matter about the standard of the competition as long as it was still Centrals playing North or Glenelg playing South.
and there was the same rules for all and there was still a premiership at the end of the season.
It could be equivalent of Div 5 ammos for all i care i just want to see the dogs be given the same chance of winning the flag as the other 7 teams. The standard wouldnt fall away much as you must still play SANFL to be eligible for the draft thus keeping the comp strong.
by daysofourlives
Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserves. The Pros and Cons:

I'd say no TV coverage at all ( the SANFL couldn't afford to pay someone to do it as they would get reduced revenue ) and reduced ( which is minimal now ) print media coverage. As a result, less sponsorship.

Less sponsorship, less monies in the clubs.....you do the maths.

The result would be catastrophic.

I'd have to say I'd disagree with that.

I might be wrong, but I don't believe the major sponsors at Glenelg base their sponsorship dollars on TV or print media exposure ... most are there because they are led by loyal Glenelg supporters who pay relatively modest amounts to sponsor the club.

Ground signage, website advertising, match day or other events (lunches/dinners) provide the modest returns as benefits of their sponsorship dollars.

Any TV or print media exposure is a bonus. What may happen though is that prolonged media exposure if say, channel 7 coverage takes off, may encourage new sponsorship interest.

But my point is that this has insignificant impact on current sponsorship.

Glenelg's financial issues aren't sponsorship (yes, more would be nice), it's the lack of patronage at the Bar and Bistro and Function Centre, which has a direct relationship to on field success.
by dedja
Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Future of the SANFL

Not surprisingly that no other clubs supporters think that this is fair except for most port people but really what do you expect, why wouldn't they want an unfair advantage, every club would if they where given the chance to and have nobody else do anything about it. The problem is with the people running the SANFL. The funny thing is every clubs got a vote for both the Crows and the Power reserves didn't they? I'm sure at the end of the year the gutless people running this league and the clubs who voted this in, including mine, will roll over when push comes to shove. I'd love to see that changes made, like more restrictions on the afl reserves, more money being provided by the afl clubs to play in our league and a higher salary cap but i can't see it happening, it just makes too much sense and that's not what the league directors are all about.
by Tech1
Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1197am RPH Adelaide's Thursday Night SANFL Show

So the Crows reserve side goes by the name Adelaide State League now?
Wow they really are the team for all south australians

That is just a term a few in the media have been referring them to do, so it has stuck...
Personally I reckon call it what it is BP. The SANFL, crows reserves and power or port reserves. Anything else is spin.
Yeah, I actually agree with you. I will take that on board...
by Big Phil
Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |