Search found more than 1242 matches

Return

Re: Ashes 2023

If the roles were reversed the uproar on here would break post records.

Don’t agree with it at all.

Haha, cmon mate it was out everyday of the week, every wicketkeeper in every grade of cricket tries this 20 times every week just on the off chance they might get one in their whole career. Carey can stop now, he has his one.
by daysofourlives
Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Im not sure that the call of over actually stops the dismissal anyway.
I believe the McCallum/Collingwood stumping the umpire had called over. The bowlers end umpire was clearly not aware that play was continuing, he couldve easily had called over sometime between the ball leaving Careys hands and it hitting the stumps.

How many of you have had to stand at Square leg umpiring when some idiot keeper in park cricket thinks he can get a stumping every 3rd ball? Luckily most of the time they arent skilled enough to hit the stumps but f me, its bloody annoying if they do. Everyone gets pissed at the keeper for holding up play but that one time he pulls it off, its the highlight of his sad life ;)
by daysofourlives
Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hogg Premier League 2023

Thanks for pointing out the points against REB, bloody stiff this year I reckon, 3rd highest points for but every other team has the best game whenever they play me. Still have trades so hoping to sneak into the 8 and anything can happen. Can set my season up by knocking off Far Callers this week and then my draw opens up a bit but as I've seen all year, the guys struggling will no doubt score 2500 when they play me.
by daysofourlives
Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PatowalongaPirate wrote:Didn't recognise Stokes when he walked out, he wasn't limping, or grimacing...

Bit of Dangerfield about him
by daysofourlives
Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ok given we know the selectors wont drop Warner what will the realistic 11 be?

Khawaja
Warner
Laba
Smith
Head
Marsh
Green
Carey
Cummins
Starc
Hazelwood

I would be happy for Neser to replace Hazelwood
Dependent on pitch its Green or Murphy IMO
Since its Andersons likely last Test at home i reckon the curator will look after him so Murphy unlikely
by daysofourlives
Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Holding hands on flights, barking like dogs in changerooms, Marnus is going to be unbearable.

What do you mean he's "going" to be unbearable, he's already there and has been for a long time, i cant stand him and he hasnt made runs for a long time. If it wasnt for Warner we would be saying Marnus needs to go, 1x50 in his last 17 innings just isnt good enough.

We still have 4 unlikeables in our 11, all of them selfish and entitled
by daysofourlives
Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone else absolutely sick of Marnus when he gets out? Going down on his haunches again last night, you missed a straight one from possibly the worst spinner in world cricket, ffs just get off the ground, not sure whats worse that or Warner smiling when he gets out.
The only one that could feel hard done by is Marsh, mustve walked under a ladder for Bairstow to hang onto that
by daysofourlives
Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:384 to win

Hope Warner gives a big f&@k you to Broad and scores a big hundred

lol, its not happening, weve been hoping for 5 years now
by daysofourlives
Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

First week of finals
The 4 ''''home teams''' were
CO beat ML
CA beat SS:
SK lose GW
BL beat PA

The one team that lost was SK
SK played at the MCG
They had a home state final but not a home ground advantage at MarvAL

MorALly this is wrong
They squeeze more into the MCG than MArveL, thats fine for the AFL who most prob make extra $$$$
Crowd was 68, 465
But is it fair for the players of SK ? Wait until you play "home" finals at the opposition's home ground

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Like we just had to :evil:

GWS with a record 11 different venue wins in one season.
Only because the AFL dont give Collingwood the opportunity to take this record
by daysofourlives
Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLCA 2016-17

Did they end up going with 8 team or 6 team divisions?

A1-8
A2-8
A3-7
Thats at least 9 2 day teams gone since their genius idea to move to 10 teams in A1 and play all two day cricket in the 2 day grades.
They are playing each team once in a two day game and 4 teams in a one day game.
A4-10
A5-12

Nuri will be the relegated team, i will be surprised if they avoid an outright loss in any of their 2day games. Talk they may have only one team, currently nominated an A5 but may not fill it. In real big trouble
by daysofourlives
Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2023

Looking increasingly likely Montgomerie and Hately may not end up at the Dogs next year, and Harry Grant maybe lost to the AFL system.

Unlike in previous years its fairly reassuring that you just know Mark Ross and Greg Edwards will be doing everything possible to get recruits in and by the seasons start the INS/OUTS will read pretty positively.

Any rumours on where they are playing ?

I think he will play for Footscray, the Western Bulldogs have shown moderate interest. Doesnt take much for these clubs to suck them in
by daysofourlives
Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

Funny how its always no names that get caught.
Never an absolute star of the game.
But we know the AFL does everything above board, they would never hide anything. Just a coincidence

Is this the culture Goodwin speaks of ad nauseum?
by daysofourlives
Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mens ICC Cricket World Cup, India 2023.

The run out of Rashid overnight.

IMO, this actually borders alot more against the spirit of cricket than Careys stumping.
The wicket keeper appears to pretend he has conceded the ball is dead by looking to throw the ball on whilst he is removing his glove in readiness to have a ping. The ball is dead when the keeper concedes it is. The time elapsed i think constitutes a dead ball. Careys was instant.
At the same time, im also happy to concede it as a genuine wicket, i hate the non striker leaving the crease too far.

If this was an Aussie, England would be up in arms but because its a lil Sri Lankan, everybody says how good it was. The poor lil Sri Lankans have got away with this stuff for a long time.
by daysofourlives
Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pat's ( Not Spargo ) Punt Club 2023

carey wrote:I’ll post my $25 bet for race 8 in the morning, but my horse for the cup is;

#4 Breakup

Omen bet after your recent purchases :D
by daysofourlives
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KING PAT AND HIS DISCIPLES PUNT CLUB 2023

A little bit of love for Brod to, Pat wouldnt have got us home without Brod's selection
by daysofourlives
Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mens ICC Cricket World Cup, India 2023.

bertiebeatle1 wrote:
carey wrote:
tigerpie wrote:That's the wicket we needed.
He tons up generally they win.
Batting second isn't going to be easy.
Hope we're chasing 250 or less.

India 239
Australia 3/241

:shock:

I was just looking for that, the mans a genius
by daysofourlives
Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAFC 2024

sounds like it will be 8, cant wait to hear Kanes take on it :D
by daysofourlives
Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

My old boss bought a pallet of cleanskin 2019 Tempranillo. I knew where he got it from, just happened to be a mate that organised the sale, $90 a case of 12, it was some of the Riverlands finest :D
My boss then asked me to source some 6 pack cartons and split them down to 6 packs and give every employee a 6 pack for xmas, all up about 20 employees.
He's of Italian heritage.
by daysofourlives
Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Amazing chase by Para Hills on Saturday needing 16 off the last over vs Goodwood. Goodwood Skipper Alfie Gleadall bowled the last.over that went B, 5w, 2, X, lb, 5w, 4 to see Para Hills over the line. Alfie ended up with 18 wides for the game and Goodwood 26 as a team, which turned out really to be the difference needed. For me, one of the highest standards of cricket in A1 I've seen in a long time.

Also the most Poms I've seen in one game, Para Hills with 1 and Goodwood with 5.

Pretty contradictory assessment, 26w is not a high standard in anyones books.
by daysofourlives
Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you are looking forward to

Going to a game of AFL at Adelaide Oval without the 50k of local wildlife, not sure if replacing them with 25-30k of Collingwoods finest will be an improvement though.
all jokes aside it will be a great experience watching a game here in Adelaide that isnt a one sided crowd, its close to sold out now too.
by daysofourlives
Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Womens Cricket

locky801 wrote:India 3/193 at lunch, Aussie may have picked up 2 wickets but India well on top

doesnt seem the zip and enthusiam here from the Aussies that we are used to

Dont blame them, hard to get behind Healy, any chance they could turn the stump mic off, sick of her voice, Helloooo
by daysofourlives
Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2023/24

Get off the ******* ground Marnus, infuriates me everytime, probably more than it should but just **** off, youre out.
Its like him and Smith have a contest to see who can take the longest to get off the ground.
by daysofourlives
Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Get off the ******* ground Marnus, infuriates me everytime, probably more than it should but just **** off, youre out.
Its like him and Smith have a contest to see who can take the longest to get off the ground.

Is the incoming batsman at the crease & ready?
No?
Then there's no need to rush off!
It shouldn't make you cranky...........unless you just don't like him.

Carry the bat by the handle and get the f*ck off.

Smith nearly shaking his own head off yesterday before reviewing an LBW.

Cummins running to Carey for a caught behind not looking back at the umpire.

All petulant behaviour.

Maybe its time for Marnus to be fined for dissent. Smith most certainly should be.
Lets put a stop to it for good, we dont need thousands of kids carrying on like this in the future. Its already irritating enough with the young generation shouting "no run" when its not required, exaggerating their leaves and posing for the camera after every ball
by daysofourlives
Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 23/24

Strikers old failures

Cam Boyce
Danny Briggs
Ben Dunk
Fawad Ahmed
Brad Hodge
Jon Holland
Mahela Jayawardene
Trent Lawford
Bryce McGain
Aaron O'Brein
Craig Simmons
Cameron White
Daniel Worrall
Can probably add Overton and Payne

Successful old strikers

Johan Botha
Michael Klinger
Ben Laughlin
Chris Lynn
Nathan Reardon
Peter Siddle
Jon Wells

Those that have had good careers at other franchises after the Strikers

Johan Botha
Callum Ferguson
Alex Hales
Colin Ingram
Chris Jordan
Michael Klinger
Nathan Lyon
Michael Neser
Adil Rashid
Matt Renshaw
Kane Richardson
Alex Ross
Phil Salt
Alfonso Thomas
Adam Zampa

Those that failed at other franchises after Strikers

Tom Andrews
Tom Cooper
Ben Dunk
Ben Laughlin
Tim Ludeman
Peter Siddle
Billy Stanlake
Shaun Tait
Jon Wells

Alot more talent going out than coming in as a rule.
Recruits are generally has beens that are too old.
Surely we can get hold of McGurk when he comes out of contract at Renegades
by daysofourlives
Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

78 over bowled in the day, reckon day 1 Pakistan took the points after being 5/96 And because we bowled them out in under 80 overs it doesn’t matter how many overs we bowl in the day as we don’t get punished at all

Thats absolute bulls5it, we should be fined our entire match payments, docked 2 WTC points and Captain Climate should get 2 matches.
What a joke, we were responsible for the slow over rate, should be made to bat the full 9 overs that were left.

Until the ICC fixes this Test cricket will continue to die, it needs drastic change.
4 day tests, every Test starts on a Friday except obviously Boxing Day. 100 or 110 over days, play until theyre bowled. The players will adjust with more entertaining cricket to get results and batsman arent as equipped to play a 5 day Test as they used to be.
Would make programming so much easier, a Test every week to fit into an ever increasing tighter schedule.
by daysofourlives
Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can recall a game , by mutual consent with the opposition captain, we stopped a game to listen to the Caulfield Cup

No need to now with mobile phones, i was at 1st slip with the phone on the ground between my legs watching the cox plate this year.
Cant say we dont do everything possible to speed up the game.
by daysofourlives
Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Bailey has just confirmed Smith is opening

What happens if Smith fails and Green makes a couple of tons?

One less petulant, unlikeable bloke in our team. Thats not a bad thing. Then we just need Marnus to struggle for this calendar year and we can finally like the team again
by daysofourlives
Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

Booney wrote:In - Glenelg : Max Proud, Chris Curran

Thanks Sandra
by daysofourlives
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is it terrible that I’m loving this?

you are no orphan ;)

CA cancelling Australia Day was the final straw for me.
I am sick to death of the squeaky wheel getting the oil.
Sick of sports organisations and players trying to influence the way they want me to think. That also applies to government and the media.
The minorities are ruling this country and its never been in a worse state.
by daysofourlives
Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Why is it only 15min extension??

I always thought it was just 30mins

Needs to be 9 down for that i believe, then its a compulsory extension taken out of the Captains and batters hands.
This was requested by the WI captain i believe. I didnt know it was a rule either
by daysofourlives
Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No matter what the result here this has been a great game of test cricket

Spot on.

It’s been a long time since a Windies team has had a red hot go and given a faark.

Watch how quick the T20 leagues come for S.Joseph, wont be playing Test cricket within 2 years.
Hopefully the ICC show some balls, collect cash from the Big 3 and pay every Test cricketer the same, its the only way it survives
by daysofourlives
Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great stuff, havent smiled like that in a long time, well done young man
by daysofourlives
Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I genuinely believe its time to move on from Marnus, the guy is getting squared up by a 120km/hr trundler, it wouldnt get most of us on here out.
by daysofourlives
Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Classic Stoinis

Why do we persist with him when there are so many other options

Mark Howard carrying on that he hasnt had many opportunities Pigs bum hes had plenty and failed, get rid of him

I cant even believe he is in the team. I thought we had moved past him, obviously not.
He is barely BBL standard with the bat, he cant bowl and he's 35 ffs, hes not going to improve
by daysofourlives
Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Didnt see the match so need a report from the following posters :

Armchair Express
Amber Fluid
Days Of Our Lives
Laughy801
The Dark Knight

Your thoughts on the bowling of MHS
Marcus Hercules Stionis
3 overs 2/20
Wickets of King 53 and Hope 16

=P~
When you dont get a wicket in your first 10 overs and they still need 12s, whoever bowls at that point is a very good chance to take wickets
by daysofourlives
Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

@mal
Stoinis batting at the moment in the second T20I, see how he goes this innings hey. ;) His last T20 innings at the Adelaide Oval was a good one.

It was yet more evidence that he is no where near the standard required, cant hit the ball off square, bowlers are too quick for him, his eye has gone.
I swear the selectors think he is 25 and still showing potential. He cant be getting picked on his output
by daysofourlives
Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mal wrote:Hope is Hercs bunny
If Herc gets Hope out with his first ball next game it will he a hatrick against the one player !

Hope is everyones bunny, didnt make any in the ODI's either
by daysofourlives
Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BLCA 2016-17

Hearing on the grapevine that the A3’s might go to all one day cricket next season. At the moment the A4’s and A5’s are gaining teams each season and already have 10 or 11 teams in each grade. Also it’s sounding as though Hamley Bridge will possibly drop down to the A4’s next season

Get rid of Hamley, Long Plains and Truro, they offer nothing, if you cant field a two day team and are never likely to, whats the point. There is clubs close enough to them that they can go and play for.
4s and 5s has been the same amount of teams for quite a few years now. The loss of two day teams was brought about by the association changing the two day grades to 100% two day cricket for 2 years instead of a mix of both. The loss of two day teams has not translated to extra teams in a4 and a5.

Instead of changing A3 to one day cricket which just means we have 3 divisions of one day cricket they should take the two day grades back to 6 teams per grade. Every single year there is two easybeats in A1. The bottom of A2 is also a big gap to the top. It would make for a much more even and cut throat competition across all the grades. 6 in A1, 6 in A2 and the leftovers in A3, currently 11, they should be forcing Long Plains back up to A3 and making it 12, creating a 4th grade of two day cricket.
by daysofourlives
Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024

Alastair Clarkson has been handed a $20,000 fine and a suspended two-game ban (until the end of 2025) for his verbal tirade at St Kilda players last weekend.

Should he repeat, the ban will be enforced. But he is free to coach Rd1

If he's on a mil per year (and it's probably more than that), they've fined him 2% of his salary.

Wet.
Lettuce.
Leaf.

That would have to be the easiest AFL bingo square to get, Clarko abusing someone

Ok so youre on 100k, youre a coach at the local amateur footy match, one of your players get taken out, you have words with the player and the amateur league fines you 2k, all hell would break loose. Thats not a wet lettuce leaf
Give me a spell, what he said is in no way homophobic, its laughable the bow that is being drawn there. Who the hell did it offend, please
by daysofourlives
Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Carey was actually robbed of his ton and not by Pat

Evidently he got an inside edge which flew into his pad and they ran 3 which were called leg byes

Lots speaking about it on the Fox sports cricket page

Thats interesting because Marsh was given a run a few balls after it initially being called a leg Bye. It was a faint inside edge, he was on either 59 or 69 at the time. They just happened to show it because there was a chance NZ were going to review for LBW, they chose not to in the end but the broadcaster showed what wouldve happened if they did.
They should review all leg byes or none and adjust accordingly
by daysofourlives
Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide

Rik E Boy wrote:
Brodlach wrote::roll:

It’s ok to be wrong

He's a spud, and now you can't drop him. It's a clusterfk.

regards,

REB

Apparently his son will be a gun, they've now avoided a Ross Gibbs type disaster. its a huge shackle now removed and he can be treated on merit, never to play another game
by daysofourlives
Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Adelaide Footy League -Division 2

whufc wrote:The Raggies to play in Div12 Ressies Biggest Game #2 this year.

probably the only reason Matt Knight got the coaching gig, its certainly not because of his credentials
by daysofourlives
Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 5

Goodwin, "we've played 3 games in 13 days but im not using that as an excuse"
Every amateur club in Australia plays 3 games in 14 days. Its the worst stat used in footy
by daysofourlives
Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |