Search found 206 matches

Return

Re: EFL Cup

We're going to Wembley!!!
Saints hold off Liverpool then score in injury time on the break to win 1-0, 2-0 overall.
Have not conceded a goal in the League Cup.
by Spargo
Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2017

Word is the red cards were yellow cards infringements at best and a case of umpires being incredibly over officious

Lets hope common sense prevails then.
I believe it did....3 peat is back on :D

Huzzah! :D

Good result for Gullies, Good result for Modbury, good result for football.. from what i saw none of the events were worth players missing games for.
by Sass!
Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

TTG 14.11 ROCS 11.8 Gullies blew Rocs away in first qtr kicking first 6 goals. TTG rucks had a field day winning most hit outs and giving their team mates first use.

Yep that first quarter was sublime.

Spittle, McKays, Hallandal the tackling machine, Melville and Shoey had field days.

Umpiring was the best I have seen in a couple of years. Didn't notice them. Even the decisions the Gully locals under the pergola only had maybe 2-3 reasons to feel aggrieved all day. Don't know the blokes names who did the games so can't mention them but adjudicated a good tough game of footy and let it flow.

Gullies have been underestimated but they are very much the real deal. Good unit who have covered the loss of Hand, Sandery and Cockshell well. Great use of rotations and they are running out games better than the opposition.

Full credit to Justin Maschotta and his team. They will play finals and at this stage there is no ceiling on just how far they can go.
by wristwatcher
Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ATCA

Penfield was a bit of a rable last season when we played them although they did manage some good wins throughout the year.

I wouldn't be putting too much on Woody Rechs to dominate A3 (if they go down), Rosenthal will be a handy inclusion but Duffet well and truly passed it going on last years form against us. And as for Rosenthal choosing Rechs over Districts, there are a few people in the Districts team I would choose not to play with either and their disciplinary record from last season might justify that.

Just my opinions
by get a grip
Wed May 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

thevoice wrote:New coach at PDFCC announced. Tracy Sandery

Who did she play for ? 8)
by No kidding
Wed May 31, 2017 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MRP

HH3 wrote:I hope Clayton Oliver the pastey white dog gets weeks too. F**kin whities!

Toughest kid on the AFL. Not a diver and doesnt want to look like one.
by stan
Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans

This would be incredible

SYDNEY premiership defender Alex Johnson is on the verge of making his long-awaited comeback from five knee reconstructions

The Swans are considering selecting the 25-year-old in its NEAFL side to play Canberra this Saturday.

Johnson has not played a game since March 2014 and not played a senior match since the 2012 AFL Grand Final.

The Swans are being very cautious about declaring if Johnson will return to play in Canberra, conscious that training needs to be completed, with the NEAFL team expected to have a light run on Friday after the senior team trains on Thursday.

AFL.com.au understands the Swans are also contemplating whether it might be better selecting Johnson against Gold Coast in a curtain-raiser to the AFL game the following Saturday.

A final decision as to whether Johnson plays is not expected until Friday at the earliest.

Johnson is still officially on the long-term injury list, with rookie Lewis Melican being upgraded before round five. Melican played against Essendon last Friday night in the Swans' narrow win.

However, the club has lost Darcy Cameron for the season to a shoulder injury which means he could be placed on the long-term injury list.

The defender has been a remarkably resilient presence at the Swans, and his return to the training track in 2016 was an emotional moment for both Johnson and his teammates.

He has undergone more than 10 operations yet kept persisting in an effort to resume his AFL career that is stuck on 45 games.

This tackle on Jaeger O'Meara in 2013 caused another ACL tear for Alex Johnson. Picture: AFL Photos

AFL.com.au understands senior Swans' players are keen to be at Johnson's return game and would make their way to Canberra on Saturday after the Swans play Melbourne in Friday night's blockbuster at the MCG if the decision was made for him to play.

Geelong's Daniel Menzel has made a successful return from four knee reconstructions, kicking 67 goals in the 32 AFL games he has played since his return.
by woodublieve12
Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MRP

You're all reading too much into it. It wss four games from the start regardless of race or religion. MRP f..ked it up and the appeal fixed it.
by MW
Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fairly reliable source that Matt is playing tomorrow and will go through the usual league processes next week. Fair result
by jo172
Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2017

How hard is it to do proper research people. I know this is SA Footy where facts get in the way of a good yarn but a quick look on the website shows he played 6 games for CLG before transferring to CBCOC in June. He then played 3 C grade games followed by 3 B grade games for CBCOC. So comfortably qualified to play finals in B grade but a permit needed for C grade if no open selection.
by Down the Hill
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In awe of what TTG did today re MND and the professionalism and empathy in which it was conducted.

Superb football club.

You want to elaborate for the 99.9% of people who weren't there?

Will do when there's enough sobriety to do them justice

https://www.facebook.com/9NewsAdelaide/videos/1742729326031029/?hc_ref=ARRGrhoCPE2yFeT23SVBTuiiq8whNZclCODerz1P1G8PlSzYb3TJR5TqIxznBG6BxNo
by jo172
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
In A1 Pooraka bowled PAOC out for 160 and were none for not many. I heard an ambulance was called for one of the Pooraka bowlers who was injured, so not sure what happened there.

Slipped a disc picking up a brown paper bag? ;)
by heater31
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Also a massive congratulations to Old Farmer who Friday night was awarded life membership of the Ingle Farm Football Club.

A loyal and fiercely passionate Ingle Farm man, he's put his life on hold over the years for the betterment of the club. From player to committee member, Chairman, Coach, Footy Director, tribunal advocate - he's done it all, and I the club wouldn't be where it is today if he hadn't come back and put the hours and effort in he has over the journey, particularly these last 5 years or so.

From rock bottom, he's helped turn the club around - both on field, and off field, and got it heading in the right direction once more.

Congrats old man.
by The Bedge
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2017/2018

I see Everton's Oumar Niasse is the first player to be suspended for Successful Deception of a Match Official after he dived and won a penalty in the game against Crystal Palace. Well played FA
Good start but with tech available these days it could and should have been dealt with when it happened which might have changed the result. I’m not sure Palace will be celebrating his suspension
by johntheclaret
Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Not saying you should serve up a pitch with this much assistance every Test match but boy oh boy it makes it so more interesting to watch than the bore fest pitches served up by Aussie curators
by jackpot jim
Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard last night that next year 12's and 10's will be playing on shorter turf wickets.
Brighton did it on their no1 ground on the weekend, so bowlers running in on a good length.
Curators nightmare!
by tigerpie
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kilburn need to get into a division with umpires supplied every week. Witnessed the worst ever case of cheating last weekend. Never seen the entire fielding side so worked up over a non decision.
by heater31
Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I still believe a 10 Team Competition is the way forward - 9x2 day games with two weekends set aside (around Xmas) for Triple Headers of T20s - good way for clubs to make $$ through the bar, doesn't compromise clubs especially the strong A1 clubs who have to field two + teams first week back in the new year and just keeps the competition strong.
This would be a great structure. Ten teams with top four plus two relegated keeps it interesting for every team right through to the end of the season.

T20s when the BBL is on and it's flavour of the month would be good too.

Nah, why drop back from 21 weeks to just 18.

The proposal for 8 team comps is FAR better. Play everyone home and away in 7x2-dayers and 7x1-dayers to maintain the 21 weeks cricket.
Also provides a good mix of both 2-day and 1-day games, as over the last 5 seasons there has been a strong push to the 1-day format, lets limit that drain and keep as many teams as possible in the 2-day comp.
Also with 4 of the 8 playing finals, and 2 getting relegated, it keeps all the games relevant.
by Trader
Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Tour of South Africa

Banning them for life is absurd. What they did was wrong and not something that should be accepted in cricket but a life ban seems crazy. Personally i think if the ICC had of made a stronger stance on previous instances of ball tampering this would not have occurred, the ICC must be stronger in it's stance. Similarly with the Rabada situation though they continue to let things go without repercussions which is disappointing.

CA will make a stand and maybe a ban of 3 to 6 months is reasonable because cheating of any sort is not acceptable and in particular in Australia where everyone is proud of how they play there sport in the right manner. It's funny because if this was pakistan or a subcontinent team the players involved would probably receive a small ban and everyone would move on but because it's Australia its a much bigger deal. However I think that is a credit to the Australian culture and how it is expected to play sport in a fair manner. Previous Australian team's were extremely tough and uncompromising but they played in the right manner. This Australian team has proven not to play in the Australian way for a little bit and this should be a line in the sand type of moment to get Australia back to playing the way it should. As an english fan I disliked the Aussie teams of the last few decades just because they were so good but god you had to respect them for how good they were and how they played the game. This Aussie team come across as an entitled bunch of flogs led by the vice captain Warner.

It is rich for all other countries to be slamming Australia when they have ball tampered previously but Australia should hold itself to a higher standard because it is an incredibly proud sporting country.
by batmanbegins
Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Poor decision by the ref:
Soton are desperate for points. Referee gives a free to Everton that never was, then allows them to take it from at least 20 yards further down field, A handful of passes later and Everton score. The implications of Southampton gaining one point or three are huge. The linesman was stood no more than 10 yards away from the incident and did not see a need to raise his flag, yet the referee, who was 30-40 yards away, calls a free.
by johntheclaret
Sun May 06, 2018 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

WE’RE SAFE!!!!!
Full time, Saints 1-0 Swansea
by Spargo
Wed May 09, 2018 7:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

The fact there is so much floating around in div 7 is a joke and will discourage successful higher grade clubs to play in this division !!

because Goodwood and ROCS secretly want to play in D7 but the money being thrown around is ridiculous [emoji38]

I assume you actually mean the C and D grade teams of higher successful clubs. Clubs like SMOSH and Henley have been very successful in this grade over the years.

This is the part I don't understand - why would you want C & D Grade teams in the division? As an A-Grade team how demeaning is that, a club saying you are only worthy of competing against their third team. That would suggest it's demeaning to play C/D grade
by Q.
Wed May 30, 2018 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2018

Presumably not because why would they accept the Henley captains request to conduct a count then award a free kick plus a 50m penalty. Mountain out of a molehill this one. The correct penalty has already been applied and TTG and all clubs for that matter should just get a reminder about making 100% sure when a player should or shouldn't be coming on the ground in the event of blood, stretcher, assisted by trainers etc.

We had some bench staff get in a huff last year about an opposition player leaving the ground injured (assisted by trainers) in the forward pocket only for him to come back on the ground later in the match. Our guys assumed his day was done due to not exiting the ground through the gate. Turns out for the sake of getting the game moving the umpires allowed him to get off the ground at the nearest point and allow a player to come on the ground to replace him. What is wrong with that type of common sense approach rather than the player having to come off through the gate and the umpires having to decide "do we or don't we re-start play until he is off the ground through the gate". In some cases the gate is the nearest exit point but not always.

The "lose your whole score rule" is the most ridiculous rule in the laws of football and many leagues have modified it such as the AdFL. The SANFL Juniors also has a common sense approach in that a team only has its score taken back to what it was at the start of the qtr in which the breach occurred. So only the score they have accumulated in that qtr gets wiped.
by Down the Hill
Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2018

Probably upset a few but Rogic is one of the laziest footballers I have ever seen

Probably some way to explaining despite all the talent in the world he hasn’t been signed by a bigger club than Celtic.
by whufc
Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All games till the end of the group stage to be telecast on SBS now.
by Wedgie
Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:This ref was up the Danes arse before the coin toss

What?
The ref was very good all night.
We simply don’t have enough dare.
Still alive and I still think we will go through
by Jim05
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What a great header by Vertonghan!

Awesome effort by the Japanese, certainly brought a bit of pride to the Asia region.
by Wedgie
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: State of the game

just make ANY punch that isn't in the play automatically intentional and min a week. no matter how slight and whether its to the guts or the head.

would stamp it out quick smart
by bennymacca
Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Jimmy Anderson is and has been a world class bowler for well over a decade.
by carey
Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2018

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Burras wrote:Who ended up getting the medal for BOG?

Troy Menzel. Personally I would have given it to Alex McKay, but that's ok. Great win by Gullies. That's for you John Birkin.

Given everything that TTG has been through the last 24 months an amazing victory which no one can begrudge
by jo172
Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Grand Final - Norwood v North Adelaide

whybother wrote:Get the big red asterisk out. Maybe Norwood can protest on the grounds that they were playing the wrong team.

Dickhead, what and see you kick 7 goals
by locky801
Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2018-19

Although we lost from a position we should not have, the result really highlights how much of a joke the comp is - that a side can finish last and knock out a side who finished 3rd. :roll:
by The Bedge
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CRICKET AUSTRALIA REVIEW

Many pairs of rose colored glasses being worn in here
by Q.
Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 1 - 2019

DOC wrote:Trent Mills.6 flags in 10 years. Was told that the club wanted to go in a new diretion and would not be coaching the next year so he resigned. Was the assistant coach at North Adelaide this year.

Yes they wanted to stack the backlines with 9 players and trent didn't agree
by marbles
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think the ATCA can use discretion and award a draw.
If payneham really have a problem with that then come out and say it.
They'd get slammed!
Its a draw end of story.
by tigerpie
Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Common sense prevails with the game being called off at Payneham today.

Interestingly Payneham entered the scores into mycricket this afternoon as a forfeit by Pooraka.
Thankfully David Heyzer went in and changed it to a draw shortly thereafter.

Fairly poor form from Payneham to try and claim the win.
by Trader
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

I have no idea how handscomb can bat so deep in the crease, I'd be worried about hitting the stumps every ball.
by Armchair expert
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Armchair expert wrote:Unbelievable

Had to be that flog too

Flog is right... Handscomb. Cant play.
by northerner
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2018/2019

Yes Saints!
That ball from Long to Austin for the winner was sublime.
The climb has begun...
by Spargo
Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

First over, bounce already inconsistent.

Can we bat for 2 sessions? That's the key. Bat for 2 more sessions and that pitch is going to turn into a Virat Kohli (A ******* big headed ****)
If Virat was an Aussie we'd be voting him in for PM, we're a fickle lot [emoji38] [emoji38] Rubbish. We lambast Warner for carrying on like a flog, but it's okay when Kohli does it?
by Q.
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:Finch and Marsh x 2 need to do everyone a favour and drop themselves.

And be replaced by who.... a few blokes from third grade?
by Corona Man
Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spurs the first side in Premier League history to go through the first half of the season without a draw!
Well, stats don't come much more meaningless than that.
Not if you bet on the game! Did you take the multi of least amount of draws into not winning a trophy?

You're a shoe in!!! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
by nuggety goodness
Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018-2019 BBL season

Khan is our new number 4
by Armchair expert
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
carey wrote:It’s actually laughable how bad Lehmann is. Absolute disgrace.

Simply must go.

Agree, but who are the options to replace him?

Nugget f**king Rees would be better than this absolute spud.

Disgraceful he gets a game solely on a surname alone
by carey
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Gee there has been some ordinary cricket in this game. Tom Cooper, that was worse than Jake Lehman
Some ordinary umpiring to go with

How on earth did they not give Boyce out LBW. Absolutely plumb

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
by Keefy
Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:The EPL can go and suck a fart after the last few weeks. I just follow Champions League now! :lol:

No shame in losing to a good team...
by Spargo
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dollarphins got the cheque book out again?

I am really interested in what people like you actually think gets paid to players by a club like Grange?
It is so easy to assume big coin given success that has been there in the past.
Where do you think a club that is only cricket and only has access to clubrooms for half the year get this massive amount of money to pay players???
A very small % of players would receive some coin, but I can tell you no more than clubs like Pooraka, Para Hills, Ingle Farm etc would pay.

Your assumption and terminology of Dollarphins is a joke !!
by No kidding
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As we've seen with Harinderjit Singh, got offered $$$ to move to Ingle Farm, played the first 3 rounds, hated their lack of culture , so moved back to Para Hills..
:lol: :lol: More to do with his lack of output, lack of opportunities, that he brought his mates who weren't (at that time) in the best XI, and that we wasn't the most loved person at the club.

potayto, potahto.

his lack of output

Or perhaps just simply a spud! :D
by Trader
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |