Search found 103 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Congratulations beenreal, I honestly can say I think that last line is the best troll I've ever seen on this site and you've beaten some high quality opposition too! :lol:
by Wedgie
Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

GWW wrote:I reckon let cyclists not wear a hamlet if they're prepared to pay 100% medical expenses (instead of Medicare) if they suffer injuries in an accident.

Win/Win for all parties.
by OnSong
Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cfs volunteers
by BoundaryRider84
Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port's Six SANFL Guernsey Designs

I voted for C,E and then A as they weren't as offensive as B, D & E.
by Wedgie
Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 Federal election - Rudd sets date as 7th September

I laughed the the idiot Labor people said it was a slap in the face to Abbott and Newman when there was actually a swing against Labor.
Then again, they've shown they don't understand numbers
by Jimmy_041
Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Since its Power players not good enough I prefer the Power Failures.
by Wedgie
Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Car window sticker

Empty back window with a sticker of paw prints

Caption next to it

'Dam dingo stole my stick figure family'
by whufc
Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Freedom of speech? ... Or a serial pest?

Religion can be handled civilly.
I have a close friend who is a practising Christian, and while we were discussing some social/philosophical issues over coffee the other day he kept stopping to put it into non-religious terms. I appreciated his making the effort to do that, and took the pressure off him by suggesting he could use the religious terms and I'd interpret them more broadly for myself. That made it easier for both of us.

I think a good 80% of religious people are like this. At the same time, I think around the same number of non-believers can understand and accept that others have their own beliefs.

I was primarily brought up in Christian schools, and my lack of beliefs only became a problem when i got to high school. I believe I was treated differently to the others, and the judgemental nature of a lot of the staff and students at this school made me never want to put someone in my position.

My personal opinion is that I think everyone has a right to believe in someone or something, as long as they're respectful of those around them and not hurting others by doing so. I think the Adelaide Street Church violates these two principles, and are essentially (at a stretch, too) a milder, tamer, less organised version of the Westboro Baptist Church.

The latter have basically taken all the readings from The Bible , twisted the meanings and turned them into a hateful, corrupt and evil version of their 'truth'. They even ******* picket soldiers' funerals. Say what you want about America's involvement in foreign wars, but these soldiers go to war in the belief that they're doing so to protect the country they love. It's at this stage where I believe there should be a tangible limit to free speech in the sense that it should not be used to incite intolerance, hatred, fear and prejudice against any class, sexual orientation, race and belief systems. Groups like the Westboro Baptist Church and the Adelaide Street Church are clearly abusing their fundamental right to free speech.

Why can't we all learn to accept one another's beliefs, if they aren't hurting anyone?
by Failed Creation
Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Freedom of speech? ... Or a serial pest?

None of those conservatives will switch sides even if they vote to do the right thing. The fact they tony Abbott is effectively looking her sister in the eye and saying fk you I am better than you is deplorable

I'm glad everything in life is so simple for you, your values never get challenged?

I daresay that Abbott is questioning his views on this issue, given what his sister has confirmed. Whether he changes his stance on the issue remains to be seen.
I think it's bulldust to pretend that it's goodies on one side, baddies on the other, regarding attitudes to gay marriage. Barely twenty years ago the idea was a joke, it wasn't spoken of in the 50's, 60's etc. Are we better Australians than the generations that grew up in those era's? I highly doubt it, but a large body of people seem to think, with a fair degree of moral vanity, that the fashionable, 2014 version is all so superior, and if you dare worry about the traditional family unit your some kind of dinosaur, or far worse. Sometimes, decent people exist on both sides of a debate, believe it or not.
by Ronnie
Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Licenses sold- anchors away.

Port getting caught out doing back room deals created the Crows ...
by dedja
Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2015 ideas

AFL Grand Final idea.

Let actual footy fans attend the game, piss off the pre-match and half time entertainment and sell cheap beer, food and parking for the match.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

bennymacca wrote:I don't know how we do it, but politicians should be more held to account for telling blatant lies.

we vote them out!!!

simple

but then we vote in the Opposition who have previously lied to us

I say we vote Clive Palmer cos he hasn't lied to us as Prime Minister
by mighty_tiger_79
Wed May 14, 2014 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Federal Government proposes a price on carbon.

Even when 97% of climate scientists are saying it is so? But wait, of course, they are conditioned to think that way aren't they!

“I want to pause here and talk about this notion of consensus, and the rise of what has been called consensus science. I regard consensus science as an extremely pernicious development that ought to be stopped cold in its tracks. Historically, the claim of consensus has been the first refuge of scoundrels; it is a way to avoid debate by claiming that the matter is already settled. Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you're being had.

Let's be clear: the work of science has nothing whatever to do with consensus. Consensus is the business of politics. Science, on the contrary, requires only one investigator who happens to be right, which means that he or she has results that are verifiable by reference to the real world. In science consensus is irrelevant. What is relevant is reproducible results. The greatest scientists in history are great precisely because they broke with the consensus.

There is no such thing as consensus science. If it's consensus, it isn't science. If it's science, it isn't consensus. Period.”

― Michael Crichton January 2003
by zedman
Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Israel/Hamas Conflict

This is my basic understanding.

Arabs and Jews did once live together fine in Palestine for a long time (many centuries without many conflicts).

Then Zionism emerged in late 19th century and the Jews wanted to make Israel their own state. Not necessarily those Jews that were already in Palestine. The Zionists looked upon Arabs pretty poorly and the Arabs resented that.

WWI came and by 1917 Britain desperately needed support, so facilitated a Jewish state in Palestine in order to get US and Russia onside, who were both heavily influenced by key Jewish players, as well as the finances that would come with it from the wealthy Jews.

After WWII and the break up of the British Empire, Palestine was divided up and a Jewish State, Israel, formed.

This was the nail in the coffin for the Arabs and they've been fighting ever since. Huge percentages of Arab population were murdered in the years after by Jews.

Palestine doesn't officially have a military, Hamas are the extremists who fight guerilla warfare. Israel, backed by US, have a full blown and powerful military.

You could say Israel are the bullies, but I bet if they stopped fighting the Jews currently occupying Israel would be dead meat.

Look at what the extreme Islam (ISIS) are doing in Syria and Iraq.

It's a lose/lose situation. You can blame religion and imperialism.

Glad we are in Australia! The world is fragile at the moment.
by Aerie
Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

The OBahn tunnel exceeds even the highest levels of stupidity. The redirected traffic around the entry and exit points will create havoc, all to save 3 hundredths of a second on the bus trip.

All this delivered to you at a bargain of $160m

I was having this conversation today as well. Its $160mil, for a project that's not going to save a great deal of time really. Also considering how ****** up the states finances are.

On same note about burning money, I would like to thank the state government for my emergency services levy which has increased 3 fold. But I don't mind paying for emergency services, except when the government includes a nice statement with this bill as to why its increased 3 fold. Basically due a decrease in federal government funding to a range of areas, none actually included emergency services this bill has increased. So basically what this means is that the state government needs cash, we are going to build something we probably don't need, they wont raise another tax because that would be politically bad so they will just hammer the tax they already have and hope well all just accept this.

I guess we could always stop spending as much. Just a thought I guess, I don't really think these things through.
by stan
Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

stan wrote:CFS volunteers not happy with the ESL increase. Not fighting fires.........

I bet it's because the ESL has risen exponentially yet the funding for the CFS has decreased. Tommy Kosimusless thinks the country folk are stupid......
by heater31
Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

RustyCage wrote:No. It's a way of telling him he probably won't play in the AFL again unless we have a few injuries.

I think we all know that Dedja's theory is far more believable.
by Spargo
Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Telstra, Sensis, Whitepages ... and their deceptive and predatory practices
by dedja
Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ha! I was about to reply to the OP with "Well go to Harvey Norman then".

Harvey Norman can be hit and miss. They work on commission but they have a maximum they can earn, so if your lucky to get someone that has earn't their max they are more willing to give you discount.

If you work on the priniciple "there will always be a better deal on offer" and go in with that mindset, they soon realise and give you the best price you can get, especially if you walk away after hearing the offer.
by MW
Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I do not give a flying fig if the eastern league has a dedicated reserves comp or not.

So long as their rubbish sides are out of Our Comp then I'm happy.
by Pseudo
Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

When will hey work out the difference between Teal and Turquoise?
by Wedgie
Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No
don't leave us Jimmy

I don't agree with everything you say but hey, it would be a boring world if we all agreed
by mighty_tiger_79
Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Every party in power breaks promises. Sometimes circumstances change making keeping that promise a bad idea. Sometimes the party had no intention of ever keeping that promise. If it's the party you support, you play it down or try to justify it. If it's the other party, you jump up and down about it.
by RustyCage
Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Every party in power breaks promises. Sometimes circumstances change making keeping that promise a bad idea. Sometimes the party had no intention of ever keeping that promise. If it's the party you support, you play it down or try to justify it. If it's the other party, you jump up and down about it.

I see a lot of that on this forum :)
by Look Good In Leather
Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My point is though, is that I can't think of any other company in the world besides the mafia that says give me money to keep your warranty in check.

It's highway robbery.
by Footy Chick
Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

Sorry misread your initial post.
A couple of media outlets have been saying Essendon directly paid Charters and Alavi which is an outright lie and the judge believed this to be the case.
My point still stands about Dank though, he was given money by the club with strict instructions that all supplements and parts of the program were to be WADA and ASADA complient and not illegal.
Dank needs to be compelled to attend court and reveal what he did after that.
The funny thing is even if Charters and Alavi were forced to go to court they were under no obligation to answer any questions, ASADA has admitted this themselves so what was the point of trying to subpoena them?
Anyway its all done now and the real stuff starts tomorrow, should know more by mid January

Thats a load of crap. The club knew along what was going on and not once did they do anything to stop it. Hird knew exactly what was going because he was the one that asked for it. ASADA isn't going to waste time at this point to chase Dank because they know they will be handing him a lifetime ban after this case is over. Chasing Dank will do nothing he isn't gong to talk and he sure isn't handing any evidence over. In actual fact I think it's in Essendon favour that he doesn't attend.
by kickinit
Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do we need SANFL reserves???

U18's - With the left over league players can play in (Maximum of five and then the rest assigned to an amature club)

So you're saying the SANFL clubs should start treating a Amateur club each with the same disrespect and inflict the same disruption on them that the Cows and Pork did to the SANFL clubs up until 2013?

Leave the ressies alone, the only thing that needs fixing is get rid of the 2 reserves teams in the league comp and increase the salary cap to something that actually reflects the stature of the SANFL competition
by Ian
Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do we need SANFL reserves???

get rid of the afl & go back to the way things were!
by CENTURION
Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dedja wrote:Abbott doing everything possible to ensure he's booted out of the PM chair.

First he reinstates knighthoods, then he awards one to ... Prince Philip ... WTF???

WADH.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422275907.742999.jpg
by RustyCage
Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

I can't believe we're even entertaining talk about this.

Our time zone should just be where Greenwich meant it to be.
by Footy Chick
Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Greyhound Trainers strapping live piglets to lures to "train" their dogs......cruel c*#ts!
by Hefty
Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL club reserves restrictions

Kick 'em out. All problems solved.
by Pseudo
Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3- Port v North Saturday, 12.10

Probably didn't deserve three games, but the tribunal would have felt a message needed to be sent, hence the penalty.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

400 people out of work today.
300 with pathology SA and another 100 with ASC.

The left will blame the right. The right will blame the left. The state will blame the feds. The feds will blame the state and in the end there will be 400 people without jobs that we can add to our 8.2% unemployment.

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Tapatalk
by stan
Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Champion cyclist Rohan Dennis comment this morning....

"Do you know what grinds my gears. When I see cyclists riding 3 or 4 abreast. It's people like you who cause car drivers to hate us"

So true
by Brodlach
Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

If Port had got a player for Monfries, assuming the player would need to be a "like for like" type of player, would that player have played this season? Doubt it otherwise that player would already be on your list.

I don't think it would be fair for Port to be able to replace Monfries with a ruckman, a similar player should have been allowed
by Brodlach
Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Garry Lyon - serious mental health condition.

Dog_ger2 wrote:SA Footy needs better moderators.

I think this is a very well moderated site as the low amount of trolls would indicate.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The problem with Penny Wong is she just might win and the Labor Right couldn't handle that.

I like Albo but don't think he's leadership material. He's an attack dog, Labor's Tony Abbott.

Anyone see Stan Grant's Press Club address? I don't care what party he would represent just give him the keys and make him PM I haven't seen a more powerful & impressive speaker since Keating.

I'm not sure 95% of Australians could handle it
Agree with you on the rest

Why because she's a gay Asian woman? I think most would be comfortable with her now after all this time she's a class act and one of Labor's better performers.

What I expected.....
No, because she's not a class act - far from it
by Jimmy_041
Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Of course you Power people always manage to try and deflect and put your spin on it to always look like the good guys that includes dressing your Reserves side up in B&W and callling them the Magpies. Give the majority on here some credit - we are able to see through the smoke, mirrors and bullshit coming from Alberton as it has happened for years.
by on the rails
Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good news stories

I didn't know where this fitted in so I decided to dedicate a thread for people to post things in their lives that they'd like to share.

As some of you may be aware, my step-son was killed in a road accident in September, it would've been his 21st on Sunday and I spent the day hurting like hell.
I was awoken Monday morning around 5:30am to the news of my 19 year old nephew being involved in a serious car accident and was on life support in the RAH with the likelihood of making it through very slim.
He had severed the main artery in his abdomen and when they discovered this through opening him up and blood pissing out all over the ceiling and walls and he lost around 5 litres of blood as well as other damage.
Three lots of major surgery and having to leave him open they were finally able to close him yesterday afternoon and the surgeons were happy with what they'd done.
I just received news of him waking up and he's talking, I've spent most of the last couple of days with my brother at the hospital providing support and helping him through the rollercoaster of emotions and the feeling of uselessness we get at times like this.
I'm so grateful for the wonderful surgeons and nurses we have at the RAH and so overwhelmed that my nephew has pulled through.
Life is so precious and can be taken away from us so easily, hugs are for free and so is telling our loved ones how much we love them, always seize the opportunity.

Thank you and enjoy your day, I'm a bit of a mess but it's all from being overcome with joy now.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11 - Norwood v Adelaide @ Coopers

Introduction of the AFL teams into the SANFL is the worst thing that has happened to the comp. The evidence keeps mounting
by Reddeer
Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You know you're nearing 40 in Adelaide, when you remembe

Psyber wrote:Though there was that Israeli Army Sergeant - she was nice, but only in Oz for 3 months.

I'll bet you were mos'sad when she left.
by Magellan
Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon

Christ I can't get over the victimhood mentality of the Hird family, clearly now you can see where James gets it from. The guy deserves privacy after his OD but I've got no sympathy for him whatsoever just his poor kids and to a lesser degree his wife who at least has stuck by him. Hird is a self-centred prick to the end. He played a very big role in that drug scandal trying to cheat the system which is why thankfully his name deserves to be mud now but what about all the players lives he at least partially ruined?

Then he has the audacity to try and sue the AFL making everyone pay his costs getting some trip to France paid for him to attend some business course whilst still on full pay, a million dollars a year.

Finally decides it's all too hard I'm going to deprive my kids of a father and leave my loyal wife a widow to bring them up on her own.

Top bloke.
by Gozu
Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Test cricket!

Short forms can just pi$$ off
by Brodlach
Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

Ruben Carter wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Erin Phillips quote "I'm so proud to be a crow"

Let's wait & see if she stays there when PA enter a team :D

Port have a team and shes good enough to play in it.
by DOC
Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |