Search found 624 matches

Return

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

Spargo wrote:
mots02 wrote:Wingards management have put a $1mil price tag on his head :shock:

Over how many years?

each year, minimum 5 year deal!

Logically the Kanga's now table a $10.5mil over 7 years?!
by mots02
Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Season

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:i'd have to look into the history books to see who left after 1874-75 season, but i am sure we may have lost a couple

The Sydney Swans since 1982.

oh, sorta like port adelaide since 1996???

by mots02
Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If we learnt anything yesterday, its that you need to stop showing people your POLEc
Or telling people he's showed others

https://i1.wp.com/gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/George-Costanza-Yelling-I-Was-in-the-Pool-Seinfeld.gif?zoom=1.75&resize=245%2C184&ssl=1
by mots02
Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

UK Fan wrote:
Booney wrote:
stan wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Have you got a copy ???

Because if not
Booney got an invite.

Sure did and I'll make sure I report back on the crowd number. I'm sure little UK will be interested.

I’m sure if it’s a poor turnout it will be due to opposition fans not rocking up

hopefully its at a favourable time slot
by mots02
Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals

Got the dream midfield. Limped into finals. Bombed out again. Got a contract extension.

Hmmmm which other coach does this remind me of?

Got multiple pieces of a puzzle. Made finals. Bombed out. Got a massive contact extension.

Then backed it up with:

Got even more pieces of a puzzle. Was going to finish top 4. Bombed out before the finals to save the heartache. Still sitting on a multi year contract.

In Chris we trust?! :lol:
by mots02
Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

I think they are both outside his value.
4 years at $600k would have got it done at the start of the season. 4 years at $550k prob would have got it done also.
Leave him on the market and this is what happened...
I understand why Port did it though. His feet are make of chalk.
They gambled and lost. Now North have the upper hand in the trade as he can walk to North in the PSD if they don't trade.

:lol: :lol: He won't end up at the PSD. Even if he did, someone else would take him before North. Also, if we offered him 4 years now he would take it. The club doesn't want to & I back them on this one

if his price is ridiculous and his feet are as bad as you say.... maybe he will walk as no one else will touch him?

If his feet were “that bad” Port wouldn’t have offered him 3 more years...

Correct... just having a giggle at Port fans claiming that he has bad feet, isn't worth the money that he's been offered or the length of contract... but he's worth a mid first round or he can get stuffed! lol
by mots02
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL delistings / retirements

Brodlach wrote:Friend in Melbourne reckons he saw Wingard get into John Wordfolds car this morning. Worsfold lives on the same street

Woosha driving an Uber in the off season?
by mots02
Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

Any other ideas how we could decide a winner?.......

Free Kick shoot out?

Which team got the most magarey votes?

Highest finishing position at end of minor round?

Let the 4,000 ravens fans have a vote?

Grog Squad v the Eagles supporters on who sings the club song better/ louder?

Retro Round boxing match - The Weed v Kym Klomp?
by mots02
Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port's mistake was accepting blokes whose club's didn't want them.

Like North have with Polec?
Didn't Port offer Polec a contract?

We did,but if we wanted to keep him we would have upped it, wouldn't we?

This conversation is SA Footy in a nutshell!

Player leaving club A to go to Club B

Supporters of Club A:

"he was never really any good for us anyway - very inconsistent"
" if we wanted to keep him we would have"
" he really wanted to stay but was given $4,000,540,890,000 for 75 years to go to Club B"
" he's not worth what Club B is paying"

Supporters of Club B:

" A great get for us, his best footy is in front of him"
" Can't believe Club A didn't work harder to keep him"
" other clubs offered him more but he chose us because of our great footy program / culture / coach"

:lol:
by mots02
Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final

I don't get why everyone is saying the captain calling for the count is an antiquated rule. There are more eyes on the game and easier to get a message out these days to him. A field umpire isn't going to listen to a runner pestering him.

Because if there are 19 or more on field and that can be proven or is obvious then there are 19 or more on field which should be the end of the story. Why do you need the rigmarole of stopping the game (and in fact it only being a specific player who can request the stoppage) and counting to prove what is already obvious?

Forcing a count gives time for the team in the wrong to get it right before the count can be done, as happened on the weekend.

It was a rule written when the game was completely different to what it is now. The game was slower and in those days the captain probably could have counted the players himself if the ball was stuck down the other end. Nowadays the players are constantly on the move thinking about the play. This makes it harder for the teams themselves to immediately realise there are extra players on field.

Also technology allows this to be dealt with in lots of ways that weren't available back then. Most of the crowd carry a camera.

It should never be an "out" for a team that something didn't happen when it did just because an on field count wasn't done.

I suspect the AFL will look closely at their wordings on this as well.

Refreshing to see a North supporter acknowledge that they actually did something wrong... even if by accident.

Lots of blame on umpires, league officials and the Eagles.

None of this would have happened if North had better communication with or monitoring of Tropiano when he was down in the rooms for treatment
by mots02
Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trade + Draft Period 2018

Hannebery will be a Saint definitely

i feel he was more pushed than choosing to leave on his own accord He's basically saying that as well.
yeah, i felt this before he mentioned it yesterday. i really like Dan and has been super for us but his past 2 seasons have been average. Pretty much since the umpire callled play on when that filthy bulldogs sniper took his legs out in the 2016 GF and hurt his knee... Can't believe that wasn't a free kick

https://cdndata.bigfooty.com/2018/04/484841_1fa809c1da43b94aa3ccaa38c5b40413.GIF
by mots02
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 3 - The Prelims

By the rules of SAFooty I’m pretty sure tonight’s performance means that Richmond must now be labelled chokers and flat track bullies
by mots02
Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Jake Lever,56 games, 0 All Australians, 0 BnF's = two first round picks.

Kenny agrees with your logic and has just revised the asking price to five first round picks

by mots02
Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Came up in my Facebook feed and got me thinking....

Wouldn't this just be called Bingo at Alberton? :-k

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p417x417/42994784_10157790954378272_7974075357366059008_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&oh=fd101516103102fc2c566e0eb4af917f&oe=5C1D1153
by mots02
Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:Gaff stays in perth

For daylight savings, you were supposed to put your clock forward one hour... not back one day :)
by mots02
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

North "We missed out on Martin"

Richmond "We kept Martin"

North "Ok, we'll get the next one"

North "and we made them pay overs so they won't be able to get the next one..... ''insert evil mastermind laugh''

Richmond ''we're pleased to announce the signing of Tom Lynch"
by mots02
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:Apparantley Hawthorn have offer this years first rounder, next years first rounder & Burton for Wingard

That one would be hard to knock back

That would be impossible to knock back. Also sounds like it’s been written by a Port man!
by mots02
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Really more of a #transitclub for players going from their junior club to their AFL club of choice.

Impey >
Trengove >
Young >
Achee >
Austin >
Lobbe >

Pittard >
Polec >
Amon >
Wingard >
Hombsch >
by mots02
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I’d take a AA player and gun like Wingard over Boak, Ebert etc. anyday.

Boak and Ebert aren't as talented as Wingard, no question.

However, if you're talking about giving everything, every minute of every game for the guernsey, the team and the club then Wingard is running a distant third in that race. Boak and Ebert walk off the ground every weekend spent, I can't say the same about Wingard.

Don’t disagree there.
But players with natural talent do need to be cut some slack IMO.

Maybe he has been for long enough and the whispers about senior players being unhappy with him are true.

And yet he is still worth a first rounder + Burton? Or according to some, 2 first rounders and Burton!?

If all of these whispers are true it sounds like he's no longer welcome at Alberton - the Hawks just need to hold their nerve and get him for next to nothing at the end of the trade period.
by mots02
Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:Heard from the horses mouth that Burton playing at Port next year, deal just got done.

You spoke to him?

He spoke to Longmire.
by mots02
Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Grand Final - Norwood v North Adelaide

DVDs Now available at the NAFC reception for those that want to relive one of the the best at days in the history of the game! :D
Also it's the Channel 7 version with ads removed thank christ as the digital pass version was horrific.

Buy 18 and you get one for free.

Don't try and watch that 19th one though - after 3:39 seconds North realise they shouldn't have sent it to you and someone comes in and takes it away.
by mots02
Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My original point was Port haven’t progressed forward in this area as much as the other Clubs have.
Port and Essendon in the early days lead the way but other clubs now take that mantle.
Can you provide more on how you reached this conclusion, or makes you believe this to be the case? Or is this one of those "gut feel" things?

http://thecastlequotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Its-the-vibe-your-honour-The-castle.gif
by mots02
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This afternoon's entertainment is the epic battle of Booney v Amber (who doesn't spill a drop!)

by mots02
Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

heater31 wrote:Get out your brown paper bags Norwood.....Luke Partington cut from West Coast!

The 'Legs don't use paper bags... ;)

by mots02
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

“Congratulations to the Port Adelaide Football Club for continuing to invest in the China game and well done to all the South Australian companies who are leveraging the export opportunities with China that have flowed from this game .”

Such as?

About time some rubber hit the road on this one.

THE Port Adelaide Football Club has been instrumental in facilitating the first visit to South Australia of delegates from the China Chamber of International Commerce.

Around 20 business people from 14 businesses will arrive in Adelaide in late October.

As part of their visit, Port Adelaide will host a business forum at its Alberton headquarters and delegates will visit numerous local businesses including honey and wine producers at Hahndorf and McLaren Vale.

Port Adelaide’s General Manager – Strategic Projects, Tara MacLeod said it was an exciting opportunity to showcase the state’s wares.

“We’re a proudly South Australian club and we want to bring more commercial attention and economic activity to South Australia,” she said.

“This visit demonstrates the power of sport.

“Because of Port Adelaide’s deep engagement with China and the profile that that has brought to this state, we have met many Chinese organisations and businesses and through that we have been able to match them with South Australian businesses and organisations.

“CCOIC have never been to South Australia before, they’ve had delegations to New South Wales and Victoria but because of what Port Adelaide is doing and the profile of the game, we are very pleased to be able to bring CCOIC as an organisation and its delegates to South Australia to create more business pathways.”

Ed Vercoe is the director of McLaren Vale based olive oil sales and packaging business Oleapak which will be visited by delegates.

Oleapak is starting to reap the benefits of Port Adelaide’s China strategy and the networking opportunities it is providing for businesses both in Australia and China.

The business started in 2004 purely providing packaging and storing olive oil, and since 2014 it has been exporting product into China.

“As their palate is westernising they are starting to enjoy the western styles of food and the health benefits of olive oil,” Mr Vercoe said.

“While we had already established some networks in China before we engaged with Port Adelaide, we are now meeting new people and opening new doors as a result.

“It is never wise in business to rest on your laurels and if you’re not always striving for more markets and something better then there will always be someone behind you that will step over you and take those opportunities.

“Having new emerging markets like China and people who are willing to invest or partner in the business is amazing and this visit will help not just us but other local businesses in that space.”

The Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment, David Ridgway was excited with the potential investment in South Australia and in local businesses.

He praised Port Adelaide for making the visit happen.

“It’s a new way of engaging in an international market using sports diplomacy and I think Port Adelaide leads the way in it,” he said.

“This state is open for investment, we want to grow our exports and grow our local jobs so any inbound investment in South Australia, whether it’s investing here or markets for our products back in China is always good news for South Australia.”

;)

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q484/drcranquis/Tumblr%20Gifs/excited_clap_nerd.gif
by mots02
Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL delistings / retirements

Gavin Wanganeen could still be playing but a man has to know his limitations and realize what lies ahead .

If Goddard plays off of scratch, I find it staggering that he is not pursuing the pro-ranks already.

Imagine walking 18 holes with that drip, good lord...

"Sure Brendan, i'd love to play golf with you, sounds like fun"

3 holes in.....

https://media.giphy.com/media/10drUFd0d7vRII/giphy.gif
by mots02
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:Port aren't the only club to do this but am I the only one who cringes at these 'staged behind the scene' marketing videos all sports and clubs now try and potray as exclusive footage.

All clubs do it and I reckon it's great.

Unsurprising =D> :lol: ;)
by mots02
Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:Apparently the power wanna wear the prison bars in 2020 to mark their 150th anniversary.... I am little confused cause if 1997 is 150 years ago, i am well over 300 years of age....

"one club"

they will be wearing them wont they?

in the competition they've been in for 150 years.
by mots02
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

Michael Slater on the ball that got Finch

"That's a forward defence to that ball as an opening batter'

'the more he bats up the top of order the more he'll learn that"....

FFS - any chance he can learn that before he gets picked for Australia?!
by mots02
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why is the likely captain water skiing?

Yeah how dare he have a life! :roll:

I do agree with that, but a month out from the season you’d like to think your potential captain could make a few smarter choices

You'd think that Ollie should refrain from any activities that require balance.... the size of that bonce puts him at an immediate disadvantage!
by mots02
Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'll await the report on the scans to see how bad the damage is but, given he was running yesterday I can't see it being too bad, as in reconstruction bad.

As for him water skiing, he's been doing it since he could walk so from a "risk assessment" point of view it's relatively low risk, he's no novice.

Dr Boon :lol:

https://media.tenor.com/images/9291751b9442c66c8359ac608c98fd4d/tenor.gif
by mots02
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Better to relax, enjoy life and water ski in the day time than to get pent up, , break out and go heavy drinking in the night time.

I can’t water ski so I’m left with little choice...

https://media3.giphy.com/media/l3q2Rof2QT7yAgc0g/giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c4f9bed302f4a426b8112d6
by mots02
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Even if what Jack did was legal it was still a shocking look for simulating drug use. What purpose does snorting this stuff do for you anyway?
Why is it a shocking look?
Thousands of people of both sexes partake in it every year.
Harmless fun, good luck to him

If I have to explain why simulating drug use is a shocking look I think there is no point in me trying.
Are you the President of the Nanny state?
Who cares what he does in the offseason as long as it’s legal

Harmless fun or not, nanny state or not, or if its a 'good look' or not can be debated and each to their own on those.

But.... what cannot be debated is how monumentally stupid it was for Jack to a) do it and b) let it be filmed given the social media scrutiny he found himself under just recently.

Just dumb.
by mots02
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WAFC President

Perhaps not the right time, but, "T he Club is always bigger than the individual "

Not always the easiest pill to swallow, I can vouch for that.

Have followed this a bit on various forums.... and agree with that statement.

BUT - the individual always deserves some respect, particularly when its been earned in the manner it has by Lee.
by mots02
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:Is Cliche’ Kenny still coaching this mob?
Change nothing and nothing changes.

Apparently you get what you deserve
by mots02
Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Couldn't agree more Chad - one club :)

https://www.facebook.com/TheOldDoubleBlues/videos/1134323653371483/

Not sure what that meant mate, I was barracking for Sturt that day too.

Just old mate Chad trotting out the ''You get what you deserve''

One club - one cliche

One club - one cliche

Love it!

Going to steal that mate and use it. :lol:

https://media.giphy.com/media/l2JegcyhXgBw8v1WE/giphy.gif
by mots02
Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

Everyone has a choice whether to watch it or not, but those trying to compare it to mens are never going to be happy, I enjoy it for what it is, competitive footy.

I can't work it out. Either they're watching it to decide it's shit, if so, why watch something if you think it's shit? That's stupid. If they're not watching it and still saying it's shit you're not making an informed opinion and look stupid again.

Me, I've watched a grand total of about 3 minutes of it this year, as such, I can't form an opinion.
I don't watch it and it's ******* shit.

SA Footy Logic
by mots02
Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

we are... We didn't join a new league, or murder another club... We moved...

Brisbane Lions are more Fitzroy Lions and Brisbane Bears then Port Power will ever be the Port Adelaide Magpies

some good examples of clubs who have moved and kept their history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relocatio ... orts_teams

Which football club was murdered?
Port Magpies

IKuG_ZFyRuM
by mots02
Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:Anyway...

Same time tomorrow boys?

Your fishing brings all the boys to the yard =D>

by mots02
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Dutchy wrote:So Wines is the #1 Captain it seems and Jonas #2

Yeah, Wines is more captainer.

Perhaps with Ports maritime heritage they should have gone for this guy as captain?

by mots02
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2018-19

It’s 8/54 I’m number 10 and I’ll get us home! [emoji3]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190314/5d97a42599851e32571d7c86945e7316.jpg

With that sort of flawless technique we can expect him to be hotly pursued by us and it redbacks colours next season. Will bat at 4 in our line up.
by mots02
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2018-19

Lightning McQueen wrote:
mots02 wrote:
With that sort of flawless technique we can expect him to be hotly pursued by us and it redbacks colours next season. Will bat at 4 in our line up.

So you think he'll head West?

He might go west, heading to the redbacks for success makes him the king of wishful thinking though

;)
by mots02
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: wubsy's Sydney Ducks thread!

The term ‘flog’ has been flogged to death
by mots02
Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 4 - Just don't touch anyone

woodublieve12 wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Can’t believe I got talked in to
Going to the Sydney v Melb match on Thursday. :YMSICK:

Great place to watch footy

Except that you have to watch Sydney

by mots02
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry, made the mistake and started to watch the first few mins of the Swans last night

https://media2.giphy.com/media/ZlL9U0DNaOdFK/giphy.gif

What did i miss?

didn't miss a thing. pretty much like the crows since 98, promised a lot but ultimately it was a let down

Not dissimilar to my form in nightclubs since 98 either.
by mots02
Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crows are shite
Jenkins, Murphy, Hartigan are shite
Skills across the comp are shite
Rules are confusing and shite
Umpires are even more shite than usual
Gil says the comp has never been better
Gil is shite

You forgot Tex is shite too

I didn’t have the time or patience to write the full list individually
by mots02
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crows are shite
Jenkins, Murphy, Hartigan are shite
Skills across the comp are shite
Rules are confusing and shite
Umpires are even more shite than usual
Gil says the comp has never been better
Gil is shite
by mots02
Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

saintal wrote:Jenkins lol

what a cripple fight this is.

You know you’re going badly when the saints fans are having a crack! *

* we deserve it all!
by mots02
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |