Search found 22 matches

Return

Re: Rnd 5 - South v Eagles @ Hickinbotham (Sun 4/5)

And you guys got Ronnie's love child with two first names - Nathan Daniel or Daniel Nathan maybe.
I know which 3 I'd rather have. Not forgetting our Jack Oatey medallist either.
Can we expect another spray from your Finance Director at our quarter time huddle this year?
by Eagles Nest
Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5 - South V WWT Eagles Post Match

It's May, it's cold and South lose to the Eagles at Noarlunga. No different to any other season really.
by Eagles Nest
Mon May 05, 2014 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 9 Eagles v Sturt at Maughn Thiem at 2:10 pm

southee wrote:I reckon Sheedy has the Eagles the fittest they have been for along time.

Both Eagles and South are 2 of the fittest sides in the competition IMO.

Do you include Redden in that ?
by Eagles Nest
Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bryce Gibbs

I'd have a bet on that one, if I don't, Bryce will...
by Eagles Nest
Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 SANFL Grand Final North v Eagles

I was also near the original scoreboard at Woodville on Father's Day. Disgraceful behaviour from a group of North Adelaide people that are old enough to know better. They are brand damaging to not only their own club but the SANFL as a whole. It's about time Greg Edwards grew some and addressed this group once and for all.
by Eagles Nest
Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg 2021

Jeff Andrews is available for an immediate start
by Eagles Nest
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R4 Eagles v North Sunday 2.10PM

Don’t know about other people but going back to work on a Tuesday after a long weekend when your Footy team has won a hard fought game is so much easier. Even sweeter when you beat the Cheats fair and square yet again.
by Eagles Nest
Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

And the Menzel brothers to play a blinder
by Eagles Nest
Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5 North v Glenelg Saturday 2.10PM

Will there be a three-peat from the select group of NAFC "supporters" and their unsociable behaviour this week?
The Bearded Wonder and Lollipop Stripes in particular who disgraced themselves last week.
by Eagles Nest
Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5 Port v Eagles Sunday 2.10PM

And the Menzel brothers to play a blinder

If they play, I see another one is injured.

Iirc Troy Menzel was a big reason the eagles came back against north just saying

Very true MJP - Sheedy acknowledged T Menzels efforts in the last quarter when the pressure was on.
Both on the field and south of the scoreboard ....
by Eagles Nest
Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Brendan Dew has pulled the pin at Central.

And Connor McLean.

I think the start of the broom sweeping through the Dogs list.

Geez we had some misses with our key forward recruiting this season......we saw the return/convinced Connor to continue and then the infamous Coff and Hill.

To be honest I thought the start of the broom sweeping began last year when we got rid of the Menzels x 2 and Boyd.
We didn't "get rid of" those 3 players.

The Menzel brothers are enjoying their September action
by Eagles Nest
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whybother wrote:Should this player be asked to pay 30 pieces of silver to rejoin ?

He’ll need to get approval from the Boss first
by Eagles Nest
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mitch Duval and Elliot Dunkin quit the Boods.
So too Tom Murphy and Kieran Lovell after 1 season.
Kaine Stevens and Josh Schiller both retire.

Bayman was on the money with the mass exodus!

Mitch Duval was rumoured to be picked up in AFL draft last year. :shock:

Was not the same player this year with new coach.

Going back to Unley to play under Scott Thompson?

Probably couldn’t relate to a Coach being old enough to be his Grand Father and wants to join a club that plays finals regularly. Happened to Torrens back in the day ~ Roberts to Norwood, Faletic to Port, Sims to North
by Eagles Nest
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Eagles fans.

Are either of the Menzels signed? (not sure what length of contract they had).

I keep hearing Troy is going to TTG but I for one would find that strange given he wishes to coach.

Anyone?

At the Club Champion night it was mentioned by Powelly than Dan was expected to sign on the Monday.
Not sure about Troy though.
by Eagles Nest
Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 SANFL Grand Final WWT Eagles v Glenelg Sunday 3pm

They were selling them at the Royal but were about $130 a carton!

They selling them there still mate? Wedgie
They were a couple of days ago as I overheard one of the staff saying how hard it is to sell at that price.

$140 a Carton actually.
Went to the Royal about a week ago and they only had 6 cartons left, all were the Team cans.
Initial run was 50 cartons I believe and may now be available from the Club.
Even West End will taste good coming out a Back to Back can like that !
by Eagles Nest
Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hope Jack Hayes gets his chance in the AFL. Can't believe he is not on a list. His work as a mobile ruck over the last couple of years adds to his credentials to be capable of being a roaming forward at AFL level who can work up the ground and deliver inside 50 or a key forward who can take a good mark either in a pack or on the lead. Still only 24. Obviously would be a huge loss to the Eagles if he gets listed!

I'd suggest Sheedy knew that this might happen and why we went so hard for Ballenden.
by Eagles Nest
Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2022 Season

North Adelaide Football Club confirms positive COVID-19 case

North Adelaide Football Club can confirm today that one of its men’s league/reserves players has tested positive to COVID-19.

All close contacts of the positive case are currently awaiting results from tests and are isolating.

The player, who is 20 years of age, is in quarantine at home as per SA Health protocols. The Club’s League and Reserves squads trained together on Saturday morning in an outdoor beach session at Henley Beach. All players, coaches and support staff who attended this session have been advised and are getting tested.

It is understood that the player may have contracted the virus late in the week whilst in close contact with a friend who later tested positive. The player started feeling lethargic late on Sunday and immediately went to get tested and isolated, before receiving the positive test result on Monday night.

North Adelaide Chief Executive Officer Craig Burton said the player, who is double vaccinated, currently had mild symptoms. “I want to commend him for the urgency he has demonstrated in getting a test at the first sign of his fatigue, informing our football manager and club doctor and doing everything possible to protect his teammates and our staff,” Burton said.

“As a club we are taking every precaution to ensure the health and wellbeing of our staff and the broader community. Appropriate wellbeing supports have been put in place to support the player, his family and those who are isolating during this period when families are getting together for Christmas.

“Our coaches and players who were either in attendance at the beach session or in contact with the player over the weekend are all getting tested. The clear processes the club and SANFL have in place has ensured that those who need to isolate are isolating.

“Football clubs are a snapshot of society, and these situations are happening more often now that our state has opened up. This highlights the importance of being vaccinated and getting tested as soon as you have any symptoms."

The club will provide a further update on the situation in due course.

Looks like Jarred Allmond got out just in time
by Eagles Nest
Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2022 Season

Hazydog wrote:Still no announcement on how Port and Crows will compile their “supplementary” list? 20 players they need to have nominated isnt it?

They make their own rules up as they go - Alberton and Chris Davies especially
by Eagles Nest
Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And the Eagles like Centrals and every other SANFL team would be under scrutiny from the SANFL. Not the AFL sides I’d assume .
Sorry but you sound like a disgruntled centrals fan complaining about the Eagles .
Silly question did you think the same thing when centrals won all those flags ?
Perhaps those days are why every club now are watched not to go over the cap . And iirc the eagles in the old days went over once after that they never went over again .

Seems like a fair point, an ex AFL marquee player who has openly stated that he wants to get back into the AFL is joining an SANFL team to try and fulfil that ambition. Half way through the season, unless the Eagles have been frugal with their salary management you wouldn't expect there to be much left in the kitty. So either Cam is playing for peanuts, or the Eagles have found room within the salary cap.

Perhaps losing 3 players late to the AFL drafts freed up some salary cap?
Maybe some clubs attract talent due to the opportunity to better themselves and advance their careers, and not just chase money like some of the Mercenary's. And maybe even win a premiership or 2.
by Eagles Nest
Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brad Gotch

Big Phil wrote:
wedgetail wrote:Heath Younie to coach Bays?????

That is what I have heard.

Only if the players endorse him
by Eagles Nest
Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CDFC 2023

Troy has re-signed with the Eagles for 2024.
Played in the Reserves Prelim on Saturday so he's served his 2 game suspension from the last minor round game
by Eagles Nest
Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2024 Trial Games

ferret wrote:Gasper and Pudney looked good,

Pudney hasn't changed, did his usual 9 iron & sand wedge shots and then chased his tail. No loss at all.

Yes, and still very good at kicking it to the opposition
by Eagles Nest
Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |