Search found 138 matches

Return

Re: 2021 SANFL Ladder Predictions

Why just name one of our sponsors Groucho?

Why not? On the front of our guernsey it says PETER PAGE HYUNDAI in extremely large letters that obliterates the design of our jumper, it doesn't say Central District.

The club bent over for a few pieces (maybe quite a few) of silver and totally ruined our guernsey in the process.

The sponsor sign has been getting larger every year since 2017 and completely overwhelms and dominates the jumper. I expect the name to be even bigger next season.

That's why.
It's never said Central District,
the colour of the guernsey shows which team we are,
if you think we don't need the sponsor's money, why don't you chip in $50,000 per annum.
You're a flamin' goose, Ailsa!
I think he meant in a visual and not literal sense Gazza.

That said, in the context of SANFL guernseys in the main, I think your original question does essentially remain unanswered though.
by StrayDog
Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 Port v Centrals Saturday 1410

gazzamagoo wrote:
Groucho wrote:Congratulations Doc you are now on my Official Hate List along with Goddy11 and Broadlach. I'm disappointed in you locky801 and StrayDog and also BulldogProu and Saintal for liking these peoples abuse of me.

Don't I get a mention too?

Attention slut. 8)
by StrayDog
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

"REIGNING club champion James Boyd has quit Central District.

The 32-year-old midfield ball-magnet, who last year became the first player in SANFL history to win best and fairests at three clubs, has walked out on the Dogs just days after being left out of their Round 1 side against North Adelaide.

“It’s been a tough few days and what’s happened hasn’t sat all that well with me, because it’s all come as a bit of a shock,’’ Boyd said.

“I felt I had a reasonable year last year and was looking to build on that while helping some of our young midfielders develop, but what’s happened is out of my control.

“I guess I can’t complain too much because I’ve been lucky enough to have clubs want me over the years.

“I’ve been fortunate to have achieved some things and be part of a premiership side (in 2010), and not everyone gets to do that.

“That’s my proudest moment, and to be able to share that with my family — who have been on a fair rollercoaster with me — was pretty special.’’

Glad to hear Thommo is going to do things his way...…As a premiership teammate of Boyd it would have been easy for Thommo to give him 'special' treatment. That obviously wasn't the case.

That article fills me with some hope for the future.

Round 1 and trial game form suggests Thomas is on the right track. As good as Boyd is , he does not fit into future plans. The same applied to him at the Eagles. Sheedy at the Eagles is on a similar track with Chris Hall. Chris would make most teams but will only be holding a young player back at the Eagles. I wish both players the best
Looking back at the post match on-field interview with Boyd after that ripper 2010 decider between two closely matched adversaries, it's hard (for me, at least) to believe that he hasn't been part of more premiership sides.

NB: I've given your post a 'like', as I'm sure I'm one of several people on here that appreciated this post for the content you chose not to respond to, but could have, at least as much as much as what you did. I trust the site Admin / Moderation team are among them.

Enough said.
by StrayDog
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The death of the Port Adelaide Magpies

The other week I got in trouble on Facebook (nothing new) for saying Port don’t have the magpie on their jumper .
The persons page I wrote that on is a great guy . But one of his buddies got upset . Went off they are still the magpies media calls them magpies . So to him they are the magpies , mind you half or more of their fans wear power gear .
Anyway this guys picture had him in the prison bars I pointed out it didn’t have the magpie logo on the jumper . He wanted his mate to block me .
I know it’s port Adelaide but I guess the wharfies can’t see the logo is gone .
Those that know me know I used to be married into a port family lived in the port heartland.
My kids followed me thankfully not port fans that’s surprised their cousins lol .
Anyway those that know me know my surname and with that surname not being a port fan gets me really strange looks from port people .
I won’t say my surname but I’d love some royalties from Port lol
Ah, the mainstream media says it, so it must be so - nothing, of course, to do with commercial aesthetics and marketability. :D

A truly ground breaking concept for that platform I realise, but the Farcebook "buddy" needs to improve both his standards for information acceptance and his critical thinking skills.
by StrayDog
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The death of the Port Adelaide Magpies

The other week I got in trouble on Facebook (nothing new) for saying Port don’t have the magpie on their jumper .
The persons page I wrote that on is a great guy . But one of his buddies got upset . Went off they are still the magpies media calls them magpies . So to him they are the magpies , mind you half or more of their fans wear power gear .
Anyway this guys picture had him in the prison bars I pointed out it didn’t have the magpie logo on the jumper . He wanted his mate to block me .
I know it’s port Adelaide but I guess the wharfies can’t see the logo is gone .
Those that know me know I used to be married into a port family lived in the port heartland.
My kids followed me thankfully not port fans that’s surprised their cousins lol .
Anyway those that know me know my surname and with that surname not being a port fan gets me really strange looks from port people .
I won’t say my surname but I’d love some royalties from Port lol
Ah, the mainstream media says it, so it must be so - nothing, of course, to do with commercial aesthetics and marketability. :D

A truly ground breaking concept for that platform I realise, but the Farcebook "buddy" needs to improve both his standards for information acceptance and his critical thinking skills.
He’s not my Facebook buddy haven’t seen anything by him since
Yes, Micky.

That's why I said "the" , in the context of the only "buddy" mentioned in your post, not "your" .

Play on.
by StrayDog
Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 Centrals v Glenelg Saturday 2.10PM

As posted earlier, any win at Elizabeth is a good win. When was the last time we won 3 straight out there?
Last run of two or more on the trot out here was '83, '84, '85, '86 (2, 28, 2 and 4 points respectively) . Since then Glenelg's record out here has been six from 35.

Previous and only run before that was '64, '66 and '67 (41, 16 and 36 points) The other seven have all been singles. '69, '71, '73, '76, '90, '92 and '08.
17* wins in total from 52 games. FWIW, pretty close to the average success rate for away sides here against Centrals historically.

42 points was actually the lowest score Centrals have scored against Glenelg at home, previous record being 46 points in 1964.

76 points also Glenelg's lowest winning score at Elizabeth, previous low was 82 points in 1966.

For the first time ever, Glenelg's consecutive wins at Elizabeth have all been over 30 points and totalled over 100 points (currently 49, 33 and 34 = 116. Previous best 93 points)

FWIW, the last time Glenelg held Centrals to 50 points or under out here was 2010. Good thing for us is that your guys got half that. :D
Miserable wet blowy day that was, I smelt like a mouldy hessian sack by the end of it. Still, the win and a hug from a player's mum more than made up for it. 8)

* I think Glenelg played the Maggies out here circa 1970, not sure what the result was as my source's server has crapped out.

https://australianfootball.com

Edit:- Thanks to RB and Spargo for that Glenelg v Port info below.
by StrayDog
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R4 Centrals v Adelaide 2.10Pm Saturday

In fairness, the side these blokes ** saw might not have had a two metre, 90 kilo, freshly dropped fringe AFL ruck-forward, trying to impress for senior regularity with his new AFL club, putting in a best on ground performance for their Reserves with 12 marks (nine contested) in 19 touches for seven goals.

Just a guess.

** MJP1993 and Mr Fuller

I’ll put my hand up no Frampton last week . However our biggest tallest ruckman played seconds footy . Somehow the smaller ruck was able to be like an extra midfielder. Or the Eagles got the ball out of centre easy . But no Frampton he used to destroy the eagles when he played for port .
I wasn't having a go at you blokes, far from it. You can only go with what you know at the time. :)

Play on.
by StrayDog
Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R4 Centrals v Adelaide 2.10Pm Saturday

gazzamagoo wrote:Positives,
we didn't give in, even with the injuries we still kicked 12 goals & now have a young, fit forward who can kick goals.

Yep. The fight is there, Aiden just a goal off the leader, and Elvis with 105 disposals to date.
by StrayDog
Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5 West v Centrals Saturday 2.10PM

Spargo wrote:Wonder how Jeff Andrews is currently feeling...

Glad he isn't winless after the first five rounds for two years running, perhaps?
by StrayDog
Sat May 01, 2021 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 3.05 PM

Worst decision of the year
Run too far? Agreed.
I realise it was pitifully dark for a quarter of league footy but, I must say, in my decades of following this sport I can't remember ever seeing such a quick call on a player running into goal on a comparable length of real-estate.

The lads went into the last quarter like they had nothing to lose and that would have been the third goal on the trot, put them within three goals with the momentum and twenty minutes to play. Norwood did what any good side would have done, saw the heads drop in disbelief and made their opponents pay on the scoreboard.
by StrayDog
Sat May 08, 2021 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R6 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 3.05 PM

JK wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:You must be going ok if Grigg can play reserves

Got a lot going on in his life and not as young these days, not the same player as the Magarey/JO version

Still, never easy to drop a crowd favourite and former champ, even if it is for team discipline reasons, so kudos to your club for that.
by StrayDog
Sat May 08, 2021 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

Port getting screwed early in the 3rd.

Am I really commenting on an eastern league match? And why in the SANFL thread????

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Well, yeah, but in fairness he's had enough muppets trolling his Pure Ladder thread over the years so it probably fair to cut him a bit of slack from time to time. ;)
by StrayDog
Sat May 15, 2021 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R7 Sturt v Centrals Saturday 1310

Anyway, back on topic.

The frantic last quarter being the most productive for both sides.*

Even by outscoring their first three quarters, the home side unable to bridge the 28 point 3/4 time gap.

'Dogs fans on here, despite recognising areas where the team structure need addressing as they've seen it, seem to have also recognised the effort and focus of the playing group even in games where the boys have ended up on the wrong side of the ledger. Very pleased that this effort has finally been rewarded on the Table despite "constant negativity" of the supporter group. Apparently.

Onward and upward. :)

*Edit: In Centrals' case, equally most productive.
by StrayDog
Sat May 22, 2021 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R8 Port v West Saturday 1435

Alex, we should probably move this discussion to another thread but I don't know how to that. No doubt average attendances at Alberton are still far better than Noarlunga, but the gap is narrowing. The fact that your own supporters didn't know you were playing at home this week is evidence of the diminished place the Mapgies hold in their thinking. Of the 'Big 4', Glenelg and Sturt are now consistently the crowd-drawers. I make this observation by feel, not solid stats. What are your thoughts?

I agree with you, that's why it was a genuine question. South have always been the strugglers so wondering if things had fallen to that level yet. It would not have surprised me. Nothing against South, definitely (probably like most people) the team I support 2nd. The Power-Magpies merger damaged the Magpies brand in order to help the Power. It is what it is, I have learned to live with it and still go. Clearly the droves of fans who no longer attend Magpies games have not accepted it and are the majority..

With all due respect, what a load of shit.
Yeah, "support" is probably too broad a term, but I'm sure there'll be plenty of smiles from supporters of other clubs when South finally do win another flag. :)
by StrayDog
Fri May 28, 2021 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

whybother wrote:We can but hope. Any volunteers for a sacrifice to the footy gods?

I'd say you're shit out of luck on this forum if you're needing virgins. :)
by StrayDog
Sat May 29, 2021 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R9 Centrals v Eagles Saturday 1410

Comments from Central supporters are becoming to factual and focusing on the game. I miss the cutting edge comments from Groucho like the placement of the major sponsor on the guernsey. There should be a push to get him back with real issues that matter. :)
Well, a couple of Centrals supporters anyway. Not limited to our ranks either, then or now, just quietly. ;)

Groucho's in a better place now, he has a lady in his life & he's a happier man.

What lady ever made a man happier in the long run?
My missus, for one. Just sayin'.
by StrayDog
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R10 Eagles v Port Saturday 1435

Yep 1435. We had to move the games from 1420 to 1410 but now play them later.

14:35 starts are ridiculous in mid June. Sunset is at 5:11 p.m.
This game will probably finish about 20 minutes before sunset.
It will be quite dark and cold by then.

I said similar on the Eagles nest forum it’s the channel 7 game not sure how dark it will get on the TV but why complain nothing will change
Compared to relative sunsets, this game should finish only about 15 minutes earlier than CD vs Norwood about a month ago. Looking at 7Plus, the broadcast quality cameras made the visibility look notably better than it actually was without the lights in that last quarter.
by StrayDog
Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R10 Eagles v Port Saturday 1435

MJP1993 wrote:As a Eagles fan was great to see the Eagles win and get their game going well
Port fans not sure what’s up with them moaning our only beating our seconds side and then moaning about the eagles club song sore losers I guess

Hehe. Really? :lol: ;)
by StrayDog
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R12 Eagles v Glenelg Sunday 1335

I can't remember the last time a team dominated this much. Would be the biggest choke of all time if Glenelg didn't win the flag from here.
Bays in the box seat for the flag, staved off their biggest threat in a tough match. Will be hard to toss* from here.

If we're having a serious discussion about premiership chokes, then Sturt 1978 has to be at the top of the list.

yeah but they were robbed by des foster
Robbed by the goal posts, more like. The flippin' things wouldn't stay still for 'em. #-o
by StrayDog
Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13 West v North Saturday 1.10

A disappointing list of names from Westies, can't do much with them, apart from Boyle bursting out of the centre. Dunkin (Donughts) will be throwing his weight around.... over to Magellan
Gore is a bloody good player. Cleeland was once considered a natural in the reserves up past Belair. Dunkin plays well in the wet, will hope for some rain. Beech out with a hammy? I think he's just a bit tide, whilst the coach has set a very high bar for Taverner.

Westies' under 18s side provides some fun - reportedly the Demons have scouted Satanack, and Midwinter will hit peak from in about a month. I predict Burbridge will keep his spot in the side for a while, but will eventually be replaced by Donald-Bradman. Lemmey will be looking for a career as a groundsman given he's quite an ace with a spade.
You're a tough act to follow. :D
by StrayDog
Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14 North v Centrals Saturday 1410.

Disappointed with the result, feels like the guys have put the cue in the rack for 2021, clearly weren’t up for the game to concede 9 in the first.

Got to be honest, was hoping to see more improvement than we have this year under Thommo.

North doing great from the mid north region, first the Coombe boys, McInerney and now Wilsdon.
Five of those in time on, followed by three inside a four minute gap close to the half way mark of the second, and there's your margin.

Short bursts of concentration drop, or where opponents have quickly and efficiently exploited deficiencies and put games on ice, have been the bane of recent seasons. One positive at least is that 2.1 was the 'Dogs worst quarter, even though we were getting our pants dropped at the other end. That is to say, no goal-less terms.

Aiden, Connor and Marcus with 4, 3 and 2 straight respectively out of 13.5, a total which itself is a huge improvement in terms of accuracy over recent weeks. This sort of accuracy might have seen a couple more wins on the board this season, including last week against the Power, and much more competitive in a number of others this year, such as games at Noarlunga and, especially, Richmond.

Coulda, shoulda. Didn't.

I'm looking forward to next week against a determined Sturt side.
by StrayDog
Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial matches

Spot the club who doesn’t have its own fan forum… still!
Centrals had one some time ago. What happened to it?

The guy that ran it dropped off the face of the earth by all accounts and I got the impression in this day and age of political correctness etc they the club viewed it as one less headache to worry about. Could be wrong- just my take.

Yeah tend to agree

It dropped off around the time our performances did so the critism on there was at a high point.

Once gone I think the club felt it was causing more a hassle and putting them, coaches, players under more pressure.

The "guy that ran it" started the 'cdfc.info' forum privately in the early 2000s and the CDFC soon tied it to the main official Club website, superceding the old official 'Dreambook' format forum. The founder continued on as forum co-admin, and handed the reins fully to the administrator of the main CDFC webite in 2013.

The moderation team, myself included, continued on until its eventual close years later. I remember the page appearing to develop some sort of fault circa 2018 that never got resolved, but you're not alone in thinking the incentive to keep it up and running had faded by this stage. I suspect that the writing was on the wall with the pending flavourless homogeny of SANFL Club websites, as opposed to its close being due to a "high point" of public criticism of fading unfield performance on its official site. Criticism on there was plentiful even in its early years.

Whatever the reason, it is a shame, particularly in light of some largely unchallenged negative or uninformed 'opinions' elsewhere since. That and the relative SANFL disinterest found elsewhere, by no means just CDFC related. Can't put my finger on the cause of that though, I'm sure it will come to me from deep in my mind's 'reserves'.

Here's the last archived page I could find in The Wayback Machine:- https://web.archive.org/web/20180514194108/http://cdfc.com.au/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

FWIW, from the CDFC's old 'Dreambook' format was up and running before 2000, to 'cdfc.info' , the CDFC had the cojones to put its name against, and trust in without censure or interference in the outright main, a forum that loudly spoke its mind at times in a more passionate period of SANFL. Including criticism of the team and Club itself on plenty of occasions when other clubs' fora were (still are??) essentially supporter (or SAFooty) driven and at arms length from the clubs.

I'm pretty sure there's nothing to stop a supporter that is savvy, motivated and time rich enough starting an unofficial forum of their own. I've thought about it over the years, but I'd be there with bells on if another supporter did.
by StrayDog
Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 Central v West Adelaide

Fair comeback. From what I’ve seen of the season so far I can’t see either of those two bothering too many others this year but it’s a funny game at times

Harsh.. we’re a genuine 6th to 8th… West Port and your mob certainly not setting the world on fire as yet..
Well, he did say "too many" . :D

It's been mentioned a few times on here (Gazza :D ) but knocking over three figures has been a real issue for our blokes, a quick peak tells me it hasn't happened since 2018. I'm confident that we won't have to wait too much longer, just need to cut out some of the front half pssfrtng around that we saw in the first half yesterday. Glenelg from last year would have us on toast well before half time.

Be pushing 20 goals every three or four weeks and we're a regular finals contender.

West had few answers when our blokes started putting real pressure on the goalsquare from centre and backline clearances. West perhaps their own worst enemies when they can dominate the tackle and handball count, and the overall defensive rebounds, but still go from a firmish lead to a garden variety sized loss as yesterday. They looked well and truly spent in the last quarter, it was just a matter of the 'Dogs finishing the job.

Trav Schiller would have 5 MM votes banked from the opening two games; back to 2019 form.
Launer Reeves and Beuchner are settling very nicely whilst McCormack is a great pickup... 20 possessions on top of his ruckwork is very handy.
Yep, all will give opposition sides a few headaches before the season is out, Trav barely put a foot wrong yesterday, his enthusiam and work effort will inspire the newcomers. We can't overlook Elvis's rebound efforts either IMO.

Billy Mac reminding me a bit of Buckets in terms of his tap work and round the ground presence. I'm more than happy for opponents to under-rate this bloke.
by StrayDog
Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: retirements and upcoming signings

gazzamagoo wrote:I can confirm that Jamie Coff has returned to the CDFC.

Was he Far?
by StrayDog
Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2023 season

And with that - the last of the manual time clocks are gone I presume?
Sadly yes, massive OHS issue apparently. Would’ve collapsed if one more person leaned on it. I wanted to buy it (along with many others) but the club is restoring it I heard & working out where to display it in the club.

Display it somewhere in the ground with the record SANFL league match score permanently on it.
Sorry, mate. I meant the time clock. I reckon the old scoreboard’s long gone (but a bloody good idea).
With an accompanying video of MacFarlane's last two shots. :D
by StrayDog
Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 Sturt v Central District

Amazing series of results today.
Sturt won the league by 3 points.
Central won the Ressies by 2 points.
Sturt won the U18 by 3 points.
Central won the U16 by 42 points after losing to Sturt by 80 points last week.

And Central girls won by 1 point!
They're sitting 2nd as well, nine games in.

Early days but also 2nd in the Bs, top in the 18s.
by StrayDog
Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFLW Season 2023

Sure is a good turnout. Been well off before but looks like about 3500 to me.
well done Dogs, looked a really good crowd there, makes you think how good some finals at local grounds would be
I was close after all. :)

...(South) were gallant in defeat and their captain an incredibly classy speech in the post-game presentations, acknowledging the journey Centrals have been on in the SANFLW. She is a credit to her club.
Hear hear.

Brianna (nee Wedding) Cleggett. To miss out on the prize by a bee's whisker and be as humble, stoic and generous as she was. Her speech was an honour to witness.

Well done to Shelby Smith, Best on Ground. She was right, we do have the best supporters, there in clamorous hordes.

Awesome atmosphere, great game by two deserving sides, either would have been fitting winners.

To the CDFC ladies, thanks for giving this long time 'Dogs fan a day at the footy I'll never forget. Club history. Congratulations, enjoy the moment, you've all earned it.

Shout out to the vocal end to enders and Charlotte Riggs fan club. :D
by StrayDog
Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD 17 DOGS VS NORTH PROSPECT OVAL SAT 19TH AUG 2:10PM

StrayDog wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Cocks by 6 to 8 inches.

:lol:

Only a couple of inches in it.

Short and thick did the trick. :D
by StrayDog
Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2023 season

gazzamagoo wrote:
another grub wrote:such a disappointing season for the roosters. they haven't looked threatening all season. give the dogs a crack

Give us nothing, we will earn the spot in the 5.

Exactly. The last thing the SANFL Finals Series needs is any more teams that have no business being there.
by StrayDog
Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 Glenelg v South

looks like it is up to the gfc to stop an afl side from going top...................again!
Yeah, maybe.

But then, I suppose, if a family votes on majority to leave their parrot out of its cage, those in favour shouldn't boast too much about being the ones left to clean out the poopies in the front room. ;)

Play on.
by StrayDog
Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Elimination Final - Central District v Powerserves

"Central’s Brinn Little has been offered a $125 fine and reprimand with an early guilty plea for engaging in rough conduct with Port’s Tom Scully at X Convenience Oval on Saturday.

Brinn Little (Central) – Rough Conduct (Dangerous Tackle)

Conduct: Careless

Impact: Low

Base Sanction: 1 match

Early Guilty Plea: $125 fine and reprimand

"Central’s Zac Buechner has been offered a reprimand for striking Port’s Tom Scully at X Convenience Oval on Saturday.

Charge: Striking

Finding: This is deemed as a low-level offence.

Penalty: Reprimand "

https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/round-18-sanfl-match-review-panel-5/
by StrayDog
Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

Sproules defection is really sad for all of us who love SANFL. 25yo force in our comp, and he heads off to a lesser comp.

Lesser. Ha.

A competition where the football played is at a much lower standard than the SANFL.
I can’t believe you bit.
Slowing down in his old age, like alot of us. ;) :D
by StrayDog
Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would think it needs to be 21 game season
Home-away-neutral

Would you play a game each year at a country ground?

How would you make that work.

Would you have 2 rounds (1 home game each team) that are specifically country rounds or would just stipulate to each club they must hold one home game at a country venue and then each club could decide which round/game that would be.
Maybe clubs could host neutral game / home game double headers on a rotating basis instead, perhaps :?:
by StrayDog
Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

you lot are a little strange...
For how many years you are pushing Port and Crows out of the SANFL
As soon as it looks like happening..."how will they afford it?" "SANFL have a binding contract for $400k per year" etc etc
:lol: which one do you want?

Both!!!!! We dont want them to get out of paying the $$$$$ they owe us

Pay US. so they owe you money do they.
Using the pronouns such as 'we' in the context of allegiance is nothing unusual.

When someone on here says "I think we 'll beat you this week", most people that weren't born with cranio-rectal issues understand that the author is most likely talking about respectively supported teams. Personally, I try not to use these pronouns in this context, but that's just me.

Regardless, unpaid debts having flow-on effects to a broader communal 'we' is hardly an abstract notion.
by StrayDog
Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Last GF we played against Norf on Adelaide Oval, we won.

Dogs have never played a GF on Adelaide Oval.

How's the serenity 8)

But we've won 9, since 1964. :D :D

We've won 1 since September ;)

:shock: :lol:
by StrayDog
Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2024

After much deliberation the SANFL has accepted the AFL’s new guidelines for a minimum 21 day return to play protocol.

AFL and AFLW listed players featuring in the SANFL will still abide by the 12 day protocols.

sAnFL.
Popcorn ready!!!
Dismissed pretty cheaply in the last dig...

PO rt p O wer
;)
Play on.
by StrayDog
Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 2 Dogs v Crows @ Elizabeth Sat 2:30

Fantastic result for the Dogs after weathering the Crows first quarter.

Dogs have now won 5 of the last 6.

Cant remember the last time they started a season 2-0, and every chance to go 3-0 next week.
2010. Went on to start 3-0.

R1 - Port (ie, the Magpies) at home by 11 points
R2 - Bye
R3 - West at home, 27 points
R4 - Glenelg at Glenelg, 10 points

R5 - Lost at Unley

FWIW, started 7-0 in 2009.
by StrayDog
Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 2 Dogs v Crows @ Elizabeth Sat 2:30

Almost full points over the five grades over the weekend, only pinching a draw in the Dewies. :)
by StrayDog
Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |