Search found 138 matches

Return

Re: Live scores - Finals Week 2

By current standards it wasn't a bad crowd yesterday. It was on a par with 2010 and 2014 and just less than 2009. It was certainly much better than crowds for other semi finals of the last 10 years.

2008 / Sturt vs Norwood & Central District vs Glenelg / Adelaide Oval / 22568

2009 / Sturt vs Eagles & Central District vs Glenelg / Football Park / 14207

2010 / Eagles vs Glenelg & Central District vs Norwood / Football Park / 13162

2011 / Eagles vs South Adelaide & Central District vs Norwood / Football Park / 11443

2012 / North Adelaide vs Central District & Norwood vs West Adelaide / Football Park / 10284

2013 / North Adelaide vs Eagles & Norwood vs West Adelaide / Football Park / 9248

2014 / South Adelaide vs Sturt & Norwood vs Power Reserves / Adelaide Oval / 13431

2015 / Central District vs Power Reserves & Eagles vs West Adelaide / Adelaide Oval / 9247

2016 / Ravens vs South Adelaide & Eagles vs Sturt / Adelaide Oval / 9029

2017 / Sturt vs Central District & Power Reserves vs Eagles / Adelaide Oval / 9029

https://australianfootball.com/leagues/every_final/SANFL/107/Premiership+season/3?season_from=2008&season_to=2018&round=all&club1=All&club2=All&ground=All&limit=1000

I think I've collated that correctly, but can't vouch for the accuracy of the figures
by StrayDog
Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL mid-season draft

Accept it, one day you might realise why the SANFL always do what the AFL tells them. SIMPLE REASON MONEY. Do what youre told or lose funding. Afl dictates to SANFL, SANFL dictates to it's clubs. Its never changing. Be lucky if 2 or 3 players a year get drafted so AFL won't think its a problem.
On that, FWIW, I don't think there's any coincidence that the local show has been overseen by an ex politician and a career salesman for the last five years or so.
by StrayDog
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Grand Final - Norwood v Woodville West Torrens

Dogs64 wrote:
RB wrote:I think all the bendover clubs should be disqualified and South Adelaide and Centrals should play in the GF.

Damn, can't like twice.

All fixed. 8)
by StrayDog
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

Through a friend that was listening to the ABC this morning, I heard that the Eagles only became aware of the extra man when C7 alerted them to it. Can anyone confirm this? Not sure if it's already been mentioned.

100% not true
Thanks HBF.
Both 7 and 9 News speaking to ABC 'Boundary Rider' Michael Maney, who has confirmed speaking to the stewards at the time. The Eagles, supposedly, having no idea about the extra player at that stage.

I'll open myself up to criticism here. FWIW, I'd prefer that, unless they're called upon by the League to assist in any way, the media just stick to covering the game and leave it to the clubs and league officials to manage real-time on-field matters.**

Just my view.

**Edit - unless someone's safety is an issue, of course.
by StrayDog
Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Advertiser SANFL Team of the Year

Sorry JK, I wasn't having a go if that's what it seemed like.

Leading possession winner in the SANFL on the bench?
I must admit I was a bit surprised not to see Trav in the starting 18, considering he polled in the Magarey for half the season for seven (I think) BOGs, and dipped out by only two votes to a very deserving winner.
by StrayDog
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Grand Final - Norwood v North Adelaide

Forecast for Sunday as at 4:10 pm CST on Thursday 20 September 2018.

Minimum - 10
Maximum - Yep, you guessed it.

http://www.bom.gov.au/sa/forecasts/adelaide.shtml
by StrayDog
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 AFL mid season draft

Wow! What a strong response from the S.A.N.F.L to the mid season AFL draft. They have sent the AFL a letter. Man, that should really put them in their place. :roll:

Why am I underwhelmed. Olsen et al bend over once again. :evil:

Credit where credit is due. Good work by the SANFL to get a statement out quickly. Seemed a good response to me.
Agreed, and I'm no Jake Parkinson fan by any means.

Rightio, I stand corrected then. As much as it sucks for the SANFL Clubs, I would never begrudge any player that takes up the offer of an AFL club. It’s every clubs job to develop players and have them get the best out of themselves. If things don’t work out, hopefully the environment of the SANFL club ensures they return to them. So I don’t mind the idea
No, JK didn't.
by StrayDog
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Troy Menzel signs with Central.
Much can happen in footy, on and off the field, but awesome that this expectation has evolved into an actual signing. However, good early call.

Sweet Geezus, I did inform people on here on the 25th of Feb he'd be playing for Centrals in 2019 and even requoted it 8 days ago.
I'm constantly amazed how slow people are.

They’re Centrals supporters...
Well, if nothing else, we all got treated to another " Sweet Geezus ".
by StrayDog
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Congratulations North Adelaide Premiers 2018

Wedgie wrote::shock:

Tonight the North Adelaide Football Club has been awarded the ‘Team of the Year’ at the South Australian Sports Awards at Adelaide Oval!

Welcome to the club.
by StrayDog
Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2019

gazzamagoo wrote:
ferret wrote:Words can be very cheap!!!!!! The Eagles warned The Bays not to take him.

time will tell.

Thanks Phil. ;)
by StrayDog
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Financials

^^
Hehe, nice one Frank. 8)

By the way, that's an interesting avatar pose. Nothing a high fibre diet good dose of Metamucil wouldn't fix, I'm sure.

Unless you prefer a direct remedy which, ironically, are more of a predictable pain in the backside. ;)

Carry on.
by StrayDog
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure ladder 2019

Booney wrote:It's a shambles already.

Only nuns drive Toranas, right Ted? :)
by StrayDog
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OK. Fair enough. I am in favour of eliminating 2 of the mistakes made by the S.A.N.F.L., on the fence on the 3rd one.
There is a fourth one I wish they would correct. I hate how they refer to Sanfull , it is an acronym not a word.
Well, welcome to another season of hearing it multiple times in every break, at every game. They "love football", ya know. :lol:

(Yeah, it shits me off too.)
by StrayDog
Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3

Dogs 7.12(54)
West 5.4(34)

Dogs by 20

Goals : Dogs: Menzel Hoskin 2 Presbury Auckland Gillard
West: Keogh Maitland 2 Turner

Full time

Couldn't make it today, good to get points on the board I thought. How did the recruits go Straydog?
Yeah, I thought they did their bit without being spectacular. In fairness, my first game back due to work commitments so my eyeballs a bit out of calibration.

Jydon looks to have a bit of mongrel about him. Darcy looks to have settled pretty well in our hoops and I suspect will make his mark as the year goes on. Auckland and Marsh appear quite mobile without quite being in the 'Buckets' mould. Back with us this year, Menzel did okay with a couple.

As for the others, Hosko, Elvis, Gilly, Stephenson and Haydon in the thick of it, Goody will have a solid year at the helm. Harbs went okay, Alfie all heart as usual, Izzy off his best.

In perspective, a low scoring game between two clubs that seemed to struggle a bit with the cross breeze. Both will need to pull their fingers out to have an impact at the pointy end of the season, but early days yet.
by StrayDog
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Friday evening and Round 4 finished already! Nice to see the Bays finally open their account. Dogs sitting pretty in second, thanks in part to having played 2 games more than the Panthers below them.

.............P...W...D.....F......A......%
Norwood......3...3...0....216....203....51.55
Central......4...2...0....256....291....46.80
South........2...1...1....172....113....60.35
Glenelg......3...1...1....213....209....50.47
North........3...1...0....226....229....49.67
Sturt........3...1...0....207....214....49.17
West.........3...1...0....216....228....48.65
Eagles.......3...1...0....246....265....48.14
The 'Dogs without a chance to add to their tally until election day.
by StrayDog
Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South v Norwood Mon 1410

DOC wrote:We are also wearing a commemorative 1899 guernsey (120 years since our last, sorry, premiership of that year). These guernsey's will be auctioned off and the proceeds will go to Fight MND.

'Onya South.
by StrayDog
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port v Sturt Sat 1410

stan wrote:This is becoming a strange thread.

These are strange times.
by StrayDog
Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eagles V Central

Don't need to be past player, John Butcher rubbishing was a favourite pastime when he was still playing. Probably among Centrals fans too
Most of the stuff I heard over his time here was the occasional unimaginative sarcasm from opposition fans, eg "Recruit of the year!" , that type of stuff. Then again, I tend to sit in areas where there are more opposition fans.

Personally, I always felt 'Dogs fans believed in him in the main, alot of that might have been faith in the CDFC as well.
by StrayDog
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Lucky the inception of the reserves sides has led to such great success for the Crows and Port in the AFL, imagine how poorly they'd be performing under the "old" system.

Sanderson and Trigg had an agenda to blame not having a reserves side for their AFL failings, now they have been found out as frauds and we are stuck with their delusions as our reality

Yep .. Early-Mid 2000's Victorian clubs and media were bemoaning the fact the Crows and Power had an advantage in development with their players in the SANFL. Not long after the AFL successfully leant on the SANFL to reduce the Salary Cap. Not long after that the AFL clubs successfully lobbied for their own reserves sides.

Completely understandable Crows and Port would want total control of their reserves players, but not sure how much benefit they've derived from it when the competition has weakened?
A few over there were keenly looking at our arrangement in the '90s, well before the AFL Reserves were dissolved.
by StrayDog
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - Central District v Powereserves

2,600..... should have been 6-7,000 min . for what Roy has given those supporters.

Poorly promoted by the club, not to mention the no presentations for the last game of the year.
In other words, a crowd equalling the last standalone of both the Woodville and Torrens clubs in 1990, and two to three times larger the last standalone SANFL game of its most successful club at Glenelg in 2013. I was at the latter, and saw first hand what the final siren meant to the Port people there that day.

Not marketed at all, mainly because Roy did not want a Big Deal. The pulling of Presentations certainly disappointed many. Did it effect the attendance? Not sure.
We can only speculate, but if the above is any indication, then the Club was always going to be pushing poo up an incline to get a more 'respectful' size crowd considering the fixture - let alone anything close to the above, irrespective of the nature of the occasion in the Club's history.

The so called "Family Friendly" outer, which tends to be populated by more opposition fans than locals, had fewer of them than usual, hard to get a sense of occasion out there at all unfortunately. (By contrast, one group of non regulars on the outer wing couldn't contain their man-crush on Nick Gillard once the margin was over 10 goals into the last, but I digress).

Proud as punch to have been a part of the 3/4 time on-field crowd sendoff for Roy as he left the field.
by StrayDog
Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Port Grand Final

am Bays wrote:85 years tomorrow since we first beat Port in a Grand Final,.

Split Enz, you were wrong!!

He told himself, before he went to sleep. ;)

Sorry Tassie, I couldn't resist.
by StrayDog
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

LMA wrote:
Brett wrote:I dont believe its a rumour now.

You shit the bed Brett?

Looks like your avatar did that for him.
by StrayDog
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season Retirements and move ons

gazzamagoo wrote:
am Bays wrote:Here we go, Camry Crow??

there they go, more like it.

The sooner the better. ;)
by StrayDog
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

Magarey Medallist Luke Partington signs a 3 year contract at The Bay. He will be joined by ruckman Jack Hannath (Centrals/Freo).
Also, Glenelg juniors returning to the club are Billy Stretch (Melbourne), Matt Allen (West Coast), Curtis McCarthy (Geelong) & Jackson Edwards (Werribee).

Great signings but when you look at our loses we should have plenty of money left in the salary cap and a few more key players to replace hopefully.
A premiership can do wonders for clubs in regard to former players, IMHO.

Some sound player management from this point and your boys could be a force for a few years yet.
by StrayDog
Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In todays Advertiser
"It is understood Adelaide also is in line to play a SANFL match before one of the Crows’ AFL games next season.
South Adelaide is expected to be Adelaide’s opponent, with the club willing to sacrifice one of its home games at Noarlunga to play in front of a big crowd at Adelaide Oval."

I wonder why SA would be willing to give up a home game to play there. It makes no sense unless there is a financial inducement and if yes is it the SANFL who pay it.
Playing "in front of a big crowd" and "players relishing the opportunity" were among the pitches spruiked when these things were in vogue years ago. The alleged net 'benefits' to both supporters and clubs were shown to be, essentially, bollocks, which was why they died a death at the time and only mourned by a handful of the more severe cranio-rectal cases.

For starters, the majority of the crowd didn't turn up until towards the start of the AFL game, attendance even more sparse if the AFL game started some time after the SANFL match. Secondly, those that were there for the AFL game had varying (putting it nicely) interest in what was going on the field compared with a more focussed home crowd at a smaller stadium.

Thirdly, there was the annoyance of the exponentially increasing flow of crocheted blanket, thermos carrying fresh arrivals to the stadium setting up to watch 'their' main game at critical times towards the later stages of the SANFL game - as opposed to SANFL supporters that had been intrinsically following the spectacle before them.

I put it to the readership on here that, even in the modern "Sanfull", these 'benefits' remain a furphy in the main even given one of the sides is associated with the AFL, and the pure SANFL contingent notably lower these days. Don't be surprised to hear it flogged from Salesman Jake and co in coming times, though. Much easier to slip things in when those left standing are already grabbing their ankles with straight knees.

Financial incentive for the SANFL clubs is, of course, a very different matter - especially in the era or AFL reserves and occasional three digit attendances. I'd suggest this (well, derr!) would be the true reason any SANFL clubs might be inherently interested.

Why not play the SANFL game after the AFL game?

Solves a lot of issues and you may get a bigger crowd hang around rather than turn up 3 hours before
See above.

Even if those AFL supporters that do hang around only do so for a quarter or so, they're there for the game and enjoying it (or otherwise) for what it is.

If they want to promote the SANFL to the AFL supporters, do it while they're actually at the stadium and in footy mode. An in-store product promotion, if you will - even if only one of the clubs involved is actually SANFL.
by StrayDog
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Clubs

I think it's been mentioned that it was a clause in the SANFL commissions decision to give the PAFC the second AFL licence that the club keep a presence in the SANFL but not be in anyway aligned with the Port Adelaide Football Club's AFL arm. Which I still maintain was weak at the time by the SANFL.
No problem with Port going to a bigger and better league but that should have been the end of them in the SANFL there and then . Terrible decision to keep Port in the SANFL by all involved

It's certainly what the PAFC thought was happening.
Bucky Cunningham is on record in the press as wanting the Magpies to continue in some form. I cannot be arsed digging up the article; search the newstext archives if you like.
Macca19 gave an account of something along these lines in 2010.

http://www.safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30425&p=1142483#p1142483

Although Macca directly quoted two other posters, and boldfaced relevant points, that contribution seems to have essentially flowed on from a series of posts among which both he and Booney took issue with a (then recent) Warren Partland article.

Its getting a bit off topic for this particular thread, and possibly something others can remember from the time anyway, so I'll leave it at that.
by StrayDog
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Clubs

Any news on the Dogs fundraising effort.Last we heard was 50k.

$60,600 Brett.

That's a solid effort to date.

I cant see it posted anywhere else, so might as well share that South started a similar campaign last week.

https://asf.org.au/projects/south-adelaide-panthers-foundation/fight-on-forever/
Yeah, I was wondering about South. I knew they welcomed donations for junior development and (I think) for the ladies but couldn't see anything on the asf.org.au front when I looked a few weeks (??) back.

Personally, I'd like to think that, with South sticking to their guns on a certain topic a few years back, a few of us of other allegiances around town may care to direct a bit of extra coin their way. Just a thought.
by StrayDog
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

God help us all if soccer is enough to get by on.

Thats whats nearly the entire world say about aussie rules ;)
For what it's worth, and I'm not a flag waving nationalist by any means, but I'd be thinking twice before backing in alot of "nearly the entire world"against this nation right now. Just saying.
by StrayDog
Fri May 15, 2020 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 Centrals v Glenelg Saturday 1410

am Bays wrote:Bays by 9 pts at teh half

Decent commentary on the Digital Pass for once

You can tell John Nackeville (sp) and Big Phil do their research and know the league

Phil Walsh take note

Yeah, I've always liked Nanks' calls, a quality act IMHO.
by StrayDog
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 Centrals v Glenelg Saturday 1410

Another loss. It was expected but 3 goals better than predicted.

Positives: We kicked more than 10 goals and outscored Glenelg in the 2nd and 4th quarter.
Great games from Troy Menzel, Travis Schiller, Jarrod Schiller and James Boyd. Enjoyed my favourite player Justin Hoskin and 2 goals from Murray Stephenson.
At least the Glenelg supporters enjoyed the game.

Negatives: We lost. 7 to go.
We're getting closer,
I think we'll beat Sturt, we're due for one at Unley & they're not travelling too well at the moment.
Unfamiliar (thankfully) territory for the 'Dogs being, I feel, spoon fortnight against Sturt, who are a game and a half off the bottom, and West, who are a game and only two to three goals of percentage ahead at the mid point.

As much as this year might be an effectively "back to the ol' drawing board", I'd like to think the possibility of this breed being the CDFC's first league spooner in 43 years, and only third overall, will drive every one of our lads to put in their level best.
by StrayDog
Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 9 Central v West at X-Con Oval 2:10 pm

Well, it's been a good many years since I've been this happy about a minor round win, but...

UUUUUUUUU Dogs!
by StrayDog
Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 1410

Groucho wrote:Central 8 points

Not far off in the end there Groucho, nicely done! ☺

I picked us to get pipped in a close one, very happy to see the boys get the points today and get off the bottom, pending the result at the Bay this evening.
by StrayDog
Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 Centrals v Norwood Saturday 1410

Like I said a couple of weeks ago when Centrals lost by a couple of goals to the eagles and a number of doggies supporters were going hysterical about how putrid the team is...........they aren't that bad. Yep, although I said nothing at the time, I remember that quote from round 6:-
For all the moaning from some of the Centrals supporters on here I expected to come against a rabble.
I'm not trying to cut into you here but I will go off topic and address a couple of things, at least as I see them.

I'm pretty sure no-one was "going hysterical" about anything, certainly not beyond well expected posting form of perhaps one regular username's 'negativity' which has been ripped into more than once on this forum. Comments from a couple of others at the time about the pending margin, while not entirely fair, probably not that unreasonable given the very large percentage and table gaps. Worth noting that a few supporters from other clubs also had us down for a hiding as well.

Perhaps also worth noting that you and smac were challenged by one of your own fans with the suggestion that Centrals only out-scored the Eagles in the last three quarters due to having two quarters to one "with a five goal gale" - which was a gross exaggeration. (Mid to high 20 k's blowing predominately 10 to 4 across the ground, favouring the southern end by two to three goals at most.)

While under no illusions, I think you'll find that most of our supporter base do understand and accept that this year was for building and learning. 'whufc' has more or less said this directly.

Without recalling the exact words, former SA Footy and Footy SA poster, 'topsywaldron' once made an excellent comment about the importance of self awareness in going forward. I think that's where we're at.

For years, 'northerner' always has presented look for the constructive angle without dolling things up. 'Bulldogproud' always keen to give the lads well deserved applause and not afraid to challenge others when needed. A number of others I could mention from within our own ranks, a number of generously constructive contributions also from other club's supporters - including yourself - which is awesome.

A couple of hard fought wins on the board and a real chance to keep the spoon away from us for a 43rd consecutive year.

Go 'Dogs.
by StrayDog
Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 North V Centrals Saturday 1410

Probably could have its own thread but today (10th) is the 20th Anniversary the CDFC's first Premiership, defeating the Eagles in front of just under 35,000.

A big four quarter effort this week is in order! :D
by StrayDog
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ian Callinan

Wingnut gave us Central supporters amazing memories during his time at the club. Praying for him to regain full health.
Yep, an awesome player in an amazing era for the Club. Eagles were after him too as I recall (not sure who else) but absolutely I'm very glad he pullled on our tricolours.

Best wishes to Ian, his friends and his loved ones.

Edit:- Thanks to gazzamagoo for letting us know.
by StrayDog
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 Eagles v Glenelg Saturday 1334 (not a typo)

All I could hear at the ground from Bays fans was BAL[list=][/list]L even if the eagles player didn’t have the ball.

You hybrid fans just don't get irony, do ya?

I may not but I know A side playing like shit when I see it .
Seen it enough

Ironic isn’t it oh wait that’s a great song
A song full of situations that have far call to do with irony so, no, it isn't. Just sayin'.
by StrayDog
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13 Glenelg v Centrals Saturday 1610.

Question was "Are you Drunk?"
I don't see the relevence and think its a poor attempt at being rude to a fellow poster who's opinion you might disagree with but no mate, working tomorrow. I could ask you a similar question but I wouldn't stoop to that, surely we can all have opinions and discuss footy games without rude inferences about each other, and as the bloke who created this site I discourage it.

Just remember when I asked my initial queation I had no idea who kicked it, I had the volume off the digital pass since before 2.30pm and was watching the game on a small tablet.
As this distraction did go on long enough in this game thread and a few days have passed, I'll keep it brief:-

:)) =)) :))

Short memories and all that.

Play on, and stay safe everyone.
by StrayDog
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14 Centrals v Eagles Saturday 1410

End of a more important era at Centrals with Holden no longer major sponsor.
Yep, after 32 years, the end of the longest running major sponsorship in the League's history.

https://cdfc.com.au/news/tribute-to-holdens/

Only 58 years behind Geelong and Ford. ;)
That's impressive, regardless of relevance. ;)
by StrayDog
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R14 Centrals v Eagles Saturday 1410

Wedgie wrote:I heard Trent's sister once rode in a Ford to Geelong going to a gig.
There ya go. :lol:

Yeah, I heard the same thing. Must have read the same copy of New Idea.

;)
by StrayDog
Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JEFF ANDREWS GONE!

Looked like Thomas was already coaching on the weekend, albeit in the Runners uniform.
Spent majority of his time on the ground clogging space.
I think Jeff has had a number done on him.

A tad salty for a team that's about to play finals. 4 grand final losses to us have you a bit hurt still.

BTW I agree Andrews may have had his number called.
Enjoy your BBQ this Sunday while some of us are playing finals.
And get the paint charts ready for the weekend after
Why would that be? Is there a prelim final half-time paint-a-thon?
Face paint. For the sad clown.
by StrayDog
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JEFF ANDREWS GONE!

gazzamagoo wrote:Not to mention the one and only Des Drogemuller.

I think this might have be been lost on a few, Gazza. :)
by StrayDog
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Player movements

Sslary Cap ???????????????? non existent

Just like the Dogs in the decade they won all their premierships.
Something about a pot and a black kettle.
Personally, I've never been comfortable seeing this sort of stuff pointed at anyone without reasoned argument. It takes from the gloss of achieving what should be the primary goal of every club participating in the SANFL. (Yikes, there's that 'integrity' thing again.)

You said it yourself... Do you think with all this crap flying around about the premier "Eagles" and all their recruits and their salary cap, that the SANFL would not be closely watching and scrutinising their situation. The Eagles would be foolish to do anything underhanded
Good point, now as it was during Centrals' era. We heard years of this sort of "paper bag kings" tripe dating back well before this site in the old Footy SA days - and copped it sweet for much of it.

That and the oft debunked "pokie fuelled premierships" gem. I even heard some Dunning-Kruger case study banging on about that one quite recently on Jules Schiller's program on the ABC as the "reason" she supposedly stopped coming to local games 10 years ago. I think some serial dick head also lung-buttered that old chest-nut briefly on this forum recently too, can't be arsed finding it.

I hope that settles the dust a bit.

Oh, and that should be "Something about a black pot and a kettle " to follow the proverbial idiom correctly, but, whatever. I appreciate that proof-reading and coherence isn't everyone's thing.

(Sorry about the rant, folks.)
by StrayDog
Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

Kahuna wrote:I read number 1, felt sick so stopped reading.

I didn't even get past goddy's opening paragraph.
by StrayDog
Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

That's a bit unfair on CDFC. After all they voted against the AFL reserves.
...and were one of the clubs that opposed the change from U17/U19 to U18...

...and openly and clearly opposed the league being used for Crows / Power "curtain raisers" FWIW...

...and (sort of relevant) one of the clubs that opted out of that short lived, half-arsed interstate tournament...

...and a senior coach going on the record about his views on the state of the game as it related to the competition he loved ('shouting at clouds', as I seem to recall some dick-head on here recently put it)...

...and...and...and...

Just sayin'. :D
by StrayDog
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 SANFL Fixture

gazzamagoo wrote:
RB wrote:
am Bays wrote:Was the Magpies last game a loss to the Bays?

Nope, it was a win over the Bays actually. 7/9/2013.

I was there, in me Centrals clobber, with Eric.

Me too, was fortunate to meet LPH, as well as Pseudo, Spargo and a few of the other 'Louts.
by StrayDog
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID

gazzamagoo wrote:Seriously though, surely with the issues regarding the virus still, it would be even greater madness to go ahead with the 2 AFL teams in the SANFL.

CFA.
by StrayDog
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Alex wrote:
bloody oath, the jealousy around here is unbelievable

Shhh. The grown-ups are talking.
by StrayDog
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Over my dead body.
( No, that can't be arranged ).

Isn't that interesting. You are dead against (pardon the pun) forming a combined AFL reserves but quite in favour of Defiling our competition with 2 AFL Reserves team. Do the words hypocrite mean anything to you. Typical Port Adelaide attitude, every thing for you and nothing for anyone else.
Time to mothball the prison bars and wear the Power clash guernsey like a good AFL reserves team.
Get the F out of our competition.

Good to see you're not grizzling about your own mob for a change. Nice to see mate!

See you at Alberton during the year. Go Pies!

As a foundation club it's our competition too! :D
Nice to see you not grizzling about someone grizzling about yours. How's Topsy?

Didn't get much excercise myself last year so will be cutting back on pies for a while.
by StrayDog
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hehe. My turn. 8)

Nice to see you not grizzling about someone grizzling about yours. How's Topsy?

Initially seething, now MIA. :(
Like most of us, probably just busy holding the forte. I noted your last overture towards hymn was a about a twelve month period after his last pitch, not insignificant in the scale of things. Perhaps just cop it suite?

We just waltzed back in!

Really? Mozart or Strauss?"

To my knowledge, Mozart never wrote any waltzes. That was definitely the Strauss family territory. Just raising the tone here.
Is my thinking baroque? Perhaps I should stave off looking like A Major bassoon. Is that the key?

Don't forget Chopin, Schubert & Beethoven!
Sorry, a natural minor oversight. I was feeling a bit flat at the time.

Centrals best half back line
For the record, 1984 among our most note-worthy. Couldn't kick a big enough score and got well beat by Glenelg in the Qualifier after some on-field dis-harmony. Our half back line choralled from playing the following week in the Semi. Pretty sure Alan Stringer was on song that day.

Anyway, back with the program, so play on.
by StrayDog
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:DARREN CHANDLER: The Crows and Port have long term agreements to be part of the sanfl until 2028 and we’d like to strengthen that relationship.

Perhaps he could insist on a reach-around from time to time.
by StrayDog
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |