Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: Football Park Greatest Moments

Yet to come.... when they bulldoze the place!
by Pinarello
Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Legs Man I wish you'd contribute a little more on this forum. Thought I'd logged onto the "How good are Echunga" page.

Regarding finals ovals - Lobey won't be hosting any this year. Oval in bad need of top dressing before cricket kicks off. I believe the HFL have selected Uraidla, Mt Barker, Hahndorf, Torrens Valley (at Mt Pleasant), Onkas and Echunga as candidates.

12 posts in 2 and a half years.... don't think you should be criticising others contributions pal
by Pinarello
Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

This whole promotion/relegation thing is a joke. The way the HFL handled it last season was baffling, and one can only assume it won't get any better going forward. It puzzles me why there is one set of criteria for promotion from country to central (A Grade success), however a different set of criteria for relegation to country from central (overall club success). While that clause is in place it's hard to see anything more than a sh!t fight developing. Yes I know its the rules, and the clubs voted it in.... does not make it right!

I can only assume the HFL see's the central comp as being the pinnacle of football in the district.... and that's fair enough, so they don't want byes etc in junior football.... but somehow that's ok for the country comp?!? If the HFL truly see the central comp as the pinnacle, then surely they would want the best A grade teams competing. Sorry if that is inconvenient HFL..... but Echunga will play finals in A Grade this season, and have been a more than competitive unit. But on the strength (or in this case, lack of it) the B Grade, and colts teams, Echunga will be told to pi55 back to country!!

So what's the answer..... For mine there are only 3 plausible scenarios.... none of which I think the HFL will find palatable, but there you go guys, your in charge, make the hard call.

1. Promotion/Relegation is based ONLY on A Grade - so taking this season as an example - Hahndorf to country & Lofty back to central.... love to see it, but it won't happen.

2. Go to the 3 division system that has been moved on here before - I think its the best way, continue with Promotion/Relegation, I also think this will make the gaps between the standards a lot smaller. Div 3 for those clubs that regularly struggle to fill junior teams, with the incentive for them to fill sides in juniors to push back up through the grades.

3. Central becomes a 12 team comp - bring in Lofty & Nairne..... and basically kill Country altogether!
by Pinarello
Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Interesting that there has not been much comment on the new CEO of the crows. Perhaps like me many BM's have not heard of the guy, and are reserving judgement. I guess as much as anything does it say something about a few of the current crow (Noble, Smart etc) hierarchy that they were not given the nod..... Does it send them any type of message?

Certainly it seems that an outsider will bring a fresh way of looking at things.... I think that is certainly a positive.
by Pinarello
Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

^ I was taking the PI55 though!
by Pinarello
Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |