Search found more than 1391 matches

Return

Re: SA v QLD SS 12 FEB

locky801 wrote:
stampy wrote:all this bagging for not enforcing the follow on is absolute rubbish, like a hairy box it has gone by the wayside,

heard the hairy box was back. :D

Not in my household :)
by bennymacca
Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2013/14.

Massive comeback by Freeling, hope valley were cruising. Needed 6 off the last ball to win bit couldn't do it, Freeling win!
by bennymacca
Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

what is wrong with public service, besides other's perceptions?

Other's perceptions??? You mean the other 85% of the people that pay for it.
Nothing wrong with an effective, efficient, affordable public service.
But we cant afford what we have at the moment
SA is heading towards Greece

This government is totally beholden to the PSA and SDA
At least Foley tried to reduce the size of the PS but got belted

going towards greece? LOL. that is an utterly ridiculous comment.

and you kind of assume that the people in the public service dont work. quite often when you cut the public service, the slack gets taken up by contractors, which charge a hell of a lot more than the original public servants, though because that number is somewhat more hidden and you can be seen to be "supporting industry" it is somehow better even though you pay more.
by bennymacca
Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

good observations all round there.

shows what happens when everyone is having fun too - they clearly werent under mickey arthur, but even in england when they were losing, you could just tell that they were having fun.

i know i cant really relate my personal experiences to that, but i do know that when we are having fun on the cricket field we almost always play better - as soon as we go quiet in the field we lose. thats not sledging either, unless you count sledging of your own teammates.

you can tell that they are having fun - getting mitch to grow his mo back as soon as they left aussie shores is another good example
by bennymacca
Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

daysofourlives wrote:Toot Toot

are you really delighting in someone breaking their leg? really?
by bennymacca
Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Navy intercepts seventh boat of asylum-seekers in two mo

Have to agree with you there, that is pretty silly.

But the death of someone who is supposedly coming here to seek safety is a tragedy
by bennymacca
Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Other International Cricket

Chill pill mate
by bennymacca
Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Other International Cricket

Would have loved to see a test championship get off the ground. Would have provided so much more meaning to a lot of these games
by bennymacca
Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Survey results confirming what most already knew *grins*

Do you find it interesting that what you are saying about religious people you actually practice yourself?? You are unable to accept the opinions of people who have faith yet you criticise them for not accepting yours *winks*

Science isn't a faith, it just is. Science doesn't require you to believe in it, it carries on quite happily regardless. It is also not opinion.

Faith, by definition, requires you to accept things that cannot be proven or are completely false.
by bennymacca
Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Survey results confirming what most already knew *grins*

I don't feel sorry for them, and I'm certainly all for freedom of religion. All religions not just Christianity. Where I have a problem is when they start teaching it on schools as an alternative to evolution etc
by bennymacca
Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nope, it just shows that you don't understand evolution.
by bennymacca
Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You obviously didn't read the first post. It got sidetracked but still interesting. So please gtfo
by bennymacca
Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Met rowey and had a beer with him at one of those brewery days at west end last year. Seemed like a nice bloke.

Gotta remember he would be asked to take a different side of the argument to bone quite often so they get a discussion going. Even if he agrees with bone privately.
by bennymacca
Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What would you rather, someone who makes elegant runs once in a blue moon, or someone who makes ugly runs at a first class average of 45. Get him back in the team!!

(Having said that I think they are going to bring Hughes back to open once rogers retires so long term it might be better to get another middle order batsman in there like Doolan. But not marsh!)
by bennymacca
Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Alien discussion

HH3 wrote:
Squids wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Squids wrote:Fear

Fear of what? Actually winning the war they started?

strong history knowledge

Im actually interested in discussing this with you. Why dont you educate me on it, instead of just alluding to my ignorance.

It's because it's all bullshit and he can't educate you on anything
by bennymacca
Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A forum is a form of social media
by bennymacca
Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Freedom of speech? ... Or a serial pest?

None of those conservatives will switch sides even if they vote to do the right thing. The fact they tony Abbott is effectively looking her sister in the eye and saying fk you I am better than you is deplorable
by bennymacca
Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Freedom of speech? ... Or a serial pest?

My question to you is, how does two other people's marriage affect yours? Why the hell should you care about them?

If you cared about family values why have a different stance about divorce?

Sorry I don't accept that it is anything but homophobic. Can't see any other reason.
by bennymacca
Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not Ricky Ponting either he was 25 and a half as well when he brought up his 4th ton

this is wrong, unless i am using the cricinfo stats guru wrongly
hundreds.png

edited so you could see the list easier

Thats a pretty good club there benny

If Smith is half as good as them we have a beauty on our hands.

for sure.

cricinfo stats guru is awesome. quite complicated to use, but you can get just about any stat you want out of it if you try hard enough
by bennymacca
Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: King Andrew Demetriou

Change is good, tinkering bad. Rules committee should only change rules once every 3 years, preseason can be used to trial them.
by bennymacca
Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: King Andrew Demetriou

i think he is a massive douche, but i think overall you have to say his tenure has been good for the game. it has been cleaned up a lot with regard to head high contact and concussions etc, two new teams have been introduced which at this very early stage looks to be successful, there was a $1 billion TV deal, and crowds and TV ratings are all up.

where he let himself and the AFL down very very badly was in the handling of the various scandals that have happened, melbourne tanking, adelaide salary cap, essendon drug scandal. all of those seem to have been handled very poorly, and that i think is why it is time for him to go
by bennymacca
Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As long as there is no collision between the teams (ie deliberately setting up a result to deny a third team) I don't see an issue with teams trying everything they can to make finals
by bennymacca
Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Short-lived TV shows

Have to give a massive +1 to freaks and geeks. Felt like I could really relate to the characters, one of the best tv shows of all time, shame it didn't get more of a run
by bennymacca
Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lyon bowling full tosses. Bring on Smith. At least he can turn the ball.

Lyon seems to be the type of bowler that is at his best when the batsmen go after him, but doesn't have enough tricks in the bag to get them out when they are defending, especially on pitches that don't give him any bounce, which seems to be his main weapon
by bennymacca
Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Players named re. ASADA

The Sleeping Giant wrote:So the only time you have a level headed sensible opinion is on this topic.

Where is the **** off you cheating **** that you normally post?

They are all pea hearts. Is that what Jim would say?
by bennymacca
Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Who da **** is dmac

stop commenting in the crows threads if you dont know
by bennymacca
Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SS SA v Two Heads

He should be
by bennymacca
Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SS SA v Two Heads

bays09 wrote:we need to make 400 to win - no excuses why we cant

ill give you a reason

south australia
by bennymacca
Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 1 - general discussion (and live scores)

Q. wrote:What games are on FTA this weekend?

friday: coll vs freo
saturday: GC richmond
sunday: carlton vs port (only for SA)

only other game is GWS Syd which is saturday twilight.

really really REALLY struggling to resist getting fox footy at this time of the year.

http://www.afl.com.au/broadcastguide
by bennymacca
Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best era of AFL/VFL footy

most people probably equate the best times to either their childhood, or a period of sustained success for their team too.
by bennymacca
Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So it's looking like 23 Labor, 21 Liberal & 2 IND with 1 undecided which is probably going to go to the Libs. If it goes to Labor then they can form govt in their own right but if as expected to the Libs then they can possibly form minority govt with the two indies where as Labor only need to convince 1 of those 2 indies to form govt at worst.

Labor are in the box seat to form govt but there is an argument that Labor might be better off allowing the Libs to form govt to avoid what would almost certainly be a Labor wipeout at the next election. I don't subscribe to that and if as expected Labor forms govt either in it's own right or with an indie you go with it and do the best you can for the next four years. Whatever might happen in 2018 may or may not happen.

if abbott doesnt turn things around federally they could get a swing towards them in 2018 imo
by bennymacca
Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Andrew Bolt - is he a credible journalist?

only just saw this.

andrew bolt is the worst journalist out there, on the same level as alan jones.

cannot write anything with an ounce of balance, and yet has the gall to accuse the ABC and others of bias or partisanship as soon as they write an article that disagrees him.

anyone that uses terms like "leftist" intended in a derogatory manner, as opposed to just criticising a policy, is clearly biased.
by bennymacca
Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AFL - Round 1 - general discussion (and live scores)

So unless I am reading it wrong, the rule specifically mentions incorrect disposal wedgie. Page 50

15.3 free kIcks reLatING to dIsPosaL of the footBaLL
15.3.1 correct disposal
A Player Correctly Disposes of the football if the Player Kicks or Handballs the football.
15.3.2 Incorrect disposal and Payment of free kick
When the football is in play, a Free Kick shall be awarded against a Player who hands the football to another Player or throws the football.

http://mm.afl.com.au/Portals/0/2012/AM_6967_0112_AFL_laws.pdf
by bennymacca
Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Scores around Oz

Was just about to come and post this haha
by bennymacca
Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The South Australian Political Landscape

You wouldn't have snuck up on him as good as you think...

He would have smelled you coming :)
by bennymacca
Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

He is a Rhodes scholar too. Shows that even smart people can be stupid
by bennymacca
Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Golf Courses in South Australia

heater31 wrote:You gents need to play Kooyonga. End of discussion!

no worries moneybags :D
by bennymacca
Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tomic loses in the shortest match in ATP history

http://m.foxsports.com.au/tennis/bernard-tomic-crashes-to-60-61-against-jarkko-nieminen-in-shortest-ever-atp-match-at-the-sony-open-in-miami/story-e6frf4mu-1226860827322?sv=e63a37f26ed9f6c494f09f81748bb984

Pretty sure Tomic is going to be another of those guys that has a lot of potential but never fulfils it, because he is a dickhead that thinks he doesn't have to work for it.
by bennymacca
Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Movie Trivia (6 Questions/week)

MightyEagles wrote:14/3/14

Why was Bubby Ebsen forced to quit his role as the Tin Man in The Wizard of Oz?

had a brain
by bennymacca
Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Umpiring was good.... wait. what?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/far-fewer-free-kicks-paid-across-round-1-as-umps-told-to-only-pay-obvious-infringements/story-fni5f22o-1226862601719

finally a good news story about umpires. i watched a few games over the last 2 weeks, most of the FTA ones, and I think that the umpiring was pretty good in all of the games. then i read this article above that it is the lowest average for a round in 10 years.

hopefully it stays like that. as much as people whinge when players get held without the ball (dangerfield manhandled at ever contest) it is much better than the other way round, where every single little tap on the shoulder is penalised.

i like the rule that ducking doesnt get you a free kick, though they have to draw the line between ducking and putting your head over the ball. and selwood still managed to get way too many free kicks.

but other than that i thought it was umpired really well, more like "finals" umpiring, which is how it should be.
by bennymacca
Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done to Freeling. Way too good on the weekend, outplayed us in all areas. Been the best team all year and thoroughly deserve it. How about Raed making 3 tons in 3 consecutive GF's!! Unbelievable effort and a great knock to witness even if you are the opposition.

talk about making runs when your team needs it
by bennymacca
Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Federal Liberal minister Christopher Pyne today described the new Labor government as “illegitimate”.

“Jay Weatherill’s government is an illegitimate government,” he told reporters in Canberra.

Pyne said the Liberals had achieved 53 per cent of the two-party preferred vote in the March 15 state election.

He argued this showed the electorate boundaries were drafted in such a way that Labor could win the election with 47 per cent of the vote.

“That needs to be closely looked at,” he said.

Marshall said this morning that “I believe Jay Weatherill doesn’t have a mandate to govern”.

http://indaily.com.au/news/2014/03/24/liberals-squeal-labor-promises-to-change/

Where do the Libs find these idiots, elections are decided on who wins the most seats not the most votes overall and Pyne fails to mention the Howard govt of which he was a part of not winning the majority vote at the '98 federal election but won the most seats so continued to govern.

in fact, contrary to other places (or so i believe, happy to stand corrected), SA is mandated to redraw the election boundaries after every single election to try and get the boundaries to reflect the overall vote. so whilst its true that the two party preferred might have been higher for the libs, it tells me that labor have campaigned better in marginal seats.

calling the government illegitimate is just blatantly ridiculous, and actually undermines the democratic process imo. there is nothing wrong with a minority government, and in a way i think it can sometimes achieve better outcomes than a government where there is a strong majority.

the advantage is that issues that typically could be swept under the carpet are brought into focus. the flipside is that you end up pandering to a small number of people with the balance of power.

in my mind it would be much better off if it was more acceptable to cross the floor to vote with the thoughts of your constituents rather than along party lines, though i doubt this will ever happen.
by bennymacca
Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lol chant rehearsals.

Get to the ground, drink a shite load of beer and start belting out the classics

If the bloke next to u starts singing something witty or funny join in with him and soon everyone else will

It's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of and typical of the Crows club and supporters FFS English soccer fans and even Centrals fans didn't need a Cheersquad or even a brain cell between us all to work it out!!

to be fair, most centrals supporters wouldnt remember anything more than uuuuu doooooggggs.
by bennymacca
Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What will happen first...?

west coast sydney grand finals were the best in my living memory too.

west coast freo is defintiely the one that is most likely to happen any time soon.
by bennymacca
Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also time to tell Pyne and Bernardi to permanently move to Canberra and STFU about local matters

especially when its clear that the libs havent done well in cultivating the moderate liberal vote. their country vote is as strong as ever, but thats not where the battle is won.

honestly i think the libs would have won easily if they better differentiated themselves from the federal liberal and presented themselves as more moderate
by bennymacca
Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2 Discussion ( and Live Scores )

The Sleeping Giant wrote:No. Essendon supporters are very similar to Crow supporters. Everything is "BALL"

yeah sydney supporters yell "hands in the ruck"
by bennymacca
Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

Put whoever you consider a celebrity and don't question others' choices
by bennymacca
Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

yeah i reckon if the 9 seasons were packed into about 6, it would have been on a par with scrubs and the office as the best sitcoms that i have seen. it is slightly below those, but still excellent.
by bennymacca
Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |