Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: SANFL Draw

It is sickening seeing the Advertiser trying to hype up the round 1 game between Norwood and the port power reserves. Can norwood beat their old enemy now its full of power reserves talent they say Clearly they are giving the SANFL some attention as they see money in it. It alsmost sounds like some sort of exhibitiion game however...the best of the SANFL versus the port power reserves. This is an insult to the port v norwood rivalry to try and pass it off between a battle of traditional rivals. There is no way in gods green earth I will be attending. The SANFL directors have failed South Australian football fans miserably!
by passionatelegsfan
Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

One of the very few times in my life i was barracking for centrals and they let me down. I am depressed about what the sanfl has become now. It is ajoke and people that supportthe crows and power reserves are not real south australians.can somebody give me one good reason to keep following it?
by passionatelegsfan
Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

Ok, so 4 pages in and I still have no idea how the game panned out.... Any chance of a run down??

Who cares!!!! This is just compromised bullshit now. Centrals were playing a team full of vfl listed players. What type of competition is this?

Go have a look at the crows website on bigfooty and i'm sure they will give you a rundown of how thw crows ressies performed. As for centrals....well it doesn't really matter does ir? They have been reduced to irrelavance now. Sorry people for the negativity but we have to keep this real!
by passionatelegsfan
Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL GRAND FINAL NORWOOD V PA RESERVES

I think its a good idea to act with some humility during periods of success. Norwood now have the most premierships of any current SANFL club, and as a norwood supporter I am extremely proud of that. Having said that however I would not be being honest If I did not say that until this current run, that I felt that Norwood were an underachieving club, No flags between 1950-75, then we would win one here and there but it never actually felt like enough considering the talent they had at their disposal. The mid to late 1980's in particular I found was a very frustrating time to be a Norwood supporter. Since Bassett came along they have been playing with a consistency that I have never before experienced in my lifetime. Hence I credit Bassett with turning Norwood from an underschieving club to a SANFL powerhouse.

I think Centrals supporters also have to be careful not to be to proud. The stats posted on here are impressive but If I remember correctly in your first 25 years or so in the comp you's didn't even make a Grand Final. Centrals then went on one incredible run which accounts for all the trophies in their cabinet. That one run was impressive however it hasn't always been great times down at elizabeth. Still the banter between the fans is good. I see norwood versus Centrals becoming the biggest SANFL rivarly now Port Magpies no longer exist.
by passionatelegsfan
Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |