Search found 34 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Peter Scheuffele the new A grade coach at Rosewater

That's a very good get.

:shock: Spoke to Peter and the end of last season and congratulated him on an outstanding career....on what I understood to be his retirement from coaching....... Very surprising turn around but great news for Johnny Reardon and the Doggies....
by Cohiba
Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Cohiba
Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CEO's are a team of one.....poor analogy.... [/quote]Bad CEO's maybe. Good CEO's are part of a team. Great CEO's are lead by and serve the team.

It's an apt analogy. (Through to the keeper on that one Morrell)

So if were after impressing people (I mean really? I though we were playing a game of football to win, and have fun) guys should be encouraged to wear things that suit their body type, gait and sense of fashion .[/quote]

So your okay with MP wearing TuTu's :)
by Cohiba
Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Dark Knight wrote:
morell wrote:Oh oh oh, I thought of another myth!

7. Strapping does anything, ever.

Hahaha love it, along with strapping and also stretching Morrel what's your opinion on rub downs?

and post match ice baths........ :rolleyes: :)
by Cohiba
Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Heat Policy - a reminder

Footy Chick wrote:further to my post above - I've just been informed that those in charge from committee down, ie; coaches etc.. may be also held personally liable if anything does happen.

Probably should cancel the "Beep" Test then........ ;)
by Cohiba
Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

I've heard things are on the move at Kilburn today. Sad.......
Spose i'll get the facts out there before the rumour mill kicks into over drive today.
1. Greg Phillips has officially resigned as head coach of Kilburn
2. The club has already identified possible candidates and are confident of finding a suitable replacement by early next week at the latest.
3. Kilburn will remain in D3 this season, although the possibility of a bye in D3R is still a distinct possibility, however the club is still hopefully of 2 sides and will know more in the coming days/week.
4. The club has in the vicinity of 35-40 players signed.

Good day, and happy Friday everyone, enjoy the long weekend :)

Spoke to an old cricket team mate of mine who's plays at Kilburn now and he confirmed point 3. He also mentioned that the club is still able to entice players to the Chics as the club's finances are still in a good place, although this is the reason they are in their current predicament.

With Matt Whelan bailing out on Brahma Lodge, and Phillips on Kilburn it questions if some coaches are their for the right reasons. Facing such an exodus of players no doubt was the deciding factor as it appears they (the coaches) weren't prepared to undertake the challenge of building a team from the ground up. In their case it seems clear it is not what they signed on for in the first instance.

It does suggest that football no matter what level, highlights (IMO) that loyalty and duty for many "guns for hire" is unto themselves and not a Club. As pointed out in many posts if its money path a Club elects to take to achieve success, then you have to cop the consequences that follow.

Props to Kilburn on point 3. Suri for facing up to what will be a tough season in Div 3 and if Brahma Lodge had opted to stay up it may have been a useful learning curve for them.
by Cohiba
Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flash Poll - Which grade do you think Kilburn should be

Get them in Div7 then the bye moves to div 3. With wingfield, north pines and smosh C grade at least they will be competitive against some teams
yes because not having a bye in d7 makes more sense :lol:

By and large the League has in place a promotion and relegation system that determines the level where the winners, losers and all the in-betweens play the following season. The League also has the ability to also initiate variations on a case by case basis.

My understanding is that each Club is responsible for its own governance…

Therefore the onus should be on the Club if it feels its circumstances are of an exceptional nature that would (on this topic) impact on themselves…… to initiate consultation with the League on their position to find a resolution.... notwithstanding whether any desire to maintain their current standing or if they request consideration to be repositioned.

To that end...there must be a deadline set in place before the season commences for such submissions. (e.g. 1st March….31st March….pick a date).

Once a decision is made stick to it. What the Club may perceive is in their best interests may not always be the case when it comes to matters of the new catch word “equalisation” within the structure of the League for it to function effectively. For whatever reasons the unfortunate situation that a Club finds itself in to be in this position in the first instance, must fall back on it's own governance. My sense of it is once the season starts …..it’s too late. IMO.
by Cohiba
Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your guide to ANZAC day matches

We've worked very closely with the Salisbury RSL when we've hosted a game in the past, and I'm sure if we asked if we could start before 12, they may say yes, I'm not sure, but surely we can all go one morning without footy for the sake of something a tad more important?

Views on this subject as stated are wide and varied.....I'm not convinced its a matter of going without or otherwise. I'm sure no one undervalues the significance or importance of Anzac Day when we commemorate the appalling loss of a generation of our young men and women a century ago.

Their devotion to duty was to uphold a way of life and the freedoms that we exercise each day.. one of which is the freedom to make choices.......As an ex vet I pay due homage on Anzac Day, share a lager after the dawn service, and have no problems if I drive past an oval and see young Australians playing a game of football no matter the time.

Respect is something you offer as an individual. So if people feel it is disrespectful they free to choose to do or not to do.
by Cohiba
Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Don't want to seem to confident but I'm calling it right now that PNU will play off in the GF this year.

Please don't get ahead of yourself! It is only round 3 and you don't win premierships in April and May!

Don't get me wrong I absolutely understand that but I am quietly confident ;)
After all it wouldn't be a true grand final without a black & white team fighting for the premiership ;)

:vom:
by Cohiba
Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Congrats to Russell Tarca 2003 (former A grade Premiership Captain) who racks up his 300th senior game for the Lions on Saturday....
by Cohiba
Fri May 30, 2014 12:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

Who needs radio when we have this forum.......
by Cohiba
Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

marbles wrote:hmmm i dunno the word smithfield defines so much to adelaideons even if not talking about football

anything different could help their cause?

If that's the case Smithfield and Henley could be sister suburbs..... :)
by Cohiba
Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

just checking..is ben still the coach at BLFC? they listed matt whelan as the coach in the sa amateur footy mag..

Some of the Coaches and player names are left over post season 2013 and before kick off 2014. More so they still have Garry Williams listed as PHOS Camden Coach but they editor has been contacted and that at least will be fixed by next week given the circumstances.
by Cohiba
Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:effing really? 2 holidays coming up. seriously.. if you can't discuss something without it turning into a slanging match *sigh*

Just like watching the Jerry Springer Show.... :lol:
by Cohiba
Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Set to buy themselves out of trouble again as well it seems.. Will never learn lol

hardly. From what I hear it is a drive to get the original boys back. Yes they will be on contract and be getting paid but is a far cry from the path that got them in trouble in the 1st place.
Umm hello it's the exact same path, not only is it the same path but it's the same players lol!

What do you want them to do. Not recruit their last years players. They are damned if they do and damned if they dont. The club was in over their head amd they know this and wont be getting in that position again im sure.

The Kilburn Syndrome..... "pay them and they will come".........Perhaps it the only way they know how and history teaches them nothing.....
by Cohiba
Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The SMOSH WL player did come off the ground on the wrong side of the cone at the interchange gate during the 2nd quarter. Not in dispute…It appears the fat controller in his capacity of keeping time and player movements deemed this as a major breech in the regulations and the matter was referred on (exactly by whom in the GX camp is unclear and one can only speculate). I understand John Kernahan later confirmed that the umpires advised the Lion’s coach that the player was done for the day after it was brought to their attention.

On this occasion however it worked out okay. Karma has its way of sometimes telling individuals they don’t have to be ‘pricks’ every day of the week. That said many thanks were extended to the fat controller and any others involved for their due diligence in observing the rules which oddly may be construed as ironic given a particular “individuals” antics as previously alleged in this forum. The incident provided the visitors some very clear motivation and duly kicked 'arse' to leave Gepps on the bottom of the ladder upon leaving Duncan Fraser Reserve. Well done the Rams.
by Cohiba
Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big crowd at the Den today....Still in doubt after the first three quarters but it was all Lions in the final term who cut loose for a 10 goals win. They deserved all the credit given in to them in the post match celebrations. Personally....for last week and in part this week, I understand a big thanks must go to GC or GC. As a motivational "tool" he is the biggest asset any opposition team can have when he gets involved....The lessons of 2003 taught him nothing.
Well done to the Flinders boys who came in and have a drink after the match. For both Flinders Park and PHOS Camden it is as WW said ...tough to swallow relegation after having at the very least won six games for he season given 4th and 5th only won eight and are playing finals. I imagine the PHOS boys would be particularly annoyed after coming home with a wet sail and looked safe but rueing their 0 and 7 start to their season. Be surprised if they stay in Div 3 more than beyond 2015.
by Cohiba
Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

the joker wrote:Salisbury north will beat TTG next week

=))
by Cohiba
Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Now I say this at 6am getting up for work not coming home from doing whatever it is kids do these days.

Dear Steven,

Your Article was awful, innacurate and inspirational.

Kind regards, PNU

Amazing day. Truly amazing and hats off to SHOC as they nearly had our number. Good club and tested us like no other

No Other? Who was the only club to defeat you this year????

Sporting gestures don't count........ ;)
by Cohiba
Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coaches worth

Been hearing some amazing figures being bandied around for coaches in the SAAFL. Got me thinking about what a coach is worth. Lets not make this a I heard "X" gets paid $10000 a year and "Y" gets $7000 a year. More interested in what people think coaches should be paid in each division.

Heres my thoughts.

Div 1 - What ever you can get and the club can afford. Would think most coaches get $6K - $8K range or $333.33 a game to $444.44 ( all based on 18 games no finals). These guys are either proven or played a pretty high level and should have a sound knowledge of the game.

Div 2-3 - I think you would pay around the $4K to $5K range. Again $222.22 to $277.77 a game. You can take a punt on a few untried coaches at this level. Most coaches would have played SAAFL before and have a reasonable understanding of the game.

Div 4-5 - Should not be paying over $3K to the coach. $166.66 per game. Most made up of guys who played SAAFL at either the club they are coaching or a reasonable level. Get by a lot on reputation but are mostly untried when it comes to the coaching game. A lot of ex captains of clubs end up coaching at this level.

Div 6-7 - Should be paying $2K max. $111.11 a game. A lot of guys are doing it for the love of the game or the club at this level and deserve to be rewarded in some way. At this level you need someone who can recruit and get guys to your club. Not a lot of clubs in this grade have promising junior program ( I said not a lot but there are a few).

Overall these coaches probably spend 10 hours a week and should be rewarded but when you hear of Div 5 and 6 clubs being asked up to $10000 a year to coach them it makes you laugh.

Just my thoughts.

10 hours per week :shock: :shock: ...Money for jam if that's the case......

What's a coach worth? What's a premiership worth ? Leadership, influencing Club Culture, and measured success determines a Coaches worth IMO. Affordability based on the Division has less relevance when trying to determine that worth. If you go bankrupt at any level....game over. You offer what you can in any Division and the applicant will say either yay or nay.....Go from there.
by Cohiba
Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Footy Chick wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Ok, that explains another little ditty I heard, in that they may have already suggested they won't go up next year.
;)

That could also explain this.

What's wrong with D3? No one seems to like it :lol:

Not true....Seaton Ramblers love Divvy 3 :)
by Cohiba
Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 2 - 2015

Has an incredible knack of disposing the ball from tight situations too as well as shrugging tackles.

Loves a yap :lol:

Particularly with the "Orangemen".... ;)

Yep, one day he complained to me for getting an F.A.D that he didn't feel that he deserved, he asked me to talk to the other umpire at half time about it.
Patted me on the arse on his way past another time for calling a free kick against the opposition ruckman for taking his eye off the ball during a ruck contest.

You know him so well.......for sure "Silence is Golden" is not in Cicca's top ten.......
by Cohiba
Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Penalties for paying players in the SAAFL

there was something in Adelaide Now - can someone post it - I CBF.

Hard to police, especially in the case of a lot of college clubs that don't pay players but allegedly find them cushy jobs and other such schemes.

easy to police piss the college sides out of the comp let them play with each other just like in the school footy

and then onto all the clubs left introduce a tuff rule like this

div 1 50k
div 2 40k
div 3 30k
div 4 25k
div 5 20k
div 6 15k

all club presidents and football directors sign a form and a justice of the peace signs of on it if they care caught over the cap in payments the club is kicked out of the comp im sure some clubs will try and work around it still but the first one to be caught and kicked out will be fun to see

and to all the people who say they will just use paper bags under the table in that case id say the league work with government to introduce some sort of law how many presidents would be willing to risk the club to pay under table then

wankwankwankwankwankwankwankwank............ 8-}
by Cohiba
Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Talk of the town in November.. Wow. Talk about us when we're winning, talk about us when we're losing.. Didn't know so many of you had nothing better to do. Bring on the footy then we'll see who makes the most noise in the playground :D

Your "bravado" would be more impressive if you were in Division 3......
by Cohiba
Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

this whole move is surely a grab at ensuring footballers from the high school continue on to SPOSFC, because i gather when they leave high school they are not heading to mawson lakes fc anymore and are being lost

this is is a private school enterprise trying keep a leash on their high school graduates

why do they need to keep a leash on them?

well would the high school be at ease if the sacred heart high school footballers, went to play for henley after graduating?

Not as much as if they were from Sacred Heart College....... ;)
by Cohiba
Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: F***ing Umpires

No one notices a good umpire, that's the way it should be, pay the obvious free's and let the game flow, the intricate AFL introduced rules make it harder for everyone.

Can't vouch for all other Divisions but perhaps (with one exception)....Umpiring in Divvy 2 was of as a good and consistent standard over an entire season as I have seen..... imo.....
by Cohiba
Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Your self injection of excellence is always a pleasure to witness

The div 4 contenders for the 2015 div 4 flag, are all refusing to go to div 3 cos they want an easy year and play finals without their players having to do any form of high octane gut running 4-quarter football

Therefore now the saafl or whoever are asking the non-contenders of div 4, to take up a year in div 3. So you tell me who would benefit the most

Or is everyone a big chicken shit and no one can handle the extreme quality of football in div 3

Wow its soooo scary up there, cant do that we are all weaklings, compared to div 3 clubs

Omg peoples raise the bar a bit. Get your football club to the top of the tree and deal with the requirements of being there

Mate we've been up there as a Div 3 club for three years, we never asked to come down, we never bitched, or whined, or moaned, as it it was the division we were supposed to be in. We competed as best we could during that time, just like every club we played. We enjoyed the challenge of Division 3, as we had in the two previous spells our club had there. I will reiterate, we took the option approximately eight years ago to say in Div 3 after being relegated, when Edwardstown defected to the SFL. I played through that season where we won one game, for the second season in a row, where were beaten by 20+ goals eight times, and finished the season in a worse cultural and financial state than 12 months prior. We're not making the same mistake twice. This year again, we won one game, one, against Kilburn, plus a forfeit. Not beating any of the top eight sides in the other sixteen rounds meant we were relegated and are now a Division 4 club, until we either finish bottom two or top two again. It's not rocket science.

The fact that you know who the top sides in Division 4 are going to be in the December prior to the season, means you should be a quality punter.

I will take offence when my club is called chicken shit, as this situation is not our responsibility/fault/problem. It's Salisbury West's fault, and they need to lie in the bed they have made for themselves, as Kilburn did in 2014. Eastern Park, Salisbury, Pooraka, Hope Valley, Hectorville, Kenilworth, Glenunga, North Haven and Westminster OS shouldn't have to potentially cause their club damage because another club has had issues with their own affairs.

Wouldn't take too much to heart anything Marbles has on this topic Pag.......

Making comparisons for the inclusion of so call "gun " players that would be needed in the different Divisions and Grades for the purposes of grading a Club's ability to be competitive is purely speculative as there is no way to either "measure" or pre determine success or failure of such comparisons between Clubs in the different Divisions. There would be a thousand and one variables finding a common denominator to make such comparisons.

Still it is his viewpoint albeit IMO....a flawed one.....
by Cohiba
Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 2 - 2015

A few Gepps Cross boys heading out to Balaklava in the Adelaide Plains for the season, plus the others that are going to Greenacres. Might be in for a long year with new coach, not sure how many recruit's they have yet.

Sad......very very sad.......I'm crushed.....To think Gino's boys could be in for a long year.......sad :(
by Cohiba
Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

I understand that to be case Beefy.......

Notwithstanding......My response regarding a "single" forfeit was deliberate and made specifically applicable only to Salisbury West given they themselves have created a situation which puts their future in jeopardy.

Their registration to remain in SAAFL has been made conditional as outlined by Carey (assuming of course it is as he stated)....It appears one of those conditions is an "age cap" so to speak. Perhaps this was imposed to limit the opportunity to exploit the "numbers" with some skulduggery as suggested could happen by Heater 31.

My viewpoint is it would be in their interests to ensure that each registration is a genuine footballer committed to play for season 2015 by being aware they are on notice.....that a single (1) forfeit (not 3) by either one or both senior sides .....and its "over" for 2015....The stakes are high so time to see how much they want it because half measures won't cut it IMO.
by Cohiba
Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

If they can overcome the provisions set for them to remain within the SAAFL..... Kilburn appears to be setting up to have a fair crack at being competitive in Division 4 in 2015. Brackstone (rate highly), Clutton, Galbriath, McCallum, O'Loughlin, Billy Parks, Schapel and even Big Shrek....all set to reunite and give the team some experience and useful players in their efforts to stop the rot.

It seems that holding fast and duly getting smashed in 2014 for their folly, might now see them level out in Div 4 to consolidate their position within the League. It will remain to see if history has taught them anything in moving forward.
by Cohiba
Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Morell the now official fact that every 4 team club to have ever entered Division 7 has now officially lost their D-Grade as a result

Smosh after one season is running back to div 8 asap

Uni and Modbury have 5 teams minimum

It might not be a virus, but its a massive sink hole as Broadview, TTG, Flinders Park Sacred Heart and now Henley have all now been depleted in the past 2 years.

Participation rates going up or down? do the maths

Status Quo Marbles.... not running........finished in the bottom two and got relegated........ :roll:
by Cohiba
Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All the arguments you have about why Mitchell Park need not have to do that make just as much sense in favour of Div 8 sides going to Div 7.
in your rant to the div 8 clubs not wanting to play in 7, do you pick any irony that theres a spot in div 6 for any club to come up to and yet you choose not to. That is as farcical Are you two actually serious with this line of argument? No joke its marbles levels of stupidity.

You're comparing a club, which got flogged by an average margin of 30 goals in the A's and couldn't field a side in the B's and therefore rightly got relegated.

To clubs who were very competitive in D7 last year, nominated for D7, but got put in D8 anyway.

Again....Morell....which to ( I presume you meant two) clubs nominated for D7 but finished in D8..... or are we telling lies to make a point. :^o
by Cohiba
Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To clubs who were very competitive in D7 last year, nominated for D7, but got put in D8 anyway.

Again....Morell....which to ( I presume you meant two) clubs nominated for D7 but finished in D8..... or are we telling lies to make a point. :^o We've been unequivocally told to move on mate. The fine scholars of this here thread have had enough.

But, no, I very specifically meant to, not two. As in, you're comparing club x to club y. Poorly worded on my behalf.

Before I incur the wrath of our Mods keeping this alive...... jo172 pointed out correctly ...there were only two clubs that your post could have been relevant to even in the way you meant it to be....Neither of those two clubs nominated to stay in Division 7 because they adhered to the regulations pertaining to promotion and relegation and find themselves in Division 8 as a consequence. Its not personal M... but your comment in any context was a nonsense.
by Cohiba
Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 8 - 2015

Great to see that common sense has prevailed with this purely C & D grade comp.. After playing a majority of my football in Div 7 at Modbury last year then finishing in Div 3 reserves i can safely say that i found it alot tougher playing in Div 7 at times. . Especially when injuries hit mid year and you C grade are losing 3-6 players a week and having up to 10 changes due to the movement in higher grades, will be excellent to play against clubs in similar positions all year..

We played GG on the weekend and admittedly they fielded a mainly D grade side with ours being a mixture of blokes who will play C, D's and E's but was a good hit out and its always a pleasure playing close to home.. Some old rivalries renewed with TTG, Hope Valley and Golden Grove all in the same Div. Dont think thats happened for some time .

Maybe we should play for a Div 8/8R North East Cup amongst ourselves for a bit of fun?

Just have a normal ladder with points and percentage, but only from the games we play against each other and combine both grades. Maybe pick a charity or cause to raise money for at our games as well. Something that will benefit the local North Eastern Community. The 3 clubs that don't win can all chip in for the winners plaque... Hefty Haynzy Sass!

Smacks of a breakaway League...."Marbles" super C's falling apart before the season starts...... :)
by Cohiba
Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |