Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

pfft, I spend that on un-stocking the bar
by Mr Beefy
Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Some clubs still do not pay any player a set $ figure per game, even in this day and age.
by Pag
Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Year

Happy new year to all Safooty folk and best of luck to your clubs for the coming year
by Footy Chick
Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Credit to you Groover for coming out and giving your own opinion on the situation when it differs from that of your club.

FWIW, Brahma won't be the only side that's been uncompetitive in Division 3, we had a year in 2006 when we won one game by a kick, and lost by 15+ goals eight times during the year. I also remember beating Rosewater by 34 goals in Round 1 of Division 4 in 2007 and none of their guys ever looked they were going to give it away, and they ended up winning a couple of games towards the back end of the year when it got wet and some other sides had some injuries.

The other line about getting more injuries in a non-competitive game is a complete myth IMO, I'm fairly sure more guys get injured playing games on a Saturday then they do at training with slight contact. An absolute non-issue.

It's an unfortunate situation for BL, but they did pay out money to get a percentage of these guys to their club (and a lot of others obviously had a loyalty to Payney, which is a sign of his quality as a coach), so they shouldn't be all that surprised when they move on for even more money or becazuse they still want to play under Payney.

Sorry BL, as bad as you'll think you'll be, you should suck it up, cop it for 12 months like every other club has at some point, and have a go at Div 4 in 2015 when you've had another off-season to try and re-invigorate your list.
by Pag
Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Glass houses... Don't expect a positive response when reply with such a negative one!

My comment was in regards to the suggestion that the league would add a bye into their division 4 reserves comp!! Spare me! As if they would do that... hence why i said dumb suggestion.

Your suggestion of knowing how to run a football club is something totally different ...
i have a very good idea....
Maybe you could have responded like you did here with your first paragraph... i wouldn't have got all superhero like ;)
by woodublieve12
Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Looks like the Div 7 fixture has been taken down again on sportingpulse

They are just tweaking it to include the 19th round.

They are or you are. Surely you didn't complain as well Q. Round 19 Houghton versus the bottom team at home. All other clubs get the bye. Just to make sure. :D :D

But who will be bottom? ;)
by Q.
Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

Footy Chick wrote:That would be pretty ironic for Mitcham to have the division leading goalkicker AND get relegated..

It could happen. Fev won the Coleman while Carlton finished last in the same season
by Fricky
Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 2 - 2015

All clubs need selfless volunteers like Johnboy - The lucky ones get them. Loved by everyone involved with Semaphore Park, West Lakes & SMOSH, he's simply irreplaceable. Best of luck to the lads tomorrow!
by JK
Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 2 - 2015

Tomorrows Scotch v SMOSH clash is going to be a very emotional affair, with the announcement of the passing of SMOSH club legend John "John Boy" Moody.

You must've be a legend to have a scoreboard named after you whilst you were still alive.

We interviewed him on the Roots a couple of years back - a lovely and unassuming man who loved his club.

Condolences to his family and his SMOSH West Lakes family - Cohiba :(
by Footy Chick
Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |